New Year, Coming heartbreak.

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! ONE WORD:

UPDATE.

Peace yow~

 

 

SOO  JUNG’S POV

 

 

The school year started and I became busy with my studies same as Amber. Completing all our requirements for the College Application, we sent all of it to the Universities we want to be accepted. By the end of September all three Universities - Harvard, Princeton, and Yale replied to us acknowledging our applications. They will be reviewing it and gave us the schedules of interview that is needed. Informing us that Letters of Acceptance will be released by March next year. I’m crossing all my fingers for Harvard.

 

We celebrated our birthdays together with family and friends. Our Mothers hosted a private party inviting only a few people that is closest to us and held it in the Liu’s garden this time since my Father told my Mother he doesn’t want a Liu stepping inside his residence. Yup, his despise for Amber intensified once again after that Helicopter get away we did. He doesn’t want to see Amber’s face ever or his mood changes. Tsss… so immature of Dad.   

 

 

“Soojung, Dad is looking for you!”

 

I rolled my eyes at my older sister and took my back pack from my study desk. Its a very cold Friday morning and I have to go to school early for a meeting that Sunyoung will facilitate in preparation for an annual school event before we take our Christmas break. Leaving so early means not meeting Dad. Even on the breakfast table.

 

“Unnie, just tell him I already left. We have an early meeting at the newspaper office…” I swung my camera bag on my right shoulder when unnie held me by the arm. “Soojung, you can’t do this forever.”

 

Sigh. “If he keeps on ignoring me then I’ll ignore him too. If he keeps on disrespecting me as his daughter and the person I chose to be with then watch me do this forever unnie.”

 

“Soojung! Don’t be such a ! That’s our Father right outside this room, who owns this house and feeds you!” maybe its because of the heated speech coming from my older sister or maybe I was really hurt. I took off Jessica unnie’s grip on my arm in a slightly harsh way and met her challenging gaze with the intensity that makes the air inside my room so thick. ?! She called me a !?

 

Deep breaths Soojung… deep breaths….

 

That is your sister… your older sister…

 

Don’t lose your cool….

 

Think about your sister who can’t have the freedom you have… it hurts her too Soojung…

 

But I still don’t want to see Dad or eat with him in one table. What he did to me in Busan is unforgivable… he lied to me! He made me believe its just the two of us… a bonding just like before and fix the misunderstanding we have.

 

All was just a lie. A plot to bring me in our hotel and meet the sons of those businessmen… potential husbands tsk tsk tsk. He won’t stop until Amber and I are separated. We’re not doing anything bad! Loving her is never a bad thing and being with her is the best decision I made.

 

“I may be a unnie… but I’m just standing up for myself. What he did to me in Busan is something I will not forget. Providing me shelter and food is his responsibility as our Father, but pimping his daughter is not an acceptable act. If its just one guy I could have given him a chance to explain but a party of young men?!”

 

Jessica unnie sighed, embracing herself in front of me. After the Holidays she will be leaving again going back to Harvard Business School doing her Masteral studies, leaving me all alone. She was in a short Holiday break from school and chose to go home to spend it with us. She and Mom are the only family I trust in this house, I don’t even trust my own Father anymore. “I don’t like what he did to you Soojung but please, at least give him the respect he deserves as our Father. Please… do this for unnie. Just this once…” the gloominess of her voice melting the defenses I have.

 

For Jessica unnie…

 

I gave unnie a nod earning a smile of relief from her. “Just so you know unnie, I’m earning a little money selling my photos so basically I don’t leech off him now.” she gave me a snort pulling my hair playfully that made me whine. She wrapped her left arm on my waist dragging me outside of my room.

 

“Sure Miss Photographer, sure. I saw the photo you entered for the contest in the newspaper, congratulations smart !”

 

“Tsss… thanks unnie~…” we smiled at each other and I saw how proud she is of my small achievement. Chosun Ilbo published my works and I won a little money hehehe… saving it for next year as my pocket money once we fly to U.S. for our studies. I still get my usual monthly allowance but Dad reduced it at almost 50%, my credit card was also confiscated. I’m just lucky Amber is always with me, when I needed to buy some important things she buys it for me.

 

I can’t even buy a shirt for her now without checking how much money I have left in my wallet!

 

Samchon my driver was transferred to our company so that left me without a trusted driver to drive me to school. Yeah… that’s how much my Father is punishing me after Busan. He took away the comforts, that in the first place I don’t really need before but he insisted when I came home from San Francisco. Even though Mom wanted to drive for me Dad forbid her saying I have to learn a lesson. All they do every night is fight, Mom is starting to be fed up with Dad and lobbying for Samchon to comeback as my driver but Dad is really a tough nut to crack. He said he will only give back everything once I break up with Amber. I told Mom its okay… that I don’t want them fighting over me.

 

The first week that I don’t have a car, I made booking arrangements with a taxi company to pick me up in front of our gate and drive me to school. Mom gave me money to pay for the fare. Amber didn’t know about it then because I don’t want her to worry but eventually she found out and scolded me. Saying its dangerous especially that I am a girl and alone.

 

So the day after that, she started picking me up every morning with her Samchon driving. She exchanged her sports car for a sedan since it has comfortable seats at the back. Every morning she will pick me up without fail and will drive me home too. Mom told me she already had a talk with Aunt Sun-ah saying her thanks and apologies. Sigh… I don’t even know now what to do with Mom…

 

She still goes with Dad when he has overseas trips leaving me in the care of the Lius. They fight about me, about Dad’s stubbornness and Dad getting mad at her for always siding with Amber. One time I heard them fighting that Mom threatened Dad she will leave him when the time comes she gets so fed up with him. That her patience for Dad is already hanging by a thread. Fear entered my heart… I may be stubborn too and having a bad relationship with Dad but I don’t want them to part just because of me. I know how much they love each other…

 

After that incident in Busan, my relationship with Dad became even more sour. I can’t stand being under his presence anymore… I simply wanted the year to end and fast forward to the day I will leave the country to study abroad.

 

Just a few more months Soojung… days will go by so fast you won’t even notice it.

 

When we arrived at the dining area, Dad is already seated at the head of the table reading his newspaper. Mom went out of the kitchen holding a cup of coffee and brown paper bag, she saw me and smiled “Soojung, I already made your breakfast sandwich that you requested…”

 

“Thanks Mom…” she handed the bag to me my head after with affection. I smiled at her full of gratitude for every thing she is doing for me. “Jessica unnie wants to eat with me…” I pouted at her.

 

“Then have a seat and eat now, Amber will be here anytime.” I shared a look with Mom feeling all the tension in the air. My eyes taking a peek at Dad who doesn’t even say a word but I saw an arrogant smirk at the side of his lips meaning he didn’t like what he heard. Looks like I have to endure this moment of silence again.

 

I sat beside Jessica unnie and we started to have our breakfast. The dining room was filled with silence, only the clinking of utensils can be heard. Back then when I was young I always look forward for breakfast with my parents… all of it changed when Dad changed.

 

After finishing my breakfast of Bacon and Egg sandwich quietly, Jessica unnie and I looked at each other and shared a smile. I missed her… so much. She patted my cheeks and reached for my mouth dabbing it with a table napkin. Even Jessica unnie can feel the tension between me and Dad that she chuckled and laughed a little to break it. Better to keep quiet than hear another sarcasm from Dad. “You’re such a kid… still has crumbs of bread in your chin!”

.

“I missed you unnie~… but I have to go to school. Let’s go out later after?”

 

“Sure!--”

 

“Jessica…” both of us sisters turned our attention to Dad whose eyes are still on the newspaper he is reading. Great.. just great. Breaking our Jungsis moment. (-__-)

 

My phone vibrated on my pocket, when i checked it was a message from Amber telling me she’s already outside the house waiting. My fingers quickly tapped on the phone composing a short reply to her while listening to Dad and unnie have a conversation.

 

“The annual party will be held on the 30th, be ready. Arasso?” oh… its the annual awards night again… Chairman Jung Yunho’s most awaited night of the year, hoping to finally snatch the title from my future Father-in-law Chairman Liu Hangeng… Should I just ask Uncle Hangeng to give it to Dad for just one time? So his obsession to be the greatest will stop.

 

“Yes Dad...”

 

Standing up from my seat, I took my bags on the floor and bowed at Mom and on Dad’s direction saying goodbye. “I have to go now Mom, Jessica unnie… Amber’s already outside!~”

 

“Take care honey!”

 

I was already turning my back when Dad suddenly spoke in a cold tone that made me stop where I am standing.

 

“Soojung, you will also accompany us on the 30th. No buts.”

 

Sigh. Fine… its just an awards night anyway. Uncle Hangeng will be there too… so maybe I can ask Amber to convince her Dad to bring her too so I won’t be bored. Taking a deep breath, I nodded at him and bowed deeply. “Yes, Dad. Amber will probably be there too… at least it won’t be a boring night.” and made my way outside without saying goodbye, leaving my furious Father shouting my name to get back.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

School….

 

 

“At the awards night?! Why are you going with them?” I flicked Amber’s forehead for the third time pinching her nose after. Cute~! “YAH!”

 

“Why are you so cute?~” she pouted at me like a cute puppy while I pull both her puffed cheeks. I don’t know why but I like playing with her face like this hehehe…

 

“Aww… awww… S-soojung…”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you! Dad ordered me!”

 

“But I don’t like going on parties like that!”

 

“So you want me to attend the party with Dad?! Remember Busan?!”

 

Her eyes suddenly turned alert, her body straightened up that made me laugh because she looks like an alert puppy. “I like parties! I’ll be there!” I looked around the area, checking if anyone is watching before giving a quick kiss on her lips that made her smile so cute with her cheeks turning red. The four of us are hanging out under the Oak tree sitting on the grass except Jinri who is lying, her head on Sunyoung’s lap.

 

“OH GOD! Ugh! My eyes!”

 

“Hey love birds! We’re here! Yoohoo!! Still here!” hahaha! I let go of Amber’s cheeks and leaned my head on Sunyoung’s shoulders saying sorry to her. “Hey… Mianhe. Don’t be sad Sunyoung… there are still a lot of guys out there who is better than Leo…” Jinri burst out laughing when I received a pinch on my thigh from the grumpy Sunyoung. “AWWW!”

 

Turns out Leo who she has been dating unofficially for a year has a girlfriend studying in the U.S. but he didn’t tell Sunyoung about it. Our friend only found out last week when we accompanied her to the Mall to buy a gift for her ‘boyfriend’ only to see him inside a restaurant being sweet and lovey dovey with a girl tall enough to be a bamboo like Jinri. Ouch. Major heart break when Sunyoung saw them kissed… it was like a scene in a TV drama. She marched inside the restaurant surprising Leo then without any words took the plate of pasta on the table and dumped it over Leo’s head then said ‘Enjoy your pasta liar!’ then with her chin up, left the restaurant with her pride still intact.

 

“Stop mentioning his name!”

 

I giggled with Jinri the two of us making a zipping motion across our mouths. I straightened up stretching my limbs feeling so light and cheery. Its cold outside but bearable, my long padding and thick hoodie (Amber’s hoodie) making me warm enough. Amber reached for my hair fixing it lovingly before cupping my cheek with one hand, her smile so warm and full of hope it can make all bad things in life disappear. Damn… just a smile and it warms my heart in a snap. Our eyes lingered at each other, the two of us enclosed again inside our own bubble that no one can ever enter.

 

“I love you Amber…Thank you.” I mumbled at her without a sound, my lips punctuating every word with a sweet smile. I rested my face on the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent that I love to sniff the hell out of her. Pure Heaven…

 

She nuzzled her nose on my ear and whispered words that made me smile in content while circling her arms around my waist pulling me closer to her “I am so in love with you Jung Soo Jung…”

 

“Amber… I can do this… right?…” I don’t know what to do anymore with Dad! He is stressing me out instead of me stressing out in our College applications.

 

Her hand patted my head and whispered again “WE can do it Soojung-ah… WE CAN. Just a few more months baby…” I nodded my head from her neck and closed my eyes

 

Not minding the chattering voices of our friends, we stayed in the same position until the bell rang signaling the end of our classes and the start of our Winter break. A very much awaited break from our studies because we deserve it and to be able to spend our Holidays without worrying much about the outcome of our College applications.

 

Until when will Dad continue on trying to break the two of us apart?

 

If only he will open his eyes and his heart, he will see how much Amber is good for me than any other son of chaebols around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

December 31, 2007

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

I checked my reflection on the mirror of the hotel comfort room for the 4th time tonight, making sure my hair is styled in a nice way that Soojung will like. I had the side shaved by Jackie earlier this morning then retained the tousled look that my Soojung loves.

 

Sigh. Instead of spending and celebrating New Year’s Eve in our own backyard, Dad announced that the annual businessman awarding ceremony was moved from the 30th to the 31st. He said this night is very important for him, so important that he wants all of us to be with him tonight especially me.

 

I don’t know why but I noticed something strange about Dad this past few days after Christmas and leading to this day. Whenever Soojung will be in our house to visit me this whole holiday week, I always catch him looking at me and Soojung with a sad smile on his face. Then he will see me watching him and will throw a grin like nothing happened.

 

Then this afternoon while I was preparing inside my room, Dad knocked and entered with a big smile  but behind that smile I can see his nervousness. He took a good look at the striped white and light blue button down shirt I am wearing then helped me in putting on the blue Ralph Lauren sports coat, gave me a thumbs up and patted my shoulders after with a Father’s admiration and pride in his eyes. He told me to have a good time tonight and enjoy the fireworks later that the hotel will provide.

 

I would love to… but I have something else planned. (^__^)

 

I went out of the comfort room and made my way to the lobby lounge looking around, searching for the most beautiful Goddess I have been waiting for. The Jungs are still not here, I wonder where they are…

 

As if on cue, they arrived entering the hotel with Chairman Jung’s regality making him stand out. Well he is a handsome man… but of course I won’t exchange my handsome Father! He has Aunt Eugene beside him who is looking effortlessly elegant and beautiful too like her daughters. She saw me and send a kind smile on my direction where I stood up to bow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter