Seventeen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dalhurst?

Jungkook's kingdom?

Yoongi's mind was a whirlwind, as he followed namjoon and seokjin back to the palace.

It did not make sense.

Jungkooks' kingdom?

A meeting had been called to address the issue, and Yoongi entered the throne room to find all the royal advisers present, along with the royal guards.

Yoongi decided to ignore Hoseok's presence for now.

As soon as Jungkook spotted the elder, he jumped up and head towards him, distressed scent leaking all over.

"It was not my kingdom, hyung, I swear. The crown prince is a good friend of mine, I know him. He would never do that."

"Then are you saying that the evidence we have is false?" The king's uncle, Park Junghyun spoke up. The elder alpha held out a piece of cloth, obviously torn from one of the ambushers.

It contained a symbol. A white cross, upon which there were two crossed axes in red.

The sigil for Dalhurst.

Jungkook shook his head, eyes wide. "It is not true. It really isn't. Jiminie, please believe me. The prince, Yongsook, I know him. I have been his right hand man for three years. He is my friend, hyung. I know he would not do this. Hyung, please believe me."

Junghyun rose to peak again, but Yoongi cut him off.

He looked at his brother square in the eye. Jimin seemed shocked, not really knowing what to say.

"Jimin, do you believe Jungkook?"

"How can you believe a statement against solid proof. It is..." Yoongi cut him off again, looking at no one but Jimin, who sat on the throne, teeth worrying his lips

"Jimin-ah, do you believe Jungkook?"

The King looked at his husband for a few seconds. Yoongi saw as his expression settled to one of calm and trust.

Jimin nodded. "I believe him."

Yoongi let out a relieved breath. "That was what I thought."

Namjoon agreed as well. "It does not make sense for Dalhurst to attack us. We maintain extremely good relations with them, our trade deals have been mutually beneficial. Moreover, Jungkook is married to His majesty, and he is close with their King. They would not gain anything by trying to attack us. I believe Jungkook as well."

"Excuse me? What do you think this is? We cannot believe him! He is from the country that attacked us! The country that is trying to target you, Jimin. For all we know, he might be conspiring with them, might be one of them. Jimin, do you really believe this?" the elder alpha then turned towards Jungkook, who stood there, eyes wide.

" You.... you are trying to use him, aren't you? Trying to soften Jimin up and then attack us from inside! That is an amazing idea, to woo the omega,weaken him, and acquire his kingdom right from under his unsuspecting nose!"

Jungkook bristled at those words, and Yoongi opened his mouth to retort, but Jimin beat them all.

The king stood up casually. His elevated seat allowing him to look down at his uncle. 

"Uncle, I know you mean well, but while you might be elder than me, I would like you to remember that I am the king here. And Jungkook is my husband and I trust my husband completely, and I will not tolerate any of you accusing him of anything, with or without my presence. I am an omega, yes. I love my husband, yes, but these qualities do not make me weak. I know what to do, and who to trust. So I request you to allow me to do my job as the king. Thank you. "

Junghyun stood shocked as Jungkook looked at his husband with love and pride. So did Yoongi.

The king needed no saving, he was doing alright.

Everyone was dismissed, and it was only Yoongi who remained, as the stoic expression fell off of Jimin's face, and he all but collapsed into the throne. Jungkook went up to his husband and hugged him tight.

"Let's go to our room, Jiminie." Jungkook said, helping Jimin to his feet. The royal couple left the room as well, leaving Yoongi, worrying his lips.

"That was amazing!" Hoseok suddenly exclaimed from behind.

Well, not so alone after all.

Yoongi turned and saw the look of amazement etched onto the alpha's face.

It had always been Jimin for me, Yoongi's thoughts provided him.

Yoongi ignored the pang of ..... whatever that was he felt.

sadness, anger, hurt, ?

He did not know.

"Yeah, it was. He has never spoke against uncle before. He is finally speaking up, standing up to people, defending his mate, defending himself He is really the King now."

Yoongi could not help the pride surging in his chest, his baby brother has finally grown, matured into a wonderful and strong person. He could not be happier. No wonder Hoseok fell for him.

"I did not mean him. I meant you."

What?

Yoongi now turned to look once again at the alpha, and the look of amazement remained on his face. 

It was directed towards him, and the omega did not know what to do with that realization.

" The king had been silent until you came. Jungkook was being bombarded with questions, and the king just seemed confused. You were the one who actually cleared his dilemma. You made Jimin think that Jungkook was his mate, and would never lie to him, and you helped him decide. The way you just walked in here and cleared up everything....It.....it was amazing!" 

 Yoongi stood there, embarrassment flooding his entire being. 

How does.... How does someone react to that?

"It was nothing, I was just helping.."

"It was not nothing. Stop discrediting yourself. You are so amazing. And I see that....everyday" Hoseok was moving forward, toward him.

Yoongi's heart sped up, not knowing what to do with the proximity. The alpha's scent hit him like a wave, citrusy and confident and ..

Yoongi almost swooned at the smell, but froze, when he felt Hoseok nosing at his throat. He tried to resist, but felt Hoseok growl a little against him, and his omega gave in, eyes closing.

Hoseok was scenting him. The citrus scent washed over him, calming him down, protecting him, protecting the baby.

The baby he did not know about.

Yoongi's eyes snapped opened , and with a strength he did not know he had, he pushed the alpha away from hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter