Painful, Isn't it?

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! Bringing you all our update for today!

I know all of you thought this will be just like any ordinary High School AU but no, it isn't. 

From the last chapter, we saw how Amber was easily influenced by 'friends' to the extent of teaching her to gamble. I am not saying this kind of thing always happen, but I want to say that this kind of 'friends' are always present. 

Enough about that, hehehe... let's see the next chapter!

Soojung is not that easy to forgive. 

But will she waver?

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

“Young miss... it looks like Amber-ssi is going to that internet cafe again...” Samchon told me when he parked the car at the opposite side of the road near the internet cafe he is saying. What does she do there?! They have internet in their house...

 

“What do you mean ‘again’ Samchon? You knew about this?!” Samchon scratched his head and nodded at me.

 

“I just found out this morning from her driver. He said Amber sent him home last night because she will be playing in that place. He found out from Amber’s sister that your friend drove the car without license and tried to bet her Porsche...” BET??! WHY WOULD SHE BET HER CAR!? SHE HAS ENOUGH MONEY! “He said they have been going to this same place for a few months now.”

 

The Porsche stopped in front of the shop but I can’t see what is happening inside because its tinted. All I know is, Amber is inside that car.

 

So this is the ‘somewhere else’ she always say... an internet cafe located inside that old building. I wonder what she is doing inside the car... she hasn’t come out...

 

I closed my eyes and remembered what she told me earlier back in the steps of the school. Can I still believe every word coming out from your mouth Amber?...

 

“Soojung, I’m not doing anything bad. I… I will tell you tomorrow all about it but for now believe me, I’m not doing anything bad....”

 

Can I still trust you?

 

Whatever you are doing inside your car please hear me... don’t go out. Don’t...

 

Just tell your driver to take you home and everything will be over Amber...

 

Please...?

 

 

A few minutes after, I opened my eyes and saw a guy wearing a black hoodie and baseball cap back wards knocking on the window of her car. He was making some gestures on his watch and pointing at the building then gave a thumbs up before running inside the building. Maybe he is that Scott guy who always bothers her with those text messages...

 

Please don’t Amber... save yourself from further trouble...

 

But I think the Heavens didn’t heard my plead.

 

Amber went out of her car and entered the building casually with her hands inside her pants pocket. You really are a fool like what your sister says... but here I am still caring for you. I think you already rubbed your foolishness on me.

 

I took my phone and tapped on the Message screen thinking of informing Jackie about what her fool of a sister is doing today. I had enough of covering for her... this has to end.

 

Are you really sure Soojung...? What if she gets mad at you for telling Jackie?

 

Then get mad at me! I’m doing this for her!

 

Why don’t you check first what she is doing? Like what you said to Jackie... maybe Amber is just having a good time with her friends. Playing on-line games probably since she is inside an internet cafe.

 

Just be patient Soojung... calm down...

 

Think about it... the reason why Amber is hanging out in this place with those people for the past two months...

 

Maybe she found new friends that understands her. You know she’s still struggling with the language... You are teaching her and she’s already doing good but maybe... she’s looking for that familiar set of friends that she can communicate easily.

 

Maybe its also your fault...

 

Is it?

 

Am I being too clingy on her?

 

Did she already changed her mind and realized I’m not worth it of a person to love?...

 

That everything is just a... lie? A spur of a moment from her...

 

The reason why she’s been avoiding me…

 

Maybe she met a new girl that she fancies now after she realized its girls that she likes and not boys. Wow... you just did her a favor Soojung! You made her realized who she is... bravo on that!

 

I’m going crazy thinking.

 

Is she even inlove with you Soojung? Sure, she told you she really likes you and after a year everything will be official but...

 

Is Amber even feeling the same way as you?...

 

Does she even care about you?

 

All she did was avoid you and the worse is... lie to you.

 

Think of it... maybe she is just too generous and ashamed to back out on that ‘one year official’ thing the two of you set. But the truth is... she isn’t taking it by the heart.

 

If I don’t listen to her reasons it will be unfair of me. Everything happens for a reason and surely, she has that’s why she’s doing this kind of things lately.

 

Whatever Amber’s reason is, she has to explain it to me clearly.

 

  

 

 

After making sure Amber won’t see me, I went down from the car wearing her baseball cap I keep in my vehicle. She said I keep it in case she forgets to bring one or if I need it. I didn’t know its going to be today that I will need this. I lowered the brim to cover my face a little and went inside the building observing the premises.

 

What welcomed me is a whole place brightly lit, rows of tables with computers fills the room. People same age as I and some older are too busy focusing on the computer screens. They are like zombies... I think they don’t even know what the time is now... there’s even a guy eating a burger in front of his computer while shouting. They are all noisy... how can Amber stay in this kind of place?

 

I looked around and finally caught a glimpse of her familiar back walking at the farthest right corner. The guy i saw outside welcoming her same as the two girls and another guy. One of the girls even took her arm clinging on it. The hell!? Who the hell is this caterpillar!?

 

I told you... she met a new girl...

 

Amber shook the girl off away from her arms politely and sat in front of an empty cubicle beside the guy. I think she’s readying for a game...

 

She wore her headphones and fixed her eyeglasses before giving a thumbs up to everyone. The cheering started so does it mean the game is starting?

 

I discreetly went near the place where they are playing trying to have a glimpse of what’s happening. I don’t understand everything but from the way the crowd cheers it seems the game is doing good. I can see Amber’s side profile and she looks happy while playing, her focus on the computer and grip on the mouse says it all. She is too engrossed in this kind of world that she isn’t living in the real one now.

 

One hour.... two hours.... three hours. I was just standing there watching her be lost in her new found world. Her new found world without me.

 

Her facial expressions changing from being excited, to being angry, frustrated, and finally cheery. All those happened while she’s staring at the computer monitor and talking on her headset. Her hands moving fast on the keyboard and mouse same as how her eyes move while looking at the screen. She doesn’t even realize I’m here watching her...

 

I only knew the game already ended and they won when she and that guy stood up from their seats looking so happy and even hooting. They did that bro handshake same as the other players, that caterpillar girl even giving her a hug and a pat on her head.

 

See Soojung... she has someone to pat her head too besides you.

 

They are just friends... Amber won’t be interested to anyone other than me... she’s not even her type…

 

Continue on believing that.

 

“I better get out now and call this a day... at least I know now what she is doing and where she comes.” I mumbled to myself while taking one last glance at Amber celebrating with her friends before turning my back to go out of this place.

 

She found new friends... maybe they fills up a part of her that she misses when she was still in L.A.... I heard some of them talking in English and Amber talking back to them with sassiness I didn’t know she has. See? I thought I know her now very well but it seems... I don’t.

 

I crossed the street and saw my driver getting out of the car to open the door for me. “What happened Young miss? Is the game over?” I think the right question Samchon is ‘Is it over? You and Amber?’...

 

Hahaha... what would be over between the two of us?... When in the first place we haven’t even started yet...

 

“Yes, their team won. Although I didn’t understand the game its so chaotic... she’s actually good in it for a newbie.” I took one last look at the building where I came from when I saw Amber and her group of friends emerging from it cheering and celebrating their win. Their voices are too loud that even a person from the opposite side of the street will hear their conversation in English.

 

 

 

“Thank you so much Amber, I appreciate it.” 

 

“Its nothing bro. Good luck to your team... I’ll come by if I have time to spend but I doubt it to be soon.”

 

“We’ll miss you Amber! Ellin will miss you too~...” Ellin huh... so maybe that’s the name of that caterpillar...

 

“Hahaha! Silly friends... I’ll go now guys its already late. Be careful going home...”

 

I fidgeted on my place when I saw her walking to the direction of her car when that caterpillar of a girl suddenly ran behind her and jumped on her back. Oh no you won’t!!!

 

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

 

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS...

 

“What the hell!?”

 

“Hey you llama!~ Not even saying good bye to me!?”

 

“Ellin! Get down from my back!” 

 

“I don’t like! Come with us and have dinner first!”

 

“Geez! I have to go home now! Come on and go down!”

 

“Have a quick dinner with us then you can go, please?” IF YOU SAY YES ON THAT CATERPILLAR... ITS OVER.

 

“Fine.” 

 

“Yey! Let’s go! Forward Llama!” 

 

My heart sunk with the exchange I heard, it shattered when she laughed with that girl she’s carrying on her back like its a natural thing of them to do. 

 

So you rather have dinner with them… with her… than with me.

 

Is that the reason why you don’t want to carry me before?... Because you don’t like it?... Because you prefer someone else than me?

 

Hahaha... so it was another lie... a hundred lies. 

 

Do I still have you Amber Liu...?  

 

Or you already slipped away from me since the start?

 

I stood there frozen in my place watching her with that girl. I so want to hit that girl’s face with my camera lens and the baseball bat I have inside the compartment of my car. Jessica unnie said its for emergency purposes...

 

I can consider this an ‘emergency purposes’ because i have to take back what’s mine.

 

Is she even your from the start, Soojung?…

 

She is mine… unless she tells me to let her go.

 

She turned around and the smile on her face suddenly disappeared when her eyes landed on mine. Surprised, cheater?...

   

Oh... i forgot.. we are not even together together.

 

I don’t know what demon entered my body that I bravely crossed the street without looking. All i wanna see is her reaction...

 

Our gaze connected as I stand in front of her, the caterpillar still clinging on her body. Should I spray an insect repellant?

 

Her eyes... her beautiful eyes that I love staring straight at me trying to say something. I still see the warmth but I don’t know if its the truth or just another lie. How can you make me doubt you Amber?...

 

How can you make me doubt you but still my heart longs for you?…

 

I’m so mad right now! I want to kick every person on the street starting with this caterpillar but I won’t make myself look stupid like that. I still have a family name to protect.

 

“S-s-soojung... its not what y-you--”

 

“Get off.” 

 

Silence.

 

I turned my gaze to the caterpillar and glared. Let’s see how stupid this girl is if she doesn’t understand what i said.

 

“I said, GET OFF.”

 

“Who the hell are you?!” 

 

“The owner of that person you are expertly clinging on like a caterpillar in a leaf. Don’t make me repeat it again or else...”

 

“Or else what?!” feisty huh?

 

“Or else... you’ll have a taste of Hell from a Jung.” 

 

Relax Soojung...relax... just end this stupidity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“Or else... you’ll have a taste of Hell from a Jung.”

 

 

I tried to get Ellin’s arms out of my neck but she continued on clinging on my neck tightly. Even her legs! Damn it!

“Soojung--”

 

“So she is Soojung, the girl you said is your ‘friend’?” WHAT!? I DIDN’T SAID IT LIKE THAT!

Soojung turned her attention to me and i saw hurt in her eyes. “You’re hearing it wrong Soojung! Its not like that! Ellin get off of me!” 

 

Soojung’s fist... she’s balling it at her side. Oh .... if she loses it the end of the world will come any minute now!

 

“Who am I?” she snorted and her eyes suddenly turned dark, her glare was scary. Really scary and her eyes were like emitting fire. *Gulp*

 

Lord from the Heavens please don’t let me die... and please help me calm Soojung!

 

She grabbed Ellin’s arms that I’ve been trying to get off my neck and pulled it roughly. Ellin dropped on the ground on her while looking at Soojung with fear and madness. “Hey! Are you crazy!?”

 

“My last name is JUNG and my first name is HELL. Do you really want to know me you caterpillar!?” 

 

“What!?”

 

“Tssss...” her eye rolled and snorted at Ellin who is trying to stand up but failed because Soojung stepped on her jacket on the ground. The Soojung in front of me now is different... this is a scary Soojung with overflowing aura of coldness. “I have no time for you, you lowly peasant. I’m getting back what’s mine. I don’t want to see your face and don’t you ever put your hands or rub yourself on Amber ever again. Understood?!” All Ellin can do is nod at Soojung looking so afraid.

 

 

Who wouldn’t be afraid!? Soojung looks so deadly! Her cold and deadly glare is so frightening that even Caroline, Jin, and Scott didn’t interfere and stayed at the side of the road watching us. Soojung then turned to them and the three of them became awkward under her gaze. “Pick your friend up, I hope this is the last time I see you all three too.” 

 

She turned to me with a glare and I immediately intertwined my fingers on her tightly. “Let’s go, you have a lot to explain.” 

 

“Y-yes Soojung…”

 

I let Soojung pull me towards her car at the opposite side of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter