15 Days and Counting

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

I got an update for all of you!

Are you enjoying the story? Let me know! :D

Announcing the winner of our first Ephiechingu Give away PH Edition!!!!

*Drum rolls please!*

The winner is...

 

agentllama08 !! 

 

If you are reading this chapter now, Please do send me a Private message acknowledging it. I will get your details where I can send your prize.

Next Give Away question will be posted for our FOREIGN readers!

Enjoy the chapter, I will see you all again in our next update.

 

Peace Yow!~

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Soojung, are you okay?” I asked this silly girl for the tenth time today since this morning. All I got is a smile while staring at me with those cuteness. *sigh* This is getting out of hand.

 

I was sitting behind my desk here inside the office of the School Publication. Finishing some photo edits that Vic unnie wants. She said I have to finish it before 6:00 in the evening then the five of us can finally go and eat dinner, her treat!

 

But how will I finish this work if there’s a Certain girl who is staring at me while working?! Even resting her chin on my table while staring at me and humming a tune. Don’t she have anything to do?

 

“Don’t you have anything to do Spider Jung?”

 

“I’m doing it now…~”

 

“And that is?….”

 

“Staring at you Alpacaber~…” amf *I so want to bite my fist* 

 

“Work. I mean don’t you have any work to do?!”

 

“You are working on my done work aren’t you?” she said while wriggling her eyebrows. Hahaha… I forgot. Its the photos she took last week that I am working on right now, Vic unnie wanting to have a photo section every issue where candid photos of students will be posted. Soojung did good… great even. Capturing fun times of students around the campus with her camera just walking around in between breaks and end of class.

 

Its very hard to concentrate when you have someone like this silly girl watching your every move. All the time I try to ignore the nervousness I feel and just go on with my stuff. I don’t know why she’s doing this to me!

 

“Are you bothered?”

 

“Of what?”

 

“Bothered with my staring. Are you?”

 

I already concluded to myself that these rats running inside my chest are my adopted pets. They always do marathons inside me whenever this silly girl tests my patience. I’m not annoyed, don’t get me wrong. I just feel conscious when she stares at me with those smiling, adorable eyes of hers. Why does she like staring at me? I know I’m pretty *hair flip* but she doesn’t have to stare at me like that. Creepy but cute.

 

But then again… I also do what she does but in a more discreet way. I do the staring at her while in class, or when I assist her in taking photos around the campus as commanded by Vic unnie. Unnie gave me a knowing look while commanding me, “Accompany Soojung around the campus whenever she’s going to take photos. Just making sure she’s safe from those boys wanting to get near her.” Does she know anything about us?

 

US.

 

Is there an US?

 

We are just FRIENDS. Getting-to-know-each-other FRIENDS.

 

FRIENDS THAT LIKE EACH OTHER IN A DIFFERENT WAY.

 

THAT… IS SO COMPLICATED.

 

Sighing, I copied her and plopped my arms on the table. Resting my chin on my arm, I stared straight at her too that caught her off guard because of how close our faces are. “How about you? Are you bothered with this?” her lips slowly curved into a silly smile that made me smile too. Her smile is really addicting…

 

Jackie said flirting should be done in a more subtle way. No touching, just playing along with words and feelings. That I should choose my words wisely…

 

Yeah… she said I shouldn’t make a poetic expression again using R. Kelly’s Ignition Remix or else Jessica will smack my head with a ledger or the baseball bat she has hiding on the compartment of her sedan. It was really embarrassing…

 

Soojung kept on teasing me with “Toot toot! Beep beep!” that day until she ran out of breath laughing. How will I know that song is talking about ??? I’m too naive on that kind of things seriously. I’m 15, why would I care? Even Soojung didn’t know about it until Jackie explained it to us.

 

 

Wow… her face is really near… like 4 inches near. She has tight pores… I mean… her face… her skin is so smooth. Her mole… its like the God of Beauty reached from the sky holding his pen and made a small dot on her face declaring ‘This mole will be the death of everyone staring at it!’. … I sound like a creep.

 

“Do you like me that much? You are staring weirdly.” I said, narrowing my eyes playfully. She answered me with a smirk flicking my forehead hard while controlling her laugh. Cute.~

 

“Hey! For your information you are the one who likes me too much!”

 

“Excuse me! Who keeps on staring at me all the time?” Huh! I do stare at you all the time but of course I won’t tell you that silly girl.

 

“Well who keeps on…” her face was inching slowly into mine, her eyes twinkling with mischievousness. My pets disturbed again inside me. Damn… “… sending me at night with her funny photos through MMS?” she gave me a funny wink making me laugh. 

 

Hahaha… guilty.

 

I just want to make her laugh before we sleep. I’m so thoughtful, right?

 

“I was sending those photos because I want you to check if its good enough for a CF deal. You have a keen eye for perfection that’s why I need your opinion Miss Jung Soojung…~”

 

“Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! That is so funny~! OhMYGod~!” Bwoah! She’s even laughing like a cute Cali girl covering . Oh God here we go again…

 

I don’t know what spirit entered her for the mere fact of liking me. She’s so comfortable with the way she handles the situation, of her liking me. Her, as a girl… liking me, who is a girl too. You won’t see any doubt in her eyes or confusion. Its like she already embraced the thought of liking me and not giving a about it.

 

How can a beautiful and perfect girl named Soojung likes a good looking and cute Llama like me?

 

Isn’t she afraid to be tease and be discriminate by our peers because of it? Jackie’s voice always lingers in my mind…

 

“Always be careful, Koreans are still sensitive when it comes to homouality. Its still taboo… do not show much of your affection when the two of you are in public. Even a simple act of holding hands in a train will bring out a negative reaction from strangers.”

 

I don’t want attention. Soojung obviously doesn’t want it too. That is one thing we have in common and the rest are all one big jjampong.

 

We were just staring at each other with that close distance. Enclosed in our own bubble again that we didn’t notice our friends already entered the office and saw us two having our moment.

 

“So are you trying to say I’m not perfect?” I cocked my eyebrows playfully that made her chuckle. Her eyes darted up and down on my face like scanning it and I’ve been controlling myself not to touch her eyelashes but I did. Such pretty eyelashes… eyelashes only Amber… don’t touch anything besides her eyelashes…

 

“Nobody is perfect in this world Amber Liu, even the most privilege person in this world we live in is not perfect. We all have imperfections… its just a matter of how to deal with it and make it the best part of our whole being… make it look like the perfect part of us even if its not. Just like how people with freckles on their face deals with it. Instead of being sad you have those beautiful dust from nature sprinkled on your face, embrace it and own it. Make it your best asset so people will consider you as perfect in their eyes.” Wow… I’m speechless.

 

She poked my nose gently with her index finger smiling at me, that smile that makes my pet rats crazy. “Eric said your nose is like a button and it doesn’t suit your face… but in my eyes your nose is perfect. My camera loves it. I like it.” she said softly with a smile on her lips. Okay… my face is going to combust anytime now. In what chapter of ‘How to Make Amber Liu flush like a Tomato’ book did she get those lines?!

 

“And I like you more because you are talented and smart... no, you are intelligent. Intelligent when it comes to academics but dense when it comes to me.” Hahaha!!! Oh God... that was a compliment I will always remember even if she called me dense. I should be proud (^___^)

 

“Is that a lie?!” I playfully asked raising my eyebrows. She let out a cute grin tilting her head on the side. Her eyes twinkling like stars in a clear sky... wow... I’m beginning to be a poet because of her.

 

“Of course not! Although the dense part is just a joke don’t take it seriously hehehe...” (^____^) Aigooo... you look like a cute puppy~... “Kidding aside, the most I like about you is your smile. Because it lights up even the darkest days.” I can’t help but feel giddy about this... I should be the one who will say those cheesy words on her and swept her off her feet! Why is this happening?!

 

Her eyes… the softness and truth emanating from it made my heart warm. She isn’t lying… what she said is pure genuineness that a girl our age doesn’t normally speak.

 

Tsk tsk tsk… This girl… a smirk started on the side of her lips that made her laugh cutely. Embarrassing Amber, embarrassing. “Smooth, Spider Jung. Really smooth of yours…” Damn I feel giddy.

 

“You look so cute blushing Alpacaber!~ So…?”

 

Tssss…. such a tease.

 

“So…? What do you mean so?”

 

“Am I your girlfriend now or what?~” I facepalmed myself earning a laugh from her. Ahhhh!!! what are you doing to me!?

 

That’s another thing of her that makes me crazy.

 

Her... asking me at the end of the day if she’s already my girlfriend. She said she likes me, I like her more. So it means we should be together. I told you, she’s the type who knows what she wants. That’s why I like her so much.

 

The morning after I made that public scandal of declaring how much I like her, we started to act so comfortable with each other. Comfortable in the sense that we talk about everything under the Sun without being so awkward.

 

We met by the school steps and had a chat about the weather and her opinion on how I look silly the day before. Some of the drivers were blowing their horn for support in my act and some are yelling at me to get inside the car because its already Green Light. I just shrugged and said it doesn’t matter, because what I said is true and I don’t want to lie to her because she doesn’t like liars. She blushed madly in front of me then took a swing on my arm punching it. It was solid! Thank God she’s thin! Then she saw my shoes. And I deeply regret sleeping so damn late and not looking properly at my shoe rack in the morning before going out of our house.

 

I’m wearing two different shoes. The Air Jordan V on my right and the Air Jordan III on my left. I probably got disoriented because of the color… it looks the same. And I was too excited to go to school I didn’t notice it. Not until Soojung gave me a look from head to toe and burst out laughing.

