five

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello. sorry i could not update in a while. 

here is the next chapter.

Things did not change. In fact, in yoongi's opinion, it became worse. hoseok was too busy in the prince's guard duty, and barely came home. the omega had tried to get the alpha to notice him, but all his efforts were simply overlooked, the omega never managing to get more than a tired smile and an occassional half hearted compliment. after another week of the same thing, the omega gave up on trying to get the alpha's attention. he just loves his work too much. 

but yoongi's omega was not giving up, always trying to get the alpha's attention. that was why he ended up spending a lot of time in jimin's room,as hoseok had been stationed outside the door for a few days. he went there everyday just so that he could see his husband for that one brief second before entering his brother's room. the scent of citrus just outside the room calmed the omega down. Many a time, he would just sit there all day in jimin's room, not alerting the prince of his presence,  and read, basking in the scent of his mate. that is until, one day jungkook caught him. the alpha was also training at defense, because he 'wanted to practice his skills and improve upon them' and was often was with the training guards. Yoongi had the whole day to himself in jimin's room. But unfortunately one day, the alpha's classes were cancelled and jungkook barged into the room, only to reel back in shock when he found yoongi on the armchair, book in hand, spectacles sliding down his face, while said omega just stared him in the face, expression blank. "hyung? when did you get here?" the alpha asked,and yoongi gulped. he could not lie, hoseok would know then. "um... for some time, yeah." the younger seemed confused. "does jiminie hyung know you are here?" yoongi's heart clenched painfully at the term of endearment the alpha used to refer to his brother, but managed to school his expression. he slowly shook his head. "I did not pass the message of my arrival, no, and nor do i intend to." jungkook raised an eyebrow. "why hyung?" yoongi faked a long sigh, though internally he was praying that he did not look flushed, his truth coming out. "If i call jiminie, he will quickly leave all his duties and come running, and as a prince in training, i do not want him to leave an impression of not being responsible." the omega lied through his teeth, and thankfully the alpha giggled, agreeing to whatever yoongi said. "that is true hyung. But it is not fair for you to wait around doing nothing while jimin is gone, hyung." Trust me, i would not want to be anywhere else right now. however, once again, yoongi kepot quiet, and jungkook brightened. "but, not today! i am here today and i will keep ypu company. come hyung, lets go to the gardens, i think i saw some beautiful flowers there." yoongi wanted to scream "no!" but being the coward he is, he nodded his head, desperately trying to get lungfulls of his alpha's scent before leaving what had been his haven for the past few days. it took him all of his willpower to not go and cling to hoseok as soon as he caught a strong whiff of citrus just as he left the room. He did not know how much longer he could keep this up. 

they met jimin at the gardens an hour later, jimin scolding and pouting at yoongi for not informing him when he came, jungkook just smiling and pulling the omega close to himself, before suddenly scrunching up his nose. "you smell like another alpha." he growled softly, and immediately sunk into jimin's neck, scenting him. "it was my trainer, kookie, honestly." jimin giggled in disbelief, while yoongi averted his eyes, not wanting to ruin the private moment between the couple. jealousy within him was burning, the omega trying to keep the tears at bay. as jimin giggled from beside him, yoongi stood up. "hyung... where are you going?" "well, i spent all day hee, jiminie, I need to get back home." yoongi struggled to keep his oice even, after which he walked away, not turning back, nor responding to the farewells shouted by the couple behind him. if some tears slipped out from his eyes, none was the wiser. 

a few days later, yoongi was sitting at the dinner table, waiting for the arrival of the king. it was something held every month, the royal family and members of the council gather together for dinner. Yoongi usually stayed away from these dinners, as he was not interested in politics and was into healing. the king too, never forced him. This time, however, jimin had called him in earnest, telling his brother to come over and not spend all time with books, and yoongi relented to the younger. the king seemed to be running late, held up wioh some work. He looked the queen's way. she was fussing over jimin and jungkook, and yoongi smiled at the sight. a pang rose in his chest, a small memory of his mother putting him to sleep when he was small, singing songs that her mother used to sing to her. he did not remember much about his parents, having lost them very young, but certain memories resurfaced from time and time leaving yoongi feeling empty and sad. His train of thought was interrupted by a woman calling him from his right. yoongi turned around to look at the faces of one the wives of one of the council members. these wives were also the reason why yoongi stayed away from these dinners.they always seem to want to embarrass him, mocking him indirectly. He generally sat between the queen and jimin to avois them, but with jungkook in the mix, the seating had changees and now he was stuck with her, with no one free to help him out. "how are you dear?" yoongi mumbled out a reply, repeating the question for courtesy, and just when he thought he was getting away with only this, the lady asked the question he had planned on avoiding all night. "where is your alpha, dear? why is he not here yet?" yoongi felt his stomach sink and gulped nervously. you practised the lines yoongi, you can do this. yoongi mustered up the best smile he could. "unfortunately my husband is on guard duty today as well." he said. he had uttered tha same words many a times at jin's place , but the sick feeling in his stomach never went away. the lady chuckled loudly, and the noise grated on his nerves. "he is working, even now? thats weird isn't it? knowing that he is your husband, there is no way they would give him such long hours." the lady giggled again. "one would think he was asking for longer hours, won't they?" the lady was not subtle about it. yoongi heard the implication behind those words, loud and clear. Its not like these thoughts had never crossed the omega's mind. during the nights, when he once again slid into the cold bed, thoughts like 'is he avoiding me?' and 'does he not want to be home?' haunt him. but seeing hoseok make breakfast for him every morning no matter how early he left, always made him kill those thoughts. but this woman's words was really worrying. now that he thought about it, she made sense. there was no way hoseok would be given such long hours, knowing he is married to yoongi. at the same time, the alpha could have asked for equal treatment? he justified, and sighed deeply. he really needed to talk to him about this, no matter how tired hoseok looked when he finally came back home at nights. 

the gnawing feeling did not leave him for the rest of the evening.

To everyone's surprise the king came to the dinner with a guest. it was none other than kim namjoon. everyone was surprised because these gatherings were closed, meaning no one except members of council and family was allowed. seeing the husband of the healer was really surprising. namjoon did work at the palace, but was not the member of the council. he dealt with managing citizen complaints. "I have two very special announcements to make. first off, the queen and I will be leaving to swynfort next week, for around a month on some business work. so we are planning to have the coronation two days before we leave." jimin gasped from beside yoongi, apparently unaware of this development. the king smiled at his son. "i know you thought you had time, but i believe in you son, i know you can do it. It is time for you to take over. and with jungkook on your side, i am pretty sure you will be a great ruler." jimin gulped, before getting up and bowing towards the king. "I am honoured you feel I am ready. I will tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter