My Show Off Servant!

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! DROPPING OUR SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU!

Thank you so much to all the subscribers of this story! You guys are the reason why I write KryBer stories. (^__^)

To all the members who upvoted the story thank you so much from the bottom of my heart and stomach (^__^)

How cool is it to have a Servant like Amber Liu?

 

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

June 2007

 

Another school year ended. Both of us excels in our studies at the same time doing great with our duty in the school publication and the other school extra curricular activities we took. We needed it to add in our credentials for College applications in U.S. and it proved to be worthy. Sunyoung will be the Editor-In-Chief next term as voted by us staff and approved by Principal Campbell. Hehehe… she doesn’t want to get the position but there’s nothing she can do because its already announced and signed by the school Board. Even Vic unnie approves.

 

We have a month’s worth of vacation before the new school year starts. Our last year in High School and I am so excited! Summer is coming that’s why I asked Mom if we can stay in Korea and not fly to San Francisco for a vacation. I just want to stay here and enjoy the time with my friends and of course with Amber.

 

“Soojung, have you packed your things in your overnight bag?” I gave Mom an Okay sign showing her my bag. Amber will pick me up this afternoon and will meet the girls at Luna’s house for a pajama party.

 

“Yup! Everything I need is all here Mom!”

 

“Your insect repellant ?”

 

“Amber will bring it…” Its inside her bag… I forgot to get it yesterday…

 

“How about your toothpaste?”

 

“I told her to bring one too…” Mom reached for my cheek pinching it giving me a glare “Mom!”

 

“Don’t be too dependent on Amber!”

 

“But she said she will take care of everything!” I pouted at my Mother who took my overnight bag lying on the kitchen island opening it. She shook her head looking at me. Hehehe… Amber said just bring clothes so I brought clothes and my box of Tampons because I have a period that started this morning.  

 

We depend on each other, its not one-sided.

 

Mom pulled a big pack of gummy worms from my bag raising her eyebrows “Why is this inside your bag? Last I check its inside our pantry?!”

 

“Mom~…” I smiled sweetly at Mom gritting my teeth. Busted. Hohoho… (^.^)

 

My girlfriend said she’ll take care of everything for me, all I have to bring is my clothes. Plus a big bag of gummy worms we can share later. She loves gummies that I always have a pack of it inside my bag just for her when she craves.

 

All my Mom can do is pinch my sides because of my mischievousness. I know why she’s glaring at me… because I took the last bag of gummy worms in the pantry. Its Dad’s gummy worms that Mom buys for him.

 

Yup. Dad also loves gummy worms. Mom said its a habit of Dad he can’t take away, munching the gummies after smoking. Hahaha… here you have it. Two people I love the most shares the same interest but they can’t even have a good relationship when it comes to me.

 

Dad still isn’t talking to me… even last Christmas and New Year he didn’t greet me even though I let down my pride and approached him personally inside his study room to give my greetings. He just answered me with a wave of his hand not even looking at me while busy reading a document. It broke my heart that we have to be like that to each other, I have done my part of doing my duty as his daughter except the only thing he wants me to do. That is, to break up with Amber.

 

I have a feeling his dislike for Amber intensified when Uncle Hangeng won the award again last year. I was staying at the Lius that night having a camp night with Amber outside their garden. When I went home the morning after, Jessica unnie was looking serious. She told me Dad was in a not so good mood because he lost again. Telling me to greet him Good Morning and see if his mood will change. Well it didn’t. When he saw me coming inside his study room he greeted me with his booming voice asking me why I was late. Even telling me to get out. I hate him for that… but at the same time I pity him.

 

“Mom… do you think Dad will change his mind soon about me and Amber?” I asked Mom out of the blue while fiddling the strap of my bag. She sighed and ran her hand on my back it gently “I’ve been talking to your Dad at every single opportunity I can get honey. I hope so… but not soon.”

 

“But can he be at least be civil when Amber is here? My girlfriend is trying her best to win his approval but it seems Dad doesn’t really care. He doesn’t care for me now…” I sighed sadly meeting Mom’s protective gaze. She gave my shoulders a squeeze kissing my forehead, a gesture of hers I always look forward to when she babies me.

 

I know Mom is also having a hard time too with what is happening between me and Dad. Sometimes I hear them talking in the kitchen, Mom nagging Dad about his behaviour when Amber visits me in our house. If I am too relaxed and at home in theirs, its opposite when she is inside our residence. It feels suffocating she said when I asked her to tell me honestly what she feels when she’s inside our house. Dad’s presence is enough for Amber to feel suffocated. She respects him, greets him when she arrives and say her goodbye when she will leave. All Dad will give her is a silent and cold treatment. Everytime it will happen I feel embarrass… so embarrass because Amber doesn’t deserve it. She’s such a good person to be treated like that.

 

A few months more and I will be turning 18. Just a year more to finish our studies and graduate in High School. We just need to send all the needed documents, recommendations and application forms the Universities needed to accept our application by September. Of all the three Ivy League schools the two of us are targeting, I want it to be Harvard.

 

For me its the place to be. And it will be perfect if both of us will be accepted, we can live together in one place while studying. Mom said I don’t have to worry about the school fees because she already have it covered. All I have to do is study hard and graduate with flying colors, make my family proud especially Dad.

 

 

Amber came to pick me up bringing with her a box of pastries that Aunt Sun-ah sent for Mom. The two of them are really close now I heard they even go shopping together and having fun too. I’m glad they clicked at least I don’t have to worry in the future . (^__^)

 

“Tell your Mom I said thanks! Or better yet I’ll call her. What do you want to eat Amber? Hey lazy girl! Give your girlfriend anything to eat or drink!”

 

“Its okay Auntie! I’m still full! Mom made me taste the pastries she did.” I open the lid of my water bottle urging her to drink. She stood beside me placing her hand on my back accepting my offer of water. Mom’s back was facing us, she didn’t see when my eyes went wide feeling Amber’s hand sliding down on my back then to the back pocket of my denim shorts squeezing my . Yah!

 

“Are you sure you are not hungry Amber? I made Spam Kimbap earlier because that brat is whining at me for not giving her Apples.” Mom said still oblivious of someone’s mischievousness. I threatened to smack her head with the bottle but she only answered me with a cute grin even squeezing it again. The two of us fell into a pinching of cheeks battle giggling at each other, Amber even trying to bite my nose. Tss… The only thing this Alpacaber wants to eat is me.

 

“I thought you’re not hungry…” I whispered at her ear poking her nose after.  

 

“Seeing you made me…”

 

“Shut up~… I had my period this morning.” Awww… her face fell pouting at me. Sorry baby, you will have to wait another week. Her period ended yesterday hahaha! She rested her head on my shoulder hugging my waist like a kid while I pat the back of her head. Mom turned around and saw the scene giving me a smile shaking her head.

 

That’s when Dad came in the kitchen seeing the two of us being lovey dovey. We immediately released each other hearing Dad’s voice.

 

“Eugene…”

 

Amber stood straight beside me bowing her head at Dad who is now staring at me coldly then at Amber. The dislike in his eyes visible especially with what he saw. “D-dad…”

 

“G-good afternoon Chairman Jung…” I placed my hand over Amber’s back to calm her. I don’t want her to feel anxious about this, I know her when it comes to facing Dad.

 

Dad looked away and went to the fridge and produced a six pack cans of beer. This is the first time in years I will see him drink beer. He always drinks whiskey when I see him in his study room. He placed the cans down on the kitchen island and took a can while looking at me.

 

He pulled the tab of his beer can while looking at Amber who is still in a bow and stood in front of my girlfriend then spoke holding out the open beer. “Drink this.” my eyes went wide hearing it from Dad. What the hell is he trying to do?! So it wasn’t him that will drink those Beers!?

 

“Yunho! She’s still a minor! Amber, rise and leave now with Soojung.” I nodded at Mom and went down my stool taking Amber’s hand. She won’t straighten up!

 

“Am stand up! Let’s go!”

 

“But Soojung…”

 

“You cannot leave this place until you drink all of these beer. Rise.” I can’t believe him!! I turned to Mom my face furious at what my Father is pulling off. This is unacceptable! Amber rose from her bow and squeezed my hand giving me a smile that tells its okay. I don’t want her to play this game Dad wants to play. She can’t drink!

 

I admit we have drank beer before but under our sisters and Vic unnie’s presence. They made us taste it telling us that its better in their presence than hiding it from them. Amber got drunk after the 3rd can and I don’t want it to happen again.

 

Mom went to Dad’s side stopping him by trying to take away the can of beer but he won’t give up. He’s drunk! I can smell the liquor his body emits. Even his eyes are red and glassy… he’s drinking inside his study room at this hour?

 

“Am baby come on… let’s just leave please…”

 

“Soojung, don’t worry. Let me do it… it will be disrespect if I don’t do what he wants.”

 

“Are you crazy!? You are a minor!”

 

“I know, but he is older than me. So technically there is supervision from someone older.” This is so embarrassing…

 

I stared coldly at Dad holding Amber’s hand. He was smirking at me and placed the can of beer on Amber’s free hand. “Drink it, all of it. Then you and Soojung can go. If you don’t finish all 6 cans Soojung can’t go out.” WHAT!? “Can you do it? Ah… come on Liu. Guys do this all the time…”

 

“Dad stop this now! This is embarrassing!” I saw the glint of hurt on his eyes when I said it. You are hurt, Dad? Well I am hurt too! His jaw tighten and stared at Amber challenging my girlfriend to do what he ask.

 

“If I drink all of it sir, Soojung and I will leave for the Parks’ and I promise to return your daughter tomorrow morning safely.”

 

“At 6:00 A.M. sharp she should be inside my residence.”

 

Amber looked at me, I shook my head telling her not to do it but she only answered me with a small smile and nod. Her grip on the can was tight I can see her knuckles turning white. She knows her limits… … don’t do this baby…

 

“Amber don’t drink that! Yunho stop this non-sense! Give me that Amber!” Mom tried to grab the can of beer from Amber’s hold but its too late. Amber started to drink the beer straight with no stopping, until to the last drop.

 

She placed the empty can on top of the table and took another, her second. Without letting go of my hand she drank her second beer while meeting Dad’s intense stare. All I feel now for Dad is hate and disgust. I am so ashamed on what he is doing on Amber… how can I face the Lius if they find out about this?

 

She finished the second can and reached for the 3rd one, repeating what he did with the first and second. She and Dad having a stare contest like she’s telling Dad she can do it and she will win. Here I am holding her hand so tight afraid of what will happen to her after she finishes the 3rd can. This is the moment when all will be critical.

 

“Stop it now Yunho!”

 

“Let her drink it Eugene… how can she defend my daughter if she can’t even hold herself up and finish 6 Beers?”  

 

On her 4th can, Amber released a long burp excusing herself after before drinking the beer straight again without stopping. I can see she’s already having a hard time swallowing it so I whispered to her to do it slowly. Her grip on my hand was tightening like she’s asking for strength to continue what she is doing. On her 5th can, Amber’s face is already so red same as her lips. She was burping, releasing all the air inside her stomach from drinking too much beer. She smiled at me that I returned with a smile too caressing her reddened face before turning to Dad again. She drank it faster than the previous ones, meaning she wants the game to end quickly.

 

“Last can Liu, can you still do it?” All I see now on my Father’s eyes is hatred. His smug smile I so want to wipe with my rage. He’s crazy.

 

I cradled Amber’s flushed face with my hands caressing it gently. Her eyes turned glassy but she’s still smiling confidently. “Baby… still okay?”

 

“Of course Soojung-ah, still okay.” she gave me an okay sign and a surprise peck on my lips that caught me off guard. I saw her eyes momentarily shifting to Dad then to me with a silly smile kissing me again. Is she doing it on purpose?! The atmosphere inside our kitchen was too awkward… so thick.

 

“Am…”

 

“Last can Soojung-ah, after this let’s go. Arasso?” she gave me her beautiful smile cupping my cheeks too before releasing it. She intertwined our fingers and took the last can of beer from the table, she met Dad’s furious eyes and started to drink the beer straight until to the last drop burping after. She placed the empty can on the table and bowed at Dad before taking my overnight bag.

 

She bowed at Mom too who looks so embarrassed and furious with what my Father did. “Aunt Eugene, Soojung and I will go now. I promise to take her home tomorrow morning at 6:00 A.M. like what Chairman Jung ordered.”

 

“Take care you two. Soojung…” Mom and I shared a look. I nodded at her understanding what her look meant. I have to take care of this Alpacaber later… I’m afraid she’s going to throw up once we are outside.

 

I gave Dad one last look of disappointment before finally going out of our house. I don’t want to be here anymore… I hope August comes swiftly. I don’t want to be in one place with a man who doesn’t even have respect to other people’s feelings.

 

 

 

 

My fear came true. The moment Amber and I went out of the gate where her Samchon is waiting beside the car, she went to the side of the wall and started throwing up. I asked Samchon for a bottle of water and tissues to wipe Amber’s mouth. She threw up all the beer she consumed until nothing is left inside her stomach. I patted her back, it and holding her body by wrapping my left arm around her waist while she pukes. Eww.

 

“Soojung-ah… water…”

 

“Here you go Am… drink a little… Let’s go home and tell the girls we won’t be coming. You don’t feel good…”

 

“Nah… I’ll be fine. Just hold me and bring me to the car… come on let’s go…” with all the strength I have, I carried her to the car and we settled at the back seat with her head resting on my lap. I asked Samchon to bring us first to the Park since its still early to go at Sunyoung’s house.

 

He drove us to the Han River Park and stopped on the side where we always stay. Amber asked Samchon to keep it a secret and never tell her parents because if they find out they will be furious. As always being the loyal Samchon of Amber, he agreed. He excused himself saying he will stay outside and buy Amber hangover soup not forgetting to give me Amber’s bag that he took from the trunk. I asked him to get it because I have to change Amber’s stained clothes.  

 

I took off her shoes because she stained it with her puke, ugh. She has to have it cleaned and take out the smell. … its her favorite Jordan…

 

“Am… I’ll take off your shirt, okay?”

 

“Hmmm…” she mumbled from my lap sleeping. Poor Llama…

 

I changed her clothes, even taking off her pants and changing her into her Bermuda shorts I found inside her overnight bag. Wiping her face clean with wet tissues making sure she don’t reek of alcohol before we arrive at Sunyoung’s house. But its no use, she still smells Beer. Sigh. Maybe its better to call Sunyoung now and tell her we won’t be coming. I don’t want Amber to be seen by her parents smelling like Beer and like this. They will think Amber is a bad influence for their daughter if they find out she’s intoxicated.

 

The first person I called was Vic unnie and told her the truth. She said she will be the one to tell Sunyoung later about our non-appearance, she’s going to make up something that the two will definitely believe without asking questions.

 

her head with care, I remembered the smug look on Dad’s face while watching Amber drowned herself to Beer. Why did he do it? What was he thinking?! Is he trying to mock Amber by making her drink like a man? Does he think Amber can’t do what he ask?! Stupid!

 

“You’re too good for Dad…” I whispered while caressing Amber’s face. She fell asleep saying that she’s dizzy, the alcohol doing its job inside her body now.

 

What will it be next time? Whiskey? He knows Amber will not say No… he saw Amber’s courage while facing him.

 

She stirred in her sleep, taking my hand that is caressing her face then placed it under her cheeks. Her lips that are red due to intoxication pouting cutely while her eyes are closed. This baby… tsss. Where will I bring you? We can’t stay here in the Park… I gave her pouting rosy lips a peck that brought a smile slowly. Maybe she’s dreaming…

 

There’s no way i will tell our sisters about what happened. They will be furious especially Jackie… Jessica unnie will be mad at Dad too.

 

“Should we go to a hotel?…” I mumbled to myself while staring softly at her sleeping face. Tracing her eyebrows with my finger and her beautiful eyelids. … we are still minors. The Hotel won’t accept us even though we pay by credit card or cash.

 

Where can we spend the night without anyone suspecting anything?….

 

Like a light bulb was flicked, I took my phone on top of Amber’s stomach and dialed the number of the person who can help us.

 

 

 

  

“Soojung! Come inside!” I bowed at Yoona unnie holding our bags and went inside her unit with Amber being carried by Samchon behind me. Her unit is a small 2 bedroom condo in the Gangnam area that her parents gave her when she started her University studies. What I know is her parents only provided money for her education, her budget for daily expenses comes from her earnings as a CF model and small acting jobs. Now she will be graduating from Sungkyungkwan University this coming April under their School of Arts with a Degree in Acting.   

 

“Yoona unnie… I’m sorry if this is all too sudden…” Now I feel embarrass..

 

She waved it off smiling so brightly at me. I’m glad she is Jessica unnie’s bestest friend… “Silly! You and Amber are always welcome here! Samchon, just bring her in here inside the guest room.” she led us to the open door where a medium size room welcome us. It has a double size bed and a table on the side. “Put her down here and Soojung put your bags inside the dresser. The bathroom is here…” she opened the door of a small bathroom with shower and smiled at me. ”This is a spare room that I let my friends use. Sometimes my cousins from U.S. will visit me and will stay here.”

 

“Thank you unnie.~..” I gave her a side hug feeling grateful on her kindness. Yoona unnie is so kind and sweet, always ready to lend a hand to those in need. Also a very good and loyal friend to my sister since they were in High School.

 

After making sure Amber is comfortable on the bed, Samchon said goodbye and told me to call him if we need something he will stay outside and guard the car. I gave him thanks and went with Yoona unnie to her living room to have a chat. I left the door of the room open in case Amber wakes up she won’t be surprise where she is.

 

“So it was your Dad who made her like that… tsk tsk tsk. Poor Amber…” I sighed as an answer to Yoona unnie taking the glass of juice she handed. She sat beside me on the couch raising her legs while blowing her Hot chocolate. “I wonder… if your Jessica unnie introduces Yuri as her girlfriend too what will your Dad do?”

 

“A possible total chaos. I think Jessica unnie will be married off earlier than scheduled to a Kwon…”

 

“A different Kwon?” she ask. I nodded while swirling the drink in my glass. The folder I saw on top of Dad’s table crossing on my mind. Its the same with the folder where my name is printed, filled with profiles of handsome young men coming from chaebol families.   

 

“Yup. Someone named Tyler Kwon? Korean American… Very excellent but questionable credentials…”

 

“Handsome?”

 

“Questionable too.”

 

“Cutie pie?”

 

“He looks more like a reptile…”

 

“y hot bod?” I cringe on the description shaking my head. Eeew. Nothing is y just looking at his photos inside Dad’s folder. I flipped every pages of that folder secretly when my parents are away, everyone is handsome and has good background but really not what Jessica unnie usually digs. The folder with my name? First few pages I gave up because every guy in there screams jock or boy with peanut size brains.

 

“I’d vote Yuri Kwon as the y Kwon.” we burst out laughing knowing if Yuri unnie will hear what I said she will be flipping her hair proudly in front of us.  

 

I know how hard it is for Jessica unnie to hide her relationship with Yuri unnie. Her daily struggles of being a perfect daughter always makes it difficult for her. An image she has to uphold for the sak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter