seven

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello. long time right? feels like it
sorry if i am late, i had a small plot crisis.
but all is well now. without further ado, the next chapter.

Yoongi's preheat had been going on for a few days, but the omega failed to recognise the signs. He did not think much of it when he started craving contact, hugging seokjin, jimin or taehyung whenever they were close, even allowing taehyung to slobber his face with kisses. he summed it up to his omega wanting the attention that he was not getting from hoseok.

he had also been getting progressively moodier, switching madly between wanting to scream bloody murder and crying in the corner of the room. he ignored them too. he had cried way too much in the last few weeks for it to seem abnormal.and he had always been cranky, so the frustration was not new either.

he even ignored the greatest sign, nesting. he had been sneaking jimin's clothes in for the last week. his pile even had three scarfs of seokjin's, some coats of taehyung's, and an odd sock of jungkook had also made its way in. Again, yoongi chalked it up to his omega seeking comfort. after all, it had not been the first time he had nested for the same. he just forgot the add all the symptoms together, too preoccupied to put a thought to it.

so, to say yoongi was unaware about his heat arriving a few days later would be an understatement.

It hit him, hard, as he was on his way home after checking up on jimin. he was worried the pregnant king would overwork himself, and made sure that he or at least seokjin visited him everyday to remind the younger to eat well and take rest. he did not have to, with an overprotective alpha always hovering around jimin, but he still did it. he was an overprotective brother too.

he had been feeling under the weather the previous day, and as usual ignored it thinking it was because of him staying up all night. that day he had gotten up feeling warm, and thought of getting it checked with seokjin, but he had felt better when he reached the healer's, so he left it. 

he should not have, he realised later.

The warm feeling resurfaced as he entered jimin's chambers. he tried to ignore it, checking up on jimin. however, he was getting increasingly uncomfortable, feeling too hot and had also started sweating. even jimin noticed it. "hyung are you okay? you seem tired." yoongi nodded, stating he was only tired and promised his brother to head home and rest and he really intended to do that. he decided to walk back home, as it had made him feel better previously. however five minutes after leaving the palace, he realised it had been a mistake.

a grave mistake. 

suddenly, the heat that had been simmering within him erupted, flooding over his entire being, and his knees buckled at the force with which it hit him. he stumbled, falling forwards, before he felt someone pulling him back to his feet. "are you okay?" a deep voice asked. he could not properly register the face in the haze, but the scent was very strong, like lavender. it was so nice, so soothing, so alpha. yoongi almost whined at the scent.. and oh.

yoongi's eyes widened, the weakness leaving him for a second as his mind completely processed the realisation.

heat. he was in heat!

he sprung into action. he roughly pushed the alpha away, thanking all the gods that he had worn the scent blocker that day. if his scent had not been blocked, any unmated alpha would smell the heat on him, and it would not be good, even though he was mated. he ran for around two minutes, thinking of home, home, back to home, back to nest, back to alpha.

his mind suddenly backtracked to a few days back.

I am sorry, I am sorry... this should not have happened. this is a mistake. Oh god, i made a mistake, I should not have drank

but i could not help but wish it was someone else.

how do i face my husband and tell him it was a mistake, that i did not mean for it to happen. that i don't like him that way?

i wanted to talk to you about something. about that night, when i came home drunk... i am sorry. it was a mistake. i didn't mean for it to happen. 

yoongi's steps came to a screeching halt. 

he could not head home, hoseok would be there. there was no way he could go home in heat. hoseok will react out of instinct and take him during his heat. they were mated after all.

what he dreaded however, was the morning after.

he would not be able to face another rejection, especially one immediately after his heat, when omegas are the most vulnerable. it would break him. it could kill him.

he could not spend his first heat after mating alone, it would be too intense.  even if he wanted to, where could he go for the same? no one knew his situation, and they would ask too many questions, or worse, bring him to hoseok. 

and he would never ever force hoseok into a heat with him. 

that leaves behind only one other option.

yoongi turned around and ran.

 

The infirmary was dark. the sun had set, and seokjin closes it if there is no one staying the night. In case of emergencies during the night, his house was just next door. thankfully, there had been no overnight patients. 

yoongi stumbled in, panting heavily, eyes filled with tears, the heat pulsating through him, asking him, pleading him to go back to alpha. back to hoseok.

too bad that was not an option.

yoongi scoured the shelves, leaning on the nearest wall for support. another wave of heat hit him, and he crouched over.

hurts, hurts. everything hurts.

one last search and yoongi nearly sobbed in relief when he spotted what he was looking for.

 heat suppresents.

he crawled his way to the shelf, and barely managed to stifle his sob as another wave hit him. the heat was nothing like what he had ever experienced before. every wave was a tsunami, and his resolve was quickly dissolving. he stood up on unsteady feet, leaning heavily on the shelf as he tried to reach the jar containing the suppresents. 

it was too high.

this time yoongi did not care for silence as he let out a loud sob, trying again on his tip toes, and failing miserably. he looked around desperately, and spotted a stool nearby and quickly went over to it. there was no way he could lift it, so he resorted to dragging it, not caring for the screeching noise. 

he needed the medicine.

he carefully got onto the stool, before freezing as another wave hit him. he cried out, waiting it out through gritted teeth. when it passed, he reached out for the jar. his fingers grazed it, but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter