Twenty Seven

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the next chapter guys.
It has some sweet sole moments and some angst, cause well.. you know me!
Hope you enjoy it!

 

Yoongi closed the door to the royal chamber slowly, turning around to face a worried Hoseok.

"Is he okay?" the alpha questioned, and Yoongi sighed. 

"No. He cries a lot. I had to give him Seokjin's medicine to fall asleep."

Hoseok sighed, before widening his arms, beckoning Yoongi, who wasted no time in moving into them, arms closing around the alpha as they hugged, taking in the comfort of each other. Hoseok nosed along Yoongi's neck, nudging his scent gland to start releasing his scent before covering it up with his own. Yoongi leaned back, exposing his neck, allowing the alpha to scent him, feeling the tension slowly melt away from his body.

They walked together to Yoongi's old chamber, hand in hand. They had decided that Yoongi should stay the night, Hoseok even suggesting that Yoongi stay with Jimin, but Yoongi denied.

Maybe it was the pregnancy or his sickness from earlier, but the omega was feeling really needy and did not like being away from Hoseok. So the two of them decided to sleep in Yoongi's room, just a few steps away from Jimin's. 

The both of them got into the bed, Hoseok making sure to tuck the elder in before making himself comfortable on the mattress, which still smelt faintly of Yoongi. The omega was quick to beckon Hoseok, humming in satisfaction as Hoseok hugged him from behind, nose tucked right under his chin.

The anxiousness from before washed away in the comfort of his alpha.

But the worry was still there.

Yoongi thought Hoseok had drifted off, but it was not true, as the alpha suddenly shuffled closer, pulling the omega closer to him, hands splayed across Yoongi's stomach as if protecting the pup inside as well. Yoongi smiled at the subconscious effort to keep them safe.

"Hyung?" Hoseok whispered low, afraid to wake Yoongi up if he had slept.

"Yes, Seokie?"

"I'm sorry." 

Yoongi immediately turned to face his husband, who had a really guilty expression on his face.

"What? Why?"

"If I had made you come back here yesterday, maybe we could have avoided all of this. We could have stopped Jungkook and prevented all of this. I was so stubborn that you stay at home. I'm sorry."

Yoongi smiled up at Hoseok, lifting his hands to place them on the alpha's cheek, forcing Hoseok to look into his eyes.

"Hoseok, honey, it's not your fault. It's ridiculous that you think that. You could not have fathomed that Jungkook would run away like that, how could you have known? I was sick, it was night, and you wanted to keep me safe. I understand. You are not responsible for Jungkook's actions, alright?"

Hoseok nodded, his own hands coming up to cover Yoongi's before moving forward to kiss the omega's nose.

" I love you, Yoongi." The alpha whispered.

"I love you too." Yoongi smiled wide, gums on display, as Hoseok moved forward to peck him. once. twice.

"Are you okay? You must be really worried about Jimin." Hoseok then asked.

Yoongi sighed deeply, adjusting his position so that he was comfortably curled into Hoseok's warmth. "Honestly, I am really worried. I don't know what Jungkook was even thinking, leaving Jimin like that. He is pregnant, goddammit, that stupid alpha should have thought it through! I know he thinks Dalhurst is not involved, but this is not how you make your point! They are soulmates, Hobi, separation will not be easy on either of them!"

Yoongi's scent spiked in distress, and Hoseok was quick to let out his own soothing pheromones, only speaking when Yoongi had calmed down a little.

"Hyung, I have been thinking about this. And I really feel something is fishy."

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked, curious.

"It's just. I have seen Jungkook.. hyung, and he is not someone who would do something like this. He may be young, but Jungkook is really smart. He must definitely know that leaving Jimin alone and unprotected like this would be dangerous, even if he wanted to support Dalhurst. And there is no guarantee that the King will accept him even if it were true. As Jimin's mate Jungkook clearly won't be really trustworthy to them. I see no win in this. Doing something like this would be uncharacteristically stupid of him."

Yoongi hummed. "But it was him who wrote the letter, Hoseok. Jimin confirmed it as his handwriting. It doesn't make sense."

Hoseok noticed Yoongi's eyes were drooping. The omega must be exhausted from consoling Jimin for the better part of the day. 

"Yeah, hyung. It doesn't. But something is not right. Well, lets sleep for now, and look into this matter tomorrow. Together." Yoongi was sound asleep at this point, clutching to Hoseok's shirt weakly as puffs of breath hit his nape.

The alpha placed a careful kiss to Yoongi's forehead, before closing his eyes.

He will figure this out tomorrow.

They were woken by rapid knocks on their doors.

It was Yoongi who woke up first, instantly alert and worried by the frantic knocking. He quickly made himself presentable and opened the door to find a panic-stricken guard at the door.

"Your highness, if you would please accompany me to the throne room. It's his majesty."

Hoseok, who had woken up at that point immediately jumped up, moving to hold Yoongi's hands. He squeezed it, smiling reassuringly at his husband before the two of them made way to the throne room.

Just as they were entering the room, Yoongi noticed that Jimin was on his throne, a blank expression on his face. The ministers of the kingdom were all seated, and Park Junghyun was standing, addressing the king.

"I believe it is now time we actually take action, your majesty. The royal consort has made it pretty clear that he is taking Dalhurst's side, which leaves us with no option but to take our evidence seriously. With the sigil and the information Namjoon has given us, I think we should attack Dalhurst. "

Yoongi sighed. His uncle had always been keen on raging a war on Dalhurst since their kingdom was weaker. Jimin's father had never agreed, and neither did Jimin. 

Yoongi turned to look at Jimin, and saw that despite Jimin's stoic expression, his grip on the throne was super tight, and the king looked like he was in pain. 

what Yoongi did not expect, was the words that left Jimin's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter