The bruise

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

The next day,

"bzzzz bzzzz bzzzz" A hand that belongs to the guy who's curling under the blanket reach out and took the device that has been vibrating since only god knows when. He open one of his sleepy eyes and look at the bright screen and, "ING IM LATE !!." carelessly he runs to the bathroom, tripping along the way, getting ready as fast as he can as school is starting in 20 minutes and it takes him 10 minutes to walk which leave him another 10 minutes to get ready. Actually he doesn't usually care about things like this but only god knows how long Jackson will nag him if he's late and another thing is, he doesn't want his precious to get whipped by the discipline teacher. Ignoring the plan to cover his wrist using a concealer, he grabbed one of his jacket as his last resort.

He runs as fast as the wind towards the closing gate. 1 minutes more....30 seconds left... anddd he passed the gate just in time. But that's not the end as he's now sprinting towards his first class which is unfortunately physics.

He burst through the door into the class and just like he thought, the devil already start teaching. "I'm- I'm sorry f-for being late." He manage to speak out between his short breath. The man look at him from head to toe.

'It's freaking hot and why is he in that thick jacket.'  Jackson ask himself in his mind. 

"I'll let it go just this once but make sure there will be no second time understand?" He said sternly. "Understand sir." He nod at the man. "Go to your seat and copy everything I wrote on the board." He said before continue whatever he was teaching.

An hour later, feeling tired of doing the exercises given by his teacher, Mark propped his chin on his palm and shifted his attention out of the window, looking at nothing in particular. After a while, he could feels his eyelids getting heavier and soon enough, his head dropped down onto his folded arm on the table.

"KRINGGG." The long awaited bell finally said something and all the student start to rush to the cafe, leaving the usual redhead in the now empty classroom.

Meanwhile in the teacher's office,

Jackson was doing his job when the bell rang, showing that it's lunch time. Suddenly he remembered about the redhead that was sleeping in the class. 'Is he awake yet? He was late this morning of corse he didn't have anything yet. Should I go to see him? But of course he's awake by now right? But what if he's not? What if he faint again? Aishhh I swear this boy will never let me have a peace of mind.' Done debating with himself, he let out a heavy sigh and make his way towards the class in one floor below, at the end of the hall.

He slides the door open and as expected, the only human being he expected to see is there, with his head on the table. He strode across the room and stop right in front of the redhead. "Mark-" He reach out to shake his shoulder but stop when he saw a slight of red marks under the other's sleeve. 

Carfefully he slip his finger into the other's sleeve,not wanting to wake him up and lift it up all the way to his arm, revealing his severely bruised wrist. His eyes start to wonder all around the other's body and he noticed the bag under his eyes and his chapped lips. He frowns, looking at how bad the other's condtion is. 'Just what happened to him really.' He decided to let Mark sleep and send a simple message to him which is, "Meet me in the teacher's office after school."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As being told, Mark make his way to the office to meet Jackson.

"Yes?" He said, standing right beside the man. Thankfully the office is now empty so there's no need for him to pretend to be polite with the elder.

Without saying anything, Jackson turn to him then grab one of his wrist and gave it just a light squeeze because looking at how bad the bruise was, he was sure that it's more than enough to make the younger feels hurt, but not too much.

He flinched at the contact and pull his hand away by reflex. "Ouch! What was that for?" He hold his wrist close to his chest, rubbing it softly.

"What happened to your wrist?" He straightforwardly ask the latter. Mark was taken aback at the sudden question. "W-what do you mean?" He glance at the ground. 

Sighing, he stand up and look straight at the younger. Jackson take one of the redhead's wrist and lift up the sleeve, causing the bruise to be viisible. "This Mark. I mean this." He hold up the wrist in front of the other. "I am sure as hell that your hand was fine until you went to work yesterday. Now you gonna tell me or I'll find it out myself." He said, while boring a hole in the latter's head.

But to no avail, Mark keep on staying quiet. He sigh again. "Mark." He call for the other sternly. 

"It's- It's the door. My hand got stuck...between the door." He mumble quietly. 

"The door you said? So both of your hand was stuck between the door and it leave this kind of bruise? The door leave a  finger-shaped marks? Who are you kidding kid." Mark mentally cursed at that. He knows tricking the elder in not an easy task. 

"It was my customer, I gave him a wrong order so he was angry and let it out on me but my co-worker manage to stop it so nothing happened other than this."  He try again and to his luck, Jackson seems to believe it. 

Jackson sigh, hearing that. He hold the other's soft face by his chin and look at his face. "Just look at yourself, you're exhausted Mark. Can't you just stop doing ths job? For your own sake, please." He look into the other's tired eyes.

"I'm okay Jackson don't worry, and I'll make sure this will not happen again I promise." 

Giving up, he pats the younger head softly, "Fine, I'll let it go but just this once. If something like this happen again, I swear I'll be the one to send in your resignation letter, got it?" 

"Got it." He replied with his sweet smile.