Chapter 25: Young

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25: Young

[SungJong POV]

When Ms. Lee got the phone call from the doctor that evening saying we could visit him now, we all immediately rushed to the car, including SeJun from that school group Victon. He was actually at our house all day waiting to see SungGyu just like us. I don't how he knew SungGyu so well, but he called and asked Hoya for our address, and he's been at our house ever since he got out of school. He was definitely a year younger than us, but he was much more mature for his age. He had a very bright personality and a dimple like MyungSoo's, but on the opposite side.

We entered the hospital quickly and went up the elevator. We found SungGyu's room and opened the door. He was sleeping. The doctor was checking his vitals. When she turned around, she saw us. She smiled and bowed.

"Hello! SungGyu-ssi is just resting. He'll probably wake up from his evening nap in a bit!"

The guys took a seat next on the couch and chairs in the room to wait for SungGyu hyung to wake up. I went towards him and held his hand. His hands were warm, as always.

My hands became cold. I didn't know how heart transplants worked, but I was scared. What if he wakes up with a different personality or something? What if he doesn't remember us? What if he's not the SungGyu hyung I know?

I slowly pulled the blanket down and lifted his shirt to see his cut... That was going to be a huge scar. I bit my bottom lip and tried to hold in my tears.

I heard SungGyu groan. His eyes blinked open and I saw his dark brown eyes that I missed so much.

"Yah, quit looking at me..." he chuckled weakly as he pulled down his shirt, "Jong-ah, have you been eating?"

"SungGyu hyung, you're still here," I cried.

"Did I ever leave...?" He blinked.

The others realized he had awoken and quickly rushed over.

"Hyung!!" We all said in unison.

Ms. Lee was crying tears of joy.

"How are you feeling, hyung?" SeJun said.

He nodded, "A little tired, but it's because my body is still getting used to this heart..."

"Thank goodness..." DongWoo let out a sigh of relief, "You little rascal... You scared us when you knocked out."

"Well, I couldn't really help it," SungGyu chuckled.

"Yes, you could've!" MyungSoo frowned, "You could've said you were hurting so it wouldn't have gotten this bad!"

"We could've lost you," WooHyun said, causing the room to silence.

"But you didn't," he winked.

Sassy SungGyu hyung as always...

He looked at Ms. Lee and held her hand, "Did I worry you? I'm really sorry."

Ms. Lee shook her head, "I'm just relieved that you're okay now..."

She asked the doctor if she could give SungGyu porridge. The doctor said yes. Ms. Lee pulled out the thermos from her bag; it was still warm.

"I made you some porridge to eat," she smiled.

SungGyu hyung tried to sit up to eat, but even doing that drained his energy. Ms. Lee was tearing up. She held his head and patted his hair. He nodded, assuring her that he was okay. Ms. Lee blew on the porridge and fed SungGyu hyung slowly with the small spoon. I held my tears.

It was so strange to see SungGyu hyung so weak. He usually held a strong hold of himself. He cared for all of us, so he really had no time to take care of himself. He held his head high like a leader. None of us expected that he would fall.

SungGyu hyung looked at me and smiled sheepishly. Even when he was weak, he pretended to be strong.

Why couldn't I be strong like hyung, too?

I have a chance to be human, but why am I still weak like the glass jar I am?

Am I really that pathetic?

---

Ms. Lee told the other guys to head home and rest. SeJun and I begged to stay, and in the end, Ms. Lee allowed the two of us to sleep on the futon in the patient room. She slept on the bed near the window.

The room was quiet. Only the machine was beeping. SungGyu hasn't turned into a hamster yet. Thankfully, though. SeJun and Ms. Lee were here, so thay would be bad.

Ms. Lee was fast asleep. I looked over at SeJun beside me.

"Hey," I whispered, "Are you awake?"

He nodded, "Your name is SungJong, right? Can I call you hyung?"

I chuckled, "No one around here has called me hyung before. I'm usually the youngest."

"Well, I'll call you hyung, then!" He smiled widely.

We laid in silence.

"Is it hard being the youngest?" SeJun whispered.

"... I guess so. I just feel like I don't have the strength to help my hyungs sometimes. I wish I could stand up for them like they do."

"Well, it seems like you love them a lot, hmm?"

"Yes, I love them so much."

SeJun smiled and turned to face me, "I can tell by how much you care about them."

I saw his hazel eyes sparkle. He smiled, and I felt like I was being put under a daze.

"You know the reason why you're here, right?" He whispered.

"Huh?"

"The reason you're here. Why you're alive."

"... Why?"

"It's to bring life into someone's life," he said warmly, "But in order to help others, you have to help yourself."

"Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter