Twenty Six

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok often thought about how stupid he had been. If only he had been a little braver, a little more clear-headed, and little less of a love-struck fool for Jimin, he could have had this way before.

Yoongi, cuddling him as they both slept together, bodies pressing as close as possible.

The alpha found himself getting up early just to look at his mate's face for a while, studying each and every feature of the omega's face, trying to imprint it into his memory. Yoongi would wake almost half an hour later, looking at Hoseok lazily, before a wide smile erupted on the omega's face.

One look at that smile and Hoseok would just melt. His mouth then opens into a wide smile subconsciously and Yoongi would giggle lightly before pecking the alpha on the lips and getting out of the bed to get ready for work. 

And that was the part Hoseok had now come to hate. Leaving for work.

Even though he knew Yoongi liked him back, loved him even, he could not bring himself to let that feeling sink in. Hoseok still got up in the middle of the night, gasping for breath and breaking into a sweat, calling for Yoongi and begging for him to stay with him and never leave. Yoongi would always hug him close at those times, his back and soothing him down, promising him that he was just there, right by his side, and that he would never let go.

But the fear was still there, and so the alpha clung close, trying to attach to the omega as soon as he was in sight, not letting go, just clutching onto him, scenting him, hugging him.

At first, Yoongi laughed it off, knowing it was the territorial nature of the alpha, to try and keep his pregnant mate alone, not to mention their newfound love for each other. But when Yoongi returned late from the infirmary one night, he found the alpha crying on the sofa.

"Hoseok? What's wrong?" Yoongi asked as Hoseok instantly looked up when the faint scent of coffee invaded his lungs, sighing in relief when Yoongi walked towards him and pulling him in for a close hug.

Yoongi the alpha's hair, as he once again asked his husband what was wrong.

Hoseok shook his head, tears still streaming down his face, as he hid into Yoongi's chest, trying to take in huge gulps of the omega's scent, whining when he couldn't because of the scent blockers, and all the other scents from the people the omega had treated. He could distinguish the scent of pines clearly. Taehyung. Hoseok whined once again, nosing Yoongi's shirt desperately.

Yoongi sighed, knowing the alpha was not going to speak up anytime soon, and just let Hoseok do whatever he wanted. 

The alpha took his time, slowly moving towards Yoongi's neck, scenting the omega profusely, growling softly when finally the scent of coffee broke through the blockers and combine with his own citrus, spreading to the entire house. Yoongi keened at the feeling, allowing himself to go lax, knowing Hoseok will hold him up safely. The omega himself had been feeling a bit angsty all day and would have rushed home if not for Taehyung. The beta kid had clung onto him the entire evening, not letting go, and even crying when Yoongi suggested he was leaving. 

"He misses Namjoon. He has been away for more than a month." Seokjin sighed.

Yoongi knew the healer missed his mate too. He was trying to hide under all the work he was doing, but the bitter scent of the omega sometimes still reached Yoongi's nose when he would leave after work. Seokjin was having it hard, and the least he could do was stay till Taehyung falls asleep. He couldn't let his anxiety get the better of him. It was actually really nice, as the two of them sat together and talked after a long time, Taehyung happy with just sitting on Yoongi's lap. The beta was also in awe of Yoongi's four and a half month pregnant belly. It was tiny still, and Jimin was showing way more at 6 months pregnant but the beta never got tired of wrapping his small hands around Yoongi's belly and screaming about imaginary movements of the baby inside.

Yoongi kept the healer company well into the night, smiling slightly as Taehyung fell asleep on his lap, hands around his belly and waist loosening as the kid drooled. With Seokjin's help, Taehyung was put to bed and Yoongi hugged his friend tight before leaving home. The angsty feeling came back as soon as he left home, and Yoongi could not help but feel like he was not safe, even though it was not too late, and there was considerable movement in the streets, several people smiling and bowing to him in recognition.

Nevertheless, Yoongi had picked up his pace as he hurried home.

Yoongi had almost dozed off, basking in their combined scent, when he heard Hoseok whisper in a quiet voice. "I thought you really left me." Yoongi's eyes snapped open at those words and he slowly tried to get out of the alpha's grip and turn to face him. Hoseok's eyes were downcast, and his scent was tinged sour, anxiety pouring off of him in waves.

"Hoseokie, look at me." Yoongi urged, moving to cup Hoseok's face in his hands. "Hey. We talked about this. I am not leaving you. Ever. You know that right?"

Hoseok nodded, tears falling on his cheeks. "I know. But I can't help it. Every time you stay away from me, my alpha starts panicking, and I feel you are not safe, that you are far away, where I can't reach you. I just feel anxious whenever you are out of my sight. I know it's stupid and irrational, and that you are really safe with Jin hyung, and safer in the palace, where there are guards everywhere. But I just feel like you and the baby are in danger when you are not by my side."

Yoongi sighed, wiping the alpha's tears. "I'm here, alpha. I am safe and sound, in your arms. " Hoseok smiled at that. "Yes, you are. Both of you are." He said, before gently lifting Yoongi up and carrying him into the bedroom, where they finally settled down in each other's arms.

"Yoongi. I know it might sound a little excessive, but is it okay if I come to the infirmary after my shift at the palace? It's just that... I think it will help my alpha stay calm if I was with you while coming back home. It's okay if you don't want to.. I understand."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Hoseok breathed, surprised. He knew he was being all over his husband nowadays, and he felt guilty for not giving Yoongi space, even though the other never complained. But he could not stop. Something inside of him always kept him anxious, looking for Yoongi whenever he wasn't in sight, calming down only when Yoongi was back in his arms, safe and sound.

"Yeah. I should be honest, but it's not only you that is feeling this. I felt anxious all day today. I only felt better when I came home. I know it is weird, but I believe that it's better to give in to our instincts than fight it. I will wait for you at hyung's place after work." Yoongi said, smiling as Hoseok kissed his cheek in response.

"Thank you, hyung."

"And hyung?" The alpha asked after a pause.

"Yeah?" Yoongi hummed drowsily.

"Promise me. Promise me that you will not leave me."

"Never Hobi. I promise."

It was Yoongi who succumbed to sleep first, the tiring day getting to him and Hoseok finally calmed down when he heard Yoongi's peaceful breaths going in and out, the rhythm of which lulled the alpha to sleep.

Hoseok felt a little better after this, making sure to meet Yoongi at the infirmary even though it was l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter