four

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

here is the update guys! 

hope you enjoy!

the next morning, yoongi woke up to an empty bed. he searched the entire household, only to realize that hoseok had left for work. 

he didnt even wake me up.

Yoongi's heart sank when he realised he was all alone, the first day after marriage. he tried to swipe at the tears flowing down his face, only for new ones to replace them.After a while, the tears stopped, and the omega took a deep breath, calming himself down. He decided to set up the kitchen, as he could not do it properly the last day. he slowly made his way back to the kitchen, only to stop in shock when he noticed a plate on the counter. On close inspection, yoongi found not only a plate of toast, with eggs, but also a glass of cold milk, courtesy of his alpha. yoongi could not help the smile that crept onto his face when he saw the breakfast hoseok had prepared for him. the sadness now replaced by surprise and happiness, as he sat down to eat his breakfast. now the initial panic of not finding his mate in the morning had faded, his rationality taking over.

he left me breakfast! that must mean something, right? maybe he was really tired yesterday, and that was why he slept early. and maybe palace guards are not allowed to take many days off? i need to talk to uncle about it.

Yoongi spent the rest of the day setting up the house. hoseok's mother had really set it up beautifully. however, as an omega, yoongi's instincts drove him to make certain changes, bustling about the house.  he rearranged the vases, and picture frames, and replaced the sheets with ones he had brought along with him. He also rearranged everything in the kitchen, making sure to check the groceries available. the refridgerator was, to no surprise, overflowing, stocked for atleast a month. His mother-in-law was too kind.

the sun has long since set when the omega was finally satisfied with how the house looked. though exhausted, he decided to make something nice for dinner, and set about to do just that. he was in the middle of cooking when he heard the front door open. Yoongi tensed immediately when the scent reached him. his omega nature almost made him run into the other, but his pride stopped him from doing that. Instead he opted to let the dinner simmer as he slowly made his way towards the source of the scent. Even though seeing the breakfast laid out for him in the morning made him happy, yoongi was still apprehensive about approaching and talking to the alpha. It had been so comfortable to be in the other's presence when they met for the first time, the alpha smiling and talking to him with ease. But ever since they got engaged, the alpha had been distant. He had never been impolite, answered yoongi's questions patiently. But, at the same time, he never seeked out yoongi himself to engage the omega in a conversation. The omega was feeling a little bit rejected ever since, the feeling only amplifying in the absence of the alpha so soon into the mating bond being formed.So yoongi moved slowly, making sure not to seem too eager. When he made it to the living room, he found hoseok, sitting on the couch, eyes closed. his scent was strong, but not enough to completely block out the other scents that were on him. yoongi slightly crunched up his nose when he detected other alpha smells, itching to go and scent the alpha.

make him smell like us.

but yoongi was a coward. A coward who simply stood there, staring at the alpha who seemed to be sleeping. he just watched the way hoseok's chest rose and fell, not knowing whether or not wake the other up.

"why are you just standing there staring at me like that?" yoongi jolted at that, not realising the other knew of his presence. "you know i can smell you standing there, right? however it was a bit hard to pinpoint where exactly, since the entire household smells like you." he said, eyes still closed, while yoongi flushed a deep red, realising that he had unconsciously scented the entire house. it was a coping mechanism. omegas do it for a sense of comfort, to feel at home. "well, at least the whole house smells good." hoseok huffed as he forced himself from the couch, streching his legs and moving towards the bedroom. "i will take a shower, i stink!" he mumbles to himself, leaving a blushing, shocked yoongi behind. 

he likes my scent. 

the dinner was silent, but yoongi did not mind it. He preferred silence. Moreover his mind was still not over what hoseok had told him earlier, so the silence was welcome. The alpha complimented the dinner,( and yoongi thanked him shyly,) before saying that he was headed for bed. yoongi finished the dishes before getting to bed too, smiling widely as he noticed that alpha was slightly more towards the centre of the bed that the day before. he went to bed, the smile staying on his face.

things were getting better.

the next few days, things seemed to be the same. However yoongi was getting a bit restless, and impatient. Omegas needed attention from their mates, atleast early on into their bond, but yoongi was getting nothing, save for the few grins and compliments on his cooking. Hoseok spent the whole day away, leaving early and returning late into the night. both of them become too tired by then, and just head to bed. there was nothing even remotely close to married couple between them. he felt like hoseok was his alpha roommate. and the lack of contact and attention was getting to the omega. and it came out at the wrong person, and at the wrong time.And he ended up shouting at taehyung, for no particular reason. 

Taehyung ran out sobbing, as yoongi huffed in annoyance, knowing that he was wrong, yet too worked up to admit it. tears pricked his own eyes, and yoongi did not know whether they were that of frustration or guilt. he sat on the floor, chewing his lips, not knowing what to do. As his anger slowly dissipated, the guilt started to build, and seokjin entered the house to find a sobbing yoongi at the floor. "Oh yoongi,come here" the elder omega engulfed the younger into an embrace, letting yoongi cry into his shoulders. yoongi was not a crier, and he soon stopped, just sniffling from time to time. However he did not lift his head from the healer's shoulders and the latter knew it was from embarrasment. "yoongi. look here." the younger just shook his head,causing seokjin to smile. still the same. "yoongi-ah look at me." the voice was softer and more authoritative at the same time, and yoongi slowly looked up, tears g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter