Santa Barbara

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

A bright red Audi speeding down the lonely road, warm feelings spread along the road by the couple seated in it. The man in the driver seat intertwined his fingers around the slender one own by his dearest person. 

"Babe do you love me?" He asks. The blonde looks at him weirded out by the sudden question. "Of course I do. What's with that question?" 

"Nothing just wanna hear it from you." He said before kissing the back of the soft hand. The latter just nods his head even though he finds it weird.

Throughout the whole drive, all they did was snacking and joking around but not excessively because falling down the ridge was never an option.

 

Soon they arrive at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara Resort. Jackson gives the keys to the valet and walks inside hand in hand with Mark. After getting their key card, they went straight to their suite.

"What are we doing tonight?" Mark ask Jackson who's leaning by the glass wall of the elevator. "Maybe have some fresh air by the beach? What do you think?"

tzoo.71928.0.857020.Ritz-CarltonBacara_CP.jpg?width=392&spr=3

"I would love that but, after dinner." He said with a determined face and Jackson chuckles at his cuteness, "Fueling you up before anything huh, sure. We will have whatever you want today."

"We always have I want. Let's have what you want tonight." He looks up at his boyfriend with mere pure eyes. Taking the opportunity, Jackson snakes his arm around the boy's waist and pulls him closer. "It's you that I want." He whispered close to the latter ear, causing the boy to blush deeply. Lightly he punched his boyfriend and look elsewhere, "Naughty gaga." The elder laughs inwardly at his reaction and kisses the boy's red cheek. "let's go, we're here." He takes the blonde's hand in his and heads towards their room.

Jackson opened the door and saw that their luggage has been brought up by the bellboy. 

The moment he steps inside their room, he could see the blue sea through the big glass window. Immediately he let go of the elder's hand and runs towards it. "Woahhh no matter how many time it is, it will still look beautiful to me." He said while staring out of the window. Jackson walks up to his side and looks at his lover's fine feature. "Me too." Mark looked to his side and came face to face with Jackson who's looking at him with unreadable eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked him but the man just smiles as he says, "Tonight will be the best moment of my life." Before walking away to the bathroom. "Eh? Wait- What do you mean?" Mark who was confused just look at his boyfriend's back that soon disappears into the door. "He's acting strange again." He said to himself with a frown and a pout. Jackson would for sure take a picture of it if he's here.

 

Later that night they have their hearty dinner at one of the most famous restaurants at Santa Barbara which serves the finest foods made by a famous chef.

"Gaga is there... anything special going on tonight?" Mark was totally weirded out by now because the moment they arrived at the restaurant, all of his favourite foods keep coming to them and the waiters are also saying weird things to him such as congratulations, I wish you the best, don't let him go he's the best and just some more things that's totally ridiculous. He's not being rude but there's nothing special going on right now so why?

"Nothing is, we're just having our dinner." Jackson shrugs his shoulder while focusing on his food.

"Then what's with all of these foods and all those wishes?" His expression is screaming a big "EXPLAIN YOURSELF" and Jackson is trying his best to control his emotions. He wants tonight to be perfect so he's not going to crush it down easily.

"Maybe they thought that we look good as a couple so they gave us a little gift. C'mon now, don't mess your little head with them and eat your foods, those are your favourites right?" He pats the blonde's head who then nods his head and end his questions with a small "yeah" before continuing with his steak. 

An hour later...

"Whoaaa I'm not full anymore I'm BLOATED. You should have help me to finish them instead of letting me stuffing myself with all of these fattening food. Now I can't even move a finger." He whines while half laying in the chair. They are in a private room so no one is there to judge him. Jackson laughs softly at his boyfriend who's looking like a seahorse stuck at the chair.

"Fattening what you're still the same stick figure that I know."

"I don't know if I want to take that as a dissing or a compliment but whatever I don't care, I just wanna go back to the resort as soon as possible." Then he looks at the elder with a pout. "Carry me pleaseee."

"I would love to carry you back to our room but we got something else that's more important to do."

"And what is that because I'm sure my big stomach is the top priority right now."

"If you wanna know then, follow me." He said before getting out of the room, not waiting for the younger despite the whining he's getting from him.

"Waitttt let's go together! Jacksonnnnn" He forced himself up and dreadfully drags his heavy tummy.

 

"Why are you walking so fast wait for me!" He shouted at the elder who's walking ahead of him but the man didn't even bother to give him any attention and keep on walking. They have been walking by the sea for 5 minutes and Jackson is totally giving the blonde the cold shoulder ever since they left the restaurant.

Mark push his hair back annoyingly and let out a big sigh. "What is wrong with him? This evening he was acting strange and now he's completely ignoring me. Okay fine, two can play this game seunie, just you wait." He cracks his knuckles and loosens up his feet. He gets into position, initially wanted to run and jump onto the elder's back but the moment one of his feet moved forward, there, a thousand sparks of fireworks blazing into the sky forming a big heart shape. He froze in his spot, mesmerised. Other people who were having their time there also stop to take in the beautiful moment.

Then, other shots were scattered in the sky which later forms a "Will you marry me?" Mark thought that the fireworks were beautiful and wanted to enjoy it together with Jackson. 

"Jackson look there's -" He turned to his side and there is his boyfriend, standing right in front of him and looking at him with his gentle smile. The man took both his hands into his and look straight into that brown orbs.

"I still remember the first time I met him when he was still a high school kid with no goal nor will to live well. He was the first person I've ever met with so much fear, loneliness and emptiness in his eyes yet they still managed to shine brightly by the simplest act of care. He was someone who would say hurtful things to you to protect himself from being hurt. He was someone who would always say that he's alright when he's not because he thought that he doesn't want to be a bother to anyone when he's actually not." The blonde's eyes are now b with tears as he keeps on listening to the man who he loves so much.

"He once said to me that there's no one who gives a damn about him but he doesn't realize that he already has my whole attention the first time I saw him, sleeping in the class." They laugh softly at the memory. "He also told me that he hated human but here he is, being proposed by the human that he used to despise because he kept meddling into his life. He, is Tuan YiEn, the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life with flaws and perfection that perfects you. I don't care who you were or who you are or even who you will be in the future because to me, the person that I love the most is the one and only YiEn and no matter what will come into our way, I'll always be there to love you and to care for you but, only if you allow me to, so," He took out a black velvet box from his pocket and went on one knee in front of the beauty before him.

"Tuan YiEn, will you marry me?" Sincerity flooded in his eyes, honesty flow along with his voice. No matter how many people are watching, It's only them in their own world. Happy tears roll down his rosy cheeks as he nods with a beautiful smile on his lips, "Yes." And another rain of fireworks were shot into the clear night sky. The crowd cheers loudly and Jackson were so happy that he forgot about the ring and went up straight to pull the blonde into a big hug.

"The ring!" Shouted by someone from the crowd and that's when Jackson remembers that he's holding it in his hand. "Oh right, I almost forgot." He took the smaller band and gently slide it down the younger's ring finger who then did the same to him. Jackson put up a thumbs up to the person as a thank you and got an 'ok' sign as a reply.

Bunch of whishes were given to them by the crowd but they seem to be in their own world again.

Gently he rubs his thumbs over his now fiance's hand before gives it a light kiss. "Thank you, for saying yes." He said softly.

"Thank you for loving me as who I am too," Mark replied with his sweet smile. "So, do you still want to go back to our room or do you want to take a walk with your handsome fiance right here?" The blonde chuckled softly at his fiance who's teasing him using his word back. "Fine, I wanna take a walk with you, MY HANDSOME FIANCE." he stresses the words. And so hand in hand, they stroll along the sea.

"So this is why you've been acting strange lately?" He looks at the elder. "Yes, I was afraid that you might reject me."

"Jackson I love you. I love you so much that I want to be with you until the end of the day. Where did you put all your confidence?"

"I know that you love me but I was thinking that, what if you say that you want to enjoy your life and that you don't want to be tied with someone just yet. I honestly would breakdown right there and then." Listening to his man's words, he realized that all the bold act were just a wall to hide his real feeling and concerns.

Mark stop walking and look at him. "Gaga, listen to me, no matter what it is about, you will always be my top priority and so that is why, if you have any concerns especially when it's involving me, you, and our relationship, tell me. Anything it is, just tell me, I won't mind even a bit okay?"

"Okay." He smiles and nods at his fiance. One thing for sure that has changed about the younger is that he is not a person who used to bear everything on his own and would always turn a cold shoulder at other people. Now he is able to talk about his problem to someone else and are also a good listener to someone else especially his loved ones.

 

Later that night they cuddle themselves to sleep and stay in each other's arm until the next morning.