The truth

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

It was such a nice evening. The light blue sky complementing the bright green grass. It felt so picture perfect. It was like those kinds of ideal days where couples, families, and friends would be spending the day out. But unfortunately, that was not it for a certain blonde.

 

"Three more to go!" She looks back at the panting blonde behind her. "Is that all you got while being a 17? Faster! we got squat to do next!" Hearing that caused his eyes to go wide.

"Eh?!" "Oh my god, where did she get those stamina in her? I won't be doing this if not for Jackson. ARGHHH!"  He screams internally.

 

They were having a meal at a French restaurant when Mrs. Wang suddenly voice out that it would be nice to go for a light run after eating. Mark thought that it was a good idea since it has been a while since he did a workout under the sun. But what she meant by a light run was a non-stop 20 laps around the park and the park was not in the size that you could call small either.

Jackson and Mr.Wang? They were long done with their laps. Of course, the laps was an easy task for them the athletes but for Mark who has long stopped doing these things find it hard to keep up with them but, Mrs.Wang was kind enough to slow her pace down to Mark's. 

Finally, the two finish their laps and met with the other two whose doing light stretching under the shade of a tree. Immediately Mark plopped down on his knee on the grass while Mrs.Wang join the others. "The cons of dating an athlete." He said between his breaths. Three of them laugh at the puffing blonde.

"Alright, because I'm in a good mood today, we don't have have to do squats. Let's just chill around here." 

"Ow thank god~" He breathed out in relieved. 

Then a hand holding mineral water bottle came into his view. "Drink this." He looks up and it was his boyfriend with his dazzling sweet smile. He returns the smile and gladly accepts it. He gulped down the water in one shot then accidentally let out a small burp. "Sorry." They only chuckled at him. After a while, they decided to stroll around. Mark was walking at the front meanwhile the other three was behind him. Of course, Jackson wanted to walk by the blonde but his mom holds him in place between her and her husband.

"His cuteness is making it hard for me to test him," Mrs.Wang said to his husband and son in Mandarin. She purposely speaks in a normal tone because she thought that the blonde won't be able to understand them anyway. Oh, how she was wrong.

"I told you there's nothing to test of him. He's nothing like those gold digger."

"How can you be so sure of that?" His dad asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because of the way he treated me or how he never ask anything from me (?) But there are things about him that I know that ensure me of what kind of a person he truly is. I don't know what but something inside me just clicked when I first met him. And the longer and more I know him and his story, the more I want to hold him. Guess I don't care if he's with me just for my money or for me anymore, as long as it's him, I'm willing to." 

His dad smiles at his son's words. But their little moment was interrupted when Mrs.Wang smacked him in his head. "You stupid son, do you know how much do we own for you to sacrifice it all for something you call love? Xiah already brought us a big loss and I am not allowing that again."

"Gosh stop with her, I-" He was about to argue his mom when out of the blue Mark stop in his track. He turns to face them, his face is unreadable. Then suddenly he smiles.

"I may not know anything about what happened with that Xiah girl but I'm sure she must have left a big impact that you keep worrying about me being like her. But whatever and however she is, I assure you that I am nowhere near that because I am me, not her. And I am not pathetic enough to live with some stranger just for their money. Your son's wealth got nothing to do with me loving him. Him being Wang Jackson does. So my point is, you don't need to worry because nothing like what you imagined will happen." And that was such flawless Mandarin. He ended it, again with the same smile before turning around and continue his walk. 

"oh my god, you didn't tell me he spoke Mandarin! Now look what happened!" She screams in a whisper at his son, watching the blonde walk away. 

"Don't blame me, it was your fault! And I don't know he speaks Mandarin!" He replied in the same tone. "He's your boyfriend how can you not know! Your father even know my menstrual cycle after our first date!"

"That was because you were being too open for a first date!"

"Whatever now go after him!" She pushed her son forward, ending their little argument.

 

"Mark wait!" He shouts out the younger who's having no intention to do so. Picking up his pace, he grabbed the blonde's arm and turn him around. 
"Please let me explain."

"Explain what? About how your mom has been doing nothing more than judging me because of my unpleasant background or how she keeps comparing me to whoever that ing Xiah is?" 

"Baby that's not what she meant. As you said, that woman did leave a big impact on us, she made my family almost close down our restaurant business. They can't help but being extra cautious when I said I'm in a new relationship. But I promise you, your background got nothing to do with what they are doing to you, it's all about them worrying about me, that's all. I am so so so sorry about my mom's behavior towards you, I'll talk to her later. Okay?"

He hangs his head low and sighs. 

"Nevermind, It's me that should be sorry about my act earlier. I knew I should have been more understanding because of our difference but I let my emotions took over me. I should apologize to your parent."

Jackson pulls the blonde into his embrace. "No baby there's nothing for you to be sorry about. And please don't say that. There is no difference between us. Be confident about yourself and claim what's yours proudly."

That somehow able to bring a small smile on the younger's face. "Thank you" He wrapped his slender arms around the elder.

 

"Mark." They broke the hug and turn to look at the owner of the voice. Mr.Wang and Mrs.Wang were standing in front of them. 

"I- " Mark started but was cut off by the older woman.

"I am so sorry about my behavior I shouldn't be harsh towards you but here I am hurting this innocent boy I am sorry please don't hate me." She said with a pout. 

"No it's okay, I am sorry for being rude to you earlier," Mark said with a soft smile.

"No no you were not. What you said made me realized about my stupid acts towards you. It was my fault for doubting my son's choice. I am truly sorry Mark."

"it's okay and I'm okay so stop apologizing Mrs.Wang."

"Aiyaa stop calling me like that, just call me mom." She pulls him into a motherly hug. "I will love whoever my son chose like my own son." Mark smiles at that and whispered a small thank you at her. Jackson and his father smile in relieved while witnessing the moment.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"How can I not know about you speaking Mandarin? I mean after all these time?" The four of them are sitting in the car, heading back home with Jacksom driving and Mark beside him.

"You never ask."

"That is something way too random to ask out of other questions existed." He intertwined their hands.

"I thought my real name alone was enough for you to figure it out."

"But you were LA born and raised. I thought English was all that you know."

"Remember that I told about how I never really use Korean even after I moved here? That was because I either use English OR Mandarin at home and I went to International school so obviously English take the lead." 

"Again, I got something new about you."

"My former school is not new when it was written in my student's information and you have that. Do you at least know that I enrolled in our school in the middle of freshman year?" 

"Ummm maybe I also missed that." Mark's jaw dropped at that. "What's the point of you making a damn copy of my data when you gonna miss the important ?"

"Please don't get mad." He fakes his tears and voice. "I've only been focusing on your job and address that I forgot to read everything in there. I promise I will read it right after we get home." He stops at the red light and turns to look at the blonde with his puppy eyes. Mark squinted his eyes at the elder before letting a big sigh. "Fine, I forgive you." Jackson smiles in victory and kisses the younger soft hand before focusing back on the road. 

Their parent just witnessed the scene in silence.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

They were having a wine after eating dinner cooked by Jackson and Mark. And don't worry, Jackson made sure that Mark is having nothing other than juice.

"Jackon can I have a taste please?" He pleads the elder using his most cute baby face and he made sure to do the little tug on the other's shirt which Mark knew was his biggest weakness.

"Nope." He replied dryly.

"Just a little." He pouts harder.

"Tuan YiEn." He hissed at the younger, causing the puppy to drop his ears sadly. That was enough to make the elder stop his act. He put down his glass and starts to persuade the younger. 

"It's not that-" His words were stopped by the sound of shattering glass. Shocked, both of them look at the source of the sound, across them Mr.Wang and Mrs.Wang look at the blonde in a daze. Immediately Jackson runs to his mother side and checks on her. "Mom, what's wrong? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"W-What's your n-name?" Instead of answering her son, she questioned the blonde. "Eh?" Mark looks at them confusedly. 

"Please say it."

"Um, Tuan Yi En. Anything wrong with it?" Her breath hitched at that. "Mom what's wrong?"  Jackson starts to get worried.

Mr.Wang who was a bit calmer than her wife decides to ask again. "Sorry if I was wrong but are you perhaps Raymond and Dorine's son?" 

Mark was surprised at that. "How do you know my parent?" As if on cue a tear slide down Mrs.Wang's cheek. 

"You... We found you, Oh my dear." She rose from her seat and went to engulf the confused blonde in a tight hug. "Finally we found you." She sobs and Mark who is still confused about the situation just rub her back soothingly. "I-I'm sorry f-for taking so long to find you." She said between her sob. "I'm sorry for letting y-you suffer alone I'm sorry for n-not being there when you need us I'm s-sorry." Mark who gets more confused shot Jackson a questioned look but Jackson replies with a shrug. Mr.Wang makes his way to his wife side and pat her back softly.

She pulls away and looks at the blonde with a soft motherly look. She runs her thumb against the younger's cheek. "We kept our promise to you, my bestfriend." She says.

Mark just let the woman do so until she calms herself. 

"Sophia, I think we must tell him everything first," Mr.Wang said while caressing her head. She wipes her tears, "That's right, let's do that."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"I know this must too sudden for you but, we know your parent, so well especially your father. I've known him ever since we were still in dypers." Mr.Wang started. "So um how should I say this. Your parent, they left you in our care." Mark look at him in confusion. "I'm sorry but, what? I don't even know you before."

"Your confusion is understandable but actually we are not a complete stranger. We have met before when you were 5 at your parent's mansion during a dinner party. Jackson was also there."

"That was twelve years ago... I do remember attending my first formal dinner party with my parent but there were too many guests so I don't..."

"I understand, you were still five when we met. But you," He looks at his son, "I can't believe you forgot about him. You were all over him saying how cute his cheek was but here you are not recognizing him." 

"How can I know he was the one you were looking for all these years." He said with a pout.

"Aigoo okay nevermind that, I need to tell you something really important, it's about your parent and the properties they left for you."

"My aunt took them away and left me with nothing."

"No boy, they didn't. Do you think your parent would really leave their only sweetheart with nothing prepared? They knew about your evil aunt agenda. What she has seized from you was only a quarter of their wealth. Everything has been planned ever since you were a child. What your parent left for her was their lowest profit-making business and everything else has been left to you like written in their will and we, their bestfriend, will be your guardian if anything ever happens to them. But yeah, we didn't expect them to leave so soon that it was all too sudden for us." He breathes in deeply, trying to stop from tearing up.

"My whole family were in France when we got the news. Immediately we fly to Korea, to your house. We wanted to bring you back with us but by the time we arrived, the mansion was empty. We didn't make it to the funeral but we made it to the hearing. Your aunt lied about how you didn't want to leave your room and because of your absence, everything your parent left to you and all their business fell into my care. That went crazy after she knows that what she got is just a quarter of their properties and she made herself went behind the bars by admitting that she kicked you out and seized everything including what was left to you alone." By now Mark is flooding with tears. Jackson brought the younger into his arms and soothe him any way he can.

"After knowing that, of course, we gave out an order to search for a boy with the name Tuan Yi En everywhere possible in this world. We searched in every school, every orphanage existed around the world, and we even break the internet and news, all of it just to look for one boy, you. But every single day, all we got was nothing. Just like that, everything dies down and everyone forgets about it. Your parent and me along with my wife, we made a promise to each other which is if anything ever happened to either of us, we will take care of each other's child. So until now, I've been managing your parent's business and we have been keeping up with all the names registered in every school, hoping to see the one name we are looking for. I promised myself to look for you and protect you and today, it is fulfilled."

"But how did we missed you? We also keep an eye on that school so how?" Sophia still can't accept the fact they missed his name after all these years.

Then everything clicked inside Mark's head. "Daniel...He must know about this. After he brought me in, he kept me inside for months, he insisted on dying my hair and change my hairstyle. During those times, all of the tv in the cafe weirdly broke down and fixed after 7 months. He knew about my real name but he still registered me in the school as a Mark Tuan and that was...6 months after he found me. But why? Why didn't he tell me anything?" He's having a mixed feeling. He can't understand why would his dad did that to him. He knew how much the younger would want to know about his family so why? And even Jin-.

His thoughts stop midway. "Jinyoung." He said. Immediately he gets his phone and type in a familiar name.

"Yes Markie?"

"Can you please come to Jackson's place now? I have something to ask you and it's important." Jinyoung knows something is up by the way the younger talk.

"Kay be there in five." He hangs up.

"Who's Daniel and Jinyoung?" Mrs.Wang asks the blonde. 

"Daniel was my dad and Jinyoung is one of the workers at the cafe. He brought me in after he found me unconscious on the street. But I only told them about mommy and daddy died and aunty kicked me out and he promised to protect me. I've been living with them at his cafe ever since and Jinyoung has been a good brother to me. But dad, he died last year and the cafe closed down. I started living alone since then." Mr.wang and Mrs.Wang nod, taking in the new information.

Jackson rubs his thumb against the blonde's arm "Your dad must have his own reasons. I'm sure he doesn't mean anything bad and from what you told me about him, I'm sure he must have loved you dearly to hurt you in any way."

Suddenly Mrs.Wang went to sit beside the blonde. She placed her palm on the younger's head. "I'm glad we found you. It was so devastating that we almost give up the searching but, I'm glad we didn't. We miss you Yi En." 

He smiles warmly at the woman. "Thank you for finding me."

Then the bell rings. Jackson went to bring the guess in.

"Mark?" The said boy turns to face the owner of the voice. "Hyung." He skips towards the man and pulls him to sit on the sofa beside him. 

"I need one thing from you right now which is your honesty."

"What do you mean?"

"Answer me honestly, do you and Daniel knew me?" Jinyoung is nothing more than confused at the moment. "Of course we do Mark."

"No, ok let me rephrase. Do both of you know the true Tuan Yi En? Do you guys know about what happened while I was living at the cafe? The spreading news, the media, the searching of me and, just-just everything. Do you?" Jinyoung went quiet. His expression is unreadable as he looks at the blonde.

"Answer me, hyung." Mark looks at him with pleading eyes. He is desperate to know the answer.

"We do. We knew everything and has been keeping it a secret from you. Do you know, the cafe he owned was originally one of your parent's branch. Daniel met you once when you were 6, on the day they sign the agreement. One day we saw the news about you and he immediately recognized you. The day after that, he found you on the street unconscious. He thought of contacting the person that has been looking for you but after what you told him, Daniel tried his best to avoid letting you out to the public eyes. He was afraid if your aunt is out there running loose." He stops and wipes the tear that running down the blonde's red cheeks.

"Seeing how depressed you were, he was so determined to keep you safe with him until the end of his day. Don't you find it weird? Of why he enrolled you in a school after 6 months you live with him? That was because things finally died down and no one cares about the case anymore. Another thing we hide from you was, Daniel actually died from cancer, not a heart attack. It was too late when we found out and he asked me to keep it a secret from you. I wanted to tell you so badly but I don't have the heart to. You are too precious to me that I don't want to hurt you. I am sorry for hiding it all from you Mark."

Mark sighs deeply at the other's words. He doesn't know how to feel and what to say. He feels thankful yet betrayed. He wants to say thanks yet it won't come out.

"I want to ask you one last question. Why did you stay near me after Daniel's gone?"

"Because after all those years of being with you, I've grown fond of you. You know about how I lost my brother in a car accident right. You gave me the same feeling of wanting to protect and care for someone. That was why I can't just leave you alone. My heart tells me to not let you go." Another batch of tears streams down his face as he throws his arms around the elder's neck.

"Thank you hyung." Jinyoung rubs the younger's back gently. Mark pulls away and looks at him with a pout. "But please don't hide anything from me again, promise?" He holds out his pinky finger.

Jinyoung smiles warmly, "Promise." and link his finger around the smaller one. 

______________________________________________________________________

 

That night after everything calmed down and everyone went back to their respective room, Mark sits in the hammock at the garden, while enjoying the silence. His mind went back to the question given by Mr.Wang before.

Flashback

"So Mark, what do you say? You have always been the only heir of your father's business and now that you are here, I think it's time for it to go back to its owner. But I am not forcing this onto you, you are free to choose for your future. Please take your time and do notify me when you make up your mind." He pats the younger's shoulder before making his way into the house, leaving the younger alone with his busy mind.

Mark let his body fall into the hammock as his mind is busy thinking about his future

End of flashback

He looks up in the sky and sighs heavily. His head is as heavy as his heart. He is not least interested in taking over the business but he feels bad to put it all in Mr.Wang's care. He's not stupid to not know how much pressure and burden does one needs to bear in handling a major business. His late father won't have a freaking punching bag in his office for nothing. 

"Hahhh." Another big sigh slipped out of his lips. For the first time in his life, he wants to gulp down alcohol into his system on his own will. He wants to stop thinking and forget for a while.

And he does exactly that.

Heavily his legs bring him to the fridge and went back outside with three cans of beer in his hands. Jackson is asleep so there is no one to stop him now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been an hour but the younger is still nowhere near the bed. Worried, Jackson decided to look for the younger. He walks across the living room and saw the blonde walking in the garden. He was about to went back upstairs when he saw what the blonde was holding. Hurriedly he skips to the garden.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

He cracked open the beer and bring it to his lips but before he could get a sip of it, the beer was snatched out of his hand. He looks up and saw his boyfriend finshing the beer in a shot.

After finishing the whole can, he crashed the can in his hand and throw it into the trash can. He looks at the younger with eyes full of anger. 

"I know and I understand that everything must be hard on you right now but that doesn't give you enough reason to get drunk over. You are not even 17 *( because of his late birth date.) yet here you are destroying your body as soon as possible."

Mark put his head down and whispered, "I'm sorry, it was just too much that I hope to forget everything." 

Sighing, Jackson take another can and sits beside the younger. He cracked it open and take a sip of it. 

"I'm here aren't I? Tell me when it's hard and let me share your burden. I'm not your boyfriend for nothing." Mark look at Jackson's side profile before leaning his head on that wide shoulder.

"I don't know what to do. All of a sudden everything is just too heavy as if someone has thrown a big rock on me. It's bearable but I'm barely standing." 

"I understand that feeling. The exact same burden I felt when my dad said I should take over his business if I don't want to do fencing. But after my brother said that he would do it in my steed, it was as if someone has lifted up the rock and I can stand right up again." He takes another big sip, finishing it all. 

"Stop drinking, it's just as bad for your body and you will get drunk." Mark stop the elder with worried written over his face. "I can handle two of them, dear." And he did the same to the can before throwing it into the trash can. 

He looks at the younger who's looking at him with worried eyes. He pretty sure he isn't drunk but somehow tonight Mark look fluffier and smaller than usual.

Following his urge, he brings the blonde onto his laps and wrapped his arm around the younger's waist and the other on the younger's lap. Mark who was confused with the sudden act gives him a questioned look.

"Just wanted to have my baby in my arms." He said, knowing what's playing in the younger's mind.

"About your father's business, you can just tell my dad that you don't want to do it you know."

"But I feel bad. He has been handling it for four years which mean the pressure and stress have doubled since then. But then, I also have my own dreams and it will require my full attention and time."

"Tell me about your dream." Unconsciously he rubs his thumbs against the other's waist.

"I want to be an interior designer. I've always loved building up a house miniature ever since I was a child. Well, I mostly do the inside part because I love it and leave out the outer part for our maids to get them done. You know, I even have a room filled with my collection." He smiles like a kid at the memory of his house miniature collection. Jackson looks at the younger with heart in his eyes. "I started having that dream when I was seven because designing a mini house can't satisfy me anymore. I wanted to design a whole real house and that was when my father said that I can be an interior designer."

"You can fulfill it now, I will support you in anything you do."

"But the business..."

"Your dream is the priority here. Don't worry about my dad, he will understand you and plus, my brother will finish his studies next year so it's not long until my dad let go of his burden. Well, it's not actually a burden since he has been doing what he loves all his life. Stop worrying okay?"

Mark nods, finally meeting the end of his endless thoughts. 

He doesn't know what's gotten into him, but the younger look so tempting right now. Being a healthy 23 years old man is not easy when having such a delicious-looking yet a minor boyfriend.

Feeling the intense stare given by his boyfriend, Mark turned to face him and soon greeted with the other's lustful eyes. He knows that look.

He wrapped his slender arms around the elder's neck before locking their lips together. It was nice and slow but soon turn heated and lustful. Jackson's naughty hand runs over those juicy thighs and he squeezes it, causing a moan to escape the blonde's lips. Jackson took the chance to slides his tongue inside that warm mouth and explore every inch of it.

Another moan came from the blonde and it went straight to his . Jackson growls at the feeling. Mark knows what his boyfriend wants. Slowly he slides his hand down the elder's body. 

In an instant, Jackson grabs the smaller's wrist. "Don't." He hissed. 

"But you..."

"I'll take care of it myself." He left one last peck on Mark's lips. "Let's go inside, it's getting colder out here." He was about to put the younger down when the blonde put both his small fist against the elder's chest.

"What about you and...your problem?" He points down at you know what. His doe eyes blink twice at the older and that did no good to him. 

"I'll take care of it later so don't mind about it okay?"

"Why? You think I can't satisfy you?" 

"Mark no. You are the only one in this world who can satisfy me but not now because you are still too young for that." Then he lowers down beside the blonde's red ear. "But when the time comes, be prepared cause I won't hold myself back." He bit his ear before looking up, back with his soft expression.

"Let's go." He put Mark down on his feet and they walk inside hand in hand. 

Jackson stopped in front of the staircase and face the younger. "Go to sleep in my room tonight. I'll be there soon." Was what he said before heading to the bathroom to take care of his problem.