Twenty

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry for not updating in so long!

Here is Chapter 20

Things had been going well.

Soon after Hoseok got the news, Yoongi had decided to finally reveal that he was expecting to his family and friends.

Jimin had hugged him and cried for an hour out of happiness. Hoseok's mother and father were overjoyed, congratulating the pair. Taehyung had hugged Yoongi tight and refused to leave the elder for an hour.

Back home, things had been progressively getting better. Without the need to hide his pregnancy, Yoongi had started to stop using the scent repressors at home, allowing the house to fill up with the scent of coffee, pleasantly mixing with that of citrus, together creating a scent that soothed the omega. There was a pleasant hum around the two fo them, a slight awkwardness that was always there, but nothing that the two of them couldn't handle. They were working together towards it.  

However, it all came crashing down, when there was another attempt at the king's life, this time too close for comfort.

This time it was as Jimin was having a walk at the castle gardens. Now that the omega had gotten over his sickness, Jimin preferred to spend some time at the gardens every day, just walking around the space, occasionally stopping to smell a particular rose, or inspect a sunflower.

It was one of those days, as Jimin decided on an impromptu trip to the gardens with Jungkook. As the two of them walked down the path, two soldiers in tow, Jimin suddenly jumped ahead, having spotted a blue dandelion. 

"Look, Jungkookie, a dandelion!" The omega giggled to his husband as he attempted to blow at the flower.

And just as Jimin inhaled, a sudden rush of arrows whizzed past the couple, landing at the spot the king had been not ten seconds ago.

 

"This is serious, Jimin. We really need to do something about this."

"Yes. This is the second direct attempt at your life. We need to talk to Dalhurst."

"Dalhurst would never hurt you, Jimin, listen to me."

"Our only clue was that piece of cloth, clearly pointing at Dalhurst, it would be stupid if we did not even acknowledge it in the slightest."

"Our relations with Dalhurst haven't been stronger, I don't understand why they would.."

"It's this precise reason. They think they can fool us into trusting them, just so that they can backstab us, using this alpha consort of yours as a means."

"Jiminie, believe me, I would never do something like this."

"Your majesty, do not fall into the traps of these Dalhurstians. They are very cunning."

"STOP IT! ALL OF YOU!" Jimin bellowed, and the courtroom fell into a silence.

Jimin rose from his chair, pacing slowly around as he thought.

"I agree with uncle. We cannot completely rule out Dalhurst. That was the first clue we got, and we need to clear it out if it is false, which it probably is."

Jungkook opened his mouth to protest, but the King held up his hand, silencing the alpha.

"However, I refuse to believe that Jungkook could be involved in anything of this sort. So please stop blaming him without any evidence at all. I will not be repeating myself, uncle." The king turned to the royal advisor."Namjoon-shi, I feel its best that you visit Dalhurst on the pretense of a new trade deal. I am sure you can come up with something. Talk to the crown prince and try and find out if there is something going on. I still believe it is a misunderstanding, but we need to look at all possibilities."

The royal advisor nodded, agreeing immediately. "I will be on the lookout during my stay there, try and find out if there is any foul play going on."

The king nodded, sighing. " Be careful, hyung. If there is indeed something, you will be in danger. Stay alert at all times. I give you the liberty to choose your own convoy." 

It was after all of them left that Hoseok spoke up. "We need to strengthen our security at the castle. The attempt at the royal gardens is unsettling. That could not have been possible unless there were some soldiers from our own side involved. I will need to look into that. Until then, I believe His Majesty is not safe at the castle. We need to safely take you somewhere else."

"Where? The summer castle?" Hoseok shook his head. "It is the most obvious choice, and the attackers would have thought of the possibility. Moreover, it is too far away for us to come to immediate aid if needed. Deploying a bunch of our army there would also weaken the security here. We need to keep both of you somewhere close, right under their noses."

Jungkook was not convinced. "But where would we stay?"

"At Namjoon-shi's?" Hoseok suggested. Yoongi declined.

" No, too many people go to Seokjin's house as patients. We cannot risk another attempt at Jiminie's life." 

"What about your house, Yoongi hyung?" Jimin exclaimed!

Jungkook joined his husband, immediately liking the idea! "Yes, that would be good, hyung. We could also increase security and no one would doubt it because its Hoseok's house and he is the head of the guards."

Yoongi hummed in thought and agreed. It would make sense to have Jimin and Jungkook live with them for a week.

Their house was not too far away from the castle, yet nestled in a quiet community that kept them away from the risk of being spotted. Hoseok's presence would in itself be added security for the Royal couple.

So Yoongi agreed, looking at Hoseok for confirmation. Hoseok looked a little surprised, and looked at the omega, confused. Yoongi just stared back, expectant blank, sighing in relief as the alpha finally nodded.

But Yoongi noticed the alpha was still a little concerned, and the omega did not understand w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter