That's What You Get for being annoying

To the Silly, Crazy, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! JUST DROPPING OFF A SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

Staying with the Lius was a very memorable experience for me. It was the first time I stayed in a place surrounded by people who enjoys the company of each other at the end of the day. Our parents agreed (I don’t know if Dad is included) that I stay with the Lius the whole exam week. Mom said in that way I won’t be bothered in our house with what’s happening with me and Dad. She told me to not think about it and focus on reviewing, passing the exams and placing on the end of the year Class Standing.

 

Amber’s parents rarely goes out of the country for business that’s why her Mom is always there at their house. After our exams we will go straight home to study, do some review and mock test with Sunyoung and Jinri.  

 

Yes, study. No touching (although kissing is allowed) because she said if we do we will forget everything we reviewed that we needed to answer the exams. I agree with her, she’s actually right. Anyway…

 

Aunt Sun-ah will be waiting for us with her home cooked meals and cakes. Asking us about our day, if we answered correctly our test papers, pampering me with cookies from Amber’s cookie jar nyahahaha… The baby was pouting at me, even giving me a snarl when her Mommy playfully hugs me in front of her. Amber is so clingy with her Mom tsk tsk tsk. What will happen to us once we study abroad hahaha!! We can’t possibly bring her Mom with us!

 

At exactly 6:00 in the evening, Uncle Hangeng will be arriving from work just in time for dinner. Their family is loud and lively, I enjoy dinners with them because stories for the day will be thrown one by one and banters too. Uncle Hangeng always has his ears for his daughters listening to what they say and giving comments, a lot of time in a sassy way. Their family loves sharing stories while eating, something different from how our family dines. In our home when Mom and Dad is miraculously around and dinner is served courtesy by the cook or if I’m lucky, Mom, you can only speak when Dad asks you a question about your day. How your studies is, asking about current events, sometimes asking me about my photography portfolio.

 

He will ask Jessica unnie about her thesis and the company since Unnie is having a training. Dad is not the type of person who makes jokes in front of the dinner table. Heck, that will be the day. We will only have a Father and Daughter talk when we do our bonding and that is cleaning our cameras.

 

I’m not saying Dad is lacking. I know he’s trying his best to be a good Father and I know how much he loves us. I just can’t help to compare him to Uncle Hangeng… he’s always so busy. I am lucky to have Dad and Amber is lucky to have her Dad too. Much luckier I think because Uncle accepted us with open mind and arms.

 

When the exams were over, the scores were released and the Class Standing was revealed, we gleefully rejoiced because all our hard work paid off. The over-all first place in all Freshman class was Luna, followed by Jinri, and the third place?

 

The third place was a tie between me and Amber. Even I can’t believe it! Jinri was a point ahead of us but its okay because being in the third place means we did it. It was the confirmation we are waiting for. Finally, we are official.

 

And being official means celebrating it together just the two of us. After seeing the Class Standings, we called our sisters and told them the results and even had Victoria unnie by our side to verify it. Jackie and Jessica unnie just chuckled over the phone, my sister telling us that they knew we won’t fail. Getting the seal of approval from our nosy sisters, Amber and I bid our friends goodbye for a while and went to our favorite bake shop to buy a cake. Placing two small candles on it and went back to school. To our favorite place, by the steps of the building where we hang out together.

 

She lit the candles with the lighter she borrowed from Samchon, a gleeful smile on her face beaming at me. Both of us holding the cake by its board looking at each other with happy smiles on our faces.

 

“Congratulations Soojung-ah! You did great in the exams!”

 

“You did too Alpacaber! Congratulations to us!”

 

“Let’s blow the candles together, shall we?”

 

“One, two, three!” we blew each of the candles giggling. Aigoo… she look so cute grinning from ear to ear. (^__^)

 

She reached for a kiss on my cheeks that made me blush and patted my head with a proud smile. I thought she was going to give me a kiss on my lips but I’ve been fooled! Just in the cheeks! I know we are still inside the school premises but a girl got to have her kiss. I want a kiss!

 

I pouted at her after, puckering my lips with googly eyes looking like a cute puppy. “I want my kiss~…”

 

“I already did! Want another one? Mwahh!~” she gave me another kiss on the other cheek then brushes her nose on mine, her lips also brushing on my lips in a tease. Damn this Alpacaber!

 

“You’re such a tease…”

 

“I so want to kiss you right now but we can’t Soojung-ah… I don’t want us to spend our first day together as an official couple inside the Principal’s Office.” she grinned. Oh well she’s right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day we became official was also my last night in the Liu residence. For dinner, Auntie prepared a sumptuous Korean and Chinese feast to celebrate our good standing in school. Also to celebrate the day me and Amber became official together. It was a happy night, I want to celebrate it too with my Father but of course… that will be impossible. All I ask of him is to accept Amber but he’s too hardheaded he won’t open his mind.

 

My last night of sleeping in Amber’s room was… hehehe… ummm…should I say more?

 

Fine. The moment we entered her room and locked the door, the real night started. Since both of us were busy studying for the exams the whole week, our hormones were raging wanting some release and of course most of all, we miss each other so much. Music was blasting inside her room (Jackie was pounding on the door telling us to tone down the music just when I was near! Amber answered her with a loud ‘Okay!’ while doing a fantastic job down on me!) drowning the noises while we make love on her bed, on her study desk (I think Amber has a with study desks…), even inside the showers before transferring again on her bed to sleep. Hugging each other like the other nights I have been sleeping beside her. I love it, sleeping beside her. It calms me… I feel safe when she has her arms around me in a protective hold. The whole night we didn’t let go of each other while asleep, afraid to be apart.

 

I wish everyday will be like that, no worries, no drama.

 

So exhausted but happy. …(^__^)…

 

 

 

 

 

 

By afternoon the day after, Mom and Jessica unnie came to pick me up. I don’t wanna go but I have too. It was what the parents agreed on. I can still go back to the Lius but not spend a night on their house as told by Mom. Unless there’s a special approval from her then its good.

 

Aunt Eugene gave me a box of freshly baked cookies as a gift telling that I am welcome in their house anytime. In a week I was living in their house I learned a lot of things from her when it comes to cooking, even household chores that she does though they have a house helper. She thought me a lot of things that I deeply appreciated. She treated me as one of her daughters and I’m glad about it.

 

I still don’t know how Dad will react once we see each other. Mom told me Dad was in a foul mood the whole week I was away, always alone inside his study room doing work. Not eating his meals properly because he is hurting over what happened between the two of us. She said Dad will ask about me every night before they go to sleep inquiring about my exams and how I am doing. If the Lius are treating me right, feeding me with my favorite dishes and taking care of me. I always update Mom everyday through phone calls and texts, she tells Dad everything. I know he is not angry… just hurt. His pride and ego was hurt.

 

When we arrived in our house no one welcomed us. Mom patted my back with a smile and told me its okay, that Dad will come to his senses soon. Jessica unnie received a call then said goodbye to Mom saying she has to go back to the university because her Professor asked her to come, something about her Thesis. I don’t know if she’s saying the truth though, because having a Professor’s name saved as “Taengoo” in her Contacts seems fishy.

 

“He’s probably inside his study room honey… go, greet your Father.” I sighed at what Mom said but obliged. Already expecting a cold treatment from Dad. And I wasn’t wrong…

 

I knocked three times on the door waiting for his acknowledgement. I don’t feel nervous… I just feel… embarrassed. Embarrassed because Dad may think I changed my mind after I defied his order and chose Amber over him. Even if I already made my choice, I’m still a minor and by legality still under the supervision of my parents. Once I turn 18, everything will change. I won’t let him decide on my life, I will decide for myself.

 

“Come in…”

 

I entered the door and saw Dad behind his desk with folders neatly laying on top. His brows furrowed over some document he is reading. Reading glasses resting on the bridge of his nose while looking down… he didn’t even raised his head to see me.

 

He looks… stressed. Probably because of the company which I heard from Jessica unnie is doing well but Dad wants it to be the best. Unnie said Dad going out of the country for his business trips means he is making partnership with other companies. He wants the SSJ Holdings to be known globally not just by its electronic products but also with other ventures. I even heard Dad also bought a famous French fashion brand making the company its major owner. I don’t even know why he has to be the one to personally meet those people when he can just send someone to do it for him and stay in his big office overseeing the operation. Uncle Hangeng can do it… why can’t he?

 

I stood a meter away from his table waiting for him to acknowledge me. Taking a deep breath, I bowed 90 degrees in front of him and greeted. “Good afternoon D-dad…”

 

Silence.

 

The deepening silence of the room makes me feel dizzy. I can feel the sweat running down on my back soaking my shirt even though the heater inside the room is on a normal level. Its still Winter that’s why the heater is running inside the room, Dad doesn’t like the cold.  

 

I straightened up and watch Dad on what he is doing, still not sparing a glance at his now considered ‘Black Sheep’ daughter. Jessica unnie was the one who said that in a dramatic tone, Amber said its too exagerrating. I just laughed quietly but deep inside me I felt a little ache in my heart…

 

“I thought you chose that Liu? Why are you here?…” he ask still not looking.

 

“I did chose her but Mom said someone is missing me too much… he won’t even eat his meals.” I saw the side of his mouth forming a smirk, the signal I am waiting for. I took a few steps forward and sat on the couch near his table playing with my hands. “Please don’t skip your meals… you’re not getting any younger.”

 

“I am getting old, getting older every minute because of you Princess.” sigh.

 

“Dad… I’m not 7 years old anymore.”

 

He closed placed the document down on the table and finally raises his eyes on me. Looking at me from head to toe that made me conscious of myself. Is my own Father judging me?

 

Taking of his glasses, I followed his move when he stood up from his reclining office chair and made his way to the side table. It has a set up of his Whiskey and a couple of glasses that is only use when he has visitors coming. “You may not be 7 years old anymore Jung Soojung but you’re still a minor. I still have the say in your life until you turn 18.” he poured a little amount on a whiskey glass while saying it.

 

“I know that Dad. All I want is for you to respect my decision and accept Amber for me.” I know this will be hard but maybe little by little Amber can soften Dad’s heart.

 

I stood up from my seat and went near him fiddling with my hands. Dad turned his gaze on me and drank his liquor without breaking contact then snickered. “Soojung, its not that easy to accept whatever you and that Amber Liu has. When I know over time your mind will change and will realize what a stupid thing you did in your life being with her. The kind of relationship you have with her is not accepted by the society. Think about it while its early.”

 

“Dad if you think I will break up with Amber that easily, then you are wrong. I love her.”

 

“You are still young Soojung, both of you. Love is not a word that can be thrown around easily. Love won’t feed you.” I rolled my eyes hearing Dad’s sermon. Okayyy… its starting now. Better end this conversation now before it ends in a bad way.

 

He sat on the couch taking sips of his whiskey. Its Japanese whiskey his favorite. If this is how he thinks then asking for his blessing won’t be easy. We’ll just live our life quietly without triggering him or else…

 

“Dad, Love won’t feed me but hard work will.”

 

He snorted at my answer. Yah! I’m just telling what’s inside my heart.

 

“Fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter