Chapter 25: Ice Cream.

She is a boy

Chapter 25: Ice Cream.

There were some convenience stores by the port, Daehyun bought a small tub of ice cream while Yongguk waited out in the street. The bodyguard had a nasty cut on his forehead thanks to the black-haired man that smashed a cellphone into his head.

    “Here” Daehyun offered the ice cream to Yongguk who raised his eyebrow in wonder “Put it on your wound. It'll reduce swelling and help to heal bruises more quickly. I thought buying a bag of ice, but there weren't any, so the ice cream will do it”

    “I'm proof that works, I've gotten into a lot of fights. Mostly I was beaten up by older guys at school, but, you know, anyway”

    “I'm fine” Yongguk rejected the ice cream.

    “You're not” Daehyun tried to put the tub of ice cream on Yongguk’s forehead, but he used a lot of force and smashed the tub against Yongguk’s forehead, right into the cut.

    “You're dangerous!!!” Yongguk screamed in pain and touched his injury to make sure that had not got worse “It’s the second time you beat me in the same place!”

    “Sorry, I just wanted to help” Daehyun cringed.

    “I said I'm fine”

    “If you insist...”

    “I insist”

    Daehyun stared at Yongguk and remembered the time Youngjae got hit by a frisbee, the editor-in-chief spent hours about bruises and bumps that weren’t even real. In conclusion, Yongguk was a brave man and Youngjae was a silly crybaby. That memory made him laugh out loud.

    “What?” A startled Yongguk asked without understanding anything.

    “Nothing. I’m just hungry” Daehyun said, a little awkward, he didn’t know why all of a sudden he thought of the younger. He shook him off of his thoughts and looked down at his hand that was still holding the tub of ice cream “You sure you don’t want to put this on your forehead?”

    “I've never been more sure” Yongguk backed off, afraid of getting hit for the third time.

    “Then I’ll eat it”

    “Isn’t already melted?”

    “I’ll drink it like a milkshake” Daehyun said, taking the milkshake in one go and crushed the tub before throwing it away “You know, I was supposed to go out with Zelo and have a lot of food, but then you brought me here… I wonder if Himchan’s worried… I told him you were going to murder me. He didn’t take me seriously though, so I guess he isn’t worried at all”

    “You go around saying I’m a murderer?”

    “I thought you were one, so suit me”

    “But now you know I’m a cop”

    “If you say so”

    “Still don’t believe me?”

    “Well... If you’re a cop, why are you working as my bodyguard? You need extra money?”

    “I’m undercover” Yongguk said “I needed access to Ego, so when I heard Youngjae was looking for a bodyguard, I called an old friend who works for the Yoo family and asked him to pull some strings”

    “And Youngjae knows you’re a cop?”

    “He doesn’t” Yongguk shook his head “Nobody can know, so keep it quiet”

    “I will if you don’t say anything about me passing as Dasom”

    “Nobody knows?” Yongguk asked in disbelief, it was impossible for Daehyun to go so far with such a lie without any help.

    “Well, Himchan’s the stylist, I told him from the beginning, and Jongup found it out by accident… Jongup is…”

    “Hyoseong’s assistant” Yongguk cut him off “I know all the employees at Ego”

    “I see” Daehyun shrugged “Anyway, only Himchan and Jongup know”

    “What about Youngjae?”

    “He thinks I’m Dasom’s twin brother”

    “Are you telling me he doesn’t even suspect a little?”

    “I think he doesn’t” Daehyun said and suddenly fear gripped him “Are you going to tell him? Don’t tell him”

    “I won’t, although I’d like to know why you’re passing as Dasom. It’s a crime to impersonate someone you aren’t”

    “What?! Dasom doesn’t even exist, how can that be a crime?”

    “No matter if the person you impersonate is real or fake, it’s a crime if you profit in it” Yongguk explained “I'm sure you’re making money as Dasom, so yes, it’s a crime”

    “But… I'm not hurting anybody!” Daehyun said, starting to believe that Yongguk was a real cop and was going to arrest him at any time “Ok, I just did what I did because I was kicked out of my uncle's house! I didn't have money and Youngjae thought I was a woman and offered me a modeling job which I took to get a place to stay while earning some money... I wasn't planning the crime of the century”

    “In fact, this lie is killing me. I just wait until the end of the month where I'm done with the cover, so I can leave all this behind...”

    “Calm down, I won’t arrest you” Yongguk patted him on his back “I’m just surprised that things like this happen in real life. I mean, I’ve watched many dramas where women pass as men, but a guy passing as a woman is new. Although I must say you’ve done a great job, I couldn’t believe you’re actually a man at first”

    “It’s all thanks to Himchan, he’s very good at his job”

    “He clearly is” Yongguk nodded “And now that we both know each other’s secrets, you can help me”

    “With what?”

    “My work”

    “How? I don't even know what's your undercover's for”

    “It's not safe to talk in the open, let's go to my office” Yongguk said and started walking, however, Daehyun didn’t follow.

    “Still concerned about me killing you?” Yongguk joked as he turned to face him.

    “Yes”

    “I won't”

    “You say that, but you look imposing and mysterious like a bad guy from an action movie” Daehyun said, rubbing his arm restlessly “Tsk, I guess your office is in the police station, so you won't kill me before your peers, right?” Daehyun chuckled nervously as he walked towards him.

    “My office isn't at the police station”

    Daehyun froze and gulped.

    “I'm undercover, my office is in one of those warehouses” Yongguk pointed to the couple of warehouses across the street.

    “Forget it, I won't follow you to a warehouse, that’s where murders are committed in horror movies”

    “Fine” Yongguk shrugged “Let's go back to the apartment”

    Yongguk changed direction and headed towards the street where he parked the car. Daehyun didn't follow him this time either.

    “Now what?” The elder inquired, frustrated.

    “I don't trust you, but you said you’re undercover because you need access to Ego, that makes me curious”

    “Ok, let's go to the warehouse” 

    “But curiosity killed the cat”

    “No problem, let's go to the apartment”

    “But...”

    “Seriously, make up your mind”

    Daehyun chewed on his lower lip and finally said:

    “Let's go to the warehouse”