Chapter 46: Try My Luck.

She is a boy

Chapter 46: Try My Luck.

“Oppa, wake up” Daehyun opened his eyes to see a girl next to him on the bed. She was a young and beautiful woman with long black hair, big eyes with a beauty mark under her left eye, sharp nose and plump lips. And she was kind of familiar, and then Daehyun realized she was…

    “Dasom?” he looked her up and down in confusion “You aren't real” he reached out and ran his fingers over her cheek “You aren’t real” he brought a hand to one of her s and squeezed it out of curiosity.

    “I’m your sister, you, ert!!!” she slapped his hand away “And of course I’m real, so are these” she said, pointing at her s “What’s wrong with you?” she shook her head “Anyway, I know it's my turn to walk Ganji, but my boyfriend will take me to the movies, so you walk him” she said and the doorbell rang “That’s my boyfriend, go get the door while I put on makeup”

    Daehyun went to open and found Youngjae standing with a bouquet of roses.

    “Is Dasom ready?”

    “You're her boyfriend?”

    “It's like the thousandth time that you ask” the younger rolled his eyes “Yes, I'm her boyfriend, I love her so much”

    Even in dreams that statement hurt, Daehyun thought.

    “Youngjae, you've brought me roses!!!” Dasom came out of the room and ran to him.

    “You deserve the entire flower shop though”

    “You're so sweet!!!” she took the roses and kissed him.

    “Let's go, we're late, you always take too long to get ready”

    “I just want to be pretty for you”

    “You're already pretty” Youngjae said and Dasom giggled like a stupid teenager in love.

    “Oppa, put these in water, don't forget to walk Ganji” she gave Daehyun the roses and left with Youngjae.

    Daehyun looked at the roses, he wanted to throw those stupid roses against the wall, but ultimately ended up putting them in a vase, and then everything went black and when he opened his eyes, he was in his room again. “It was a dream” he thought, and then he heard people and panting. Confused, he turned to his right and saw two bodies bathed in sweat. The and panting became louder, and he couldn’t help but lean forward, and then he saw a Youngjae on a Dasom...

    “Daehyun, wake up” Jongup said and Daehyun opened his eyes to see the brown-haired man leant close to him “We're here”

    “Where?”

    “My friend’s house”

    Daehyun was kind of confused as he tried to remember what happened. He was at the apartment, packing his stuff, and Jongup showed up and asked him where he was going to live from now on and Daehyun said he hadn’t had time to find a new place, so the younger told him to live with him in the meantime. Jongup told him he was living at a friend’s place and Daehyun could live there too, but Daehyun didn’t want to bother, so at first he rejected the invitation, however, Jongup insisted, he said his friend, Suwoong, studied abroad, so he wouldn’t mind, thus in the end, Daehyun accepted. 

    “Were you dreaming?” Jongup asked.

    “Most like a nightmare” Daehyun said as he remembered Youngjae banging Dasom, thank God Jongup woke him up before he could see more. Thank God he didn’t have breakfast, otherwise he’d be throwing up everything.

    “I’ll show you the house and get down the luggage later” Jongup said, getting out of the car, Daehyun sighed and grabbed Ganji on the back seats before getting out too. The car that Hyoseong lent them to transport Daehyun’s stuff was parked in a garage full of expensive cars and bikes.

    “Come on, you’ll love the place and so will Ganji” Jongup walked out of the garage, the house had three floors and a front garden, so big that looked like a forest full of trees, and a set of swings. Ganji started to bark eagerly and moved in Daehyun’s arms like asking him to put him down and let him enjoy the place.

    “This is perfect for Ganji, right?” Jongup asked.

    “He says yes” Daehyun chuckled and released Ganji that ran into the trees enthusiastically, and then he looked at the big house again “Are you sure that I can stay here? I mean, this house looks expensive. I was asleep during the trip, but I’m sure we’re in an expensive neighborhood, aren’t we?”

    “We are” Jongup said “I don’t see the problem, you were living in an apartment in an expensive neighborhood before”

    “I don’t know, I don’t want to bother your friend, I mean, you can live here because you’re his friend, but he doesn’t even know me”

    “It doesn’t matter, you’re my friend, besides, I talked to Suwoong and he said he’s ok with you living here”

    “Ok, but I swear I’ll leave as soon as I get my own place”

    “There’s no rush” Jongup said “Come on” he entered the house and Daehyun followed him. The house had an open concept that made it look bigger than it already was. The kitchen was both classic and modern with its hardwood floor and iron stoves. The living room was wide with white furniture and got the biggest TV Daehyun had ever seen.

    “The bedrooms are on the second floor, you can choose the one you like, all of them are decorated”

    “What’s in the third floor?”

    “The terrace, there’s a telescope to watch stars if you want to”

    “Telescope? I've just seen one of those at the planetarium” Daehyun said, amazed “And what about the rooms on the first floor?”

    “Library, gym, game room, movie theater…”

    “Movie theater?!” Daehyun cut him off “You say there’s a movie theater here?”

    “Yes”

    “Your friend is millionaire!”

    “You’re exaggerating”

    “I’m not! How many people have game rooms and movie theaters at their homes?”

    “Really, it’s not a big deal” Jongup shrugged “Do you like to swim? I’ll show you the pool”

    “There’s a pool here? Of course there it is” Daehyun said and followed Jongup through the hallway that led to the backyard. There was no need to say that the hallway was full of sculptures and pedestals with vases; everything so strange, artistic and expensive that made Daehyun feel like he was in a museum.

    “That’s the pool” Jongup said, stopping before a glass door that separated them from the backyard.

    “That’s huge” Daehyun said as he slid the door open and walked into the backyard “Gosh, there’s a bar next to the pool”

    “Yes, that’s where the burgers and hotdogs and alcohol come from at parties” Jongup said “Speaking of which, I’m throwing a party tonight to celebrate the first day of spring and you’re invited, of course”

    “I'm no fan of parties”

    “Come on, it’ll be fun, some of my friends will come”

 

When Jongup said “some friends” he meant the whole neighborhood, there were over fifty persons at the party and more people seemed to show up every minute. Daehyun was no fan, so he stayed in his room, watching his cellphone, waiting for Youngjae to call. His cellphone had two numbers, one for Daehyun and another one for Dasom, and Youngjae hadn’t called any of them. Daehyun left a note asking him not to look for Dasom, but he thought the younger was going to ignore that and look for her, after all, he loved her, didn't he?

    Daehyun didn’t want Youngjae to call Dasom, but deep down he wanted him to call, he wanted to listen to his soft husky honey voice.

    “You’re hiding here” Jongup said, entering the room and only wearing dark blue swim trunks.

    “I'm not hiding”

    “Come on, everybody’s having fun, there are burgers and hotdogs and if you don't like those, there’s pizza”

    “There's too much people”

    “Yeah, some of my friends invited their friends and their friends invited their friends...”

    Daehyun stared at his phone and thought, he could spend the night waiting for Youngjae to call or just go downstairs with Jongup and have fun “You know what? I want to have fun and pizza and hamburgers!!!”

    “There you go!!!” Jongup said “I'll wait outside while you change”

    “Change?”

    “It’s a pool party, You can’t wear sweater and jeans”

    Daehyun looked at himself, Jongup was right, he was wearing too much clothes for a pool party. Jongup smiled and left, so Daehyun could change, although the elder didn’t know what to wear. The idea of going around the house full of strangers, half-, freaked him out, so in the end he chose boardshorts and t-shirt.

 

There were people everywhere, every one had a beer in his hand. Some were making out in the darkest corners of the living room and some were playing drink games like a frat party. Even if Jongup said he didn’t know most of those people, he greeted and waved at them cheerfully. 

    “Let me introduce you my friends” Jongup said once they reached the backyard “Hey, guys, this is Daehyun” the younger said to a bunch of people by the pool.

    “Oh my gosh, finally!!!” a girl, with short hair, said “Jongup always talks about you”

    “She's New Sun, don't mind her” Jongup blushed hard as his friend exposed him before his crush.

    “Hi, Daehyun, I'm Bird and he's Woong Rae” a guy with curly hair said with a big smile.

    “They're friends from my photography class” Jongup explained.

    “Nice to meet you” Daehyun said and bowed to them several times. He wasn't used to meet people, he wasn't sure how to behave.

    “Don't forget about me!” a girl said with an accent “I'm Minjae”

    “You're from Busan?” Daehyun asked as he recognized the accent.

    “Yeah, I came here to become a singer, it's not so easy though” she pouted “How did you know that I'm from Busan?”

    “I’m from Busan too”

    “You don't have an accent”

    “I live here since I was a child”

    “Cool, you can show me Seoul”

    “Hey, you said I can show you Seoul” Bird said.

    “Daehyun is hotter and cuter”

    “Wait!!!” New Sun screamed all of a sudden “Oh my gosh, I know you!!! You're Dasom!!!”

    Everybody stared at Daehyun and Daehyun stared at Jongup.

    “It's not Dasom” Jongup said “It's his brother”

    “Oh yes, I heard she has a twin brother” New Sun said.

    “You look exactly like her” Bird said.

    “She's so beautiful and attractive, can you introduce her to us?” Woong Rae asked.

    “Now that you know my stupid friends, let’s go for pizza” Jongup said and dragged Daehyun to the bar.

    “Your stupid friends are nice” Daehyun said.

    “Yeah” Jongup shrugged “Sorry for Dasom, everybody’s crazy about her, her face is everywhere”

    “Let's not talk about her”

    “Let's talk about pizza then. There’s pepperoni, caramelized onions, BBQ chicken, cheddar cheese, bacon, pineapple…”

    “Give me one of each”

    “I'm glad your appetite’s back”

    “Since I’m not a model anymore, I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want”

    Jongup looked for a big plate to serve all the pizza while Daehyun looked at the pool and flinched in pain. His first kiss with Youngjae was by the pool (although technically it was Dasom’s first kiss with Youngjae, because he was passing as her)

    “Here you go” Jongup held out the plate with a stack of pizza for Daehyun, however, the black-haired man wasn’t hungry anymore. He just wanted to go back to his room and checked whether Youngjae had called him or not for the zillionth time.

    “Jongup, let's play chicken fight!!!” New Sun yelled from the pool.

    “Bring Daehyun!!!” Minjae said.

    “He's eating!!!”

    “I'll eat later” Daehyun said.

    “You sure?” Jongup said.

    “Yes” Daehyun said and both headed to the pool.

    “They're weak” New Sun said about Bird and Woong Rae.

    “You're fat” Bird said.

    “You never call a girl fat” she pushed him into the pool and the others laughed.

    “Daehyun and I will team up” Minjae said, linking her arm in Daehyun's.

    “Me and Jongup make a great team” New Sun said “You’re going to lose”

    “I've never played chicken fight” Daehyun said.

    “You know at least how to play, right?” Minjae asked.

    “I think so”

    “Take off your tee”

    “What?”

    “You won't think of getting in the pool with the tee on, right?”

    In response, Daehyun took off his tee reluctantly, he was too thin compared to the muscular men at the party.

    “You're so thin, I'm jealous” New Sun said.

    “But you got biceps and abs” Minjae said.

    “I don't...” Daehyun was ashamed, his so called biceps and abs were a big joke compared to Jongup's. The younger photographer had real biceps, triceps, quadriceps and six pack like a hot and hard chocolate bar.

    “Ok, no more talking, let's play” New Sun said.

 

next chapter, more daeup

new sun and minjae (sonamoo), bird is dae's photographer, woong rae is dae's lyrist/composer, suwoong (boys republic) is jongup and dae's friend.

let me remind you that jongup knows daehyun and dasom are the same person.