Fondness

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

"I can't believe we are cooking on a field trip." Sighed Youngjae for the nth time. "Just shut up and go saute these onions."  Mark hand him a bowl of freshly cut onion before he got another sigh from the latter. Now he's left alone with a big bowl of tomatoes that requires him to cut them. Minutes after, suddenly a hand reach for some of the tomatoes to cut them. Mark look up and see it's none other than his teacher."I'm sorry." He let out. Jackson looks up at the redhead with raised eyebrows. "I mean it's my fault that we get caught." 

"I'm more amazed that you're able to say sorry." Jackson chuckled at his student who's looking down with a slight pout. "I'm not as bad as you think ok." He said, pouting still. "I know you're not Mark, but nevermind that, I'm not mad at you so don't be sorry." Mark nod at that, eyes still on the tomatoes. It didn't stay that way for long until his eyes start to ogling the other's arm. Eyes elsewhere, knife in hand, doesn't take long until he cut his own finger. 

"ow !" He let go the knife in an instant. That caught the other's attention. Quickly Jackson pulls Mark towards the sink and keeps water flow over the wound, washing away the blood. Mark winced a bit at the pain but he doesn't pull away still. After making sure the blood has stopped flowing, Jackson take the first aid kit and aid the wound. "This is what you got for not being careful." Mark look at Jackson who's wrapping his finger with a stink eye. "Just whose fault is this," he whispered under his breath. The other look up to him. "What did you say?" Quickly Mark shakes his head and looks elsewhere.

"Just leave it to me, I'll cut em all." Jackson said, back to cutting the tomatoes. Mark do as he's told. He took a chair and sit in front of the latter. When the cutting board is full with fresh cut tomatoes, Jackson proceeds to pour it into the bowl, but he stopped when he saw the already-cut tomatoes inside it. "Just how did you managed to cut them this ugly." He looks at the redhead with an unbelievable face.

Mark shrugged, "The look doesn't affect the taste." and said confidently. "You don't care or you just don't know how to cook." Jackson squinted his eyes. Looking at the way Mark shifted uncomfortably in his chair, he knows he caught the later. "I thought you live alone." Mark nods at the statement. "So how did you manage your meals if you can't even do this properly."

"Instant food invented for a reason." He answered casually. "But it's not good for a heavy intake Mark there are loads of msg, -" A hand stop his mouth.

"Ok stop right there." He pulls back his hand. "First, I only eat it occasionally. Second, thanks to my generous neighbor I always have a tasty meal on time. (It's Jinyoung btw.), Third, my workplace provide us meals on time. (Actually, it's just a simple sandwich.) So basically I'm eating healthily so don't you start your not-so-delightful nagging I swear." He said all of that in one breath.

"With that thin figure and paleness, are you sure you are eating properly? Skipping breakfast is bad enough." He said as he points at Mark's body.

"I'm just not a morning person, I'd rather skip breakfast than getting up early just to eat before going to school." He starts to play with one of the tomatoes.

"Have you always been like this?"

"Nope, we had a cook before." He let out mindless.

"A cook?" That's when he realized what he said. "No I mean...no..." Jackson looks at him still, with a raised eyebrow. Mark sigh. "Our family had a cook before, so I never think of learning cause I thought why would I when we have someone else to cook for us on time. Honestly, I don't really remember how did our kitchen look like." Mark said, even though he tried to hide it, his eyes don't lie. Jackson saw the sadness in his eyes, and it sent a kind of weird feeling in his heart. One thing he is sure of is he is fond of the broken soul in front of him.

"Well, it is not too late if you start learning now." He tries to shift the boy's attention. "Oh please I had enough with school, I'm not signing up for cooking class now." Mark shook his head at his unbelievable teacher. "Did I say anything about cooking class Mr.Tuan?" Mark raise his eyebrow. "Then what?" Jackson point at himself with a proud smile on his face. "I can teach you." 

"..."

"What? You think I'm ? Just wait until you taste the food made by this golden hand of mine." Jackson said proudly, with a cheeky face. Mark giggle at his stupid-looking teacher. Hearing those giggles send a funny feeling inside Jackson's tummy. "Fine then, I'll think about it after I taste whatever made by that so-called golden hand of yours." He said between his laugh.

Jackson doesn't know why but looking at how the redhead laugh makes him smile. 'So he can also make this kind of face.' He thought that maybe he should make the latter laugh more often because yes he is pretty but wearing a smile is better than his usual frown.

Later on, during dinner, Mark tasted one of the foods made by Jackson, and damn, he can't deny the tastiness. Just like that Mark agree to learn cooking from Jackson.