Chapter 5: Note-taking

The Lively Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Note-taking

[MyungSoo POV]

This hallway is filled with humans, left and right! Everywhere! And strangely enough, I fit in! Well... I think. I keep getting glances from the humans in the hallway. Do they think I'm weird?

Ah, there's the door to my next classroom!! ... Oh... The other guys are not in my Physics class... Those rascals probably scheduled all the easy classes, but those classes seemed boring to me. Physics, on the other hand, is definitely a nice topic to sit through. Let's find a seat... Ah, there's an empty one over there! Hmmm... Maybe I should've chosen another seat... Not the best choice I've made today.. Well, that's alright-- At least I can see the teacher from here!

"So, you're new around here?"

I turned to the female human beside me. She blinked and then covered in shock.

"Yup!" I replied with a smile. Smile... I think I was smiling. I hope I was smiling. What if she thinks I'm frowning instead? Let me try to show my teeth a bit more.

I tried to read her facial expression, but it was something unrecognizable to me. She suddenly turned back in her seat and furrowed her brows. Weird...

"Today, we will be learning about the property of periodic waves..." The teacher opened his briefcase, "Turn to page 3..."

Oh! Yes!! I recognize this topic!

Actually, SungYeol's father had this huge library in their old house back in Seoul, and I always liked to read what SungYeol's dad was reading. The perfect spot was on his lap. The perfect heat warmer is always a human, and the perfect textbook is always The Study of Physics...

"Amplitude.... Wavelength... Peak... Trough...."

I looked around at the other humans. They were scribbling stuff on the paper in front of them. I looked at that girl's desk and saw her writing what the teacher was saying. She pulled her head up and looked at me.

"W-What are you doing?" I whispered politely.

"Taking notes...? What are you doing?" She laughed quietly, "I guess you forgot paper, huh?"

She handed me a paper and then returned to her notebook. I pulled out the pencil out of my pocket and started writing, too.

---

The bell rang, signalling the end of Physics. I packed up my books and headed out the door towards my next class: PE.

"Hey, sorry about that earlier. I didn't mean to offend you or anything like that."

I turned to the voice again. The same female human.

"I was just a little shocked. I've never seen eyes like yours before... Are they colored lenses?" She walked beside me in a hurry. I slowed down for her.

"What are colored lenses?"

"You know, the contacts you put in your eyes so it looks like you have a different eye color."

Humans want to change their eye colors?

"Oh, no, these are just my natural eyes," I replied, "Uhm... Do you happen to know where the gym is?"

"We can walk together. I'm heading to PE, too."

"Thank you... I didn't catch your name earlier."

"Oh," She pulled out her hand, "I'm DaIn. Yoon DaIn."

"Nice to meet you, I am MyungSoo, but you can call me L," I shook her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter