Second thoughts, broken trust

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! GOOD MORNING / GOOD EVENING!

DROPPING AN UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU.

 

PEACE YOW!~ 

BY THE WAY, I MISS YOU CHINGUS! 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

1st day of March, 2008

 

8:45 A.M.

 

Liu Residence

 

 

“Mom…”

 

I sat on the kitchen stool and leaned my elbow on the dark marble kitchen top, my fingers drumming because of nervousness mixed with excitement. How can I not be excited! Its already March!

 

March means the Acceptance Letters from those 3 top universities where Soojung and I applied for will be coming any day. I’m being positive, I don’t want to receive any Rejection Letters from those 3. Harvard tops the list, second is Yale and third is Princeton.

 

“Yes honey?” Mom said as she turn around holding a plate of my favorite cookies. She placed it in front of me with a smile. “What’s the problem? You look constipated.” Mom (-___-’)

 

“Umm… you know… its already March..”

 

“And…?”

 

“Uhh… Any letters arriving for me today Mom?”

 

She snorted at me and ruffled my still unruly bed hair “Amber, its the first day of March and its a Saturday. No one from the Post Office works on weekends, and its too early to expect it honey.”  

 

Sigh. My shoulders dropped hearing the undeniable truth even though Soojung already told me last night its impossible to receive it today with the same explanation. Mom sat on the stool beside me pulling me on a side hug “Honey… don’t worry about it. Its positive you will get all 3 Acceptance Letters on the same day.”

 

“I know Mom… I’m just excited that’s all. Graduation will be in second week of April…”

 

“Do you really want to study abroad Amber? Or you just want to escape Korea and be with Soojung?”

 

I tilted my head to look at Mom and flashed her my smile “Mom, don’t you want to have a Harvard educated daughter?!”

 

“Silly! Of course I want! Your Jackie unnie is doing good in her Masteral Studies in Stanford now… I’m proud of her too. And you entering one of those Ivy League Universities will make me proud too. I know how hard it is to be accepted in their schools.” she reached for my hair it with her Motherly affection “Its just that… I’ll be alone here. Just me and your Dad…”

 

“Then don’t you think its the best chance for you and Dad to be alone then produce another baby brother or sister for us-- AWWW! Mom!~” Oouch! I covered my stinging forehead that Mom slapped. Awww~~… ㅜ--ㅜ 

 

“You and your silly mind! Yah! Its not easy making a baby! Where did you get that thinking you brat!?”

 

“Hehehehe... in a... book?” she threatened to smack my forehead again but stopped and pulled my ears. AHHHH!!!!

 

“You brat! Your Father and i are already old to produce another brat in our family!”

 

Tsss... old... they are not even that old. Well... they look young but their age is different.

 

“Mom, you and Dad are still young! You’re both 48!”

 

“That will be impossible now...” she released my reddened and stinging ears flicking my nose too. My Mother is a Gangster. I believe she is a gangster when she was still young hohoho. Dad said Mom can take down a big guy just using her bare hands. I don’t know if its true or Dad is just really so whipped when it comes to Mom. Its just silly bed time stories to make me sleep fast.

 

She laughed out loud leaving me in a hopeless state and went to the coffee maker pouring newly brewed coffee in a mug. A pair of arms suddenly s around my body, a distinct newly showered scent filling my senses. Damn... she showered all by herself and didn’t wait for me?! Why.... ㅜ___ㅜ

 

“Good morning grumpy ~!” Oh~~... the kitty is finally here...

 

She nuzzled my nape then rested her chin on my left shoulder tilting her head at me. Our eyes met and automatically our lips curve into a smile. I love mornings with this pretty girl. “Good morning fat ~!” I said as a playful greeting. The game is still on hahaha!

 

“Flop !~” she giggles and playfully bites my ear that made me chuckle. It tickles hehehe... You don’t want to stop huh... let’s see what else you can give!

 

“Fluffy !~”

 

“Flat !~” 

 

“Huge !”

 

“Hairy !” What the hell!

 

“Hey! That’s gross! My is not hairy! You of all people knows that!!!” she laughed out loud giving me a peck on my cheeks hugging me so tight from the back. “You lose Llama !”

 

“Oh God! You two stop it now or I’ll spank your asses!” I controlled my laughter when Mom threatened us. She took another mug and poured coffee on it placing in the middle of the counter top “Soojung-ah what would you like to eat for breakfast honey?” Why did my Mom asked my girlfriend when she didn’t even asked me! 

 

I noticed how bright and thoughtful Mom’s smile at Soojung. Even patting my girlfriend’s head affectionately. Wow… I think I’m already forgotten.

 

Soojung released me from her hold and sat on the stool beside me greeting Mom while reaching for the mug of coffee Mom prepared “Good morning Auntie!~ anything you make is delicious! I’ll eat anything!”

 

“Tsss... you do eat everything served in front of you. Mom, make a cucumber salad!” 

 

“Yah!” she playfully grab my neck doing a choke hold on me. Goodness! This girl is my life but at the same time will be the death of me! My Mother saw our playing and just gave me a smirk and went on her cooking duties. “Mom!!!! Your daughter is going to be killed!”

 

“I won’t interfere Amber, you basically said the forbidden word.” WHAT!!?

 

Soojung was enjoying her torture on me, even tickling my sides and my nape.

 

“Tap out! Tap out!” 

 

“Are you going to say it again!?”

 

“I won’t! I won’t!”

 

“Promise?!”

 

“Promise!” 

 

“Good girl~!...” she released me from her choke hold but went on to give me a side hug peppering my cheek with kisses. Gosh... i can feel my cheeks heating up with what she’s doing... but i love it when she’s this clingy!  (^___^) 

 

I turned my head at her receiving a kiss on my lips. The two of us leaned back to see each other’s faces clearly. Soojung was smiling… but behind those smile is a tinge of sadness. Smiling at her, I ran my free hand on her back it gently giving her assurance that whatever happens I will be here for her.

 

 

 

The two of us not knowing that my Mom is looking at us with a sad smile on her lips.

 

 

 

Soojung had a sleepover last night due to another confrontation she had with Chairman Jung again. We dropped her off yesterday at their residence as what i have been doing since last year after her Father forbidden her to use the car and took away her Samchon. I pick her up in the morning on my way to school then drop her off after classes.

 

Chairman Jung is such a trash. Yeah, he is.

 

How can a Father let his daughter ride a taxi alone going to school?! Call me exaggerating everything but it is dangerous! Especially if you are the daughter of one of the most richest businessman in Korea, a target of everyone who wants to have money the evil way. Add to that how beautiful she is... damn...

 

Soojung is smoking hot without even trying. Her round cute roundish face back when we met has developed, her side profile stands out the most because of her jaw. Pretty and y and cute... but a little rough in private. *winkwink*

 

That’s why I took the liberty of picking her up and sending her home. I don’t want anything bad to happen on her, especially now that there are rumors that Chairman Jung has attracted some enemies in the business world. Soojung said her Dad received a death threat few weeks after the awards night. Its already reported to the authorities but they still hasn’t found who sent the death threat. Her Mom told me to be careful too, because we will never know when the person will strike.

 

So last night, i dropped her off, Soojung invited me inside their house to wait because she will get my CD she borrowed. Her Dad Chairman Jung was at home that time and caught me puckering my lips to his daughter playfully. He got mad, his voice thundering inside their spacious house  and ordered me to leave while pointing his finger on my face. He smelled liquor by the way, Soojung said maybe drinking again inside his study room. Aunt Eugene wasn’t there last night because she flew to San Francisco to visit Chairman Jung’s sister and Soojung’s Aunt.    

 

Soojung explained to him why i was there and i am already leaving but he still continued on throwing words at me. I kept quiet because i don’t want to be disrespectful... he is still the Father of the girl i love whatever happens. It only ended in a not so good way when he yelled at Soojung and almost hurt her. I snapped...

 

And I’m not even ashamed of what i did.

 

 

 

 

~Flashback ~

 

 

“Sir, I’m going home you don’t have to be rude.” I clenched my fist on my side controlling the anger I have inside. Patience Amber, patience.

 

But I can’t leave Soojung with him like this.

 

“Get out of my residence you disgusting person! Go inside your room Soojung and don’t ever go near that piece of again!” Piece of !? This Piece of is worth the same as him!

 

“Dad! Stop saying those words! You’re drunk!” Soojung tried to hold Chairman Jung but he swatted his daughter away. She lost her balance, her bottom landing on the floor. “Ahh!”

 

“Soojung!” 

 

I immediately went to Soojung’s side and helped her get up. This is too much... he can’t do this to Soojung. That’s it!

 

“Are you okay Soojung!?” she has a pained expression on her face, her eyes showing fear. I looked up to Chairman Jung and saw his face is pale with worry. This old man! “Why did you do that to Soojung!?” I yelled at him with my fist closed. I don’t know what spirit entered me but I did.

 

With big strides I grabbed Chairman Jung’s shirt collar looking at him with disgust. If he is disgusted at me, then I’m more disgusted at him!

 

“G-get your hands off me!”

 

“I hate you! Don’t ever hurt Soojung!” 

 

“I... it-its not-- I’m sorry Soojung… Daddy… its not intentional--” he said pleading to his daughter.

 

“Monster! I don’t care if you are her Father! You have no reason to hurt her! Hurt me instead!” I pushed Chairman Jung releasing my hold on his collar and made a Taekwondo fighting stance ready for his charge if ever he thinks of fighting a teenager like me. Well he already hurt me before, better to be ready.

 

What I did surely made him annoyed, forgetting what he did to his daughter. He charged on me trying to grab my shirt but I managed to dodge his attack. ... Chairman Jung is a Judoka, has a Red belt and eight degree Dan.

 

I circled him like a hawk my fist directed on him ready to strike if he does. The two of us in an intense battle of stares trying to see if who will give up. I’ll show you what i can do Chairman Jung!

 

He was trying to intimidate me with his judo stance, trying to grab me but he can’t get me. We were like two Mixed Martial Arts fighters inside the octagon cage with one goal in mind:

 

To outdo each other and win Soojung.

 

Let’s see if my second degree Black belt in Taekwondo will help me take him down!

 

“Come on Liu! Attack me! Let’s see what you got!”

 

“You’re crazy Mister Jung! Don’t make me lose my respect on you!”

 

“Dad! Amber! Stop it!” Soojung went to the middle, trying to stop the fight that is going to happen. I don’t care if he is a man!

 

He again swatted Soojung away from us forcefully sending his daughter to the couch and successfully grabbed me by the shirt. His grasp on my shirt was so tight trying to lift me up but I used all my strength and grasp on his sweater holding my ground. … he is strong!

 

“Dad please don’t do it!”

 

“You think you can defeat me Liu?! I don’t want you for my daughter so stay away from her! I’m going to make sure the two of you won’t end up together!” he was trying to sweep his feet in my legs so I will lose my balance. ! Soojung said before her Dad is good in throwing! She showed a sample Judo throw to me before with me as the one she threw on the floor. This is just like what she did to me back then…

 

I found a chance and lifted my feet giving him a kick on his shin but it only made Chairman Jung madder than the Mad Hatter. Yikes!

 

“You kicked me?!”

 

“I’m sorry sir but you started it!”

 

“Amber! Why did you kick Dad!” I gritted my teeth still trying to out wit the old man. Gah… Lord in Heavens please give me strength! “Arrrrrgggghhhhh! Stop it now Mister Jung! Your daughter and I will end up together I promise you that! She’s going to be the Mother of my child!”

 

“Fool! That won’t happen! Impossible! I will never let you touch my daughter!”

 

“Too late!”  Amber you just dug your own grave!

 

“WHAT!!!!!!?Arrrrrrggggggg!!!!” Oh !! He lifted my body with all of his might amidst the shouting of Soojung on the background stopping him. Lord please let me live! I promise not to touch Soojung for a week just spare me!!! (T__T)

 

“Stop it you two! Samchon! Call the guards help me here!”

 

“Mister Jung I was just kidding!”

 

“Arrrggghhh!!!” he swiped his feet again on my leg but luckily I’m more younger and faster than him. Bending my legs, I launch myself and gave him another kick that landed on his stomach making him drop his hold on me clutching the part where my feet landed. Oh .

 

Soojung immediately went to his side panicking that made me panic too. Mister Jung was on the floor looking like in a lot of pain. Damn did I kicked him that hard!? “Mister Jung are you okay!!!?”

 

“Daddy! I told you to stop but you’re too stubborn! Are you okay!? Amber!” Soojung turned to me with worry in her eyes “Please ask the guards to call an Ambulance!”

 

“Don’t call an Ambulance! I am okay!” he sat on the floor rubbing the part I kicked, glaring so madly at me. Yikes.

 

“Are you sure--”

 

“IS IT TRUE??!”

 

His glare on me was so deadly like daggers shooting trying to kill me. He suddenly turned to Soojung who was beside him holding his arm and swatted it away like he was so disgusted on his daughter. “IS IT TRUE SOOJUNG?! YOU LET HER TOUCH YOU!?”

 

Biting her lips, Soojung stared back at her Father and slowly nodded. The color on Chairman Jung’s face drained while meeting his precious daughter’s stare. There isn’t any regret in Soojung’s face… just pure courage dealing with the truth she told her Father.

 

He carefully stood up with pure rage in his eyes as he turned his attention to me. His jaw clenching and his hands balling up on his sides ready to grab me again and possibly slam me to pulp again and again because of the knowledge he learned. Soojung was holding him, grabbing his arms while he was advancing to where I am standing.

 

… what to do Amber!? You fool! You shouldn’t have said it!

 

“You… defiled… my daughter.”

 

“Sir, it was c-consensual.” I looked at Soojung giving her a signal to stop her Dad and we should run away now. She gave me a nod mouthing “Go!” as she held her Father by the arm stopping him.

 

“Dad! Come on stop this… please calm down…”

 

“How can I calm down if I learned personally from my own daughter that she gave herself to someone not worthy for her?! You are still a minor for Christ’ sake Soojung!” he grabs Soojung’s both arms to face him, me readying myself in any case that he hurts his daughter “Have you gone mad? What happened to you? Soojung… you aren’t like this before. You always listen to me… you know what I do is right for you. She is not the right one for you Soojung… two girls are not meant to be together because it is a sin. Please… if you are still in the right mind and if you still love me as your Father… break up with her… leave her. She is not good for you and our family!”

 

Soojung shook her head firmly to her Father, her eyes watering. She turned her attention to me then back at her Father then spoke with her voice breaking. The emotions overwhelming me… enough to make me tear up too.

 

“I… I love Amber Dad and its not a mistake. I gave it to her willingly and I don’t regret anything because I know we will still be together whatever happens. No, I will not break up with her. I won’t leave her.”

 

The two of them stared at each other… Chairman Jung loosening his hold on Soojung’s arms. His fist closing tightly ready to battle anyone. His chest heaving like trying to control his anger that anytime will erupt and I know why…

 

Its because of me again.

 

Soojung chose me again over him.

 

“Then you leave me with no choice Soojung. Because I will make a way for the two of you not to see each other again. I agreed to someone it will be after your graduation but because of what I learned today…” What did he say?… Agreed to someone?… “I should keep you from seeing her starting tonight.” What?!

 

He looks like a raging bull… and it scares me. Because his eyes are dark… dark pools of rage that sends chill to my bones. I took a few steps back widening the gap between us and my back was met with a wall. Bad decision.

 

He launched in big strides and in a blink was already grabbing my collar pulling me hard. “Sir please calm down… you’re scaring Soojung!” my shirt! If its my neck its probably snapped into two now!

 

“There is nothing you can do or your Father do. Don’t ever see my daughter again!” I held on his wrist trying to free myself but he is too strong. Even Soojung is trying to pull his arms to get his grip off me, her face showing fear and worry, anxiety. Thus is too much for her in one night.

 

“Sir please I’ll do anything just accept us!”

 

“Never! Get out of my house you dyke!” he raised his fist and I know what it means. I closed my eyes waiting for the slam of his closed fist on my face and the pain it will inflict but it didn’t happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*SLAP!*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The echo of the slap made me open my tightly shut eyes. All I see is the red mark of Soojung’s palm on Chairman Jung’s blank face and his tight grip on me loosening, his hands dropping on his side.

 

Both me and Chairman Jung stopped and stood in the middle of their living room with Soojung in between us... her hands still in the air after slapping her own Father. The two of them were staring at each other... Chairman Jung’s eyes that was filled with hatred over me staring at his daughter Soojung… her eyes filled with tears and pity for her Father. “D-dad…”

 

“S-soojung… w-why…”

 

Soojung broke down into tears and launch herself to her Father hugging him tight. Chairman Jung was just standing on his spot, frozen and looking so hurt, confuse. Confuse on why his favorite daughter who turned into a rebel slapped him.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry Dad… I’m really sorry…” I reached for Soojung tentatively, but stopped midway and let her be. I think this is bound to happen…

 

Chairman Jung calling me with that ‘word’… dyke. A word use to hurt people like us. Soojung doesn’t like that word… she told me its inappropriate and hurtful.

 

It took a lot of courage for Soojung to do that to her Father… to stop him and do something drastic. Because the moment he hurts me it can cause a scandal… a big scandal not just between our two families but also to the business world.

 

“I have to do it Dad… or you will lose yourself because of anger… I can’t let you hurt Amber… I love her Dad and I don’t want you to be hurt too because I love you…”

 

“Please don’t hurt Amber… please…” Soojung was crying helplessly in her Father’s chest. I want to console her and make the bad feeling go away…

 

Even though she and her Father has a war going on because of me, Soojung loves her Father very much. Even if sometimes she says she hates him I know she loves her Father.

 

I saw how the mighty Chairman of SSJ Holdings became emotional, his eyes watering with tears that anytime will fall. His eyes still directed at me, hatred was gone and replaced with sorrow. Getting out of his shock, his trembling hands slowly reached for his crying daughter’s head and started it. He is brokenhearted… “S-soojung… S-sorry…”

 

“Please… just stop it Dad…” I swallowed a lump in my throat trying to fight the feeling of tearing up too because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter