Soojung's Escape

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! what's Up? I apologize for being away too long please forgive me :) 

Posting a short update for all of you.Thank you so much to all our subscribers and to the upvoters. Thank you, thank you.

Peace yow~!

 

 

 

 

PRESENT TIME

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“Don’t you think Sooyoung and Jessica unnie are becoming too close since they met at the exhibit?” Soojung’s eyebrow arched after I asked her that question. A question I have been saving to ask her waiting for the appropriate time.

 

After visiting our school, we drove to the Hangang Park at the Han River to spend the rest of the day with Little Chub-chub. I brought a camping tent and set it up on the grass overlooking the river so the little cub can crawl and roll on the blanket. We will stay here until sun down then proceed to Jessica unnie’s house in Cheongdamdong for dinner. Soojung said her sister is going to announce something… I wonder what is it…

 

I took her right hand that is resting on my lap and started to massage it. Chub-chub is asleep on his baby carrier in front of us with his drool dripping kekekeke… Soojung reached for his mouth and wiped it away with a baby cloth both of us giggling. Cutie pie~~

 

“I mean… yeah, your intention is to introduce them to each other and see what will happen. But you know how Sooyoung unnie is when it comes to romantic relationships. Its non-existent in her life even when we were still university students.”

 

Soojung rested her head sideways on my shoulder enjoying the massage. She let out a sigh marveling at the river view in front of us while her free hand scratches my lap slowly. “Its up to them what to do. Sooyoung unnie is a good person and we have known her ever since we came to Lowell. If she and Jessica unnie is becoming too close, there’s nothing wrong about that. Jessica unnie is single…”

 

“And probably always ready to mingle but doesn’t have time to mingle that’s why she is sleeping with her assistant? Awww!~” That pinch in my thigh is major ouch.

 

“Hey! That’s my sister!”

 

“But its true! Yuri unnie whispered it to me yesterday at the hospital!”

 

“Tsss… Yuri unnie always the first on latest gossips! Hahaha!”

 

“That’s why Yoona unnie threw the plastic cup on her when the two of you were talking. Hahaha!! Her ears probably heard Yuri unnie’s whispers to me yesterday…” I chuckled at the memory earning another pinch on my thigh. “Aww~!”

 

Oh, yeah. We were in the hospital yesterday to visit Yoona unnie who gave birth to their first child. A cute baby boy named Damien, 6 lbs and 19 inches long. His parents are so happy and proud to see him, Yuri unnie even. She narrated to me how she cried the whole time her wife is giving birth and cried even more when she saw their son and heard his first cry. Awww… it was like me before when Soojung gave birth to Chub-chub. I was sobbing uncontrollably that Soojung even wiped my face with her hospital gown!

 

Jessica unnie came with us to visit her bestfriend Yoona unnie and to see her God son. Yep. She is Damien’s God Mother aka the ex-girlfriend of her Mommy and bestfriend of both his Mothers. Complicated thing.

 

But Jessica unnie has let go of the past a long time ago. Soojung said her sister had some other relationships after Yuri unnie but all of it are in secret and all ended sadly. Maybe I’ll ask Yuri unnie later or tomorrow about it she may have an idea. All I know but just a little are someone named Taeyeon whom Sulli said is a famous recording artist now and someone named Taecyeon who is now living in Canada. Hmmmm… Sounds alike kekekeke… the only difference is the letter “C’.

 

But really… Jessica unnie is a very strong woman.

 

Seeing your ex-girlfriend everyday in the office, knowing your ex and your best friend ended up together after everything that happened. And now… being the God Mother of their offspring. Wow. She sure has the heart to accept everything.

 

“But you know what…” she tilted her head from my shoulder looking at me “What?”

 

“I owe Jessica unnie so much, same as how I owe Jackie.” we look at each other our eyes doing the talking. Her lips curving into a wistful smile when I brought her hand on my lips, remembering the day our sisters went all out of their way to bring us together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

 

“I owe Jessica unnie so much, same as how I owe Jackie.”

 

Looking into Amber’s eyes made me recall the day Jessica unnie proved to me how much she loves me.

 

Not that I doubt my sister and her affection for all these years. But the knowledge of she was willing to do everything, to take the risk, just to make me happy in life and do things she won’t have the chance to do made me realized how a selfish sister I am.

 

I am selfish. And I am not proud of it.

 

Over the years of living together with Amber and recalling what our sisters did for us, it dawned on me that my stubbornness and decisiveness in getting what I want has an impact on other people’s lives. I was too young to notice, my focus is on just one person and the thought of being with her forever.

 

I didn’t thought of the consequences… all I wanted was to be with her and the two of us live in a quiet place away from everyone who wants to break us apart.

 

It wasn’t an easy path.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback  

 

 

Since we arrived from Korea a week ago, I haven’t seen and experienced the Sun. I was straight up locked here inside my room with no one allowed to see me except my Mother. Even my Aunt isn’t allowed! Jessica unnie… she haven’t come and that makes me feel miserable day by day.

 

Mom… she looks haggard and stressed everytime she will come to my room. Oh, have I said there are two security guys guarding my door? Yeah. One of them will come inside my room when Mom comes to bring me food. It , right?

 

I feel like a lunatic inside an asylum. The sliding windows of my room is being covered by curtains to make the room look dark. I don’t even know what time of the day it is now!

 

Back then I love my room to be dark and cozy, with faint music coming from my laptop playing in the air and the hum of the A/C cooling the room. Crumpled sheets, twisted limbs… and Amber’s arms around me while we sleep.

 

But now, I am starting to hate the darkness.

 

No telephone, no gadgets, no means of communication to everyone outside the four walls of my room. No way to get in touch with Amber, even pencil and pen or any sharp objects were already taken out because I tried to threaten them that I will kill myself if they will not let me out.

 

I feel like being a prisoner in my own house. The house where in the first place I should feel secure and loved, understood, accepted.

 

To fight the Demons starting to pester my mind, I leave the lights on. Whatever time it is, although I don’t have any idea what time it is until Mom comes carrying a tray of food. That’s the only way I will know if its morning, afternoon or night. But its not enough.

 

In too much desperation I successfully made a hole in the curtain using my teeth, biting the fabric little by little until I can pull out some strings and made a hole good enough to have a peek and see how sunny it is outside. How I wish I can go out and enjoy the Californian sun that I enjoy so much when I was still a kid.

 

“Another day… another ing miserable day Jung Soojung. What if I pretend to hang myself in the ceiling using the sheets…?” Just the thought of it makes me cringe and erase it fully on my mind. No, I’m not that stupid to do it.

 

I have to be alive and make sure to escape this ing miserable place that I am in. Mom’s food may taste good as always but the desire to be free is what keeps me motivated.

 

What will happen to my Harvard acceptance? Am I still going to continue it?

 

Will Dad let me enter the school and leave me alone?

 

He said last week I will be engaged…

 

So does it mean instead of letting me experience the university life, he will make me experience the married life in such a young age?! I haven’t even turn 18!

 

I don’t have any interest in marrying any idiots out there other than my own stupid lazy Alpacaber!

 

Sighing, I rolled my body under the sheets and buried my face on my pillow. I miss Amber… I miss her so much…. I hope she’s okay…

 

I know she won’t give up…

 

But what if she does?…

 

Does she even misses me?…

 

 

I’m getting crazy!

 

The sound of the door opening woke me up from my monologue. I threw the blanket covering me and was so surprised to see the person I have been waiting for.

 

“Hey brat… Unnie’s here…”

 

“Jessica unnie… unnie!!!”

 

I jumped out of my bed and ran to her in a big hug. She welcomed me in her arms hugging me so tight, expressing her love that made me tear up and cry. I promised myself that I won’t cry anymore but here I am breaking it.

 

We stayed like that in the middle of my room, unnie hugging me and my head and my back consoling me. Me crying in despair because of my misery, expressing to her how much I hate everything that is happening.

 

She lead me to my bed and both of us sat there. Unnie reached for my face full of tears and wiped it with her thumb with a longing smile. “Shhh… enough crying Soojung. Crying is for the weak, haven’t I told you that?”

 

“Sorry unnie… I just… *sniff* really miss you and *sniff* I don’t like it here… help me unnie. Let me out of here I’m going to be sent to an asylum if Dad continues on keeping me here! Look at how pale I am! I haven’t seen and felt the Sun for a week now!”

 

Unnie please help me!…

 

She sighed while reading my expression then smiled after, a sad smile. I don’t want to see a sad smile… “Unnie…”

 

Her eyes filled with tears in an instant but she won’t let it out. “Soojung-ah… everything that is happening.. don’t you think its a sign that you and Amber are not meant to be?” Wait. Hold on.

 

I stare incredulously at unnie listening to her sermon. My eyebrows twitching because I know she’s starting the Holy ing Sermon of the year. Then my eyes darted on the corner seeing the guard standing there like he is blending on the wall like a chameleon, pretending not to hear our conversation.

 

Is unnie deliberately making this conversation for the sake of a show?

 

Because the way she’s looking at me now, its not just sadness. Like she wants to deliver a very important message to me.

 

“Both of you are still young…” she squeezed my hand and I felt something sliding on my palm. What is it?? “…you will meet a lot people in your life that will make such a great impact on what you are now. Don’t you think its time for you to move on from her and meet other people--”

 

“Unnie, STOP.”

 

I rose from my seat discreetly sliding the small piece of paper inside my shirt going straight to my bra and walked back and forth slowly in front then stopped to face her. “Unnie, all I want is to be with Amber. No one else. I already gave myself to her so I’m quite sure whoever family wants me to be their Daughter in-law wouldn’t like to know that secret-- yah! Awww!”

 

Unnie looks so mad… kekeke… I didn’t see her flying slippers coming! And I don’t even know if she’s still pretending or this is true now… “Yah unnie!”

 

“You stupid girl! I told you before! Do not engage in premarital because you are still young! Why didn’t you listen to me?!” Eh?… I don’t remember at all… “I don’t remember you saying that to me…” Did she?… Hmmm…. All I remember is Yoona unnie asking if I’m still a … XD

 

She stood up from her seat too from my bed and pulled my ears “Awww!!! Jessica Jung! Stop pulling my ears!” Yah! It hurts!

 

“Now what do you have left of yourself Jung Soojung?! You already gave your everything to Amber and now you have nothing!” what she did next made me grin.

 

Light started to pour inside my room when Jessica unnie started grabbing the curtains pulling it down. How can she grab and pull it down like she’s Wonder Woman when its nailed on a wooden frame?!

 

“Awww~! Unnie my ear!”

 

“Stop whining! You ungrateful daughter!” she dragged me to the window and opened the sliding door. The guard in the corner stepped forward trying to stop unnie but aww… he did the wrong thing.

 

“Miss Jessica! The Chairman--” Unnie snapped her head on the guard who is trying to stop her from wrecking all the curtains. That icy glare she is famous for made him froze on his spot and shut his mouth. Even I felt the chills on my spine! I gave him an awkward smile waving my hand for him to go back wherever he is standing. “Don’t even think about stopping her when she’s mad. I’m warning you.”

 

The poor guard nodded looking so shaken and followed what I said. What is unnie planning?!

 

“Don’t you remember what I told you before!?” I tapped her wrist to let go of my ear and thank God she did! I glared murderously at unnie but she only answered me with a chuckle, even flicking my forehead whispering closely on my ear “Do you like that? The wave of fresh air?”

 

“I do, but you twisted my ear so much!” I hissed back at her in a whisper. If I don’t miss you that much I could have thrown you on the ground you crazy woman!

 

She threw her arm around my shoulders pulling me so close both of us facing the view of the bay area from my bedroom window. Wow… the sun is shining… I want to feel the Sun…

 

“First step Soojung-ah… first step.” Huh…?

 

I tilted my head at her and saw Jessica unnie looking ahead at the bay view with a smirk on her lips. Whatever she is planning I hope it will succeed.

 

 

When Jessica unnie left and told me she will come back later at dinner time, I immediately went inside my bathroom and closed the door. I took off my shirt and pulled from my bra the super folded piece of paper unnie slipped on my palm earlier. Gosh! How many times did she folded this stationery?!

 

I sat inside the tub and read her message for me that got me tearing up again.

 

 

 

Soojung-ah,

 

If you are reading this now it means I succeeded on my first plan. Unnie will do everything to help you, just follow my lead and do not do anything on your own.

Jackie and I talked before I flew here from Boston. Amber is currently in Malibu being lock up too by Uncle Hangeng for a few days now. She flew from Korea after Dad and Mom took you here in San Francisco. I don’t know the whole story, Jackie too but she said based on Aunt Sun-ah’s hysterical call to her… Amber flew here in the U.S. in a haze, bringing only her wallet, passport, and self. I don’t know why Uncle is holding her too like you are here in our mansion courtesy of Dad but Jackie is already there as we speak comforting her sister. She came too as soon as she heard what happened and the hell me too!

You kids… all I thought everything is just a lousy young love! It doesn’t have to end this way! But then again… I see myself in your shoes. The younger me who also wanted to run away with Yuri that time but at the last minute chickened out and left her waiting for nothing.

 

Whatever happens, don’t be like me.

 

Kisses and hugs,

 

Jess

 

 

 

“Unnie…” I feel like I have waterfalls on my face again. Tears kept falling from my eyes knowing my sister is doing her best to help me. So this is it… first step. Bringing light in me again and the smell of fresh air that Dad blocked for me to have.

 

 

 

 

 

The following weeks, Jessica unnie continued on loosening the chain Dad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter