26

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! JUST A SHORT AND BORING UPDATE :)

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

 

 

PRESENT TIME

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

“This, my son, is Mommy and Appa’s old high school…” Awww~ this fool. I smiled to myself hearing Amber say it to Chub chub. The two of them were walking ahead on the path way going to the entrance of the building, Amber carrying our very cute cub in her sturdy arms while showing him the place where Mommy and Appa met .

 

Its been 10 years, a lot of things has changed.

 

But the Oak tree is still standing proudly holding every memory we had back then. The steps where we used to hang out, wait for each other in the morning when we were still starting. Seeing the place again after such a long time brings back good and precious memories I wouldn’t exchange for anything.

 

And one bad memory I wanted to forget but failed to do so because its part of our life.

 

“See that parking lot Chub-chub? That is where Mommy made a fool out of Appa’s Korean skills.” Hahaha!!! I laughed out loud following them. Some students passing by are looking curiously at our small family having a tour of the campus. “Mommy won’t give up her parking space that’s why we spent our first day of classes inside the Principal’s office!”

 

“Tsss… it was your fault! Umm!” I smack her head playfully that made Philippe burst into giggles. Hahaha! Always the happy one when I abuse his Appa. We’ve been here in Seoul for three weeks now and he easily adopted to the country. His eyes always full of wonders when we take him for walks at Hangang Park in the morning or when he accompanies me to the exhibition hall strapped on my body like a Koala.

 

We sat on the steps and marveled at the place where it all started. How time flies… its different when you see a place in present time than when you were in it back to the past. The place looks bigger back then from where we are sitting now, the usual place Amber and I will hang out with Vic unnie, Sunyoung, and Jinri.

 

But looking at it now, it seems small… or is it because we already aged?

 

Tsss… we’re only at our 28th year hahaha! We are not that old… just a little experienced about life.

 

The two of them really look so cute together! I can’t help but smile while watching my two babies beside me. Amber keeps on talking to Chub-chub pointing at every place she wants our son to see while the chubby boy stares at her with his cute eyes like he understands what his Appa says, then he will smile so cutely and wiggle his feet. God… all those hardships and I get these blessings.

 

I don’t regret choosing Amber over everything.

 

She’s the best decision I ever made.

 

“You see that road where we were walking a while ago Philippe? That road leads to the gate of the school. Appa and Mommy will be walking there with your Aunties then we will stay there at the waiting area when Aunt Jackie and Aunt Jess will fetch us from school. Appa will carry Mommy’s camera bag because its heavy…” Tsss… she still remembers those kind of things?!

 

“Appa has a scar on her knee because I tripped while running after Mommy…” Even… THAT.

 

Her eyes became soft while looking ahead on that path… maybe remembering that day. I smiled wistfully watching her because the memories all came flooding back. Chub-chub patted her cheeks trying to get his Appa’s attention then gave his gummy smile. This chubby boy really knows when to comfort us, just a smile from him all sadness and worries disappear.

 

I reached for the back of her head it lovingly. She turned to me with a wistful smile and both of us shared that memory just by looking at each others’ eyes, inside our own bubble like the old times.

 

That road where she was running after me, me inside the car with my parents… crying and pounding the glass yelling her name while seeing her trying her best to stop the moving car. When she tripped and stumbled on the ground until I can’t see her anymore…

 

I can still remember it all…

 

How Dad dragged me inside the back seat of our car…

 

Mom holding me too, holding my hands tight with a sorry expression on her face. Tears falling from her eyes while I bawl in tears and try to fight Dad to release me from his tight hold. Amber being restrained by Dad’s bodyguards shouting my name…

 

If her Samchon didn’t interfere and punched the guy who was holding Amber, maybe the running scene wouldn’t have happened. It was a big scene… a big scene after the Graduation rights. Students, parents, teachers… all of them watching the drama unfolding.

 

 

It was just like yesterday…

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

I have to think of a way to divert their attention…

 

 

“James, Robert Jr., Johnson, Paul…”

 

I stood up from my seat amongst the crowd of fellow students graduating today. Ending the three years we spent on this school doing our best to succeed and land offers, pass university entrance exams. Make our family proud…

 

I took a secret glance at my parents who are sitting at the other side together with other parents watching the ceremony. Dad’s men are all around the auditorium, standing in locations they can see me. I feel like a prisoner, a terrorist being watched by agents ready to get me once I do a move to run away.

 

This is the day Amber and I have been waiting for. Go big or go home. I say Go Big!

 

But how the hell are we going to do it!?

 

Think Soojung!

 

They are everywhere blending on the crowd! I even see two of them near where Amber is sitting one row apart from me but at the end. I’m not even focusing on the ceremony itself since it started an hour ago. My focus is on Amber, the two of us looking at each other, no words being exchanged. I didn’t see Uncle Hangeng earlier. Amber said yesterday when we were talking that her Dad is in L.A. dealing with an emergency regarding their company. Only Aunt Sun-ah is here and her Samchon plus 2 guards.  

 

She has a small bandaged on her forehead. I remember before I passed out after the incident that she has a cut just above her right eyebrow and it was bleeding while looking down at me. Mom said Amber also passed out moments after, I think its because of the blood. She hates seeing blood and its smell. When we were talking and crying over the phone yesterday she said her ankle was sprained but now it feels okay after sleeping for 3 days.

 

Three days! Three freaking days she was sleeping because of the medicine injected on her when she was having a breakdown at the hospital. Mom told me Amber was looking for me that day and made a scene asking for Uncle Hangeng to bring her to me. I was still unconscious back then Mom said, if I was awake maybe I already went to her side and join her.

 

Amber said she will do everything today to take me away. We will go to the country side and hide with her Samchon’s family. She said she already asked her Samchon a favor and he obliged, a secret only the two of them knows. It is the only way for the two of us to be together. I can’t live without her…

 

Me and my schoolmates made our way to the side of the stage in a straight line, waiting for our names to be called to go up and receive our diploma. My eyes are locked with Amber even though I am in front of everyone, not minding the stares I get. Even Dad’s glare and his men’s watchful eye.

 

“Jang, Martin Myungcheol… Jeong, Sammy… Jin, Linda.. “ I readied myself and gave Amber a slight nod, breaking our connection because I have to go up in the stage. “Jung, Soo Jung…” I smiled to the teachers lined up on the stage giving diplomas and wishing students well but deep inside I’m breaking in a million pieces. The desire to end the ceremony once and for all is screaming from inside me.  

 

“Miss Jung will also receive a special award for being a Top Student of our school, maintaining her spot in the Top Five Overall standing since she was a Freshman. She was also accepted by the three Ivy League schools in the United States and has chosen Harvard University to take her degree. And another award for being a model student of our school and bringing pride when she won a prestigious Photography Contest by Chosun Ilbo and Korea Times. Please give her a round of applause for her achievements…” Principal Campbell handed me my diploma with a smile on her face. It was a proud smile laced with understanding. She knows what is happening… Dad already talked to her about me and Amber.

 

I gave her a grateful smile and bowed my head in respect. She has been very understanding and kind with us from the start. I don’t know how to thank her, she’s one of the people who encourages me with my photography.    

 

“I wish you well Jung Soo Jung, good luck.” she whispered at me.

 

I went down the stage and made my way back to my seat. Jinri was waving at me from her own seat in the front pointing at her cellphone, I shook my head to let her know that I don’t have one. Dad confiscated my phone and other form of communication device I can use to contact Amber. He also has Mom under his command, I don’t know what happened between them but it seems Mom has to follow him in exchange of something. If its in exchange of my freedom from Dad’s stupidity then I will forever be grateful to my Mother. For giving birth to me and raising me, giving me love and everything I need, even the freedom I badly need in this moment of my life.

 

It was nerve wracking, my palms are sweaty waiting for the ceremony to end. Amber went to the stage to get her diploma and her award too for being a Top Student. When she went down she made a detour and walked near my seat in a cool manner even though the guards are slowly advancing to where we are. She dropped something on the ground that I immediately covered with my shoes.

 

I waited for the right moment before picking it up discreetly. Its a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter