six

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

was this update early? i dont know what is time at this point. 

anyway here it is.

enjoy

the sunlight filtering in through the blinds woke yoongi up. the omega sighed, rubbing his eyes, and he tried to move, freezing when he felt an arm draped over his stomach. His very stomach. the memories from the previous night came flooding back, and the omega blushed. he turned to look up at the alpha next to him, mouth parted slightly, and fast asleep, and smiled despite himself. he finally felt satisfied, his omega content. though he would have liked to stay and continue smiling like a love struck foll at his husband, he had to get up and make some breakfast before the alpha woke. he wanted to surprise the other with a breakfast, since the alpha did it everyday. he tried to extract the alpha's arm slightly, but the grip tightened, causing the omega to giggle. Hoseok's face scrunched up slightly at the sound,and yoongi immediately clamped his fist into his mouth. but there was no use. he had woken the other up. the alpha's eyes fluttered open and close for a while, before he got up and stretched, letting out a pleased hum. yoongi giggled again, and that is when the alpha's eyes snapped towards him.

and widened.  

"wha.." the alpha started, before looking down and realising that both of them were . Yoongi watched with growing apprehension as the emotions flashed through the alpha's face.  Shock, confusion, realisation and finally, and the one that broke the omega's heart, regret.

"Oh no! oh no! did we? did we have? oh my god, this should not have happened! how much did i drink yesterday? oh no! OH GOD!" the alpha scrambled backwards, falling off the bed, pulling off the sheets with him. Yoongi looked at the alpha, eyes wide, heart sinking as the alpha immediately closed his eyes at his figure, scrambling about widely for his own clothes.

"Hoseok ...I"

"I am sorry, I am sorry... this should not have happened. this is a mistake. Oh god, i made a mistake, I should not have drank... i shouldn't have... I am so sorry.. i will just leave.." the alpha ran off, not allowing yoongi to get a word in.

it was nearly night, and there was no sight of hoseok. that was when yoongi started out in search of the alpha. he had to talk to the other about this, he had to make sure hoseok understood that yoongi was not forced into consummating the marriage. That he had consented to whatever had happened between the two of them. he had to clear things out between them.

the omega quickly dressed up,as it was getting cold, before going out in search of the alpha. his inner omega was constantly whining, feeling rejected by the alpha. But yoongi knew that he needed to talk to the alpha. to tell him that he was not forced to do it, because it looked like the alpha had that assumption. the omega had searched the house,went to hoseok's parent's place too, and covered most of the palace grounds, not finding the alpha anywhere. just as he was about to give up, he finally found the scent of citrus coming from the shed used to store to weapons. yoongi neared the shed, but stopped short when he heard conversation.

"how long are you going to keep this up?" it was a voice the omega did not realise, but it was an alpha sensing from the strong scent mixed with that of the citrus of hoseok's. he heard hoseok sigh. "I don't know. i really don't know. i know it is not fair. but i can't help it." the omega did not understand. "maybe its time you settled down, start a family, you are married hoseok, take responsibility. your husband deserves better than this." hoseok sighed. "i know. He does." yoongi smiled despite himself. he almost entered the shed, hand on the door, but he froze when he heard the next words.

"but i could not help but wish it was someone else."

yoongi's blood ran cold. what was he saying? does hoseok ..love someone else?

the other alpha spoke up again, voice calm but chiding at the same time. "hoseok you need to get over this. it has been almost three months. you cannot go around pining for someone who has a mate and is happy without you. hoseok, the king did not even know you existed till you got married to his brother." 

the king? what did this alpha mean....??

he heard a crash, and stifled a gasp, thankfully no one heard him from inside. "it was supposed to me! i was supposed to married to jimin. hell, i was going to be engaged to him, but that bloody jungkook imprinted on him."

what?

He heard sobbing from the inside. "it had always been jimin for me. ever since i overheard my parents talking about the alliance they had made when the two of us had presented. I grew up loving jimin,I was supposed to build a future with him, not his brother. how do you expect me to forget a person i loved since i was a kid? seven years, hyung. seven years of me waiting to finally meet him, talk to him, make him mine, and just before the announcement, another alpha just comes in and takes him, and i should just let it be? they ended up fixing me up with his brother. and i could not refuse. what reason would i give, I love the mated king, so please just let me be with him? my parents did not know i was aware of the initial plan. not wanting to break their alliance they shipped me off with the next of kin. i agreed, thinking I would get overe it, but every time i see yoongi's face, i just wish it was jimin instead."

yoongi stood frozen on the spot. a chill settled within him, but it was not because of the cold.

it was dread.

"i joined the guards since, i wanted to be able to see the prince when he sometimes came to train in defence. Now, i stand in his personal security, spend the entire day in his presence, but never in the way I want to. i have to stand back and allow jungkook in, see their love for each other every moment they are together. my heart aches everytime i think that it could have me, it should have been me. but instead, i stand back and let him in. i am just a guard. I am nothing to jimin other than his personal guard and his brother in law. but its ok. at least i get to see him everyday. I am happy with how happy he looks with his mate. but i can't get over him. I loved him too much. he may not have known me, hyung. but i know him. I know everything about him. I was ready to be his husband to help him as king, but suddenly i am into the world of his brother, who has nothing to do with politics, and everyone just expects me to accept it? what about my feelings for jimin? What about what i wanted in life, who i wanted in life? why should i take up responsibility when no one took some for me? How am i supposed to forget seven years of anticipating the day of my marriage, only to end up married to some random orphaned omega?" 

Yoongi flinched, tears pricking his eyes at the tone the alpha used to refer to him.

" i did not ask for this. but i had no reason to refuse, and accepted to marry yoongi. but i can't do this. can't act like jimin means nothing to me. I can't do it hyung. I was deluding myself pretty well till i heard jimin was pregnant, and i just lost it. i realised i will never get over this. i cannot forget jimin, and that is why i drank. I drank too much, and now i don't remember what happened yesterday. but I think i made a huge mistake. i think i consummated my marriage in my drunken haze. and i don't know what to do. i did not want this to happen. now i messed up. what do i do? how do i face my husband and tell him it was a mistake, that i did not mean for it to happen. that i don't like him that way?"

yoongi slowly stepped back, brain too shock to fully grasp what was happening. but the omega knew what was happening. their alpha had outright rejected him, and right now, the omega's priority was to take them away from hoseok, to safety. 

and so yoongi turned around and ran.

the omega was wondering around in the forest near the palace for some hours, his mind absolutely blank. he suddenly found himself nearing the palace. the omega found its way home. home. too bad yoongi thought that word applied to some other place not until a while ago. he quietly entered the palace making his way to what used to be his quarters. it was smaller than jimin's, but not by much and yoongi loved his room. To his relief his room was still the same, even after he moved out. he went in and sat down on the bed, his scent fading away frm the sheets. he curled up on the edge of the bed. that is when the first laugh came. a few minutes later, yoongi was laughing his lungs out. hoseok was the alpha jimin was supposed to marry. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter