Nineteen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys !
Long time no see.
So this chapter was a really difficult one for me. I rewrote it multiple times, and decided this was the best way going forward.
I think this chapter focussed on the strength of omegas in this universe. I don't know why I just felt that. I think this chapter shows the biggest growth in Hoseok's character
Includes some jikook fluff because they are just cute af.

"Pregnant?" Hoseok asked mouth agape, and Yoongi felt like the floor was removed from under him.

"Yes. He is 10 weeks along." Seokjin answered from behind Yoongi. "And it's high time you knew."

Yoongi sat there, too shocked to say anything, as Hoseok processed the words. He watched as Hoseok's eyes drifted down to his belly, covered by the blanket, and swiftly up back at him. 

"I will be leaving now. I need to check up on others. So, if you will excuse me." With these words Seokjin left the room, leaving Yoongi alone with Hoseok.

There was a long moment of silence as Hoseok still seemed to be in shock from what he had heard. He then moved to tentatively sit on the corner of the bed.

"Yoongi...I"

Yoongi, on the other hand, was losing patience.

He might as well get this over with.

"Hoseok, Don't worry. I won't force you to be with me."

Yoongi looked up to find a very confused Hoseok looking at him.

"Let us not kid ourselves. We may be acting as husbands, but this.. this changes everything. I know you don't want anything to do with this, and that is okay."

"What gave you that idea?" Hoseok suddenly asked, and Yoongi was only spurred on by the confusion laced in the other's voice.

The omega laughed. " Are you kidding me? You are asking me what gave me this idea? What about the fact that you never wanted this marriage? The fact that you called the night we spent together a mistake?" Yoongi panted as Hoseok looked stricken.

"Yoongi, wait...I never"

"Let's be honest here, Hoseok. You never wanted me. I am just a thorn in your side that you are tolerating. And the baby is just going to add to your troubles. The only reason I did not want to tell you, was because I was preparing to leave, and I wanted to let you know once I was ready to leave. Because even if you agree to raise this baby, you will forever look at it as a product of a mistake you made. I do not want to raise my baby with a person who will forever look at him or her as a regret. But now that you came to know, I guess I will have to speed up the entire process."

There was a moment of silence.

"Is this what you think of me?"

And then, then it was the alpha's turn to laugh, bitter and loud.

Yoongi looked on as the alpha laughed, and was there tears in his eyes?

"You know what? Maybe it is better for you to leave! But this time if you do, it will not be on me, but you!" Hoseok suddenly screamed.

Before Yoongi could say anything, the alpha continued.

" I understand that I have made many mistakes, that I have not been the best of husbands in the past. I have failed you." The alpha suddenly got up from his position, body shaking.

"But I have been trying, trying so hard to make up for all of that, to make you understand that I will stand up and take responsibility for everything that I have done. To try and be a better person for you."

"But what is even the point of it? When you do not want to look past my mistakes? You just decide to assume that I will just up and leave the moment you say that you are pregnant? I see that even after all that I have done to try and win back your trust, this is what you think of me. So yeah, it makes sense for you to want and leave a husband like me. So yeah, go ahead!"

"Because clearly I will never ever be able to overcome my past image in your eyes, and that trying will be futile. So, yeah maybe you were right in deciding to leave me, because maybe this way you will finally get someone who meets your expectations. I do not have any say in this. I understand." 

And before Yoongi could say anything, the alpha rushed outside, slamming the door after him.

And Yoongi sank back into the bed, feeling lost and confused.

Did he ruin everything before they even began?

Jungkook kept running, heart still pacing hard, the panic and fear from before not waning the slightest.

He cursed at himself, for being so stupid.

How could he have been so naive?

He had not spoken to Jimin for three full days, deciding to ignore him.

All because of that stupid fight.

Hoseok had come up to him that morning, asking him to accompany the king. In a moment of childish pettiness, he had declined, the little hurt on his Jimin's face giving him a sense of accomplishment.

Oh what a fool you are, Jungkook

Jungkook rushed past everyone, quickly ascending the stairs. ignoring the maidservants bowing to him.

Not now.

He sped up as he spotted the door, opening it wide as he entered.

There, dressed in fluffy sweaters and sound asleep, was his husband.

His mate, his Jimin.

The sweet scent of vanilla flooded the entire room as the king slept peacefully. Only now did Jungkook allow himself to finally address the fear that had enveloped him entirely ever since he heard the blast.

Tears flooded the young consort's eyes, as it all came crashing down on him.

He is okay. He is fine. Jimin is okay.

" Kookie? oh! come here, dear."  

 Jungkook was sobbing at this point, tears drenching his face as he crawled up to his husband, engulfing the omega in a tight hug.

"Hyung... hyung....hyung" was all the younger could muster up in his delirium, while Jimin comforted him a string of "it's okay, I am fine, Jungkookie."

The two of them sat there, in each other's embrace for a while, until Jungkook calmed down.

"I was... was so scared. I thought ..I thought... I" the alpha choked once again, and jimin smiled at him, wiping his tears away, tears glistening in his own eyes.

"shh... don't say that. Don't say that, please." 

"I am sorry, jimin. I am so sorry. I.... should not have fought with you, I can't believe I was so petty, so childish, hyung. just because of that one stupid argument. if not for Hoseok hyung, I ....I felt so helpless. I am so sorry. I will never fight with you, Jiminie. Never again. Forgive me please.." Jungkook said as another bout of tears gushed out of his eyes.

"Listen here, Jungkook." Jungkook kept crying into Jimin's chest, apologizing over and over again. "Listen here, Jeon Jungkook" The young alpha looked up at him, doe eyes shining bright with moistness, nose red and scrunched up.

Adorable.

It was moments like this that reminded Jimin of how Jungkook was still so young. So innocent, untaint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter