Twenty Five

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He slept fitfully last night, Hoseok's shirt clutched tightly in his arms, omega confused and sad.

He knew he had panicked and overreacted the last night. Sending Hoseok out of the house could have been a little too much.

But even though Yoongi's omega was angry at him for pushing his alpha out in the middle of the night, Yoongi knew he needed that time to cool off. To think.

He knows that Hoseok has changed a lot in the past few weeks. 

They had grown impossibly closer over the past few days, and Yoongi had felt nothing but safe with the alpha. He became too comfortable that he almost forgot the very reason Hoseok had been cold to him.

He had not cried, no. Instead made some decisions, for himself. 

Hoseok was not a bad person. He had made mistakes, yes, but he was not cruel. Yoongi knew Hoseok would make sure to take of him, even if he didn't love him.

Maybe Hoseok even did love him, a little bit. But he also loved Jimin and Yoongi did not know if he could accept that.

He wouldn't ask Hoseok to stop loving Jimin. That was not something that could be ordered off someone. But Yoongi had his own principles, thoughts.

Maybe, it would seem selfish. Maybe it was selfish. But Yoongi had spent all his life thinking about others before himself, even with Hoseok. He doesn't think it would be too much for him to ask this of Hoseok.

Yoongi could not live as a husband to someone who loves his brother. Yoongi had never planned to fall in love again. He just wanted to remain in peace. But his omega side betrayed him, he was in deep.

Yoongi knew he would not be able to get over another heartbreak that easily. But knowing that Hoseok loved Jimin and yet be his husband, Yoongi knew he could never play the oblivious partner.

He would just be alone.

It would be for the best, anyway.

It was with a heavy heart, but a firm decision that Yoongi stepped out of the nest, squinting up at the sunlight.

Had I spent the entire night thinking?

He thought about Hoseok. Did Hoseok go to the palace? Did he come back?

A small part of him felt sad that Hoseok had not come to talk to him, even though he had literally told the alpha to leave. But the omega didn't understand logic, it just wanted.

He slowly stepped down from the shelf, taking a moment to steady himself on his feet before quietly leaving the room. He slowly walked out into the living room, only to gasp in shock as the waft of rosewood hit his nose.

He quickly jerked his head to find Seokjin on the sofa, head buried in his hands.

How was Seokjin here? Did he know? Did Hoseok call Jin here to check on him?

Something warm floated within him and Yoongi quickly brushed it off. 

"Hyung?" Yoongi whispered and Yoongi would have laughed at the way the elder omega jerked in surprise if he had not seen the tear tracks on the elder's face.

"Yoongi?" Jin asked, in disbelief.

"Hyung? What's wrong?" The omega asked as Seokjin ran towards him and engulfed him in a tight hug, Yoongi confused by the elder's reaction.

"What's wrong? Yoongi where were you all night? I was dead worried for you, thinking you left!"

"Where was I? Hyung I was here the entire night, what are you saying?" Yoongi asked, the fact that Seokjin was crying leaving him more confused.

"No you were not, I came home with Hoseok. He said you are angry with him and did not know what to do, so I came back to talk to you. But I searched everywhere and you weren't home." Seokjin exclaimed.

Only then it dawned on him that he had never told Hoseok about his cupboard nest. He had done it and never talked to the alpha about it. His scent was probably covered up in the overwhelming citrus scent from the nest. 

"I was in my nest. Inside the guest room shelf, Hyung." Seokjin's eyes widened as he realized Yoongi had been home all night.

"You...you had been here? All night?" the healer breathed, and Yoongi nodded suddenly feeling guilty for making the elder worry so much.

"Sorry for making you worry, Hyung. You must have been looking for me all night...I"

"Me? Yoongi do you have any idea how worried Hoseok was? He has been out all night, searching for you everywhere."

"W...what?" 

Seokjin gently walked him towards the sofa, seating the younger, before taking up a seat next to him. Seokjin cupped the omega's cheeks forcing Yoongi to look the elder in the eyes.

"Hoseok came to me last night, crying and telling me that he messed things up and that he made you angry. I tried to calm him down, but he was not having it, just insisting that I come here to calm you down. That you were more important. But we came here, and Hoseok refused to enter, telling me you did not want him inside. But then I did not find you inside, anywhere. It did not occur to me that you would be inside your nest in the cupboard. Hoseok kind of thought you left because of him. So he left to search for you. He told me to stay here in case you came back. " Seokjin finished, relating the events of the previous night to the omega.

Yoongi was reeling from the information. He had accused Hoseok of something terrible, panicking and telling him to leave, Bu he had still gone out and sought Seokjin for him? Yoongi was confused. he did not know what to think. 

Hoseok loved Jimin. Hoseok loved Jimin. His brain provided.

But it felt warm when he thought about the fact that Hoseok cared for him. Had looked for him all night.

He was conflicted, and it came out in the form of tears.

"Hey, Yoongichi," Seokjin called out lovingly, wiping out the younger's tears as they fell. "I did not say that to make you feel guilty sweetheart. Hoseok thinks you hate him, and he blames himself for yesterday. I just wanted to tell you what Hoseok told me. That you know what the alpha thought."

"Hyung, I...I don't hate him. Not even close. Hyung, I love him, I love him so bad it hurts, but...I can't ...I can't" Yoongi gasped for air as Seokjin soothed him, rubbing a hand on his back and asking him to take deep breaths.

"Yoongi if there is anything I know it is that you would not do something like that without reason. Tell me, what happened. Was he mean to you? Did he say something? Hoseok refused to tell me until I talked to you myself, he just seemed confused too. Tell me.:

Yoongi just shook his head, crying softly, realizing how confused the alpha must have been. Yoongi was not supposed to know about Jimin. His reaction must have a shock to the guard.

"No Hyung. he...he didn't do anything. It was me. It was me. I panicked. I..."

Yoongi then told everything to the healer, talking about how Hoseok loved Jimin and how when he came home late yesterday Yoongi felt like everything was repeating and he overreacted and made Hoseok left. 

"I'm scared Hyung. I'm scared. I love him so much, but what if he doesn't? What if I will forever remain a second choice. I can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter