Twenty Four

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warm.

Yoongi got up feeling warm and cozy. Blinking against the light streaming through the room's curtains, Yoongi slowly tried to get up, but froze when he realized he was caught in a tight embrace.

He craned his neck to find Hoseok holding him tight in his sleep, breaths coming out in small puffs against the omega's neck. A smile crept up the omega's face. The alpha looked so peaceful at the moment, face relaxed, nothing like the sadness etched on his face the previous night. 

The thought still sent a pang of hurt in the omega.

But then, the omega remembered what happened after. Of how Hoseok kissed him, deeply and softly at the same time. Of how the alpha held him carefully, as he scented the omega all over, of how he hummed appreciatively as Yoongi scented him, eyes forming beautiful crescents when he smiled. Of how he had cradled the omega's belly gingerly, looking at the minute bump with an awe that endeared the omega.

A blush crept up the omega's face as he recollected every kiss, every caress, every touch, savouring the memory.

Just then, a knock startled the omega, causing Hoseok to slide his arms off with a groan.

"Yoongi? Hoseok? Are you awake? There are some visitors for you, please come on out." It was Mr. Jung and hearing the elder alpha call our for the both of them made Yoongi startle awake, and he quickly jostled the sleeping alpha, waking him up and then moving to the bathroom, trying to make himself look presentable.

His face was all tousled and his cheeks were still rosy from his previous thoughts, and the omega was pretty sure he smelled more than Hoseok than himself, but he could just smile at that thought.

Well, he scented like his husband, and the visitor would just have to deal with it.

By the time he changed into something presentable, Hoseok had woken up, looking confused and downright adorable, a pout framing his features as he looked around wildly, his eyes half shut.

"Come on Hoseok-ah. Father just called. Said we had guests."

Hoseok muttered something unintelligent, and looked back at the pillows, contemplating sleep again. Yoongi sighed. He didn't know Hoseok could be such a baby in the morning, considering he woke up after Hoseok generally.

He tried to wake Hoseok up again, but the alpha was sitting on the bed, eyes shut, dozing off momentarily.

And while the sight was adorable, his inner omega cooing at how the alpha looked so cuddly in the morning, smelling like him.

But Yoongi was a man on a mission. A smile crept up his face as he came up with a plan. He walked across the room on four wide steps, standing in front of the still sleeping alpha. He bent over to place a kiss on the alpha's lips.

It worked like magic.

Hoseok's eyes shot open as he looked at Yoongi, shocked. The omega tried not to blush and failed, but having succeeded he turned to open the door, but a hand on his wrist prevented him from moving.

"again." Hoseok mumbled looking at Yoongi with a gaze that made the omega squirm inside.

"No. Father called us. We have visitors." Hoseok pouted, and Yoongi almost gave in. 

He stalked off the room, waiting patiently outside as the alpha quickly cleaned himself up, walking out of the room looking much more alert. Yoongi started walking when he was suddenly pulled back. Hoseok placed a kiss on the omega's lips, smiling as he grazed his lips over his husband's."Thank you. For waking me up. And for yesterday." The alpha said, scenting the omega slightly with his wrist. Yoongi melted, allowing Hoseok to place another kiss on his lips and then one on his nose before the two of them walked towards the living room, Yoongi blushing and Hoseok smiling.

Yoongi smelled Hoseok's scent turn sour.

The two made it to the living room to find Jimin and Jungkook, seated on the sofa and talking politely to Hoseok's parents.

Jungkook's head quickly snapped in their direction once Hoseok entered. A silence fell over the room, as for one second Hoseok's eyes flashed red.

Yoongi quickly moved to hold Hoseok's hand, squeezing it slightly to let the alpha know that he was here. he was safe. Hoseok took a deep breath.

Jungkook stood up, and Yoongi immediately felt Hoseok bristle, a low growl emanating from his alpha. Jungkook stepped forward and Hoseok growled once again, moving to stand in front of Yoongi, protecting him from the alpha threat.

Yoongi would be endeared if he was not terrified of Jungkook's reaction. 

For a while, neither of the alphas spoke. Hoseok was still felling on edge seeing the alpha who had challenged him at his territory. Back then, he had left for Yoongi's safety. Now, however, Hoseok was ready to fight back. Tooth and nail.

But to his surprise, the younger alpha did not fight back. Instead, Hoseok heard Yoongi gasp when Jungkook fell to his knees in front of Hoseok, hands on the floor in front of him as he apologized to Hoseok.

"I came here to formally apologize Hyung. I am sorry for what had happened back in your territory. It was wrong of me to challenge you at your own house, and risking both your and your omega's life because of my mate's heat. I should have been able to control my instincts better. I forced to leave your territory for the sake of your mate, stay away because of me. I apologize for everything that happened, i am really sorry."

"I will accept any punishment that you see fit." The alpha ended, still folded on the ground in front of Hoseok.

Hoseok was shocked. He had expected the alpha to come back to his senses once the heat broke, but he was unprepared for this. Rationally he knew this was not Jungkook's fault, and that the alpha had acted on instinct. But he was still an alpha, and it hurt his pride when he had to give up his territory for another couple for their heat. Just when he was contemplating what to do, he felt Yoongi squeeze his hand.

He looked up to see his mate smiling at him, reassuringly.

His alpha melted at the sight of his omega, and he knew he held no will. Because of not for Jungkook forcing him, maybe yesterday would have never happened. Yoongi would have never grown closer to him. And as the alpha remembered how willingly Yoongi had allowed Hoseok to kiss him before walking into this room, he knew he lost.

Because as long as his mate was safe and happy, Hoseok could do anything.

So gave a hesitant smile in return, to Yoongi, before turning and kneeling in front of Jungkook, who still kept his forehead on the floor, asking the elder for forgiveness.

"There is nothing to forgive, Jungkook-ah. I know it was instincts and that no one could have prepared for such a situation. I am just happy nothing serious happened, and that all of us made of it safe. Please don't kneel in front of me. There is nothing to forgive."

But Jungkook stayed in his position not moving, until Hoseok noticed how the younger was trembling, shoulders shaking with the force of his sobbing. 

Hoseok felt a wave of affection for the royal consort. He quickly moved to embrace the younger, soothing him as the alpha apologized again and again, told him how terrified and disgusted he felt when the heat broke and everything came back to him. 

Hoseok console the younger and looked up to find Jimin crying in Yoongi's embrace, pointing to the elder omega's wound and sobbing further, apologizing for harming his brother. 

Yoongi looked up at that exact moment, and locked eyes with the alpha.

And as he saw Yoongi smile wide at him, Hoseok knew everything will be okay.

Jimin and Jungkook went back to the kingdom palace the same day. Everyone had seen the couple exiting Yoongi and Hoseok's house, and there was no point in hiding anymore. The palace had been searched for anything suspicious, and after the death of Sehun, everyone felt it was safer for Jimin to be back in the palace. After all, he was the king, and he had to get back to his duties. 

Hoseok and Yoongi came back home, after making sure to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter