Exam

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

Exam season ended, all the teachers are busy marking the papers while all the student are playing around the school. As always, Mark is sleeping at his spot in the class.

Jackson pinch his nose for nth today as he keep on marking the papers. Almost all his student answer nothing but nonsense and some of them even left a drawing and some love note dedicated to him. As the class teacher, he also needs to check his student's result wholely. He can still accept that they only fail for a certain subject and one of it is physic but the name at bottom of the list just went overboard and fail all his paper except for English. He looks at the name and turn out it's Mark Tuan, his quietest student. And again he pinch the bridge of his nose.

He know he should do something about this kid because this is his last year and he will go nowhere with the way he is now. He sigh, throwing his body in his chair.

"It's no use, he will never change." He look up and see Mr. Min, English teacher from his class handing him a can of coffee. Gladly he accept it. "What do you mean Yoongi." 

"It's no use messing your head up for that Mark kid, he will never listen. Every teacher has legit gave up on bringing the old him back but it never works, we just let him be." Yoongi words caught his attention. "The old him? Like how?"

"He was a very very very smart kid, he catches up on things easily and was once a bright kid with a laugh that could bring a smile on anyone's face who's hearing it. But now he's like a living doll, just keep quiet and won't left his seat until the end of school." He said while marking the Englis papers. "How did he became like that?"He dig in further. "Well, the only information we know is that his father died. So there were many rumors saying that maybe he fell into depression and many students have been claiming that they saw a glimpse of him entering a club near the town but then no one ever really see him there so basically no one knows what actually happen to him."

"Don't the teacher should find out about it, I mean he is our resposibility."

"We did. The school counselor has tried to help him but he was never there on the appointed time and we even went to the clubs around the town but no one knows him. Then we went to his registered address but all we found was an old store that was once a cafe. We would always try to make him open up to us but he just won't say anything. The principal even arranged an extra class just for him because we see a good potential in him but nah, he was never there. Now you see why we gave up on him." Hearing that, Jackson sigh with lots of thought running in his mind. Yoongi pat his back and give him an encouraging smile. "But even so, I believe he will find his way someday. I hope you will never give up hope on him, and help him as much as you can." Another sigh left his mouth.

At the end of school time, Jackson was standing right outside of F class, waiting for a certain redhead. As he expected, the read head is last out of his class. "Mark." The aforementioned look at his side and see his physic teacher standing by the door. "Yes sir?"

"I have something to discuss with you, follow me." Without any question, he follows his teacher to the office. The office is deserted as everyone has gone back already. They stop at his place in the office then Jackson hand him a piece of paper. Mark take the paper and look at it. "What is this?"

"Your extra class time table that will start next week." With that Mark hand him the piece of back. "I don't need this."

"This is not an offer but an order." Hand still in his pocket

"And I'm saying I won't do it."

"And I'm saying I will make you." Mark sigh at his teacher's persistent. "Look, just stay out of my business okay. I don't need you to tell me what to do."

"You do Mark. You can't shut everyone out of your life and keep on ruining yourself. You need to open up and let others help you." He take a hold of the boy's shoulder and look straight into his eyes. 

"Then what? Watch them walk away after they had enough and leave me breaking into pieces? No thanks." Tears are b in his eyes. "That doesn't mean that everyone will do the same-"

"They did." A tear drop and flow along his reddened cheek. Jackson wipe it away with his thumb. Maybe he doesn't know much about that boy but he is sure the redhead has gone through a lot and it took a real big piece of him. "But I won't. I am your teacher I hold a responsibility on you so don't ever think I would let you go easily. It's okay for you to not trust me but please, just let me help you. I know that's what you need the most right now."

His teary eyes look up to his teacher's. As a kid, his mom always told him not to trust a stranger but he thought that maybe, it's time to make an exception. "Okay."

____________________________________

As promised, at the start of the week they start off with Maths. School ended like an hour ago leaving Mark and his physic teacher in the class. They haven't been there long and Mark is doing better than expected.

He hands Jackson the answered question paper for him to mark. To his surprise, Mark got everything right only after a short guide from him. What yoongi said was true, he catch things up fast. 

"You won't be needing this if you could only keep your focus in class honestly." Jackson said, looking at the boy in front of him. "One of my weakness is to keep my focus on something for a long time and plus, I'm always sleepy so I always dozed off even before school start."  

"Honestly just how many hours do you sleep at night?" He asks with a questioning look. That caught Mark off guard "Well I'm just not a day person, that just how it is."

"I suggest you change that sleep pattern of yours in sake of your study and health or you will go faint around like before."

"I admit that I was not feeling well that day but I know how to take care of myself. Now is there any more math things you want me to do?"

"Nope we are done for today but I got one question for you. Why is it you score your English paper and fail your Korean?"

"Not my fault that Korean is hard." He shrugs.

"Well, we are legit conversing in Korean right now."

"English is basically my mother tongue and I only learned Korean when my family moved here when I was 12 but even so, it doesn't help much cause I was still surrounded by people conversing in English so I only start to actually use Korean when I entered here but then I still don't use it much so except speaking, I'm still weak in writing and reading." That confused Jackson even more. "Are you telling me that you're not Korean?"

"Well, I am not. By law, I'm American even though I live here. I'm from LA." Jackson facepalms himself. "No wonder I find your surname is a rarity here."

"Same to you sir. I'm sure the Wang's origin is not from here." Smirk plastered on his face. "You're right, It's Hong Kong, and swipe that look off your face kid." Jackson squint his eyes at the boy in front him and that earned him a laugh from that kid. Somehow that laugh sends a weird feeling into his stomach. "Stop laughing and let's go back now, I wanna roll in my bed as soon as possible." 

"Yes Mr. Wang." He replied, making sure to emphasize the name and earning himself a death glare from his teacher. He can't help but laugh at him. Somehow he found it's fun to tease the man.

"Thank you for today sir." Mark said as they walk down the hall. "I'm just doing my job no need to thank me."

"By the way, why is it you that teach me math today, why not Mr.Nam?"

"Well, I organize this myself, basically I'll be teaching you every subject except English." Mark's jaw drops at that. "You're a physic teacher how will you teach me other subjects?" Jackson scoff at that. "Excuse me but I excel in my studies, only that physic got my interest." Mark nods.

They walk up to where Jackson's car at. "You sure you don't want a lift?" Mark shake his head. "Fine but take care of yourself." Earning a nod from the aforementioned, he enter his car and drive away, leaving Mark walking his way back to his apartment.