field trip

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

He was woken up by a loud bang on his desk. The redhead lifts up his head then greeted by his teacher standing across him in the empty class. "What do you want disturbing my sleep like this?" Honestly speaking he's quite irritated that his sleep is disturbed like this especially that the man in front of him is fully aware of it. He doesn't have work last night but he spends it video calling his teacher because he finally decided to get his heaps of assignment done and hand them in this morning. All of the teachers were shocked by that but they know better to say nothing about it and just gladly accept it. He wonders how the man still has energy left in him cause he stayed up helping the redhead till morning.

"Why did you send back an unsigned letter?" He sits across the redhead. "Isn't it obvious? Because I don't want to join the field trip, I mean I never did and no one give a so what's the matter really." 

"Language Tuan and you do have someone to give a damn about you which is me." Mark gives him a 'seriously?' face. "Mark you don't have enough certificate to further study so imma make you join every activity exist in this school as much as possible until you meet the minimum requirement needed to enroll into a university."

"But you do know that I don't have a guardian to sign it."

"You're not gonna fool me with that." He said before taking out a pen and sign on the empty space. "And who gave you the right to sign that, you're not my guardian." Mark said with raising eyebrow.

"I don't know where did you learn that but here in Korea your class teacher is count as your guardian. And it's been giving me a bad headache every time I got a call from the police station when your classmate caught making trouble outside of school. Thank god you're not one of them because your record has been clean ever since you enrolled in this school, I praise you for that."

"Thank you for the assessment but I honestly don't have any intention in joining the field trip." The man in front of him let out a big sigh.

"And can you give me one reason why?" He does have his reason actually. First, he has no friends and secondly, he has work but he can't possibly tell that to his teacher now right.

"I'm just lazy."

"You ain't giving me that Mark Tuan imma drag you along no matter what." Now it is his turn to let a heavy sigh. "You won't give up aren't you?"

"You know it." Pinching his bridge, he let out another sigh. "Fine but I can't guarantee you that I will stay till the end of the trip."

"Don't worry, will keep my eyes on you for the whole time." He said with a wide grin, earning him another sigh from the redhead.

'Why is this man so persistent for god sake. Looks like I'll be absent from work for a few days.'


D-day and Mark is sure not feeling even close to excited about it. He lazily drags his body out of the elevator and walk out of the residence with his backpack on his right shoulder. He was only 5 steps away when a honking startled him on his track. 

"What the actual fu-" He turn around, ready to swear at the one at fault but it stuck in his throat when he saw that it is his physic's teacher in his red Giulia Quadrifoglio. "Hop in boi." Jackson said through the rolled down window. Mark do as he's told.

The moment he step into the car he was stunned at how hot Jackson is. His avioator decorating his face, short sleeve well-fitted shirt show off his toned body, his jeans wrapped perfectly around his thigh his hair flicked to the right and a simple ear cuff that match perfectly with it and all he can do at that moment was staring.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." That brings back Mark into reality. He averts his gaze with a red shade creeping up his cheeks. "What a narcissist." He whisper under his breath but it didn't go unnoticed by Jackson "You gotta start with respecting your teacher or you won't survive once you step out into the society ya know."

"I really want to defeat you, just once." Hopelessness evident in his voice, causing Jackson to laugh at his smol student.

"What are doing here actually?" Mark asked. "Making sure you're coming so I came to fetch you." And Mark gave up the thought of defeating his teacher.

As he step on the brake at the traffic light he turn towards his unbuckled student, seeing that his ear is plucked with his earphone. Mindlessly he reaches for the belt on the other side, leaving Mark wide eye and breathless at how close their face is. After making sure he buckle it properly Jackson retreat to his seat then came face to face with a shocked look of Mark. "Well prevent is better than cure ya know." Shrugging his shoulder, he said before step on the gas as the light turned green.

Mark could only just let out a disbelief sigh before returning his gaze out of the window, and of course his heart that started to beat wildly didn't come unnoticed to him.

A minute went by and suddenly his left earpiece is plucked out of his still red ear. He turn around and look at his teacher. "What do you want to eat before we arrive at school? It's gonna be a long ride after this."

"Nah, breakfast is never my cup of tea."

"Not your cup of tea? Breakfast is not an option but a must. No wonder you're so thin and weak. I don't care, you gotta start eating breakfast from today." He said then make a trun at the corner.

"You're my mom or what? I thought you just gonna help me with my grade, not my life."

"Having Jackson Wang as your teacher means having your life invaded until you reach success. So live your life well or you'll have me to organize it for you."

"You're unbelievable." He breathe out.

"I know." He said, flashing his dazzling smile.


They step out of the car and enter the restaurant with Mark walking ahead of Jackson and find for a table where there are less people.

"You sure hate people don't ya?" Jackson ask as he sits across the redhead. "You know it." Mark reply just before a waiter came to their table. As cliche as it is, yes, the waiter flirt with Jackson before she went back with their order, of course after earning a death glare from Mark. Don't get him wrong he just feels sick looking at her, not because he was jealous ok absolutely not.

"Why is that?" That got Mark to stop glaring at the poor girl. "Why is what?"

"Why do you hate people so much, I mean those who you don't even know."

"Well everyone have things they hate and mine is people, do I need a reason for that?" He's trying to stop Jackson from being more curious about him. "Well yes because it's not a good habit for you to hate everyone without any reason." Mark was silent, thinking of how to reply him. He let out a sigh before finally give up on it.

"Judgement." That one word is enough for Jackson to understand it.

"So that is why you're not making any efforts to get close even with your classmate?" Mark nods at that.

"It's not that I never make any efforts. How to say this... I had friends but somehow each of them started to leave me alone so I guess I've given up on trying to make a new friend cause I know one day when they are tired of me they would leave."

"Not everyone is the same Mark. You hate judgment but you are doing it." Somehow it's like he can hear a button inside him is being clicked by Jackson because what he said was right. 

"I guess I kinda get why you're accepted as a teacher." He said as his lips stretch forming a small smile.