Twenty Three

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok hoped it was not a dream.

Even if it was, he never wanted to wake from it.

It might not seem like a big thing to someone from the outside. it might also be unnoticeable to some, but to Hoseok, who was hyperaware of everything Yoongi nowadays, it was monumental.

The two of them had decided to stay at Hoseok's parent's house while Jimin and Jungkook managed the king's heat.

Yoongi was just exiting the washroom after a shower as Hoseok entered the room, and the onslaught of Yoongi's scent had the alpha's mind reeling for a second. The alpha cleared his throat gently to focus.

"Are you feeling better?" Hoseok asked referring to the morning sickness hat Yoongi had earlier in the morning. Hoseok made Yoongi have a light breakfast before he convinced the omega to sleep a little longer, Yoongi agreeing after a little resistance. Now he had gotten up and showered.

A light blush rose on Yoongi's cheeks as he nodded. 

"Yes, Thank you for helping me. I am feeling much better now." Yoongi fidgeted with his sleeves, red coating his cheeks, and Hoseok resisted the urge to coo.

And only then it struck him.

Yoongi was swaddled in Hoseok's old clothes. Hoseok's clothes was a lot looser on Yoongi's thinner frame, and hung over the omega's shoulder, giving him adorable sweater paws that he kept trying to pull up.

Hoseok tried not to stare at the milky expanse of Yoongi's shoulder. The omega fidgeted once again, getting shy under the alpha's gaze.

Of course, it could not mean anything. They had turned up empty-handed to the Jung's residence, and Yoongi clearly did not want to wear the same clothes they had come in, the faint smell of vanilla still sticking to the fabric.

But there was Yoongi, standing shyly before him, tugging at his sleeves and looking anywhere but at him, but still standing expectantly. 

Something within Hoseok soared when he finally realized that the omega was showing off to its alpha.

Hoseok the human was gone, his mind screaming at the sight in front of him, not knowing how to react just internally screaming at the adorable sight in front of him.

But his alpha knew what to do, and took the situation into its hands.

"You look good in my clothes." Hoseok choked out, and his mind immediately freaked out. 

what kind of response is that? You look good in my clothes? Oh my god, you creep. Now Yoongi is going to be creeped out by me.

The omega, to his amazement, however, blushed darker at the praise, mumbling a soft thank you, before exiting the room, leaving a trail of coffee bean scent, happy and sated.

The omega had been waiting for a compliment.

Hoseok's alpha was smug. 

So was Hoseok.

Yoongi was still blushing as he headed downstairs.

He could not believe what had happened. He continued to fiddle with his sleeves, loving the faded citrus scent still embedded in the alpha's clothes. He stopped himself from sniffing at the shirt.

damn. show some control, will you?

but his omega was on a high, floating in the compliment that Hoseok just gave him. And Yoongi did not find it in himself to disagree. he smiled as he thought about Hoseok seemed flustered at seeing him in his clothes. 

The fact that the alpha was that affected gave him some power.

"Yoongi-ah there you are."

Mrs.Jung's voice cut through his reverie, and Yoongi snapped out of it, hoping the elder did not notice him smiling like a creep in the hallway.

I missed this so much, the omega thought to himself, as helped Hoseok's mother with the lunch. With his pregnancy, the problem with Jimin, and his work at the infirmary, Yoongi had not visited his in-laws in very long.

There was also the fact that he was scared to reveal his pregnancy.

"Hoseokie told me you were feeling well in the morning. How are you feeling now dear?" She asked, looking concerned.

Yoongi smiled, affection blooming in his chest. "I am doing great, mother. It was just normal morning sickness. I am good now,really."

Mrs.Jung sighed. "That is a relief. But I still think you should not help me with lunch today. take some rest, dear." 

Yoongi shook his head. "I really want to. I missed doing this with you, mother." The elder omega smiled, moving to engulf Yoongi in a hug, one which the omega returned full force.

" You are always welcome here you know that, right?" Yoongi nodded into the hug, eyes tearing up.

these were the moments when Yoongi knew he was lucky.

Yoongi broke the hug and smiled at his mother-in-law, who gave him a watery smile in return. 

"Yoongi-ah, can I ask you something?" Mrs.Jung asked after a while, voice quiet.

"Anything mother. What happened?" 

"Is... Hoseok treating you well?" Yoongi paused, surprised by her question. she continued before he could say anything.

"My son... he is quite impulsive. Growing up, he caused quite a lot of problems for us. Always running away, dancing on the street with performers and whatnot." She smiled fondly. 

" I know your marriage was quite sudden, and Hoseok was not quite involved with the process. he agreed to the marriage, even though we never forced him, but he still seemed distant, and I worried for quite some time that maybe he did not want it."

"But then, I saw you, and in you, I found someone perfect for him. You had the quietness that he lacked, the calm while he was all over the place. I knew at that moment that you perfect for him." She smiled sadly. 

"Things had not been that great after that, wasn't it?" she asked and Yoongi gasped.

"I .... I suspected it, to be honest. I saw it, you know, when you would tell me Hoseok could not make it, and would always have this sad smile. I kept quiet, thinking you needed time to adjust, and that things will cool down eventually. But it had been months, and Hoseok never visited."

"I sometimes used to think I was at fault. Maybe Hoseok was never ready for marriage, and I pushed him into it, forcing him to like you, unwittingly. It was selfish of me, don't you think? That I pulled you into everything just for my kid's sake?" She asked, a tear sliding down her face.

"I kept quiet because  I did not know what to do, I felt so guilty. I did not want to interfere and make things worse. It broke my heart when I saw you turn up alone every week, making excuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter