Twenty Eight

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long wait guys.
One would think that with all this free time due to quarantine, a girl would be able to write fast. But alas, no such luck. My brain refused to cooperate.
That being said, I worked really hard for this chapter and would love for you guys to comment on your feelings and opinions. Don't be silent readers, let a girl know what you think of her efforts
Enjoy the chapter, this one is slightly longer I believe.

Hoseok sighed, as he watched Yoongi looking over some official documents, well past midnight.

The stress of the disappearance of his mate during pregnancy had left Jimin really sick, the king barely holding up what he ate, and breaking out into fevers frequently. and when Seokjin mentioned the omega should not take any more stress on himself, Jimin had begged Yoongi to take over the kingdom matters, until Namjoon arrives.

Yoongi, of course, had agreed, and since then has been taking over duties in place of Jimin. For all the times the omega had told him he wasn't for royalty, Hoseok was shocked at how well Yoongi had wormed into his role as Jimin's stand-in, a kind of aura emanating that demanded respect. 

Hoseok could see how royalty suited Yoongi, and often admired the confidence with which Yoongi handled problems, backing up his arguments with facts and having a clear head during discussions. He never raised his voice, but when he spoke, everyone listened, enraptured.

And while Hoseok loved this new side to the omega that he had never seen, it was when Yoongi finally trudged into their chambers, and instantly waddled into Hoseok's arms, sitting on his lap and whining about not scenting him all day, that Hoseok truly felt his love explode for his mate. He was proud of Yoongi, sure, and would never stop his husband from stepping in for his family, but a part of him just wanted to keep his mate wrapped up in blankets, preferably three, and cuddled up into his embrace forever. 

 And while Yoongi was a lot more healthy than Jimin, his pregnancy just over five months along, his stomach still sporting just a small bump, barely visible under the robes, he was still pregnant and was inclined to tire easily. However, he never lost face when he was around doing official work, always making sure to finish whatever he had to for the day, never lagging behind.

Yoongi was doing a great job, but Hoseok worries.

He worries when he sees Yoongi shuffle from one foot to another, trying to subtly relieve pressure from his feet. He worries when Yoongi sometimes needs to take a breather after climbing up a flight of stairs, struggling with his balance. He worries when Yoongi sometimes stops, closing his eyes for a minute after getting up, hand on the chair, or Hoseok's forearm.

He knows its normal, Seokjin had reassured him plenty of times, for Yoongi to feel tired, but the alpha worries when he sees Yoongi hide his discomfort for the sake of his duties.

So for all the love he has for Prince Yoongi, he prefers his mate Yoongi more, the Yoongi who whines at Hoseok if the guard arrives later than the omega, the Yoongi who moans in relief when Hoseok massages his feet, the Yoongi who will sometimes settle on his lap as he was working, demanding cuddles. The Yoongi that allows himself to be vulnerable around his alpha, behind closed doors of the chambers.

His Yoongi.

So to find Yoongi working well into the night, glasses perched on his face, makes Hoseok sad. The chamber was supposed to be the one place where Yoongi got to be himself and seeing Yoongi fighting sleep as he peered over the documents really breaks Hoseok's heart.

"Hyung." The alpha calls out softly. Yoongi hums, not moving his eyes from the parchments he was scanning. 

"Hyung, stop."

"No, Hobi just a little time more. I am almost done yeah?" the omega said.

Hoseok huffed, waiting for a little over ten minutes before deciding it was enough.

He got up, the chair he was seated on scrapping the flooring, before he reached over and pulled out the omega's glasses.

"What the hell, Hoseok? Give it back" The omega yelled, frowning at the alpha, trying to reach for the glasses that Hoseok kept away from his reach.

Hoseok was surprised by the sudden screaming but quickly schooled his face back to a passive expression.

"Hyung, you need rest. You are overworking yourself. The baby needs rest as well." The alpha tried.

Yoongi however just got angrier.

"Give me back my glasses right this instant. It is not funny." 

Hoseok bristled at the icy tone, feeling his own irritation build up.

"No. Hyung, you need rest. You have another tiring day tomorrow, and your body needs rest. You worked all day today, don't bring it into the chambers, hyung."

Yoongi's frown deepened.

"You work here all the time, Hoseok. Why the hell am I not supposed to work here?"

Hoseok sighed. "I didn't mean it like that, hyung, I just wanted to."

"Oh, I get it. It's because I am an omega, isn't it? Alphas are allowed to work all the time, but weak little omegas need to go to bed like the obedient wife, right?"

Hoseok took a step back, hurt flashing through him, not having expected the harsh words from Yoongi's mouth. He would never think that way of Yoongi, didn't his hyung know that? The alpha felt tears gathering behind his eyelids. 

Why did Yoongi feel that way? Did something happen?

"Hyung, I didn't"

"Whatever Hoseok. I don't want to hear your excuses. I am going to sleep with Jimin today. Please don't follow me." With that the omega rose up and left the room, leaving a trail of bitter coffee.

Hoseok sighed, trudging back to the bed, suddenly feeling cold.

He did not know how this had escalated so quickly, But he knew he had to work it out with Yoongi, calmly.

But not now, for now the alpha allowed the other to be angry with him

Yoongi was avoiding him the next day.

Hoseok generally was the guard to accompany Yoongi during his daytime duties. His alpha was worried for his partner, and Yoongi did not mind, as long as Hoseok was professional, which he always was. All the alpha wanted was to have Yoongi in his line of sight.

However, when Hoseok walked out of the chambers the next morning, barely having slept because of the lack of his omega, he was informed that Yoongi had already left for his duties, and had requested Chanyeol to assist him for that day.

The head of the guard sighed. He was not worried, Chanyeol was someone Hoseok trusted. But the fact that Yoongi went to this extent to avoid him kinda hurt.

Hoseok shook his head. Now was not the time to wallow, whatever it was, Hoseok will apologize and end it that evening. 

Realizing he had some free time for the day, Hoseok finally decided to work on his lead.

It had been two weeks since Hoseok found out it was Sehun who had discovered the crucial piece of evidence against Dalhurst. To say Hoseok had been shocked at that would be an understatement.

The fact that it was Sehun who brought in the evidence raised a lot of questions.

If Sehun had been working for Dalhurst, why would the boy bring in evidence which would be against the very people he was working with? It would be counterproductive to their efforts.

Was it that Sehun was roped into it after he found the evidence?

Or had someone intentionally planted the evidence, trying to shift the blame onto Dalhurst? 

Was Sehun falsely accused of being behind the attack on Jimin because he had found the evidence on Dalhurst, and the enemy was now trying to tie up loose ends?

But then Sehun would have told something if he was not the person behind the attacks, right? Why did the boy say nothing?

All these questions were swirling in his mind, and Hoseok was really confused.

He knew this was a lead, and that it could potentially solve the question of whether Dalhurst was really involved. At the same time, revealing it to the royals at this point could be stupid. They needed definitive proof that the Dalhurst sigil was planted, or else it would be a waste. 

There was also the question of who was behind the king if it was not Dalhurst? What if it was someone within the palace? 

That thought really worried the head of the guard.

He had wanted to tell this to Yoongi, and to maybe look into it together, but the omega had been exhausted every night, and Hoseok could not bring himself to add the additional burden of his findings.

He knew he had to tell Yoongi sooner or later, but decided to snoop around a little more first.

He walked up to his work chamber near the training guards. After finding out about the mole within the guards, Hoseok had become extra careful with who he trusted, and for this mission, he only trusted three of his guards. 

With Chanyeol accompanying Yoongi, Hoseok called in Baekhyun and Jongin.

Jongin had come back to the guards just a week prior, having needed time to fully recuperate from the temple incident. Hoseok had been relieved when Jongin had gotten the all-clear to rejoin the guards, welcoming him back with open arms. Jongin had another week of training before he got back to his previous posting, Hoseok wanting him to gain back some strength before he officially started again.

That made it easy for Jongin to join them for this particular mission. Hoseok needed to know the inside scoop from the guards, any information about Sehun and his behavior leading up to the attack on Jimin.

Baekhyun, a strong alpha with a blunt personality, had gained Hoseok's trust through his no-nonsense way of handling situations. Baekhyun had been his mate during his training, and ever since Hoseok had been named head of the guards, Baekhyun had helped him a lot. Baekhyun was the only one who Hoseok had confessed his feelings for Jimin, and also the only one to know of his problems with Yoongi. They had, in recent times not been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter