Chapter 2: Spell

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Spell

[SungYeol POV]

30 minutes passed. SungGyu was just casually sitting on my desk drinking water bottle after water bottle. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was already past 10:30PM.

"SungYeol," A new voice suddenly called out.

My eyes widened and I jerked my head up. There was another boy next to Gyu now. I blinked a few times.

"S-Seok?" I said cautiously.

The boy nodded a few times and continued to watch me with his piercing stare. How did I recognize Seok? Well, Seok has one dark brown colored eye and one hazel colored eye. This boy had the same exact eye colors. And Seok always glares at people with his eyes, too.

You know... At this point, my head was too boggled to even question the fact that Gyu and Seok had become human.

"So... you came to life, too, Seok-ah?" I said, motioning for him to come over.

"I've always been alive... And.. my name isn't Seok..."

"Then what is it?" Gyu asked as he started to nibble on a pencil he picked up nearby.

"It's L," he said, his hand and fixing his hair with it, "I was born one kitten of four. So my mother named us L, O, V, and E."

"Cats name their kittens?" Gyu cocked his head.

He nodded, "How else would my mother differentiate us?"

Okay, this is beyond absurb. Either I was hallucinating or I needed to call the cops.

Wait-- the bonsai tree and lemon candy jar on my desk just faded into humans as well! I think I'm truly going crazy!

"Namu namu~" The new boy called out, "Oh gosh, I'm sorry! I'm dropping leaves on your floor!"

"SungYeollie hyung, would you like a lemon candy?" The other boy said to me, pulling out a candy from his pocket.

What was going on here?!

"H-Hey!!" Another voice called out, causing the five of us to turn.

"DdoDo?!" I said, covering my mouth.

"I'm so dusty!!" He cried out as he brushed the dust off of his shoulders.

"Okay, I have no idea what's going on..." Gyu grumbled, "I thought I was the only one who could be human!!"

"I wanna be human, too!" DdoDo smiled widely.

"You guys, be quiet! My mom might hear!" I hissed, "Please get out of my house now!"

"Where can we go? This is our home!" WooHyun frowned.

The others nodded in agreement.

"J-J-Just--" I didn't even know where to guide these clueless guys.

"SungYeol, are you alright in there?" Hoya's muffled voice came through the door, "Is your headache gone?"

"Shoo, shoo!!" I whispered as I pushed all five of them into my closet and shut the door.

Hoya came in, "What's all the ruckus? I thought I heard some voices. Were you on the phone?"

"Y-Yeah, with um... With some friends back in Seoul," I lied.

"Wah, I thought I was your only friend!!" Hoya joked.

He took a seat next to me on the edge of my bed.

"Do you think you should go to the doctor? You know, for your head?" He asked.

That seemed like a great idea considering I'm literally hallucinating things...

"Where's Gyu?" Hoya suddenly said, looking at my desk.

"U-U-Um... I... I have to tell you the truth... Seok chased Gyu out of the window and the two ran off and were too fast for me to catch them."

"S-Seok and Gyu are both gone?"

I nodded.

"What?! Seriously?! Maybe we should put up Lost Cat and Hamster signs--"

"No!!" I cleared my throat, "I mean, no. We don't have to. I think it'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

There was a rustling from the closet.

"Ouch!!" A voice called out.

"Wh-What was that?" Hoya's eyes widened.

I can't really explain that one...

Suddenly, the door swung open and the five of them came tumbling out.

"Ouch~ You were stepping on my foot~" WooHyun whined.

"Wh-Who are you people?!" Hoya screeched.

With my lack of knowledge, I explained that the pets and objects came to life through some wack spell. Hoya wondered if it had to do with that weird lady at the toy shop. Now that I think about it, that was the only encounter we had that seemed plausible.

Suddenly, the door swung open open. This time, it was my mom.

"Hey kids, do you want to--" Mom froze, "Who are you guys...?"

---

"So, let me get this straight..." Mom paced around the room as the seven of us sat on the couch in the living room, "You guys were from the orphanage on the outskirts of the town... And it caught fire. And everyone quickly escaped in a rush. And then you guys got lost in the town. And then SungYeol and Hoya found you while he was wandering the town today, and they decided to take you in for the night?"

Gyu nodded, "We have no home!! We must live somewhere!!"

"You poor kids," Mom frowned, "Have you eaten yet?"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter