Second Day; First Year

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! How are you all? 

I know I said the first chapter will be posted last April 2 but due to unforseen circumstances I failed to do so. 

Note: 10 Years Later happened on the present time 2018. We will start the story 13 years before all the way back to 2005. So don't​ be surprise some interesting things back in those days will be mentioned in the story. LG and Samsung are the phone giants at that time. Digital cameras and videocams are being used to capture moments.

So now, here you go. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Let's meet Miss Indenial, Amber J Liu. 😉

Peace yow! 

 

 

 

AMBER'S POV

 

"Morning honey~..." I stopped midway down the stairs feeling confused and sleepy. Am i dreaming?!? I thought they will be home next week?


"Amber~~... Come down here for breakfast!" 


My sleepy mind suddenly woke up when I heard Mom's voice from the kitchen. They are back! I almost stumbled down the stairs in an excited stride just to confirm what I heard. 


"Mom!!?" 


There she was in the dining table, wearing her apron and holding a spatula while serving a piece of pancake for Dad. Yes! They are really back! 


But then Dad raised his eyes from the morning Chosun Ilbo he was reading with furrowed brows... That's when i knew I'm dead this morning, considering the fact that Jackie my older sister is already sitting like a good kid on her place at the breakfast table. Smiling at me in a teasing manner while biting her peanut butter slathered toast that will surely raise the sugar level in her blood. 


"Hi sis~..." She winked at me before glancing discreetly at Dad then back at my stupid self with a smirk. Oh damn . 


"Good morning, young lady. Why don't you join us for breakfast and tell us about your trip to the Principal's office yesterday?" I knew it! Jackie! Grrrrr! The young lady part making me cringe... Dad only calls me Young Lady when he is serious. Not that I'm complaining because I am a young lady but when its Dad saying it, it scares me.


Biting my lips in surrender, I scratched my neck while walking to them. Mom gave me an understanding smile and a warm hug mouthing "Its okay" before I gave Dad a  respectful bow and smile. "G-good morning Dad! I'm glad you and Mom had a safe flight back home from Hong Kong~..." 


"We did..." He folded the newspaper, rolling it then pointed at me "Turn around..." Aissshhh!! Not again!


"Dad!!!~~~~" 


"Turn around or you won't get your comics!" Pouting at him, there was no choice but to turn around and accept my fate. My sister laughing quietly at my pouting when Dad gave me a spank on my with his rolled up Chosun Ilbo. It wasn't hard or strong, just good enough spank to humiliate me in front of my sister. And I know she's loving every moment of it... Grrr...!


Pak!


"Awww!" 


"Nyahahaha!"


"Yah! Don't record me! Aww! Dad!" 


"Now sit beside your sister and eat your breakfast! Don't be late at school again Amber! Understood?!" 


"But Dad... I wasn't late..." I mumbled while my and pouting. I glared at my sister while taking a sit beside her who was holding her digital camera recording my fall from disgrace. Tsss... "I hate you." 


"Thanks Young Lady!~" 


"Mom!! Jackie--" 


"Amber, you should be thankful to your sister. She bailed you out yesterday... If not, who will?" Aww. Even Mom is rubbing it to me. She recorded my fall from disgrace yesterday when we were in the car! I tried to get her new phone, that Samsung Anycall with camera that is new in the market. While I don't even have a phone myself! 


I heard a chuckle from Dad who was controlling his laugh, sipping his coffee. Mom placed her hands on top of Dad's shoulders it in a loving way smiling at me. Dad  planting a kiss at the back of Mom's left hand, the two of them smiling at each other like lovestruck teens. These two... Every morning with these two is full of cheesiness. Eew. 


I turned my head at Jackie on my left and saw her cringing at the latest showing of affection coming from our parents. Its not that they don't give us affection, they do and its super fluffy. But for a 15 year old like me seeing your parents being cheesy with each other is awkward. They are always like this affectionate with each other and somehow, even if my 15 year old mind won't admit it... I admire them. 


My name is Amber Josephine Liu, 15 years old and a Freshman at Korea International School. My Dad is a known businessman here in Korea as he owns GONG-JJL Holdings, one of the biggest holding companies here in Korea beside Samsung, LG, SK Group, Hanwha Group, and SSJ Group. How did I know that information? 


I read it in a business magazine I found lying in my Dad's study table one fine day while looking for glue hehehe... I never knew we are that big "big". All I thought when I was young was Dad goes to the office early and goes home at night bringing me Fried Chicken or Burgers. I was born in L.A. and mainly stayed there to study but our company is situated in Seoul, South Korea where my late Grandfather (my Mother's Father) Gong Yoong established his small Flat Iron company after the Korean War. It grew and expanded, one of his partners was Dad's late Father, Liu Xiao Lu who is from Taiwan. Dad's late mother is a Korean named Lim So Young and was also part of a respected clan.


Dad and Mom's love story is kinda what others in their time has. They are both arranged to be wed by their Fathers because of business and they don't have any right to say No. Mom studied in US same as Dad and it was an advantage for them when they met for the first time, one week before their wedding. 


Dad said, he didn't like Mom at first because she looks like a snob but she's pretty. Mom said she didn't like Dad because he looks like a playboy, a ladiesman. My Grandfathers left them inside the meeting room of GONG-JJL Holdings so they will have a chance to get to know each other.  They let down their guard and had a chat to see if it will work... And it did. 


Dad has this certain charm... Mom said she found Dad as a funny man and a conversationalist. All he did was tell jokes that apparently, isn't funny but Mom said its okay. Because she saw how natural Dad was that day... He was being his self and not even trying to impress her. Since that day they met, they had some dates just the two of them and fell in love. After one week, they were wed. And the rest is history...


Dad said he fell in love with Mom's charm and intelligence, her beauty and her ability to make him smile or shut up with just one look. Yes, my Dad is a self-confessed whipped when it comes to my Mom. But its okay... Only me and Jackie knows about it nyahahahaha!!! 


Both of them are the best parents in the whole world! I love them so much and they give everything to me and Jackie, support us in anything we do and want. 


I went to school at L.A.  but when its school break I always fly back to Seoul for my vacation. I'm not neglected because Mom or Dad will be in L.A. at least 5 times a month to check on me while I live in our house with my cousin. After finishing Grade School my parents decided to let me go home with them in Seoul to continue my studies. I was really happy when they told it to me... Why? 


Because finally, I will be together with my family in one place. Its different when my parents visit me once a week, I always feel sad when in the morning they will have to fly to another country for business. Now that I am in Korea, i got to spend time and live with them even though Jackie has been pestering me since yesterday about what happened.


Yesterday...


What happened yesterday... Well... Hahaha... I was detained in the Principal's Office yesterday, my first day at school! It was sooo embarrassing! Because of that girl...


That... Girl.


"Hey Am... You look like a Panda-Llama hybrid kekekeke!!" Tsss..  I gave my sister a snicker before rubbing my palm on my sleepy face fully remembering the pretty girl yesterday.... 


I mean THAT GIRL! Geez... 


Why the hell am I smiling behind my hands!?

 

Ugggh! 


Amber... You are a girl. You are straight. Do not waver... You are a girl and you are just confused...


Since yesterday. Since you saw her pretty face and the two of you spent time together inside Principal Campbell's office and you saw her blushing cheeks and shy smile and her mole that you want to reach and wipe with your thumb.... Oh damn . 


"Yo Am..." Aarrrgggh! I'm curse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter