Thirty

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin rushed past everyone, heading straight for the palace chambers, Hoseok and Yoongi following close behind, Hoseok making sure his husband didn't trip in his haste, he was still wearing palace robes.

They reached the chambers and the healer threw the doors open, to find Jungkook, unconscious, on the bed as the chambermaids hurried to undress him. Yoongi gasped as he was finally free of his upper clothes, to reveal a deep gash in his abdomen. Blood pouring out and staining the sheets pool growing bigger by the moment.

Seokjin took in a deep breath before steeling himself and quickly barking out orders.

" I want some towels, and someone bring me my bag, we have a lot to do."

Hoseok, who had been holding the healer's bag, walked closer to give the other the bag, and his eyes widened as he took in the appearance of the royal consort. At first, all they could see was the wound on his abdomen, but as the alpha went closer, he could see various other wounds scattered across the consort's body, starting from his face and moving downwards, disappearing beneath his pants. It was an ugly sight, and Hoseok reeled back, eyes stinging at the bloodied sight of Jungkook. 

He heard a watery gasp behind and turned around to find Yoongi standing just behind him, the omega finally taking in the extent of Jungkook's appearance.

"Oh...oh my god...Jungkook..." The omega whispered, tearing up. 

Just then, the doors to the chambers opened up wide, and there was Jimin, standing at the entrance, eyes immediately fixing onto the alpha on the mattress and widening.

"Jungkookie, Kookie, oh my god, Kook-ah" The omega cried out, pushing aside Hoseok and Yoongi as he made way to the injured consort, sobbing.

"What happened to you, oh no, please please open your eyes, Kookie, please." The omega cradled the other in his hands, desperately trying to awaken the unconscious alpha, as everyone tried to gently pry the King away from the consort so that Seokjin could get to work.

Yoongi took a step forward to help Seokjin and Hoseok, but just as he did, he almost fell, a sudden dizzy spell catching him off-guard. He took in a deep breath, closing his eyes, and almost choked at the distressed pheromones of his brother, permeating the entire room.

Yoongi suddenly felt like he couldn't breathe, suffocated, and felt nauseous, world spinning.

As he reeled from the suddenness of the spell, there suddenly were a pair of hands supporting him, and gently leading him outside the room. Yoongi realised someone was talking into his ears but could not decipher the voice nor the words, just blindly clutching on to whoever was guiding him outside, trying to keep his eyes closed and the nauseousness controlled.

He was suddenly hit with a cool breeze, and he opened his eyes to find himself in the corridor, empty and silent. 

"Breath, hyung. You are okay. Just breathe. Just like that, yes, slowly." Hoseok whispered from beside him, Yoongi realized, as he took in a huge breath, omega calming down when it finally got a waft of the citrus from his mate.

He took two more deep breaths before opening his eyes to find Hoseok's worried gaze directed on him.

"Are you okay hyung? Do you want me to call Seokjin hyung?"

Yoongi shook his head. He felt better already, the cold air from outside helping with his nauseous feeling and Hoseok's grounding grip on his waist calming him down. 

"I'm fine, Hoseok, just too much pheromones in the room, got dizzy a little." He admitted, realizing what had happened now that he was away from his source of discomfort. Hoseok looked at him, eyebrows raised and Yoongi chuckled.

"I'm fine, Hobi, seriously. You brought me out at the right time, really."

Hoseok just looked at him for a few minutes, gaze searching, before he sighed, accepting Yoongi's explanation and nodding. "If you say so, hyung. I'm just worried, that's all. I turn around and suddenly you were swaying a little, almost toppling over. I panicked." The alpha admitted, bringing the omega closer to take in his coffee scent, something in him settling when Yoongi moved to bring the other into a hug, intertwining their hands gently.

"I'm okay, alpha. Don't worry." Yoongi said before breaking the hug and smiling up at Hoseok, who smiled back, wide, and rubbed his wrist onto the omega's neck, scenting him gently. 

Yoongi sighed happily, melting into the scent of oranges and lemons and closing his eyes, just letting the moment stretch on. He did not want it to pop, this small bubble they had in the palace corridor, just the two of them.

He missed having Hoseok close, work leaving them tired to do anything except sleep at night. The night spent in his nest just two days ago made him crave the alpha just more, just wanting to roll up in his nest again, cuddled into his mate's arms.

But alas, circumstances did not favour the omega's wishes.

He soon had to separate when he heard the chambermaids walking, and begrudgingly separated from the alpha, almost whining at the displeasure on Hoseok's face at the action. But the alpha understood why, and promptly straightened up, looking far more composed than Yoongi, who was still flushed a deep red, eyes glassy.

"Do you want to go to our room? rest for a bit?" Hoseok asked, taking the other's hand once again, deciding that he didn't care what the chambermaids thought of that action. 

Yoongi shook his head, gripping onto Hoseok hard. 

"Can I just go with you? There are some things I need to talk about. It's important." Hoseok nodded, and the two of them left to the palace grounds, walking into Hoseok's official chamber.

Once seated, Hoseok asking one of the stationed guards to fetch them a pot of tea, Yoongi told him about Namjoon's letter.

Hoseok straightened up, moving backward on his seat as the implications of Namjoon's letter was processed by him.

"Taehyung is a smart one, that little fella." Hoseok said finally, just as one of the butlers of the palace returned with a fresh pot of tea and some pastries for the two of them.

After pouring the two of them a cup each, the butler and the guard were dismissed and Hoseok placed a muffin on Yoongi's plate, speaking up only when the omega had taken a bite.

" Namjoon sending us this message in secret could only mean one thing. "

Yoongi nodded swallowing the food in his mouth before replying. 

"It means the attack was an insider's doing."

There was a minute of silence as the two digested that piee of information. Yoongi knew it eer since he hsaw Namjoon's letter, but saying it loud kind of made it more real, and his nerves broke out, suddenly really scared.

"What do we do, Hoseok? Things were difficult enough when we thought it was Dalhurst who was behind the attacks, but if it was someone from our kingdom, Jimin is never safe."

"Not only Jimin." Hoseok corrected and Yoongi looked up, questioning.

Hoseok then explained about Sehun's capture and his behavior during his interrogation and about his own slip-up.

Yoongi took in a sharp breath as the realization sunk in.

Now that he thought about it, Jungkook could have easily been the target at every attempt. In the temple, the explosion was not the point Jimin would have been in if he hadn't changed his course, but had been where Jungkook was standing a few moments, having turned around and stepped away when Jimin stopped unexpectedly. 

Even the attempt at the garden could have easily been planned for Jungkook. There had been no attempts on the king's life ever since Jungkook left for Dalhurst, and while it was thought because the war was imminent, this revelation made things more confusing.

"But.... what would someone gain by killing Jungkook?" Yoongi mused not able to wrap his mind around what he had just heard.

Neither of them knew the answer to that.

After a few minutes of silence, Yoongi spoke up again. 

" Right now, its important to find out who is behind these attacks. Did you find out anything about Sehun other than that. I think he is the key to finding out who is behind this evil plan."

Hoseok shook his head. "Not at the moment, no. However, I have asked Jongin to talk more, and try and find out the reason Sehun agreed to do this. Was he paid, if yes, where did the money go? Sehun has no family at the moment, so the money had to be stashed somewhere. We searched his belongings here at the palace, but did not find anything."

"What if he wasn't paid?" Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter