Love 1: First Meeting

Confession to an Idol

 

Love 1: First Meeting

 

Han Hye In’s POV:

 

I flipped open the pages of my horoscope booklet. “Hmm, today is 25 November.” I scanned through the whole page. Aha! Finally, I found it.

“Your love life is going to be smooth soon. You are able to find a good man, starting from today.”

What? Total rubbish! I snapped the book and threw it into my backpack. I could not help being so disappointed; I wanted to know if I’m having good luck or good fortune today. NOT ABOUT MY LOVE LIFE OR WHATEVER. I mean, I’m not into love. I treat guys as normal friends or even sisters. But I’m not lesbian, that’s for sure.

“Hye In!”

I jumped, startled by the sudden, loud voice.

“You’ve scare me, KIM SOO MIN!” I yelled.

“HAHA! That’s my motive!” she laughed.

Let me introduce you my best friend, Kim Soo Min. A girl I had known for three years. I knew her inside out. Her latest hobby was busy finding news about her favorite Korean boy bands. She was a total fan maniac of various boy bands and even in love with them. Oh gawd, that was the only thing I could say, Or could I even say she ‘boy-crazy’?

“Eh, let’s go, the bus is here.” Soo Min pulled my hand to the bus.

“Yeah, Kim Soo Min, I waited ten minutes for you. Can I expect any apology from you?” I said as I boarded the bus and moved swiftly into the middle of the bus. The bus was packed as usual.

“Well, okay, I’m sorry.” She smiled.

“Hey, I bought SHINee’s newest album yesterday! I love their songs! You know, Minho’s rap is so…”

I pretended to listen to her attentively. Even if I met any idols on the streets, I guessed I did not even know they were idols. I’m not a kpop fan, and I did not even know who SHINee was. I’m a klutz! I loved to stay at home and read manga; I did not follow the hallyu wave trend or whatever. I DON’T CARE, ALRIGHT?

 

*********************************

 

Soo Min and I walked towards the gate swiftly and noticed that there were bunch or girls rushing out of the school gate with signboards like “KIKWANG, SARANGHAE!!!”, “HANDSOME DOOJOON!” and others. What’s going on?

“OMO! I FORGOT THAT BEAST IS COMING TO OUR SCHOOL TODAY!” Soo Min yelled straight at my ear. WHAT THEEEEEEE! I’M GOING TO BE DEAF!

“WHAT? WHO IS BEAST? IS HE FROM BEAUTY AND THE BEAST STORY? OR WHICH ANIMAL IS COMING TO OUR SCHOOL AS EXHIBITION?” I yelled back to her ear. HA.

My questions were obviously left unanswered. Without knowing, Soo Min dragged me out of the gate. I’m stuck with those girls now.

“Kim Soo Min! I’m going back to class!” I shouted as the whole atmosphere was so noisy.

“NO! HAN HYE IN, YOU HAVE TO ACCOMPANY ME!” Soo Min yelled again, grabbing my wrist tight.

I left with no other choice. “BEAST! BEAST!” some girls screamed. A van drove right outside our school gate and pulled to a stop. “CAN I GO BACK NOW?” I’m trying to project my voice louder than ever. Obviously Soo Min was busy screaming, not paying attention to me. WHAT THE HECK.

 

Soo Min’s POV

 

“BEAST! BEAST! BEAST!” I’m screaming on the top of my lungs. I screamed louder than ever when the car door opened. The first guy who came out was Yoon Doojoon! Followed by Yong Junhyung! GOSH! MY BIAS! KYA!!!!!! I’m going to faint, did he just winked at my direction? Lee Kikwang, Yang Yoseob, Jang Hyunseung and Son Dongwoon came out after that.

They lined out in a row and greeted us with a 90 degree bow. “Annyeonghaseyo, we are BEAST!”

What a good harmony! Then with their manager hyung, they were escorted into the school. The fan girls, including me, ran after them. Yet, I was stopped my Hye In.

“Let’s go in when the entire crowd subsided. This is so crazy!” Hye In exclaimed. I smiled.

 

Junhyung’s POV

“I didn’t expect that we are so popular in this school!” Dongwoon exclaimed.

“That’s for sure, maknae. Who are we? WE ARE BEAST!” Yoseob said proudly. Aish, this boy.

“The funniest thing is that we are in the same class, studying the same thing regardless of our ages.” I laughed as I adjusted my fringe properly.

“Enough, boys. Remember, you all are idols, have to behave yourselves well! Our company wants you all to study, just do it. Besides, school life is fun!” my dearest manager hyung added and escorted us into our empty classroom.

“Well, sit in this last column. From the youngest to the oldest, please. The youngest sit in front, oldest sit at the back.” Manager hyung requested as we moved swiftly to our seats.

“Why we have to sit like this?” I asked, since I wanted to sit with Yoseob.

“You have to bond with your classmates. What for you come to school if you sit with your fellow members?” Manager hyung grinned.

That’s right…whatever. I’m glad that I’m the 2nd last one from the back. Just then a stream of students walked in. My dear classmates, I supposed. I heard my name in from the crowd of girls, am I popular? Yes, I am! I wondered which lucky classmate could sit beside Yong Junhyung since the tables were arranged in two by twos.

That girl, I saw earlier at the gate. Unlike the other fan girls, she was pouting, with annoyed look and folded arms when she saw my members and I. I remembered I tried to wink at her but she did not saw me. She sat down beside me without any expressions.

 

Hye In’s POV

 

What? Why there’s BEAST member sitting beside me? Why he could not sit elsewhere but right beside me?

“Hello, what’s your name?” he asked in a friendly tone.

Okay, no harm knowing an idol classmate.

“Han Hye In.”

He flipped his hair and flashed a grin. “Nice name.”

“Gamsahapnida, what’s your name then?” I asked.

He gave me a suspicious look and his face gradually went close to mine. “What? Are you kidding me?” he whispered. He was too close that I could smell his minty, fresh breath. What he want?!

“I’m not kidding, I really don’t know your name, beast’s member.” I said and pushed him back to his seat.

His jaws dropped and looked at me in disbelief. “Well, I’m from BEAST and my name is Yong Junhyung. I’m a rapper but not a of BEAST.”

I laughed a little. “Yong Jonghyun?”

“Yong Junhyung.” He corrected. “I’m from BEAST, not SHINee nor CN BLUE.”

I gave him an ‘OHHH~” face. “Ah Yong Junhyung? Sorry, I’m kind of mixed up your name with other guy.”

“It’s okay.” He shrugged.

Ms Kwon stepped in, with her unusual cheerfulness. Even an idiot knows what she thinking about.

“Good morning class!”

After the usual greeting, or even a lively greeting, she began her lessons.

“I see new faces. BEAST!”

Everyone gave a round of applause. Without knowing, Ms Kwon walked towards my desk. Correction, Junhyung’s desk.

“Junhyung! Can I get your autograph?” Ms Kwon asked shyly. Gross.

“Junhyung, I love your raps and like to learn rapping! Can you teach me how to rap after school?”

I could see Junhyung smiled awkwardly and signed anyway. “I have schedules after school, I’ll too busy for that.”