Courage and Acceptance

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! AN UPDATE FOR TODAY! 

Dropping it off before I start streaming Luna's MV and edit the next chapter. 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters of this story. All of you are the reason why I keep on writing KryBer. :)

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

 

“Soojung… are you sure about this?”

 

I sighed and nodded at Sunyoung, picking up my back pack and camera bag under my table. I have to do this even just for a day…

 

“What are we going to tell her if she comes back? Just wait for her she said she will be quick…” swinging the bag at my back, I gave Vic unnie a small smile hoping she will understand. “Just tell her that I went home first unnie…”

 

I bowed at her saying goodbye and went to the door when Jinri suddenly talked making me halt on my steps. “If this is your way of giving her a punishment then you are winning. Just reminding you that in Amber’s case, sadness is dangerous.” I turned my head at her direction and saw concern in her eyes.

 

Its the first time Jinri talked to me after what happened… I never knew she will be concerned about what is happening to me and Amber. She still cares for us…

 

“I k-know… but I just want her to learn a lesson J-jinri-ah…”

 

“By the way she reacted today… she already did. Don’t waste her efforts today Soojung-ah. I don’t know what happened yesterday but… I hope you two can work it out.” Jinri-ah…

 

“T-thank you…” I bit my lips and turned my head away, not wanting them all to see the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I need to do this to Amber or else she won’t learn her lesson…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Walking on the hallway, my mind still drifts to what happened last night. Yes, she said she’s sorry and I felt how sincere it is but I’m still hurt. I’m doing this for her, so she will know that what she did is not a light offense. Its a very serious offense, lying. She knows I don’t like liars!

 

Deep inside I forgive her for avoiding me. I fully understand what she might be feeling because… I also started to have those thoughts about her. Its just that the method she took is unacceptable, she neglected her studies just because of that stupid Star Craft game! I can’t believe she chose that game and avoid me just because her hormones are acting up. Stupid foolish girl!

 

Jessica unnie told me that a simple act or touch will trigger my hormones to become active and it happened.

 

It was a random day, Amber and I were sitting beside each other under the big willow tree inside the campus. She fell asleep on my lap while I was reading a novel when she snuggled her face closer to my stomach.

 

The feeling was... electrifying. I froze on my seat and felt millions or electric volts running up in my veins sending signals all over my body. My heart was beating so fast, my knees weak, and my body was suddenly heating up, blood rushing… I can feel the blood rushing in all sensitive parts of my body, there was this heat inside me that I didn’t know how to take away. Even the hairs on my nape and arms stood up because of that sudden contact. I wanted to move and at least push Amber’s face away but I can’t because I’m too weak to do it… my knees felt so weak to do it and at the same time based on my body response, I like it.

 

I kept it to myself and pretended nothing happened. When I got home I immediately told Jessica unnie about it and asked her what is happening to me. Unnie said my body reacted to the contact and its perfectly normal for a teenager like me, it means my hormones are starting to wake up now at my age.

 

 

“Then what do I do!?”

 

“Control yourself. That’s the only thing you can do and don’t be too nervous when you feel those things just let it. Count from 1 to 10 and breathe, think happy thoughts and mind your surroundings. And whatever you have inside your mind forget that Jung Soojung! You are still too young!”

 

“O-okay…”

 

“Don’t imagine things!”

 

“I don’t do that Jess…”

 

Silence.

 

“No , don’t watch . Don’t listen to any of Yoona’s suggestions because it won’t help you!”

 

“Uhh… Y-yoona unnie?!?…”

 

“Yes! Don’t listen to her! When I listened to her back then it started my curiosity!”

 

“I don’t quite understand….?” I’m really baffled…

 

“Just don’t!”

 

“Okay.” I sat in silence in my bed while Jess unnie walks back and forth inside my room then stopped in front of me. Weirdo. “Curiosity at your age is normal but don’t be when it comes to this kind of ‘things’. Believe me… it wasn’t w-worth it.”  

 

She sat beside me and took my hands from my lap squeezing it gently. I can see regret in her eyes and her wistful smile. That’s when I realized what unnie is meaning to say… wow… that was really… young.

 

We were silent for a while when I cleared my throat and asked her in a whisper. “A guy or a girl?…”

 

She chuckled after and sighed. “A guy. He’s a Senior and I won’t name him so you wouldn’t look for him. It only happened once and never again because after we did ‘it’ both of us got scared since he didn’t… uhh… used… you know…”

 

What?… “What ‘you know’?”

 

“You know… that ‘thing’ used by guys…”

 

“Can you please explain it to me what that ‘thing’ is!?”

 

“Condoms!” she blurted out in exasperation then covered because our parents might hear her. I covered my mouth to stifle my laugh at Jess’ scandalous reaction. “Okay!? I mean Condoms!” she hissed at me in a whisper. Oh my God…

 

“But if a guy didn’t use a it means…”

 

“It means there’s a risk of the girl getting pregnant! Don’t they teach that at Ed. in San Francisco?!”

 

“I don’t know, I was absent that time maybe.” The hell I know about that thing… and its really cringy… I don’t want to imagine what happened to her.

 

So she gave herself to a Senior when she was just 15… or 16? I don’t know… but from the way I see it, it made such a huge impact on what Jess is today. Like she regret doing it or something…

 

“Here’s the thing Soojung…” she started my head like a kid and patted my back. “You should only give yourself to the person you love and who loves you back. is an intimate act and should be done in a private place where no one can see or hear. It should only be done by married couples--”

 

“Jess, its the 21st century. Don’t you think that learning is a bit old?…”

 

“Well, it is. BUT… there’s nothing wrong if you will follow that learning. To prevent teenage pregnancies and having kids out of wedlock.”

 

“So no until we are at age because it ruins lives especially when one of us gets pregnant…?”

 

“Yup, that’s right.”

 

“If we can’t control ourselves, use condoms…”

 

“Right again…”

 

“Only give yourself to the person you love and loves you back because its a special part of you that you should only give to the most deserving person… right?”

 

“Right again…”

 

“Ummm… does it also apply to me and Amber? You know…” she stared at me for a while like she’s thinking or something, her pretty wide forehead in a crease then nodded slowly. “It applies to both of you even though… oh…” I raised my eyebrows at her stating my silly point.

 

“I get it Jess, you don’t have to say anything…”

 

“Just don’t do it soon!” with that she ended our conversation with a flick on my cute forehead.

 

 

 

I followed what Jess said and practiced control. I thought I handled it perfectly well until last night when Amber and I were having our fight inside my car. I wasn’t expecting it in that kind of situation but it happened. When she pulled me for a kiss… the moment her lips landed on my lips all of it came rushing back in. I tried to fight it by stopping what is happening but who am I kidding? I was weak... I wanted it too…

 

Both of us doesn’t know what we are doing but we don’t care. There will be time to learn but what matters is we found a new way to express what we feel for each other. It was sloppy but I don’t care…  my body was reacting to the kiss. I have to kick her out of my car because if I didn’t we won’t stop even if her sister is already outside.

 

If Jackie didn’t disturbed us last night maybe I already lost myself, thank God she did. I realized Amber avoiding me because of her fear on losing herself on me is logical but losing herself to that stupid game and hanging out with those people that resulted for her to lie and forget me for a while is illogical.

 

And that kiss made me sleepless last night.

 

 

 

 

Samchon was already waiting by the driveway when I emerged from the building and down the steps. It was an exhausting day, not just because of the lessons but because of what I am doing. It feels so heavy in my heart to punish her but I have to… the only way for her to know what I felt when she avoided me and completely acted like she doesn’t want me. Even Eric sensed what is happening and it was his own decision to volunteer earlier to accompany me to the Library. He said Amber has to be threatened because it seems she is so relaxed to the fact that I won’t be interested in other people than her.

 

I nodded at Samchon as he bowed at me holding the door of the back seat when I heard Amber’s voice calling me.

 

“Soojung!! Soojung wait!”

 

I turned around and saw that she’s catching her breath because of running. Maybe when the girls told her I left she quickly ran after me. Her face says it all… her pained and miserable expression made my heart break in a million pieces. Soojung… just get inside the car and let her. Let her feel what you felt when she leaves you every after end of the class in a hurry because she’s excited to play. Just this once Soojung… just this once.

 

Tomorrow it ends and she learns her lesson.

 

Sighing, I went inside my car and rested my head at the back seat my eyes closed. I don’t want to see… because seeing her like this will only waste my efforts of teaching her a lesson.

 

But don’t you think Jinri is right?…

 

The car moved but I still have my eyes closed, the grip of my hands on the seat tightens. “Control yourself Soojung… don’t look back… it hasn’t been 24 hours but you’re already getting soft…” I mumbled to myself while taking deep breaths.

 

What if Amber take it seriously?… her anxieties… 

 

But...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Arrrrrgghhh!!!! Samchon STOP THE CAR!!!

 

I can’t take this anymore! I thought of being firm in this giving a lesson thing but it seems when it comes to Amber all my resolves goes all down the drain.

 

Samchon stopped the car and luckily we haven’t gone far, come to think of it… we are just outside the school compound! “I forgot something, wait for me Samchon!” I didn’t wait for Samchon’s response and immediately went out of my car running back inside the school compound. Students were looking at me while I’m running but I don’t care, I just want to go back and see if Amber is okay.

 

“That’s what you get when you’re being stubborn and stupid Alpacaber… aiiissshhhh!!! If I see you sulking like a poor puppy on that spot where I left you I’ll really smack your head hard!”

 

I finally reached the building and stopped, panting hard. And I wasn’t disappointed because what I thought is true. There in the steps sulks Amber, looking like the poor puppy she is while staring at her tapping feet.

 

Filling air in my lungs, I stood in front of her and as soon as she raised her head my heart broke again. She looks so lost… oh Amber…

 

“S-soojung…”

 

“Have you learned your lesson?”

 

*Nod* *Nod* *Sniff*

 

Tsss… I feel so mad at you but I still find you this cute. I’m really crazy.

 

“Are you going to do it again?”

 

She shook her head vigorously and pouted like a cute puppy. All I can do is sigh, sit in front of Amber and stare back at her while stopping her legs from fidgeting. "Hey... its okay Am... I'm not mad at you..." Why do I care for you so much…?  

 

Because you love her… remember what Mom said?

 

“Even though how many times your Dad and I had a fight, we try to listen to each other and reconcile. You know why? Because our love for each other is more important than our pride. My heart always can’t take it when your Dad sulks in his Lazyboy eating popcorn all by himself just because I scolded him for not putting down the toilet seat. It always makes my heart melt and surrender.”

 

Reaching for her folded bandana inside my back pocket, I pulled it out and pouted at Amber while wiping her face wet with sweat. She was just staring at me, the two of us pouting at each other like kids. Enough doing this punishment… “I'm sorry... I hope you learned your lesson.”

 

“I’m really sorry about everything Soojung-ah… please believe me. I won’t lie to you again… And I will keep my promises to you…”

 

“But what if you break your promise again? What if you lie to me again?”

 

“Then you can do everything you want on me and I won’t even complain. I’ll be your lifetime servant… If you want to skin me alive then so be it… but believe me Soojung-ah, I won’t lie to you again and every promise I make it will be done.” she took my hands and brought it to her lips planting a kiss in my knuckles. The gesture making me blush because there are still students around the vicinity looking at us. “I will do everything you ask me too.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Seriously.”

 

“Then kiss me.”

 

I saw how her cheeks turned pink while staring at me with all her shyness. I’m just testing her if she is really saying the truth, that she will do everything I ask her to do. But the truth is I’m quite nervous because what if she really does it and pulls me roughly for a kiss just like last night!? The whole student population present this afternoon will see a show that should be done in a private place….

 

I mean private room. Oh God! I mean a room where there are no people except us! Yeah! That’s it! Uhh… why does it sound so wrong?… a secluded place… maybe?..

 

My eyes went down to her lips, my throat suddenly going dry just by looking at her lips. I remember it was soft… and sweet… a different kind of sweetness you wouldn’t get from fruits and sugar. A different kind of sweet… and just imagining how our lips were connected last night made the temperature of my body rise. Clips from our kiss came flashing in my mind. Oookayyy… this is enough…

 

“I-I-I was just--” it took her 3 seconds to land a kiss on my cheeks but I felt it. Her lips lingered in my cheeks for a while, her breath hitting my skin that sent tingly sensations in my neck down to every part of my skin. I felt that indescribable feeling that brought a smile on my lips and made my face red in shyness while she was staring at me after with a shy smile on her face too.

 

Wow… I was thinking of a different kind of kiss while she was thinking of just giving me a peck on my cheeks. I’m so… advance. (^__^’)

 

“I-I-I told you… I’ll do everything you w-want..” Amber said having that shy smile. Damn you… I was mad at you! And its not even the kiss I want…

 

Oh gosh! Stop it Soojung!!

 

Oh my God my face! Gosh why is it suddenly so hot in here…

 

“And why are you smiling like that Alpacaber!?” I pulled my hands from her grasp and landed a mighty flick on her forehead, fanning myself after with my hands. “Ummm!”

 

“Awww!~”

 

“Why did you kiss me!?”

 

“You asked for it! I’m just doing what you asked me to do!” I gave her a snort and reached for her forehead, the area I flicked turned red in an instant. Nice one Soojung… now its red! She was rubbing it while pouting at me. Tsss… don’t show your cuteness on me!

 

“Aiiiisssh! Not in public!”

 

“Then would you like it in private?…” I gave her another flick that all she can do is just accept it because based on how her eyes twinkles, it means she’s loving my brutality. “Awww!~ Soojung-ah~!”

 

“Stand up and let’s get your things in the office. Let’s go home…”

 

“You’re taking me home in your home or I’ll take you home in your home?”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“It doesn’t make sense, right?”

 

“I’m taking you home in your home since my car has a back seat while yours doesn’t have. Why did you even thought of betting your Porsche?! Don’t do that again!!” Why did I even mention the back seat of my car?!?

 

“B-because I don’t have any money that time in my wallet just my card! And my Jordan…Awwww!~ Soojung-ah stop hitting my head! Awww! Hey! Wait! Not my sides!” I glared at Amber and continued pinching her sides because of her stupidity. Betting her things! Stupid!   

 

“First, you don’t have any right to bet your Porsche because technically it was given to you by your parents! Its your parents’ hard earned money!” Tsss… I poked her nostrils and pinched her sides with my other hand. “Second, don’t do that again! Always save cash in your wallet even if its just ₩50,000 in case of emergencies. Got it?!”

 

“Awww!~ stop hitting me!~ fine I’m standing now…” she guided me to stand up, patting clean my jeans while I wipe my finger on her shirt. Eeew. She took off her red and white flannel shirt and draped it around my shoulders helping me wear it. “Wear this, your white shirt is too revealing.”

 

“Does it?” I didn’t know it… its just a plain white T-shirt though…

 

“Yes! The boys has been staring at your bra since this morning!” Oh. Both of us looked down on my shirt and she is saying the truth. Why didn’t I noticed it this morning?! I was wearing a skin toned T-shirt bra and even though the white shirt I’m wearing is a little bit loose, my curves still clings on my shirt. She looked away while pulling her flannel, wrapping it around my body making me laugh because she looks silly.

 

She only turned her head again on me when she’s finished and fixed my long hair with care, that same adoration I saw before was radiating in her beautiful eyes. She’s back… my Amber is back.   

 

We’re back in our own bubble, our bubble that we missed terribly. Not caring about the judgemental eyes looking at us. Not minding the disgust some says, while the others understand and supports.

 

I missed this… I missed her…

 

She intertwined our fingers as she brought the back of my hands on her lips planting a kiss while smiling at me. “I know this is delusional of me but I hope years from now I will still be holding your hands like this.”

 

“Then don’t ever think of letting it go…”

 

“I won’t… its a promise I won’t ever break.”

 

“I’ll hold on to that promise.” she beamed at me and both of us smiled at each other not caring about anything in this world.

 

Because in our own world…

 

There’s only me and her.

 

Amber and Soojung…

 

And her promise.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A prom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter