Sixteen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun rays filtered through the half drawn curtains, illuminating the hall with light.

The rays woke Yoongi up.

Squinting at the brightness, Yoongi slowly opened his eyes, blinking multiple times to clear his vision. His eyes felt heavy despite having slept well, and the omega knew all too well why.

He had cried himself to sleep, again.

But just as his eyes adjusted to the harshness of the light of the morning, it was the surroundings that surprised him.

He was in the living room. 

A sudden rush of memories of the last night passed his mind and Yoongi gasped, his attention suddenly focused on the all too familiar scent that had enveloped him entirely.

He was on the couch, lying on top of Hoseok.

Hoseok, who was still sleeping, mouth parted slightly, unconsciously hugging Yoongi close.

The omega's cheeks heated up at the proximity.

However, a pang of sadness sprung up just after, the omega recollecting the last time he had been close enough to count the other's eyelashes.

The day everything fell apart.

Hoseok didn't like him. He liked Jimin.

He didn't want you. You were a replacement.

However, through all these negative thoughts, a small part of him reminded him of how Hoseok had supported him the previous day, of how the alpha had held him close as he cried, of the comforting words he had uttered to calm him down.

Deep down, something told him it was different this time, and yet he was hesitant to believe, past scars too deep to wade over.

Yoongi was still trying to sort his emotions, and trying to think of a way to extract himself out of the alpha's hold, when Hoseok stirred awake, and suddenly, chocolate orbs stared at Yoongi, catching him off guard.

Yoongi held his breath, memory showing him flashes of a similar situation.

He held his breath, subconsciously expected a repeat of the previous time.

To his shock, he received a sleepy smile, as the alpha blinked up slowly at him, trying to not doze off again.

" Good morning, Yoongi-shi. Are you feeling okay?" Hoseok mumbled, words barely reaching the omega.

Yoongi was shocked, but managed to greet the other back without stuttering. " Good morning. I'm.... I'm okay, better now."

This was the most sleep he had had in a long time, but Yoongi was not going to tell the alpha that.

He heard Hoseok sigh in relief, and the sound brought a warm fuzzy feeling that Yoongi decided to ignore.

"I'm glad you are."

Yoongi chose to remain silent, as the two of them just looked at each other, Hoseok with a gentle smile on his face, and Yoongi with a nervous expression.

The omega was still hyperaware of their closeness, and was surprised Hoseok still remained that way, hugging him close. 

Is he still asleep or something?

Yoongi cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to gently extract himself from the alpha's embrace and Hoseok's eyes widened comically when he finally realized he had Yoongi in a death grip. He loosened his grip gently but made no effort to push the other away.

The omega stumbled out of the couch, cheeks burning red.

A red the alpha was sharing.

Leaving the alpha at the couch, Yoongi moved to the kitchen, mind clearing a little when he was no longer drowned in the fresh scent of citrus. 

He needed time, to think.

To process whatever had happened.

And as his mind slowly cleared, the omega took in a sharp breath, realization hitting him like bricks.

.

He had sobbed like a baby in Hoseok's arms yesterday and told him things that he had never intended for anyone to know. A wave of embarrassment washed over him, thinking about how pathetic he would have looked to Hoseok, crying over some simple words.

No one knew he had been bullied almost his entire childhood. Seokjin knew there were some issues with his supposed friends, but no one knew of the insulting words, the condescending looks, the pushing and heaving, the hitting.

No one knew of the tears. 

Not until now at least.

Now, Hoseok knew, and Yoongi was angry with himself for showing that side of his.

A side he had vowed to carry to his grave.

Now hoseok would know how pathetic he was, after all, not being able to deal with some childhood bullying. Some sharp words said by one person.

Hoseok would know how much of a coward he really was.

Lost in thought, Yoongi didn't realize when Hoseok walked into the room, until suddenly he was drowned in the fresh smell of lemon.

Arms encircled his waist as Hoseok hugged him.

Hoseok hugged him.

Yoongi's first reaction was to jump away from the touch, shocked.

Hoseok immediately retracted his hands, putting them up in the air, a sorry look on his face.

 

What is wrong with me?

Hoseok cursed himself internally for scaring yoongi.

What was he thinking , hugging the omega just like that?

Everything he did that day was stupid.

He did not know what came over him, but when he got up that morning, the omega secure in his arms, he did not find himself panicking. Instead there was a satisfied hum within him, telling him it was okay.

That it was right.

Yoongi probably hates him for that already. And now he just made it worse by hugging him, out of the blue. It was okay when the omega was sleeping, because then these eyes would not look at him like this.

Filled with questions.

Questions that Hoseok did not have an answer for.

He was a fool, but the sight of Yoongi standing there, lost in thought, which the alpha judged were probably not good,what with the frown etched on his face, had him automatically moving forward to hug him, as a means of comfort.

The alpha in him wanted to erase the hint of distress in the other's scent, and he moved forward before he could realise what he was doing.

A move which he was regretting as the omega looked at him, eyes wide.

"I'm sorry. It was just you looked sad, and I....." Hoseok gulped, and Yoongi remained silent, as if urging him to continue.

"I didn't like it. That you were sad." There he said it.

He admitted it out loud.

A pause, and Yoongi looked away, clearing his throat. The alpha did not miss the color rising on the other's cheek.

"Um... thanks, But I am okay, really." A pause.  "Sorry about yesterday, you had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter