Second Day; First Year - Soojung's Dilemma

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS!!~ MISS ME?!

NO? OKAY :(

😉 Here is our most awaited continuation in Soojung's POV. I finally had the time to post it, I apologize chingus because I have to take care of my Mom. Her operation is a success and she's doing fine now. Thank you for all the messges of support and wishing her well.

I will be updating regularly now starting today so sit back, relax, and enjoy the chapter. 

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

"Where did I put my lens again?..." I asked myself for the fourth time while walking around my room. I stopped in the middle and slowly roamed my eyes in every corner checking if I will see even the small part of it. In the bookshelf, in my study desk, my bedside table where a small framed family portrait is resting.  

 

This is my everyday problem. Looking for my lens or any important thing I have that requires me to search for the item everyday. Be it my lens or my favorite half empty neon green gel pen.

 

I remember cleaning the lens last night til I fell asleep in my bed... hmmm… where did it go?!

 

Walking back to my bed near the window, I bended my knees crouching down on the carpet and took a peek under my bed.

 

Bingo!

 

There you are!

 

"My preciousss~~..." I mumbled to myself sounding like Gollum while reaching for my beloved camera lens. Dad gave it to me last Christmas as a gift so I better take care of it same as how I take care of my camera.

 

"Stop doing that Soojung! You sound like a weirdo!" I heard Jessica unnie's voice by the door and saw her folding the sleeve of her button down. “Next time you lose that lens again like yesterday, I will really put a tie around that thing and tie it around your neck! How many times will I tell you to fix everything you have to bring to school at night!?” Hahaha! She's just scared of that character in Lord of the Rings! She freaked out while we were watching it last night in the Entertainment Room. She threw the bowl of Popcorn when she heard "... My precioussss~~..."

 

"Oh, you mean this? *death rattle sound from THE GRUDGE* AHHHHHHHHH~~~....."

 

“JUNG SOOJUNG!!!!” kekekekeke…. (^_<)

 

I stood up immediately from the floor dodging my sister’s hair brush that she threw in annoyance, patting my jeans while holding the lens I placed it inside the camera bag together with my prized camera that I always bring. Jessica unnie entered my room and sat on my bed looking like the respectable 19-going-on-20 Business student that she is projecting. Not even minding my teasing at her like in the horror movie she dislikes so much. But I see a twitch in her eyebrows so I better stop now.

 

"Are you done preparing, Soojung? Let's go and I'll drop you off to school.." she gave me a look, like a run through of what I'm wearing while I'm closing my back pack. I stared back at her with a cute smile, knowing i passed her fashion test today.

 

Almost.

 

"Why do you have a bandana in your wrist?! Are you a gang member?! Do you have a boyfriend inside the prison?!.. Soojung, think about the meaning of what you wear...." Okayyyyyy she's starting again, she's nagging me again this early morning. Jessica unnie was still explaining to me the meanings of the bandanas in the American culture while I, took my back pack and wore it as I listen to her explain like Oprah.

 

There's no use stopping her, so better to just let her talk.

 

Its better to hear her nagging in the morning anyway than nothing. I actually missed this when I was still studying in San Francisco, the nagging and the bed time chats we always do when she visits me there in the U.S. at every school break.  

 

Making my way to the wall in my room where a rectangle size mirror is placed, I made a last look and applied a little bit of lip balm in my pale lips. Nice... I look like I ate a plate of greasy Peking Duck with a red tinge.

 

"Wait a minute... Is that Chapstick you're using?!" Duh~ I gave her a merong through her reflection in the mirror. She has her hands on her hips, her eye brows raised at me in a teasing manner. Whatever she is thinking, I don’t care.

 

"Yup~... Wae?" I know why she asked it... She's not used to see me wear anything other than powder in my face.

 

"Why are you using that?!"

 

"Uh. Because I have to hydrate and moisturize my lips so it won't be dry?..."

 

She raised her eyebrows again higher than the last one and wriggled it, still wondering why the sudden improvement from her stubborn little sister. I just woke up this morning feeling good~~...

 

I don't know why... But... I feel excited coming to school today. Maybe because I didn't get to attend the first day and now that its the second day, I'll finally be able to meet my new classmates and future friends...

 

.......

 

Who am I kidding?

 

I don't even have a lot of friends even back in San Francisco. I'm not the type of girl who easily gets acquainted with people my age. Why?

 

I prefer to be alone, sometimes walking in the park with my few chosen close friends back in SanFo... Sylvia and Kim, both Korean-Americans and my classmates in Grade School. I'm not the easy going type... Well... I do become easy going when I'm with friends but with strangers... No way.

 

Stranger...

 

Her face suddenly entered my mind again. I smiled to myself while remembering her annoyed face. It was cute.

 

But her smile is cuter.

 

It is...

 

I only got 2 hours of sleep because of HER.

 

After a round of nagging from unnie who gave me a sermon about keeping my things in one place and moving fast, we finally emerged from our house. Bowing goodbye with a smile at Mrs. Kim our House Keeper, we went outside the gate where her car is waiting. Her driver was standing beside the vehicle bowing at us before opening the door.

 

"Hurry! Chop chop! Or you'll be late again!"

 

“You go first!”

 

“A Queen doesn’t slide--”

 

“Who are you!? The Queen of Genovia!? Unnie! Just go inside!”

 

“I’m your sister and I’m older than you so when I say go inside first, GO INSIDE!”

 

“Till when are you going to be so immerse in that ‘Princess Diaries’ craze you have… tsk tsk tsk… I have a delusional sister who thinks she is Mia Thermopolis…”

 

“YAH!”

 

I rolled my eyes at Jessica unnie while entering her car and settling on the back seat. She entered at the opposite door and once she was settled, she instructed her driver / assistant to drop me off at my school. Jessica unnie said she has to be sure I won't be late again like yesterday or else she won't accompany me to buy a phone.

 

But I wasn't really late! I was early! Well... A few minutes early but had some minor misunderstanding regarding a parking space and bickered with the owner of the car. I just can't let my driver be treated that way, its not his fault.

 

The fault was really hers and mine. That ... That girl who I thought was a guy but turned out to be a girl. I don't know why... But when I found out he's a girl, I was relieved.

 

Why was I relieved?

 

Because there's this certain aura that pulls me to her... Like a magnet to metal.

 

"Soojung, do you belong to the same class as Amber?"

 

Amber...

 

That was her name.

 

I don't know why, but her name makes me smile. Gosh... My face feels hot... I feel like an idiot.

 

"I... I... I don't know unnie..." OMG!? What if she's in the same class as mine!?

 

"Jackie texted me this morning, she sends her apologies if her sister did anything harsh or stupid to you. Did she?..." I swallowed a lump on my throat while smiling at unnie, knowing that the moment she founds out what really happened yesterday she will evolve like Ben10.

 

"No-nothing like that unnie!" I answered my sister while shaking my head with a cute smile. I hid my wrist that has the bandana wishing she won't be nosy about the reason why I wear this. The mark was long gone since yesterday, it just turned red but not really that red. But still... It was thoughtful and sweet of Amber to think about apologizing and putting the bandana on my wrist to cover it. No one has done something like that to me before…

 

“Okay…” her cellphone rang after she said it. Its probably her best friend Yoona unnie…

 

I stared outside the window running the things I have to do today that I wasn’t able to do yesterday at school. Right… find the Library and Cafeteria plus the Office of the School Organ. And my first class of the day which is in Room 1 - A. Wherever that is…

 

Looking at the familiar roads of Seoul, I can’t help myself but miss the busy streets of San Francisco. I love that place, its where I am born. Yes, I am a Korean by blood but I was born in a foreign land. That didn’t stop me from embracing my own culture because my parents made sure I know my roots. A Jung should be a good example to the whole nation, to honor our ancestor who died for the country.  

 

My name is Jung Soojung, Krystal Jung in San Fo, Jung Soojung in Korea. Weirdo little sister of Jessica Jung, a 50/50 Business Management Student. What I mean by 50/50?

 

You all will learn it along the way… *evil grin*

 

Dad and Mom are both Koreans, my Dad belongs to the bloodline of General Jung Suk Dong of the Nara Jeong clan. He is the 28th First Born descendant of the brave General, etc. etc.

 

He heads my Grandpa’s company, SSJ Group, inheriting it five years ago after Grandpa Jung died in a Spa after having a massage one faithful, hot Summer day. I was still young then, barely 10 when I learned about Grandpa’s death, we all went home to Korea to attend his funeral and for Dad to assume the position in the company. I was really sad and crying when I learned about it because I love him so much but there’s nothing I can do but remember all the good memories we have. After the funeral, Dad decided to send me back to the U.S. and continue my studies while Jessica unnie stayed in Korea where she will continue hers. I thought back then it was unfair. Unfair because the three of them will be here together while I will be going back home feeling alone in the care of my Aunt. Dad wants me to study in the U.S. because it will be a good stepping stone for his plan for me to enter an Ivy League School of his choice.

 

After 5 years, Jessica unnie told me the reason why Grandpa died. Its not because of but because of being overdose in . The company released a false statement so to protect Grandpa’s image even after death. Such a pity… he never thought the pill that can make him go ‘up’ will make him go down in an instant.

 

Why am  I living in San Francisco?

 

Well… I love that place. Its where I was born and grew up. Dad met Mom in San Francisco when they were still University Masteral students. Mom is also a Korean coming from a respected family too, she got a scholarship and was completing her Masterals when she met Dad in a drinking bar with her friends. They have common friends and was introduced to each other. A month later, they decided to get married. Two months into their marriage, Mom got pregnant and that is Jessica unnie. They stayed in San Francisco living a normal life as a family, Dad was given a position by Grandpa in the San Francisco branch of his company. Five years later, I was born in the family and their life just got better. Hehehe…

 

They all thought Mom won’t get pregnant anymore because she had a miscarriage the year before I was born. They tried again and had me, their cute and beautiful daughter and the last because even if how hard they tried to have another baby (i don’t want to think that they are still trying until now but who knows?), its still unsuccessful. I know Dad wants to have a boy since both unnie and I are girls, and my Aunt Yoojin (his only sister and sibling) doesn’t have any plans of marrying and having kids due to being so workaholic. (There’s also a rumor that Jessica unnie told me, that Aunt Yoojin swings the other way and I have proofs but I didn’t tell unnie. I know how to keep a secret.)

 

I didn’t expect Dad to call one day and tell my Aunt that its time for me to go back home to Korea. All along I thought its my fate to live in SanFo and settle there but it seems Dad changed his mind and had another game plan. As if I have a say in my life… I’m just 15 and my parents know what is good for me so I don’t have any protest. Don’t get me wrong, I love my parents so much, my Dad is my hero. We share the same interest in Photography and gave me my first camera when I was 7 years old that until now I use. They visit me in San Francisco between school breaks and Holidays or sometimes I do visit them and spend a week in Korea. I’m fluent since birth, my parents made sure I know the language of our fore fathers.

 

“Soojung…”

 

“Yeah, unnie?…” I turned my attention to her and saw unnie holding her ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter