Twenty one

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Beautiful.

That was the only word Hoseok could think of.

He had gotten up in the morning to find Yoongi huddled close to him, unconsciously seeking him out during the night. There was still a gap between the two of them, but Yoongi's ankle had locked in with Hoseok's own, and the alpha's skin was tingling at the contact.

The omega was still sound asleep, puffs of air hitting the pillow as he breathed. Hoseok traced Yoongi's face with his eyes, and suddenly his breath was taken away.

Yoongi was beautiful and Hoseok did not know what to do as that information washed over him, leaving him feeling happy and anxious, all at once.

Yoongi was beautiful, and Hoseok was so in love.

The alpha was so in love with his husband, and he just lay there, letting the realization sink into him, staring at Yoongi's closed eyes, then his button nose, then the rosy apple of his cheeks, and then finally his lips.

Yoongi's lips were parted open slightly as the omega breathed through his mouth, and Hoseok was struck with the sudden urge to kiss those lips. 

Hoseok leaned in, close, and just as the two breaths mingled into one, a sudden knock on the door caused Hoseok to snap out of his trance, and jump backward.

Thankfully the omega was still asleep.

Another louder knock caused Yoongi to throw the covers over himself, whining.

Actually whining.

Hoseok died a little bit on the inside.

"Yoongi hyung! Yoongi hyung!" came Jimin's voice from the outside, and Yoongi grumbled a "Go away" from under the covers, while Hoseok smiled, realizing that this was maybe a routine occurrence from when they were little.

"Hyung! I can't believe you still sleep in! Get up already" The pregnant king giggled from outside, after which there seemed to be another voice, presumably Jungkook's, interrupting the omega, and they were once again plunged into silence.

Hoseok looked at the lump beside him, a smile blooming on his face as he saw the curled up figure.

He wished he could just stay in this moment forever.

Alas.

With a heavy heart Hoseok moved to wake his husband up.

"Hyung, it's time to get up." The alpha tried, shaking the omega lightly. 

"Go away Jimin-ah. Let me sleep. I want to sleep." Yoongi whined from inside.

Hoseok chuckled to himself.

"It's not Jimin. It's Hoseok."

"Then go away, Hoseok."

Hoseok laughed at that, shaking his head at how different Yoongi acted when his guard was let down.

So this was the sleepy Yoongi, huh.

Deciding that he had to do something else, the alpha moved to remove the covers from on top of Yoongi, and just he moved on top and removed them, Yoongi tried to change positions.

Tripping over Yoongi's knee, Hoseok fell forward on top of Yoongi's chest.

Hoseok lifted up his head to find a now fully awake Yoongi staring at him in shock, as it slowly occurred to the alpha how close their position was.

Hoseok jumped off of the omega, landing on the floor in the process, just as Yoongi scrambled to get up, moving the covers off him.

" Are you alright?" Yoongi asked as Hoseok hissed slightly, rubbing at the elbow that had hit the floor a little too hard.

"I'm fine. Sorry about that. I just wanted to wake you.."

"It' s okay" Yoongi interrupted. The omega got up to move to the washroom.

The alpha did not miss the blush on the other's face.

 The next two days passed in relative peace. Hoseok would wake up to find Yoongi sleeping next to him, each day closer than before. Then the four of them would have breakfast together, made by Jimin.

Yoongi and Hoseok protested against it, but Jimin insisted.

"You guys are hosting us, hyung. This is the least I can do."

After breakfast, Hoseok would leave to the castle, while Yoongi alternated going to the infirmary and staying home, giving his brother company.

Evening, Hoseok would return and Hoseok and Yoongi would cook dinner.

Yoongi was adamant about cooking the dinner by himself, until one day when he had a dizzy spell while cooking and Hoseok demanded that either he cook with the omega or the alpha would do it himself.

But slowly, Yoongi started noticing towards the fourth day, that staying indoors and idle was taking its toll on the royal couple. Jungkook was getting frustrated, and it was also affecting the consort's mate. Yoongi tried his hardest to keep them engaged, but there was only so much they could do inside.

On the fifth day, Yoongi brought it up to Hoseok, while they were cooking, and the other two were chatting in the living room.

"You are right, hyung. I noticed it too. I brought down some work from the castle for Jimin and Jungkook to do. Unfortunately, there is nothing much we could other than this. It is risky to let them go out, especially with the king pregnant."

Yoongi agreed.

He just wished everything would go back to normal soon.

The next morning they received a message from Namjoon. The convoy had found nothing fishy from the Dalhurst kingdom, but that they were trying to look further into things.

Though good news that the long-standing friendship between the two kingdoms had not perished, it also meant that they were back to square one.  

The night of the news, sixth night of the royal couple's stay, the four of them were sitting near the fireplace post-dinner, just casually talking and enjoying the quietness of the evening. They knew of the imminent danger the omega king was facing, but they would worry tomorrow. They wanted to sit back, relax and just forget for a day. Forget their royal duties and spend a day as a family. Jimin and Jungkook were supposed to return to the castle the next day, and despite Hoseok's reassurances that everything was fine, Yoongi was a little scared.

His little brother was in danger, and he could do nothing to prevent it.

But today, today he would sit back and relax. He could not worry everyone else. Jiminlooked relaxed afer a lonf time. He did not want to ruin that.

But as the night wore on, the omega noticed that his younger brother was getting more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter