Eighteen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your majesty, I do not think, it is the right time for this." Namjoon repeated once again.

Jimin sighed, but his eyes showed a determination, and Namjoon knew there was no point arguing him.

" I know, that the times are not the most ideal. But this is an occasion that occurs every year, and the king always attends. It would not be nice for me to miss it, especially my first year of ruling, and you know that very well, hyung. I cannot miss it." Jimin smiled at the royal adviser, who was slowly relenting, agreeing with Jimin.

"It will not be nice to cower in fright as my people are being attacked. You said I need to be brave, Yoongi hyung, didn't you?" The king asked, turning towards his brother with a smile, while said brother frowned deeply.

"Pretty sure I did not mean that." The omega mumbled as the king ignored that comment.

"It is just for three hours, and I am pretty sure Hoseok hyung and the guards can keep me safe for then!"

Hoseok wanted to feel proud that the king trusted him so much, but he could not bring himself to. He was, as all others, worried for the king. He knew his guards were more than capable of handling an event like this, but they had no idea who they were up against, and that uncertainty left a sour taste on the alpha's mouth. 

He just hoped everything would work out well.

" I am really proud to announce that this batch of soldiers are the best yet , that I have trained. I am feeling proud but at the same time a little sad that I will have to part ways with all of you wonderful guards. I hope that you will be able to serve this kingdom with all your heart and remain safe and healthy for a long time." Hoseok said, climbing down the pedestal with a smile on his face.

He loved this moment as much as he hated it. 

The guards who had trained under him, growing under his guidance, and finally ready for their own positions in the kingdom army. He felt proud for every batch that graduates, and he was feeling really optimistic about the current batch, who had shown immense promise. But he will miss them, as he would miss every other batch, who always managed to grow into his heart.

But then, there was also the excitement of getting a new batch to train, new minds to discipline, and Hoseok loved the challenge.

And this set looked really eager, all of then young and fit, itching to learn, to serve.

Hoseok always introduced himself to the batch before allowing them the first day free for the students to get to know each other. the entire batch was most likely to be working together for their entire career, and in this line of work, you needed to trust fellow guards with your life, literally.

Hoseok also took this time to scan every individual candidate, accessing their body language, their physique to get a proper idea of what was to come.

this one looks a little fidgety, will have to train him on standing still. That one looks too confident of himself, probably will be the first to crack under pressure. This one looks about right. seems to hold himself well, and has a fierce look but sweet smile. And this one, he is too short, and oh, he has a button nose, and a wonderful smile, so pale, and wow doesn't he look just like....

Yoongi?

Hoseok froze for a minute, just trying to understand why his husband was standing in the training grounds, talking excitedly and smiling.

Talking to someone else.

Smiling at someone else.

Hoseok was watching them so intently, that he was brought of his daze by someone calling out his name.

"Hoseok?" snapped out of it, just to see yoongi standing in front of him. The stranger was also beside, having a strangely too happy smile on his face.

when the hell did he walk here?

And why the hell is this guy so good looking up close?

"Uh. uh. Hi!" Hoseok started, lamely as Yoongi smiled at him.

Hoseok's heart did something. He ignored it.

"Actually it is good you came here, Hoseok, this is my close friend, Jongin. Hyung, this is Hoseok, my"

"Husband. I'm Yoongi's husband" Hoseok cut in, not understanding why he needed to clear that by himself.

And why was Yoongi calling that guy hyung? Are they that close?

"I see that. Nice to meet you Hoseok. I am Jongin. I might be a little too old for this, but I hope you will be nice to me." Jongin offered his hand and Hoseok got a whiff of the alpha's scent.

Lavender.

Yoongi's favourite flower.

"The pleasure is mine. I hope your training goes well."

Hoseok shook the other's hand, and there was a brief silence that was broken by Jongin.

"SO hyung, you were telling me about that patient."

"AH yes, it was that beta who kept sneezing because of his mate's scent" and then the two of them continued talking to each other, leaving Hoseok with a heavy feeling in his chest.

He looked at Jongin, who was taller than him, and had a gorgeous face. Not to mention his sweet scent. He really seemed to be close with Yoongi, and the two of them continued to talk to each other, ignoring him.

"Yoongi, hyung? why are you here, in the training grounds?" Hoseok suddenly asked, feeling a little smug when Yoongi cut off his talk and looked at him.

"Yeah, I actually came to ask you about the security preparations for the temple ceremony. But it's okay, I'll check it later at home." the omega said, turning back to the other alpha, and missing the look of hurt crossing Hoseok's face.

If Hoseok was a little petty for purposely leaving the security details at the palace that evening, so be it.

And after that day, it felt like wherever he went he bumped into this Jongin, who was unfortunately most of the time with his husband.

And Hoseok hated that Jongin. It was like he was there to taunt him.

To highlight all his misgivings as an alpha. 

Hoseok wanted to murder him every time he saw the alpha talking and smiling with Yoongi.

But what stopped him was how happy the omega was with the other. Yoongi seemed more chipper, and more comfortable with Jongin than he had ever been around him.

Hoseok did not like it. But who was he, an alpha who spoilt his own marriage, to stop the friendship between Jongin and Yoongi, especially when Yoongi was so happy to talk to him.

So he hid those feelings of insecurity, and was doing a pretty good job of it, or that was what he thought, until Namjoon once caught him staring daggers at the elder alpha, who was talking, once again, with Yoongi, at the training grounds.

Why was yoongi here again?

" If looks look kill, that dude must have been ashes by now." Namjoon surprised Hoseok with the statement.

" What?"

the advisor chuckled. "You are so obvious, its a wonder Yoongi did not catch on."

"What?" Hoseok feigned confusion, but the other was having none of it.

" You are so jealous, i can see the smoke from your ears." Namjoon added, and Hoseok's cheeks coloured.

Jealous.

This was the first time there was a word attached to the ugly feelings inside Hoseok.

Namjoon patted his back.

"You need to tell him, Hoseok. He will not ask." With these words the royal adviser left, leaving the guard to his own thoughts.

And boy, did Hoseok think hard.

He thought about it for days.

About Yoongi. About why he was jealous. If he had the right to.

Hoseok had wanted to be friends, yes. But along the times of knowing each other and sharing stories and opinions, these feelings develop into something more. 

Something unattainable.

Because of course Yoongi would never want him back. Why would he? It was a miracle that the omega agreed to be friends with him at all.

It will be really selfish of Hoseok to even ask for something more. Because, what did he have to offer? 

Even seeing his face might just remind Yoongi of the loneliness, the heartbreak and the cruelty he had to face because the alpha was a coward, a coward for not owning up for his mistakes.

He did not deserve to ask so much from Yoongi, who has already given

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter