Chapter 36: Going Crazy.

She is a boy

Youngjae pulled over in front of the building where they lived and leaned over to open the car door for Dasom, however, he lingered as her perfume came over him; it was very sweet and delicate with fruits like kiwi and lychee, and chocolate and cupcake. Youngjae his lips and looked up at her thick and glossy lips. Daehyun felt strange by the closeness and felt stranger as Youngjae gawked at his lips like he was going to kiss him at any moment.

    “Thanks for the dinner” Daehyun awkwardly said and opened the door himself before Youngjae jumped him and kissed him. His fingers touched slightly Youngjae’s and that made him more nervous.

    Youngjae also got out of the car and followed her to the building.

    “You don’t have to walk me”

    “I live here too”

    “Oh, yeah…”

    “How about going to Han River tomorrow? Just the two of us… and Ganji” he said quickly as Dasom looked undecided. 

    “I don’t like taking him there, his fur gets dirty and it’s hard to wash… He doesn’t have fur now though…”

    “I’ll wash him, so let’s go out tomorrow” Youngjae insisted and put his hand on her arm, giving her a little squeeze “Please, my girlfriend dumped me” Youngjae pouted with puppy eyes.

    “Fine” Daehyun gave in easily, Youngjae’s stupid puppy face made him weak.

    “I’ll get off work at six, so let’s meet in the food stalls at seven”

    “I’ll be right there… with Ganji”

 

Chapter 36: Going Crazy.

 

As soon as work was over, Youngjae rushed to Han River and went straight to the food stalls where Dasom and he agreed to meet. He stopped in the middle of the street and looked into the crowd and then he saw her from the back, she wore a gray hoodie and so did Ganji. He smiled and thought they matching clothes was the cutest thing ever.

    "Dasom!" He ran to her, however, the person who turned around was Daehyun "It's you" Youngjae said, annoyed and disappointed.

    "I’m happy to see you, too” Daehyun said sarcastically.

    “Where’s Dasom?”

    “She’s busy”

    "And you came in her place?" Youngjae glared at him "I thought you’re still mad at me"

    "Hell you're right, I'm still mad"

    "So why are you here?" Youngjae asked but didn't wait for the answer. He leaned over to kiss Ganji, but the dog moved away "You still don't like kisses"

    "He likes kisses, he just doesn't like you" Daehyun said and Youngjae looked into his eyes, held the back of his neck and pressed his lips against his. Daehyun parted his lips to protest, but Youngjae took that like he wanted to kiss too, so he slid his tongue in his mouth and started French kissing him.

    "You haven't touched your food" Yongguk said across the table.

    "I'm not hungry" Daehyun looked up from his ramyeon and made a face “I HAD A NIGHTMARE”

    "I’m going to regret it” the elder exhaled sharply “You want to share?”

    “Remember when you said I’m in love with Youngjae?”

    "You're still with that? It was loose talk, forget about that. Don’t over think it”

    "How can I do that after dreaming we kissed? Actually he kissed me… and I kissed him back. And it felt so good, so real… His lips against mine, chewing on my lower lip… It was so slow and then passionate, we French kissed until we couldn’t breathe… That’s when I woke up and found Ganji sleeping on my shoulder. Isn’t cute?”

    “The kissing or Ganji sleeping on your shoulder?”

    “Both” Daehyun dropped his head on the counter “It’s the best kiss I’ve ever had and it’s not even real”

    “So you’re in love with him?”

    “I don’t know, I thought we were just friends. I never thought of kissing or touching him and then I had this dream. His lips were so soft and warm and I don’t just want to kiss and touch him… I want him to kiss and touch me as well”

    "You’re in love”

    “Yeah, I am” Daehyun said and his phone started ringing “It’s Youngjae, he must be calling Dasom, they’re supposed to meet later” he checked his phone before turning if off.

    "Aren't you answering?"

    "What do I say? I don’t want him to go out with Dasom! Now that I know I like him, I want him to go out with me” Daehyun wanted to punch himself “I'm a er for people who will never love me back”

    Yongguk’s phone started ringing.

    "It's Youngjae" Yongguk took one look at him and answered "What do I owe this pleasure to hear your voice?"

    "Why don't you answer like a normal person? It’s ok to say hello, it's the normal thing to do" Youngjae replied.

    "Yeah, hello"

    "Where's Dasom? I called her and she didn't answer"

    "She's right here"

    "You, traitor" Daehyun pouted as the elder passed the phone “Hi, Young…”

    "Why didn’t you answer?"

    "I was in the bath"

    "Doing what?"

    "It's none of your business"

    "I just want to know if your hands were busy, if not, you could've answered"

    "Are you kidding me?"

    "Even though your hands were busy, you could have used your nose to press the answer button”

    "You’re crazy and I'm hanging up now"

    "Wait! I called to tell you I ended up my shift early, so we can meet now. You want me to get you at the flat or we meet at the food stall?"

    "None" Daehyun said as he remembered the damn kiss, it happened in Han River, Youngjae was so disappointed because it was him instead of Dasom, but then he kissed him with so much love that made his insides melt.

    "You want to go somewhere else?”

    "I don't want to go anywhere with you”

    "What did I do this time?"

    "Nothing, I just don't want to go out"

    "You're sick?"

    "No, I'm perfectly fine"

    "Then why don't we go out?"

    "I have things to do"

    "We can do it together"

    "It’s girl stuff”

    "What girl stuff?"

    "I got my period"

    Clingy Youngjae went quiet for several minutes until he managed to say "Oh" and hung up.

    "You got your period?" Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

    "He left me alone, didn't he?" Daehyun gave him back the phone "I can’t indulge my sudden feelings for him. It’s the first time I like someone who’s not Natalie and that someone is a MAN who was dumped by his girlfriend and now he’s after my imaginary twin sister that’s actually me! I can’t” Daehyun shook his head until it hurt.

    “I really can’t deal with that now!!!” he covered his face with his hands “I have a lot on my plate… Dasom’s contract’s going to end, I’ll have to leave this apartment, so I better go apartment-hunting ASAP, although I won’t get paid until next week and I promised to help you to catch a drug dealer… I’m going crazy”

    The doorbell rang and Daehyun’s heart almost jumped out of his chest.

    “You think it’s Youngjae?” Daehyun gasped in shock “Tell him Dasom’s dead!!!” he said and ran to his bedroom in order to hide forever.

    “What kind of undercover work is this? I should’ve taken that cold case” Yongguk went to open “It’s easier to catch a serial killer than this. I’m a cop, not a therapist” he shut up and opened the door to find a tall young man with light blond hair in leather pants, leather jacket, leather boots like the iest biker on earth “Zelo”

    “Do I know you?” Zelo asked in confusion “Dasom noona doesn’t live here? I came to the wrong address?”

    “I’m Bang Yongguk, her bodyguard. She lives here, you aren’t wrong”

    “Can I see her?” Zelo said with a big smile “I brought her roses!” he showed him a large bouquet.

    “Wait, don’t go anywhere” Yongguk said and shut the door.

 

Yongguk went to Daehyun’s room. The photographer was nowhere to be seen.

    “Daehyun? Where are you? Come out, it’s not Youngjae”

    “It’s not?” Daehyun crawled out of the bed, both relieved and disappointed.

    “It’s better! It’s Zelo!”

    “What?”

    “He came to ask you out, you say yes and as you two are together, you can do some digging. I told you he has a brother that’s in a gang, so make questions about his brother”

    “Can’t Natasha do it? She’s the best at gathering information, she found out I’m Dasom”

    “She’s been trying, but it’s like Zelo’s brother doesn’t exist” Yongguk said “Come on, he likes you, so make him talk. Besides, going out with him will help you to stop thinking about Youngjae”

    “I…”

    “Admit you were thinking about him while hiding under the bed. I bet you’re thinking about him right now”

    “I’m not… Just leave my room, so I can change into Dasom”

    Yongguk obeyed and Daehyun went through the closet. All the sweatshirts and hoodies were in the laundry, he had no other choice than to wear a peachy sweater and a very, very, VERY short black skirt.

 

“Where’s Zelo?” Daehyun showed up, as Dasom, in the living room where Yongguk watched TV.

    “In the hall”

    “You left him out there instead of letting him in?” Daehyun sighed and walked out the apartment, the hall was empty “Zelo?” Daehyun used his girlish voice and out of nowhere someone covered his eyes from behind, startling him.

    “Guess who I am!”

    “Zelo?”

    “Yes, I’m Zelo!” he said and let Dasom go “And as a reward you got these beautiful roses”

    Daehyun giggled nervously as he turned around to see a big bouquet of roses.

    “You’re more beautiful” Zelo gave her the roses and kissed her cheek.

    “Thank you… Let me put them in water… before going out” Daehyun entered the apartment and went to the kitchen. There was no vase, so he put the roses in a mug.

 

Daehyun returned to Zelo, he was smiley and jolly like always.

    “I’m sorry for stalking you to your place, but since our last date was full of persona non grata, you know, Jongup, Himchan, Youngjae, your bodyguard… I want us to finally go on a date properly without any interruption”

    “I want that, too… Where do you want to go?”

    “Wherever you want”

    “There’s an ice cream shop near here, but I’ve never been in there”

    “What are we waiting for?” Zelo reached out his hand to Dasom and she took it.