Ten

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I know most of you are probably mad at me. Its been too long, i agree, but i can't say anything but sorry. college work is stressful and I could not sit down to write that often.
All that being said, here is you next chapter

, I did not think this through.

"Ho..Hoseok?" Yoongi stammered, eyes open wide, and Hoseok just stared back, his mind only then processing how stupid his decision was. Looking at Yoongi now, Hoseok started panicking.

oh , oh . What have I done? Maybe I can just turn back and run? Yoongi could come up with an excuse for the empty door right? He is smart, he will come up with something, Maybe I should go. Ya I should just turn and leave..... that will be the best ..

"who is it dear?" Hoseok's mother came to the door. When she saw Hoseok, her whole face lit up, and the woman let out a girly squeal, moving to hug him fiercely. Hoseok hugged her back, and her sweet scent entered his lungs, bringing back past memories.

Hoseok only then realized how much he missed his mother.

"I missed you so much dear! Why didn't you come home at all? Is your husband so good that you forgot about your own mother?" she . Hoseok laughed awkwardly and glanced at Yoongi, who just stood there looking at him with a dumbfounded expression.

"Honey! Guess who decided to finally decided to come home today?" The elder omega called for Hoseok's father, while the alpha stood there, embarrassed.

He should visit his parents more often. 

After greeting his father, who for forgetting them as soon as he got married (He just hung his head in shame), Hoseok was pulled into the living area, only to stop short in shock.

His house looked different. More vibrant.

There were a few new paintings. Hoseok spotted a lot of flower vases placed strategically all over the house, and even some plant pots. The alpha's parents were not in any way poor, but even with all the money, they were very simple people, never really bothering to decorate. To see the house look so... different, was shocking to the alpha.

His parents noticed his expression and Mrs. Jung just chuckled. "It is all thanks to your husband." his father nodded along, a thoughtful look on his face. "he insisted we have flowers and house plants to cleanse the house and make it pleasant smelling. He even brought us some paintings from the palace." the tradesman looked at Yoongi with a fond look.  "He is too kind to us old beings."

"Don't say such things, father. The paintings were actually not being displayed anywhere in the palace and I had helped the treasurer's wife before, and so he gave it me easily. Nothing great here." Yoongi interrupted, cheeks flaming red from embarrassment. 

a flash of something akin to envy passed hoseok at the exchange and the casual way Yoongi addressed Mr. Jung as his father.

"You are too humble, Yoongi dear. " the alpha's chuckled before turning to Hoseok. "let's make some tea for the guest shall we?" she , while beckoning him into the kitchen with her. Hoseok followed, all the while feeling Yoongi's gaze on his back. He got the message alright.

Don't this up. 

With a racing heart, Hoseok stood next to his mother while she made his favorite jasmine tea.

"I am glad your husband finally convinced you to come home."

Okay, this one he overheard.

"I am sorry mom, I got really busy at the palace. Yoongi kept complaining how I should visit my parents, and I wanted to. I wanted to see you and dad, but.... I just couldn't" 

Not with whatever happened in the past few days.

His mom sighed. 

"I understand, but I am still an old mother, whose son just got married and feels lonely. Come meet your Mom and Dad yeah?" Hoseok nodded, guilt not allowing him to speak. his mother then smiled at him.

A few minutes passed, and the silence grew heavy. "Hoseok, dear, are you alright? You seem awfully quiet."

"uh? No mom, nothing, I am just tired that is all"

Of course his mother found out. Hoseok was never quiet. silence made him feel restless. He always had to speak up, fill the silence somehow.

But for the first time in his life, Hoseok did not know how. But he had to act natural, act like he was happy with Yoongi, keep up the act Yoongi had spent days performing.

so he awkwardly cleared his throat, and decided to ask questions instead.

"so, Yoongi visits often, right? He keeps you company all day?"

The smile that broke out on Mrs. Jung's face felt like a bucket of ice cold water to Hoseok.

"Oh, yes he does. He is such a thoughtful kid. At first he seemed so shy, so silent, but he still used to come once every week. your dad and I would talk to him all day, while he just politely answered back all questions. " she smiled wide.

"He never really talked much other than that. Until one day he entered the kitchen to help me, and found one of the vases I had on the counter. It had been empty, I did not have flowers to keep in them. The next week he came in with two more vases and fresh flowers plucked from the garden. I still remember how embarrassed he was when he offered me the flowers."

Mrs. Jung laughed while Hoseok tried to smile along. And failed.

"After that, he really opened up to us. he kept insisting that we should have more flowers and plants at home. I wanted to as well, but I did not have the time to actually do gardening, and I told him so." she chuckled.

"I was the most surprised when he somehow convinced your father to start gardening."

At this Hoseok almost slipped from the counter he was leaning against. "He what?" 

His father, and gardening?

"Yoongi didn't tell you? Maybe he wanted to surprise you." hoseok just stared, mind still not over what his mom just told him.

How did he convince his dad? His father never had the patience for that stuff.

"And now your father spends every spare moment of his in the garden in the backyard. Yoongi helps him whenever he comes home.Would you believe that?" She chuckled. "He had even named the plants now, and talks to them everyday." 

Hoseok laughed, amused and surprised. He looked out the window to spot his father standing , squinting down at some saplings. he then spotted Yoongi walking up to him and commenting something to the elder beta, pointing his finger at something on the soil. Mr. Jung erupted out in laughter, and Yoongi stood there with a wide smile, the same smile that Hoseok had seen a while back. 

A mixture of emotions went through Hoseok at the same time. 

Yoongi, was something else, altogether.

"Here is your tea." HIs mother offered,  hoseok sipped it, smiling when the familiar taste hit his tongue. He missed his mother's tea. There was a comfortable silence, as he just climbed up the counter like he often did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter