The Wangs

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

It was such a fine day. No school, no tutor, No homework. Just Mark and Jackson, cuddling on the couch under the blanket with the company of nice hot chocolate and fantastic beast playing on the tv. 

It was such a comfortable silence until it was broken by Jackson's phone ringing loudly. Silently cursing his breath, Jackson reaches for his phone on the table beside his mug. He looks at the caller ID before unwillingly receiving the call.

"What." He said in English. Mark takes the remote control and turns down the volume.

"Jackson Wang you better get our room ready because we are arriving tomorrow."

"The ?! Why do you never tell me things earlier?!" He cursed in perfect Chinese. Mark's head snapped at him, shocked at his sudden outburst. Jackson mumbled a silent "sorry" and run his fingers in that blonde lock.

"In your generation, they call it; surprise."

"Surprise my . I need at least a week to mentally prepare myself."

"Ohoo do you have something you didn't tell us? Don't tell me you already have a child? Omygod Imma slice your neck and feed it to our neighbor's dog."

Cat got his tongue. Not about the child part but the secret part. Instinctively he pulls the younger closer to him.

"Wait, don't tell me it's true? THIS CHILD!! WHICH GIRL HAVE YOU-"

"NO I don't. God, stop your nonsense. I'm raised good enough to do something that lowly."

"Aiyaaa I only have two sons but both are killing me from a heart attack. Y'all already adult but still need me to kick your asses."

"Ma don't blame us when it's your wild imagination that creates those gibberish in your head."

"Look at that. Ah fine just go get our room ready and imma make sure to smack that head of yours tomorrow."  Before he could say anything, the line was cut off, the person that he called 'ma' hang up on him.

He sighs and put his phone aside. "What's up?" Mark looked up at the elder.

"My parent are coming tomorrow." Mark's eye went wide from that one sentence. "What?!!" He screamed out the biggest 'what' ever. "What should I do? How should I dress?" Jackson rolls his eyes at the panic puppy beside him.

"Yi En." The blonde ignores him and keeps on rambling

"What should I say? How should I greet them-" A kiss landed on his lips, shutting him up. 

"Chill," Jackson said to the startled boy after pulling away. Mark blink a few times to get out of his daze. 

"How could I chill when it's your parent who's coming. God how do I face them."

"Just be your usual self. They won't slice your neck and feed it to their neighbor's dog. Well not unless it's me." He whispered the last sentence to himself.

"But-"

"No buts and comere." Before he could argue, Jackson cut him off and pulls him back into his embrace. "What about their room?" He says softly while looking up at the elder. "Ah right." He takes his phone and types something in it. Second later, he put his phone back to his ear.

"Yo Jackie Wackie."

"Ew, what are you, an 80?"

"Bless my grandma for granting you that nickname."

"Whatever Henry. I have something more important to talk about. I need another cleaner today."

"What about yours? Did she slack off? Want me to discipline her?"     *(Btw, Jackson hired a cleaner that will come by once a week.)*

"Nah I gave her a week off because she got some family matter to settle."

"You never ask for another when you gave her a holiday before. What's the rush now?"

"Oldies are coming tomorrow."

"Whoa Ok, I got you. We are coming later maybe at 4? I'll notify you later."

"Aight thanks." They hung up. Mark looked at his boyfriend with a questioned look. "Who was that?"

"My friend, Henry. He owns a cleaning services company and since it came to this, better use my connection."

He nods at the information before continue slumping in the elder's arm.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Henry to Jackie wackie: 

           We are here.

 

After reading the text he got from his friend, slowly he lay the sleeping boy on the couch and gets up to open the door. He saw a car entering his driveway and make a stop right in front of the door. A man that he knows every inch of, get off from the driver side. "Jacksonie~" He runs towards the said man and wraps his limbs around him. "It's been longgg, I miss you sooo much."

"I miss you too but you're heavy." He pulls the other away. Henry who gives no about it just enters the house like it's his own, resulting in Jackson to rolls his eyes and follow him inside. "Come in." He invited the two staff who came with Henry inside.

"So what is it that you want us to clean?" Henry asked once they were in the living room. "Go upstairs. The first room to your left. Clean every inch of it and the bed sheet is inside the wardrobe."

"Yes sir." They bow to him before making their way upstairs along with their equipment.

"So, how have you been?" He asked Henry once the cleaners are not in their sight anymore.

"As usual. It's you we are talking about. I heard from Eric that you got yourself a lover and he's a minor on top of that."  He flicked his eyebrows twice and grins at his friend.

"And there he goes saying he won't tell anyone." He sighs under his breath but loud enough for the other to hear him.

"What was that? Did you plan to keep it a secret from me? You ungrateful dickhead lemme teach you a lesson." Abruptly he puts Jackson in a headlock, earning a loud protest from him. 

"You better let go now before I kill you!"

"Oh really? Try me!" He said, before tightening his hold causing the man to scream louder. On the spur of the moment, Jackson uses his free hand to tickle his side. As a reflect, he let Jackson go but that doesn't stop the other from tickling him.

"STOP STOPHH!" He manages to let out between his laugh. They were so loud that they didn't realize the moving slump on the sofa.

"Seunieee." The noises fall into silent after the soft whine came in between. "Is your house haunted?!" He asked the man in front of him in a whisper.

Before he could smack him, his big baby sits up on the sofa while rubbing his eyes. The blanket fall to his stomach, his hair is messy, his lips are pouty. 'Cute.' Was what they both thought. Before Jackson could go to his baby's aid, Henry beat him to it.

"Did it hurt cutie?"

Mark was startled when the stranger's face suddenly appears in front of his. He blinks twice at him. "W-what?"

"When you fell from heaven." He winks at the blonde and Mark's jaw drop at that cliche line. Jackson facepalm at his best friend's act. None offense was taken by him because that's how Henry Lau is. Flirty. 

"I'm sorry but Imma asks you to back off because this cutie here is mine."  He pulled his friend away from his boyfriend by his shirt collar. "I know I was just kidding." He grins at Jackson which then earned him a smack on his head. Mark chuckled looking at their interaction.

Their evening went by with three of them having a nice tea at Jackson's backyard before Henry and his staff says their goodbye to the couple.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Night came, 

Jackson were laying on his back on the bed while Mark lays his head on the elder's stomach while playing with his phone. They were just back from having dinner at some fancy restaurant because Jackson insisted to. 

Mark was chatting in the group chat with his friend when he suddenly thought of something.

"Seunie." Jackson put down his book and look at the younger. "Hm?" He hums in response.

"Tell me something about your parent." Jackson slides his hand behind his head to get a better angle of the blonde. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know. Just tell me anything. That's better than knowing nothing about them when I meet them tomorrow."

"My dad, Ruiji. He was a former fencer like me but also stop midway to pursue his dream. My mom, Sophia. She was a former acrobatics gymnast until the end. She retired three years ago and she has her own gymnastics center now."

"Wow, now that explains your athletics." Jackson chuckled before continue.

"My dad was the founder of Wang Corporation. So now he's handling his company and my mom is handling her gymnastic things."

"Wait, stop right there. Did you say, Wang?" He gets up and looks at the elder with an unreadable face. Jackson nods at him. 

"You mean, the Hong Kong rich company with those high-end brands?" He nods again. Mark's face paled at that. "You are from that Wang?" He nods again.

"WHAT THE ?!" He let out biggest before turns to look at the elder with eyes wide open. "And now only you tell me?!"

"I didn't think it was necessary."

Mark look straight ahead with his mouth wide open. 

"Wahhh I really hit the jackpot." He laughs dryly at himself, still trying to believe the fact that he's dating a filthy rich guy. Now that explains how can a normal teacher like him could live in such a gigantic house and own those numerous pricey cars.

He looks at the elder with a my-soul-left-my-body face.

Jackson looks at the younger, suddenly his eyes are expressing nothing but doubt. He sits up and leans on the headboard. "Why? Would you accept me sooner if you knew about my background?"

Mark looks at him with a straight face. "No. I would reject you until the end." That confused the elder as he didn't expect this from the younger. "Why?"

"Because you are too perfect for a no one like me. I am just a poor kid living off of you meanwhile you are a prince from another world." Jackson's eyes softened at that. "Come here." He spread his arms, ushering the sulky blonde to come into his embrace and the boy gladly do so.

He rubs his finger softly over the younger's smooth arm. "You may think that you are no one but for me, you are my everything. You are the biggest and most important part of my life. You complete me. You are the one that I want and I need because without you, I am nothing. So, don't ever think like that again because you are not no one. You are my world. You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life and I love you for who you are. Keep that in your mind."

Mark tilts up his head and looks at his boyfriend with his doe eyes. "Sorry for thinking like that. I love you too." Jackson smiles and pecks that pouty lips. 

"So, do you want to know more about my parent?" Mark nods at that. Jackson's hand moves to that blonde lock and softly he caresses it.

"You don't need to worry much about my dad because he's chill with everything. But don't push his button because he will make sure you regret doing so. My mom, now that's the hard part. She's talkative, active, energetic to the point her energy will drain yours. She's fierce like a cat but soft-hearted like a polar bear. You won't want to get on her bad side because then, she will hate you forever. But there's nothing for you to mess with your head because I'm sure they will like you. Even with their status, they are not a judgemental person. For them, everyone is equal. So, does that help?"

The younger nods at that. "Loads. I hope they will like me just like what you said."

"They won't reject someone whose their beloved son loves dearly. You can trust me with that one."

"I trust you." He said before a yawn escapes his lips.

Watching his lover, a warm smiles formed on his lips. "Sleep love, you're tired."

"Goodnight seunie." He wishes the elder before drifted away into his slumber. Jackson turned off the light and kisses his crown before letting himself fall into the dreamland with his boyfriend in his arm.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Jackson we are here!!!" A woman bang on the front door of the said man's house. "I'M COMING AND STOP DOING THAT YOU'RE GONNA BREAK THE DAMN DOOR!"

Mark brings his nervous self to follow the elder but then stop a bit far from the door. 

Jackson swings the door open and was engulfed in a bear hug by his mother.

"Awww how much I miss my big baby grizzly." She pulls away and looks at his son fully. "Omo you have turned fairer and more muscular. Guess I worried for nothing."

"That's right now you know that your son here is an adult and can take care of himself. Let's go, I'll show you to your room." He takes the luggage beside his mom and brings it inside. His dad followed them from behind.

But something caught his mom's attention when she saw an unfamiliar face standing not too far from them. She approaches him and Mark stand still like a statue.

"Who might you be, young man?" Mark gulps hardly at the direct question.

"I'm M-Mark..." His eyes averted to the elder.

"My boyfriend." Both their head turn towards their son. "Boyfriend? You are... gay?" His dad asked carefully

"Nah I don't like boys. I just like him." Then he left with the bags in his hand. 

"So, you are his boyfriend? Are you living together? How old are you? What do you do for a living? Your pay? What does your family do?" She bombards him with endless questions. 

Mark was flabbergasted at all those questions being thrown at him. And the way she came off also not helping. Crossing arms and evil looking cat eyes boring into his soul. She is giving off a mean mother in law aura and Mark is not liking it one bit.

"Y-yes we are living together and I'm seventeen so I'm still in high school." Her eyes went wide.

"17?!"  She looks at his husband. "Honey your son has lost his mind, how could he date a high schooler?!" 

"What's wrong with dating a high schooler" Jackson walk down the stairs calmly. "Jackson he's a minor and you are an adult. You can be charged for that." She looks at his son in disbelief.

"We have been keeping a low profile and no one know about us except for Henry and Eric but they are not the type to spread the words out so you got nothing to worry."

"Are you his student?" She asks Mark and the blonde nods at that. "Yes I am."  She sighs in distress.

"Aigoo what a headache. Ok, nevermind that, please get me some water and I will talk more with you later." Mark bow politely before sprinting towards the kitchen as fast as lightning. Three of them went to sit in the living room.

At the kitchen

Mark's pov

I lean on the sink and sigh in relief after escaping from the woman.

'He said they are not judgemental but what's with those question? Tsk guess they don't want some beggarly to taint their status.' I have a mental conversation with myself because I don't want them to overhear me.

I boil the water and make three cups of tea. 

After placing them on the tray neatly, I make my way towards the living room. Halfway through it, I could hear their conversation faintly.

"Do you think I would be as careless after what happened with Xia?"

At the living room

"Darling you shouldn't ask him those question, that was too harsh and he's just a boy." Mr. Wang said to his wife as soon as Mark disappears into the kitchen.

They sit on the sofa with Jackson on one side and his parent on the other side.

"That's right because he's just a boy now I am more suspicious of him."

"Honey we can't judge him too soon. I mean, he's still so young to have some kind of evil plotting inside his head. Kids these days prefer to enjoy their time more rather than messing up their heads with the unnecessaries. Don't you think so?"

"Do you think I would be as careless after what happened with Xia? Putting aside the fact that she used our son for her own satisfaction, that  already has everything. And now that boy, he's only a high schooler, has no job means no money and they are even living together means that boy's parent doesn't care about their son. What more of a motive do you think he has other than being a gold digger?" She let out everything in perfect English.

"That's enough. I may remind you that I'm still here and Mark is in the kitchen so he could be hearing you and I'm asking you nothing but to show him some respect as my boyfriend." His eyes are cold and sharp.

"My parent that I knew and respect was the kind of people that see everyone as an equal. Him being a high schooler and living with me has nothing to do with my past relationship. I know I made a mistake and I learned my lesson. I chose him because I know what kind of person he is. Mark is nothing more than an innocent soul. I swear, what happened with Xia won't repeat. So please, get to know him first before you judge him, okay? That's how you have always taught me."

His mom sigh in defeat. 

"Fine if that's what you want BUT that doesn't mean I accept him yet."

After much debating, Mark finally decided to join the three. He walks in silently and placed the cup neatly on the table.

"I thought it might be too plain to serve you water so I made you some tea."

"Thank you son, have a seat." Jackson's father said with a smile. Mark took his seat beside his boyfriend and place the tray on his lap. 

Honestly, Mark can't keep his eyes off Jackson's mother. Despite her fierce appearance, her movement was so graceful. She was only taking a sip of her tea but that alone express that she is a woman with class and status.

He misses his mom.

"So, Mark, right? " She places her tea back on the table. "Yes."

"I'm sorry for being harsh towards you just now but I can't help it when my son involve."

Mark shook his head, "No it's okay, I understand you." then said with a smile.

"Good. Now I want to ask you something, are your parent okay with you living here?" Jackson was about to interrupt when Mark stops him by his shirt from behind.

"My parent died in a plane crash when I was 13 and I don't have a guardian currently so I'm free to do as I want." Both Mr. and Mrs. Wang were speechless at that. 

"I am sorry for asking you that." She said with a softened expression.

"it's okay, you didn't know."

"Well, it's good that you are living with our Jackson now, at least he has someone to take care of him and he won't be wildin' like a mad man." His father tries to cheer up the atmosphere.

"Paaa I'm an adult now, I can differentiate between what's right or wrong. Don't embarrass me in front of my boyfriend." He whines like a child and everyone in the room laugh at his child-like behavior.

"Well Mark, I'm not saying that you are not welcomed but I'll be watching you, remember that." Mrs. Wang said, sounding less scary than before.

"Thank you, and I'll remember that." He bows with a wide smile on his face.

 

Truthfully, Mark couldn't say that today was the best day. After their little chit chat, Jackson's mother has been keeping Mark with her throughout the day. They do everything together. Cooking, working out, stretching, gymnastics, yoga, pedicure, and more that Mark swears he could feel his soul leaving his body. It's true like what Jackson said, her energy is sure able to drain yours. He doesn't know how will he handle Mrs. Wang for the upcoming days. He is so beat and it's only the first day.

Jackson was dead worry about the blonde but his father assured him that his mother is doing nothing more than testing the boy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Arghh finally." He heaves out a big sigh after throwing his body onto the soft matress. He gives no about his damp hair from showering. He is damn tired and wants nothing more than sleep.

He was about to drift into a deep sleep when suddenly he was brought into something warm. Tiredly he opened his eyes and came face to face with wide black fabric with a hint of peppermint which he knew damn well.

Weakly he wrapped his slender arms around the other's torso and buried his head under his chin. 

"Sleep tight love." Was the last thing he heard after he fell into the dreamland.

 


This chapter was supposed to be longer but since it was gonna be too long, I decided to divide the chapter. 

I'm fried.