Handkerchief.

Will It Be Love?

Jennie's POV

Flashback

I went to attend our family dinner  before the classes starts. My parents were glad to see me but my brother, Namjoon, hmmmmm. All he did was to annoy me. But I know it's the way of showing his love and care to his little sister.

" Lil sis, I heard Taehyung is back?" Namjoon said out of the blue. I choked with the food I ate. I quickly drink some water and fixed myself. Who the hell told him? Oh S***. Taehyung is a cousin of Mark, probably Nayeon told him. Urghh.

"Really? You should invite him, Jen." My mom said.

" I don't think it's a good idea mom. I mean I think he's kinda busy with some stuffs." I explained. "That's what he told me when we saw each other at Nayeon's wedding." I continued.

"Oh he was there too?" My mom asked. I nodded. 

"You sure he's busy? or you just don't want to see him?" Namjoon teased.

"He's busy." I only said and glared to my annoying brother.

The dinner was excellent , almost excellent. If my brother just stop teasing me to Taehyung. Can they moved on? I've already move on. Was I?

End of Flashback

💎

3 weeks has passed since the classes started. Everything was doing fine. I think so. Rosé was trying her best to stay calm and not talk to Jungkook. Well, she told us about that guy who was rude to her and to Mr. MinHo. She was really mad to that guy. Jisoo and Jin continued to be a fake couple. Sometimes their actions are real, making us question if it is still part of their deal. Then there's Lisa who was so vocal with her love to Jimin but not the other way around.  Me and my girls arrived at school exactly 8am today. Lisa woke up late coz according to her, she was busy talking with Jimin thru phone last night. Since Lisa doesn't know to drive, we waited for her. I decided not to attend my first class which started by 7:30 am. I went to the library and read in advance some stuffs for my classes.

 As I was reading, I saw Taehyung with his friends, Jin and Jimin. I didn't know they are friends until Jisoo told me that day when she gave Taehyung my phone number. Jimin was also a friend but at first I thought he was just a professional singer who was hired to sing for Nayeon and Mark's wedding.

I noticed Taehyung was walking with difficulty. Jin was trying to help to assist Taehyung but he just refused it.

"Are you sure you are okay Tae?" Jin asked. He nodded. "You can skip the practice. I'll tell the coach. Let your feet rest, okay?" he continued. 

" Nah. I'm okay. It's a little sprain guys. No need to worry. I already put it with some ice this morning." Taehyung explained.

"You really are hard headed Taehyung." Jimin said. "Remind me to punch Jungkook when I see him." he continued.

"Haha. Crazy. He was in rush this morning that's why."

They went out from the library. Thank God, they did not see me eavesdropping them. I did not know Jungkook is a friend of them too. I went back reading my book. I tried not to think about what I've heard. 

"Focus Jennie Kim." I muttered.

💎

The day ended okay. I didn't met Taehyung and his friends throughout the day. I texted the girls that I'm coming home late since I will be having a taekwondo session. 

Since I did not brought my car today, coz Jisoo volunteered to drive this morning so her car was used, I took a cab. I arrived in the place not more than 30 mins. 

"I'm still early." I thought. I went to a store first to buy some bottled water. After I bought and went out from the store, I saw Taehyung also went out from a pharmacy, which is just beside the store I went in. He was surprised to see me.  I noticed he purchased something, i think it's a medicine. Is he really in pain? If he's injured, he should see a doctor. 

"Hey Jennie. Long time no see." He greeted me while putting the medicine in his bag.

"Hi."I greeted him back but not looking directly in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked

"I'm going to attend my taekwondo session." I answered.

"I see. It's amazing you're still into it. What level are you right now?"

"I'm already a black belter."

"That's good." 

"So how about you? What did you buy there?" I asked him while pointing the pharmacy.

"Oh, I bought some medication for Sunsky." he answered.

" Sunsky? Another fling?" I asked. I know I don't have the right to ask but I am curious. He laughed.

"No. Sunsky is a dog." He answered. Thank God. I felt relief. WTH Jennie, why am I acting like this?

"I see. " I said. Taehyung was still the Taehyung I used to know. He doesn't want others to worry him. Not that I worry him. I'm not being defensive. Well his friends were worried. Like this situation, he even lied.

"Okay,  I need to go. " I said and he nodded. I left him. I purposely dropped my handkerchief to see if he's going to get it for me. 

"Jennie!!!" He called. My planned did work. I heard him for the first time but I did not look back. He called again. The voice was going louder, he was approaching me. I looked back and saw that he is walking difficulty.

"Uhm. Yes?" I asked.

" You're handkerchief." He said as he was catching his breath.

"Thanks. Uhm. What's wrong with you? Are you in pain?" I asked. 

"Uhm No. What are you talking about?" He said. Okay Tae Tae , keep on lying.

I dropped again my handkerchief. I bent down to get it. After I got it, I pressed his right ankle. He screamed in pain.

"WTF Jennie. What are you doing?" he shouted on me.

"I thought you are not in pain. Keep lying Taehyung." I said. "Just take a rest and go see a doctor." I continued.

"How did you know?"

"Your voices were loud in the library. That's it I have to go." I said. As I turned my back to him, he stopped me.

"Wait! So you're eavesdropping?" He asked.

"Not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not." 

"So let's us say you're not eavesdropping, someone just told you. So you are worried about me?" he asked teasingly.

"I just don't want the varsity team to suffer because of your injury." I said

"Really?"

"So what happened with your foot?"I asked.

"Well Jungkook was in a rushed this morning. He accidentally bumped me and then the rest was history." he explained. All I said was "Okay".

"Since you knew already my injury, you have to accompany me to the doctor." he said 

"Why?" I asked

"I need a significant other. The doctor, for sure, will ask me to have someone to accompany me." 

"Are you kidding me? Tell your friends. Don't bother me."

"Do you see my friends?" he smirked.

I sighed.  I think I did lose in this argument. 

💎

Here we are right now at an orthopedic clinic. We're still waiting for our turn. I put my headset and listen some songs to ease my boredom. The reality is to ease the awkwardness between me and Taehyung and I don't want to talk to him right. I texted my friend who also a taekwondo player that I'm not going to attend today's session. Taehyung was just using his phone as he waits. Then the secretary called Taehyung's name. Taehyung stood up and when he passed by the secretary, the secretary stopped him. 

"Hi Taehyung Kim. I'm Lassie. Do you have plans after this?" she asked. " Since you are the last patient the doctor will see, maybe we can you know? Go outside and have dinner?" she continued

"Is she okay? Taehyung is still a college student?" I thought. The secretary  is in her late 20's I think.

"Uhm. Thank you for your invitation. But I have a girlfriend and she's right over there. We had a bit misunderstanding that's why we're not talking."He explained and then he looked at me and made a peace sign. I just rolled my eyes to him.

After 10-15 mins, he went out from the doctor's room. I stood up and approach him.

"So what did the doctor said?"I asked him

"It's just a little sprain. I just need to take a rest for 2-3 days, put some ice for 15 mins  thrice a day and take some pain relievers." he answered.

"Okay. I thought it was serious." I said as I worried. 

"Nah. You sounded like my real girlfriend. "he said. "And I like that."he continued and smiled.

"Whatever. Don't tell anyone that I accompanied you here. Okay?"

"Okay Boss." he said and then we left.