 

She was laughing and I was patting her head like a good puppy trying to stop her from laughing so loud that she is already attracting attention. She was laughing, trashing her head back and goodness she looks so funny.

 

Anyways, I can’t possibly wear different kind of shoes! Our classmates will definitely make me a laughing stock! I tried to call my driver so he can go home and get the correct pair but Soojung stopped me saying its a waste of time.

 

Soojung calmed down a little and told me next time I should bring a pair or two of my shoes plus a clothes bag and put it at the compartment of my car. In that way when I need to change, I will just call my driver to bring it to me. I can save time and gas plus the energy of my driver. She actually has a good point.

 

So I went on my class wearing that odd pair of shoes. Our classmates were staring at my shoes when we are already inside the room. I shrugged my shoulders saying “Just trying a new fashion statement.” The next morning, I was surprised to see my male classmates, including my friends Eric, Peniel, and Jackson wearing their shoes like how I wore mine the day before. It became a trend hahaha!

 

She’s not just pretty, I found out she’s also smart and well read. Soojung is serious about her studies when we are inside the classroom. When its time for class, its time for class. No joking around. Her focus will be completely on the topic our teacher will discuss and she actively participates in answering questions.

 

Math.

 

She likes Math.

 

I like Math too.

 

She also like History and Language.

 

I like Science.

 

She hates Science.

 

She likes books.

 

I like comics and fun stuffs.

 

Soojung looks cold in the outside that’s why some of our classmates are afraid to talk to her or approach her. But the truth is she’s a cutie pie-marshmallow pie on the inside. She likes being quiet and minding her business be it studying or checking her camera in between class breaks. But its playing time, she becomes the soft cutie pie she is. Since I sit behind her I cannot see her face completely not unless she will suddenly look behind and will caught me looking at her. It became her habit to throw a ball of paper at me with a merong.  

 

And it became a habit of mine to pick up the ball of paper, read it and put it inside my pocket. The paper I will drop inside a cookie jar I took from the kitchen placing it inside my clothes cabinet to stay hidden. Why am I keeping the ball of papers?

 

Because she writes or draws silly stuffs on there. Be it a smiley, a stick figure of me, or her weird drawings. Sometimes messages like, “Lend me a ballpen I’m lazy to get it in my locker.” (How did she wrote that message in her paper??) “If there is no bread in the cafeteria later I will stage a protest!” “I like your hair today. Did you take a bath?” “Don’t stare at my back, I can hear your mind shouting that I look back! Hohoho!” “You like me, I like you. So it means you are crazy too.” “Have you ever eaten Wasabi Ice Cream? I had one before when I had a vacation in Japan with my family. I puke green stuff endlessly.” (Just thinking about the green stuff she said makes me puke too) and many other notes that sometimes makes me question her craziness and most of the times makes me laugh and shakes my head with a smile.  

 

 

 

“You two really like to play around with each other~…” we instantly broke apart and straightened on our seats. Soojung’s face going rouge while fixing her hair with a smile, looking away from the inquisitive stares of our friends. Me? Sweat decided to shower me with love. I’m sweating! My armpits are sweating! My face is sweating!

 

“Stop that you two! That’s gross!” it was like an arrow shot right to my heart when Jinri said those words. It was intended as a joke but... very alarming. I heard Sunyoung’s breath hitching and mumbling words at Jinri to stop. Even Soojung was taken aback, startled with what she heard too. This is what I’m talking about…

 

“Jinri! Would you mind thinking first before talking? That’s so insensitive of you…” Thank Lord for Vic unnie and her sharp, intellectual tongue. She smiled at me and Soojung patting our heads. Then and there I knew Vic unnie won’t allow anyone to hurt us.

 

“But its just a joke! Unless they really are flirting to each other.”

 

“No buts Jinri. This school doesn’t entertain discrimination. In a few years time you will be traveling all over the world and meet people in the fashion industry who embraces equality and love with no boundaries. You have to be sensitive and choose carefully the words you will say so not to hurt them. Keep that in mind… understood?”  

 

“I’m just saying that girls shouldn’t do that to each other. Girls are for boys and boys are for girls. Girls shouldn’t do those flirting they do even if its just playing around. They are lucky its just us three who saw them. What if the other students saw what they are doing?!” What’s with the attitude?

 

It was so awkwardly silent. Even Sunyoung is not talking just listening to Vic unnie while looking at me and Soojung. I don’t know what she is thinking about us but I hope she doesn’t think like Jinri. Knowing she came from a very strict and conservative religious family… it scares me of what her reaction will be.

 

I felt a light kick under my table and saw Soojung eyeing me, pouting like a cute kid. I should stop this now before it becomes a debate.

 

“Why are you all serious? Girls chill! Soojung and I are just playing around because she’s bored. We’re just friends! Right Soojung?” I eyed her and she got what I mean. She stood up from her seat and turned to Jinri who has that look of displease on her face. Soojung’s forehead creased seeing our friend’s distaste. She mouthed “What’s her problem??!” to me and rolled her eyes. Why do I feel Jinri has an issue when it comes to this matter?

 

“Amber and I are just talking. She’s right, we are just friends…” somehow, that last line is like another arrow that suddenly made a thud in my chest. What can you do? Its true! “...for now…But before this year ends she’s going to be my official girlfriend so whatever disgust you are having inside you now Jinri you better get a hold of it and shove it down your …” my mouth hang open and Sunyoung too while Soojung was saying those words. Vic unnie was smiling at her corner hearing Soojung’s speech. Ohhh goodness… this is not right. This is definitely getting out of hand.

 

“W-what?!! You’re gay!? That’s not possible! You’re only 15! Confused uality, that should be your label! Come on Soojung! You just need to date a guy! Think about what other people will say if they see you always looking like a love struck teen at Amber. Almost all the guys at Room 1 - C has a crush on you just choose one over them. Date a guy first and you will realize that what you are having right now is just a stupid crush.” Ouch. Oh Jinri… I can see the confusion and anger in her eyes. She definitely has something about this kind of issue. Its better to break this first..

 

I went to Soojung’s side and patted her back tentatively, not really wanting to put my hand flat on her back because it scares me. Vic unnie and I looked at each other and nodded. These two won’t stop, I have known after a few days of knowing Soojung that she will definitely not stop until you have proven your point.

 

“Hey, Jinri… Soojung. Stop it…”

 

“First, I didn’t know I befriended a person who doesn’t think and use her brain.” Oh gosh now Sooung is starting… “Second, labeling a person without knowing the truth is rude. So I’m saving you the effort of asking, my ‘friend’… I don’t like guys and will never date anyone from Room 1 - C because I am not interested. Hello?! I am not desperate to date a guy just to realize that I don’t like them. Okay except Johnny Depp because I like him, as in like because he’s a good actor and I like his style.” I heard a giggle from Sunyoung then she straightened up and watch Soojung.

 

“You’re just 15, you’ll get over that phase eventually… these foreigners... tsk... ” Jinri started to scoffed rolling her eyes. I don’t like that attitude of hers… this is a sudden change. I know all of us only knew each other for a short time but she showed her kindness and cheeriness to us. This is a different part of her…

 

I took a glance at Vic unnie who is watching the exchange while leaning back on the wall of our small office. She gave me a nod and a smile mouthing “Let them…”… I don’t know what Vic unnie wants to happen but okay, I’ll trust her.

 

“Third, I am a full blooded Korean who just had the privilege of being born in the West. Having two citizenship is a blessing and a curse. I have problems distinguishing myself back then but its okay now, I consider myself an ABK. And fourth, I may be 15 and turning 16 on October but that doesn’t mean I have to be like every other 15 year old here in Seoul. I am my own self and I have my own brain to use, I don’t need anyone to tell me what I should be. If I say I like Amber, then I like her. No one else. Don’t be bothered, I won’t do anything to you.”

 

“But you’re not answering my question.”

 

“Should I answer it so you can have a good night sleep?”

 

“You should, so we will know who we are dealing with. Amber already said before, she finds Yesung oppa cute so it means she likes guys. She must be feeling awkward whenever you do that staring thing to her. Right, Amber? ” Sigh. If I out myself right now it will be the turning point of this newly established friendship. Seeing and hearing how brave Soojung is in admitting it, I should be brave too.

 

“Jinri… stop. Please… I... I don’t like Yesung oppa as a guy. I only see him as a brother and friend. Like Soojung... I am not interested in guys too... Just her.” Sunyoung giggling again makes me think she will say something Jinri will understand... i hope. It seems Jinri’s mind is blocked and won’t accept explanations.

 

“Amber! You and Soojung are just confused but don’t worry, my Mom knows a Psychologist who can help you two overcome that dilemma--” *facepalm* why do I have a feeling she experienced this too before?? Psychologist... hahaha... I know someone too. No need to refer anyone.  Soojung and I shared a look and I saw how annoyed she is especially with the Psychologist thing. Sunyoung reached for Soojung patting the latters’ hand to calm her.

 

“Oh God Jinri! Why are you so naive!? I don’t know what to tell you anymore! Be open minded just for a change!” Ooookkayyy… we should stop this now…

 

“Ask Sunyoung! Even the Church doesn’t approve of this craziness! Sunyoung-ah! Tell them! Tell them how they will burn in Hell because of this non-sense!” Sunyoung gave Jinri a pat on her shoulder and sigh, looking at me and Soojung then at Vic unnie. Whatever Sunyoung will say, I will accept it.

 

“Jinri-ah, God loves us whatever rac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter