The Deal

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HERE'S OUR UPDATE FOR TODAY :)

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR 600 SUBS :) 

PEACE YOW!~

P.S. VIC'S DRAMA IS GOOD I SUGGEST YOU ALL WATCH IT GUYS IN YOUTUBE IT ALREADY HAS AN ENGLISH SUBTITLE. :) #moonshineandvalentine

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 16

 

 

GONG-JJL TOWERS

 

“Sir, you have a visitor outside..”

 

Hangeng checked his watch before raising his eyes and furrowing his brows to his secretary Mister Lee who was standing by the doorway of his office. He was busy fixing his things and putting all the documents he signed on the tray. He’s not expecting any visitors by this time because he plans on going home early. His wife sent him a message saying she’s making his favorite Jjajangmyun noodles and the kids are waiting for him. He can’t wait to go home and eat with his family, share some stories.

“Who is it? I have to get home early you know that Mister Lee. The noodles are waiting!”

 

“Sir--”

 

“Its me.”

The moment he heard the voice, Hangeng’s lips formed a smirk. Ah… his beloved nemesis/future in-law of Amber is here.

 

It was Chairman Jung Yunho of the SSJ Holdings paying an unannounced visit on his tower. Chairman Jung entered his office even without an invitation from him and stood in front of his table with hands inside the pocket of his pants.

“We need to talk Chairman Liu.”

 

Looks like the noodles will have to wait.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The view of your building roof top is nice…”

 

The Liu patriarch flicked the bud of his cigarette releasing the smoke from his lips. The two powerful men of the Korean business society standing side by side in the roof top of Gong-JJL Towers admiring the view of the nearby city.

 

Instead of talking inside his office, Chairman Liu invited his counter part to the top of his tower to have a private chat. The latter obliged and together they rode the elevator going up. Even in the elevator both of them are quiet sizing up each other. The older Liu knows why the head of the Jung clan wants to talk to him. Its about his precious daughter. The precious daughter whom is now staying at their residence since last night because of a misunderstanding with her Father.

 

“Thank you Chairman Jung… What can I do for you by the way? You said you wanted to talk…?”

 

“You know what I came for, Chairman Liu.”

 

“If its about the kids then I’m all ears.”

 

Chairman Jung took a puff of his cigarette, inhaling the poisonous smoke that his lips released before he spoke facing Chairman Liu who has his hands inside his pocket ready to hear what the Jung patriarch wants to say. He knew this time will come.

 

“My daughter and your daughter. Why is your daughter acting like that?”

 

“Act like what?” Chairman Liu ask raising his eyebrows. “If you are talking about my daughter being a tomboy then I don’t have to explain to you what she is. My daughter is not doing anything wrong, she is an intelligent kid, sensitive at times but a loving daughter and sister. She loves your daughter so much and promised to protect Soojung. She went through a lot when she was still living in Los Angeles and a few months before in their school. I am not going to let anyone hurt her again. Including you.”

 

“It was an accident yesterday.”

 

“What would you feel if I do that to Soojung?” Chairman Jung’s jaw clench at the mention of his youngest daughter. He will not let anyone hurt her daughter.

 

“I will hurt you first before you can hurt her.”

 

“Exactly Chairman Jung, exactly. We both love our daughters and will do everything to protect them from hurt. I am protecting my daughter because I love her, that’s why I will do everything for her… even accept what she is because she is happy being her. Your daughter became a source of her joy too, I can see and feel that what they have for each other is real. They are happy together…”

 

“But it isn’t right! Don’t you care about what the people will say?! If their relationship is leaked to the press, to the media--”

 

The older Liu snickered and sighed. “Yunho, you care about your reputation than your daughter’s reputation?!”

 

“Her reputation is my reputation! My reputation is the company’s reputation! I won’t let anyone spread gossip about our family and my daughter’s sinful relationship with your daughter! They are still young, it can still change. Maybe this is just a phase from them, an experiment. So I’m telling you now Hangeng, as early as possible… tell your daughter to stop that experiment they are doing and never go near my daughter.”

 

Flicking the bud of his cigarette, Chairman Jung met Chairman Liu’s smug look. How can he be so cool about this situation?! Even supporting his daughter!? The annoyed Chairman thought. Its going to be a big scandal if his rivals in the industry will find out about the glitch in their family. Having a daughter who is having an abnormal relationship with her same kind and not just anyone, its with the daughter of his greatest rival in the industry. This can’t go on for long, he has to separate them while its still early.

 

Chairman Liu read the expression of the man he considers as his business rival. Their companies has been rivals for years, a rivalry that started with his Father in-law and the Elder Jung. It was a healthy competition between two companies, their companies helped the economy of the country to where it is now. Providing services, introducing new products and technology, building houses and leisure hubs for the entertainment of the whole population.

 

But the moment the Elder Jung died years ago from a rumored overdose (which their company refuted saying it was Cardiac Arrest), his only son and heir to the position came back from America to run the company. Jung Yunho proved to be good on his job and brought the SSJ Holdings to a higher ground. Partnering with global brands and entering the global market. Something that Gong-JJL has been doing for a long time. It wasn’t a healthy competition anymore, it became a real competition.

 

Chairman Liu knew from that night he was awarded the trophy for being the Businessman of the Year, Chairman Jung Yunho of SSJ Holdings will be his biggest rival and hater. He saw it from the man’s eyes that night, he saw the determination to beat him.

 

And until now, Chairman Jung is still trying his best to beat him in that category. Being the best businessman every year. It was just an award but due to his arrogance and love for challenge it became his obsession. To beat Liu Hangeng and finally get the title of being the best.

 

He will do everything just to beat him.

 

“Why will I do that? Don’t you get it Yunho? Breaking those two apart will cause them to rebel. They are in this time of their lives having the mindset that no one can break them, even their families. Even their Fathers…” Chairman Liu shook his head and chuckled while looking at the other man’s annoyed face. He lit another cigarette, his second only for today taking a hit and puffing the smoke after. “If you really love your daughter, listen to her. Let her tell you what’s on her mind and what she feels… get to know her more than drive her away. This is a form of advice from a Father to a Father…” he patted Chairman Jung’s back gently and smiled. “Giving them support is the best move we can do for now. If they fall down, lets pick them up. Its what they need… I know its not going to be easy to accept it Yunho, but eventually you will. Soojung is still Soojung. She’s still the daughter you love and cherish, she loves you with all her heart. You brought her up good and with values, very smart and intelligent too. Its just that… her heart beats for my daughter. You can’t do anything about that.”

 

Too stunned to speak, Chairman Jung just stared at his rival mincing the words the latter said. Even his wife told him the same thing last night about supporting their daughter and respecting her decision on who to love. Which for him is not acceptable because he has this old school mindset that the only person who can decide about his daughters’ life is him. He will be the one to decide who they will marry and there is nothing they can do about that.

 

Chairman Liu gave him a kind smile patting his shoulders before he started to walk back to the elevator that brought them there at the roof top. He was already by the elevator entrance when Chairman Jung called him, halting him on his spot. He turned around to face the other Chairman who now has a confident look on his face.

 

“Let’s make a deal, Hangeng.”

 

“Yunho, the kids’ life is not something to make a deal.”

 

“Its the only way we can come up with an agreement. If I beat you, just once, in the Businessman of the Year Category starting this year… I want you to order your daughter to leave Soojung at once and never bother her anymore. Because I have far more greater things planned for my daughter’s life than be a partner of your daughter for life. Even the Church won’t agree to the relationship they have.”

 

He can’t believe what he just heard. Coming from the mouth of the man Soojung said last night as the Father who loves her and won’t let anyone to hurt her.

 

If Yunho wins, two hearts will be broken… two lives will forever change… Hangeng thought. If I win and hopefully every year I do, no one will get hurt… except Yunho who is hurt until the time comes he accepts his daughter.

 

Ridiculous. His mind said.

 

“That is the most ridiculous deal I ever heard in my entire life Yunho. Seriously?! Don’t you know what is at stake here??? Its your daughter’s happiness!”

 

“Its temporary happiness she’s feeling right now, she’s just confused. Sooner or later she will realize that what she and your daughter have is not a relationship they can have for a lifetime. They will be mocked and be a topic of prejudice and disgust. I’m just saving her from a huge disaster.”

 

“You’re saving yourself and your company for a huge disaster, not your daughter.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter