Chapter 64: I Want To Know 2

She is a boy

drunk youngjae will be in the next chapter, he behaves like a drunk in this one though

I saw a v live where he said he has mood swings 'cause he's ab blood type, so don't think he's crazy or ooc, he's just ab

jongup and youngjae are besties now

giphy.gif

 

Chapter 64: I Want To Know 2

“The traffic is heavy, I can give you a ride to work on my bike” Jongup said as Daehyun got ready for work.

    “Jaehan will pick me up”

    “Jaehan?”

    “I told you, he's the new reporter”

    Suddenly the doorbell started ringing “It must be him!” Daehyun rushed to the door, however, when he opened it, it wasn't his new friend, but Youngjae “Hi... W-what are you doing here?”

    “We have an unfinished conversation”

    “You said you were going to give me time”

    “I gave you one day”

    It's not enough, Daehyun was going to say, but a white van stopped in front of them and the window rolled down showing Jaehan “Hi, Daehyun! Am I late?”

    “On the contrary!” Daehyun said and glanced at Youngjae quickly “I have to go, let's talk... later...” the blond felt relieved as he opened the door and got in the van, since he didn't know what to say to the editor.

    “What? Wait!!!” Youngjae yelled as the van vanished from his sight “Who the hell is that guy?” he said out loud as he had gotten a glimpse of the young man that interrupted them and concluded that he was very good-looking; Daehyun left him for a very good-looking young man.

    “It’s Jaehan, Daehyun's new coworker” a male voice said, startling him. Youngjae turned around to see Jongup at the door.

    “Stop creeping like a ghost!!!” Youngjae yelled “You almost gave me a heart attack!!!”

 

“I hope I didn't interrupt you two” Jaehan said as he drove.

    “No” Daehyun swallowed hard, in fact, he wanted to thank his friend for his intervention, he didn't have an answer for Youngjae yet.

    “Who's your favorite singer?” Jaehan changed the subject abruptly.

    “Uh? Mmm, I don't have one...”

    “I see, any favorite song then?”

    “Lately I've been listening to Katy Perry’s I wanna live forever

    “I know that song…” Jaehan searched the phone for the song “It's Taylor Swift’s though, and Zayn”

    “Oh, well... I don't know” Daehyun blushed “I just know that it’s a cool song” Jaehan smiled and connected his phone to the stereo, at first Daehyun was confused, didn’t know what the younger was up to, but then Zayn’s voice echoed in the car…

 

A week went by without Youngjae seeing or calling Daehyun, he fought hard against himself and gave the photographer some space to think about their “relationship”, however, he couldn’t wait any longer, he needed an answer, he needed to know whether Daehyun loved him or not, whether Daehyun loved Jongup instead of him or not, so that afternoon, he decided to skip work as usual and go to Jongup’s house.

    Youngjae got out of his car and stopped at the large gate and had second thoughts; was it a good idea to pressure Daehyun into giving him an answer? All of a sudden the door opened and brought Jongup out. Youngjae startled and yelped.

    The brown-haired assistant looked him up and down, the editor wore a very flamboyant red suit with white sneakers.

    Youngjae wasn’t far behind and studied Jongup too, the younger wore black jeans, black shoes, white t-shirt and denim jacket, and carried a black backpack slung over one shoulder.

    “What do you want?” Jongup finally asked.

    “Daehyun, I want Daehyun”

    “He's at work”

    “You're lying, it's his day off”

    “Yeah, but Jaehan needed help with an article and Daehyun went to him”

    “Jaehan?” Youngjae made a face, he didn't remember who the hell Jaehan was and then a white van and Daehyun getting in popped up in his mind “The good-looking guy with the white van?” Youngjae said, thoughtfully “What kind of ert is that? Just erts drive vans”

    “Don’t be stupid” Jongup shook his head “Jaehan is Daehyun’s coworker”

    “Coworker? It means that Daehyun is always with him at work and always with you at home and never with me?”

    “I don't have time for your nonsense” Jongup said and headed to his bike parked in a corner “I have to bring lunch to Daehyunnie” Regardless of what Youngjae thought, he didn’t spend much time with Daehyun, they both had lots of work. Jongup begged Hyoseong to give him a day off on the same day that Daehyun’s, so they could be together, however, Jaehan called out of nowhere and asked Daehyun to go to the newspaper to help him with work.

    At first, Jongup was upset, but then he decided to make steak and salad for Daehyun, take it to the newspaper and have lunch together.

    “You're going to the paper?”

    “Yes” Jongup said as he got on the bike and put on the helmet while Youngjae ran to him and climbed on the bike clumsily “What are you doing?!” Jongup exclaimed in surprise.

    “I also want to see Daehyun” the black-haired man said as he wrapped his arms around Jongup’s waist.

    “He doesn't want to see you”

    “Shut up”

    “There's no way you get off, right?” Jongup said as he felt Youngjae grabbing him with more force.

    “No” Youngjae shook his head and Jongup sighed in defeat and started the bike.

 

“Sorry for asking you to come on your day off” Jaehan excused himself as he typed on the keyboard.

    “Don't worry, I’m always happy to help” Daehyun said and Jaehan smiled, although the truth was that the blond didn’t want to be alone with Jongup, like Youngjae, the younger was waiting for an answer too, and Daehyun had none.

    “What's your favorite food?” the intern snapped him out of his thoughts.

    “Everything” Daehyun said and blushed, feeling like a pig while the younger just chuckled.

    “I heard the pasta in the cafeteria next to the building is very good, let me treat you lunch” he said at the same time as he turned off the computer.

    “Why?”

    “You helped me with the article, it's the least I can do”

    “I said I'm happy to help, there's no need to buy me lunch”

    “I want to” Jaehan said and got up “Let's go”

    Daehyun looked up and smiled “Let's go!”

 

“Aaaaaah!!! Aaaaaah!!!” Youngjae yelled as he seized Jongup's waist with all his might “Aaaaah!!! Aaaaaaah!!!”

    “Stop screaming!!!” Jongup said as he went through the streets.

    “Stop driving so fast!!!”

    “I'm driving at normal speed!!!”

    “Aaaaaaah!!! I don't want to die!!!” Youngjae closed his eyes and clutched the younger’s waist strongly.

    “You're asphyxiating me!!!” Jongup complained as he slowed down. He already slowed down a lot though, but Youngjae kept screaming like he was in a savage motorcycle race.

    “Stop talking and look straight ahead!!! There are many cars!!! This bike is small!! We’re going to be crushed!!! Aaaaaah!!! Aaaaah!!!”

    “That’s not happening!!!” Jongup said as he turned to face him.

    “Look to your front!!! Look to your front!!!” Youngjae slapped him on the helmet.

    Jongup rolled his eyes and wondered why Daehyun liked Youngjae so much, the editor was a crybaby. Youngjae squeaked the whole way to the newspaper, even if Jongup wore a helmet, Youngjae’s screams deafened him.

   

Jongup reached Noir and pulled over at a corner. He took off the helmet while Youngjae kept screaming though they weren’t on the road anymore.

    “You can stop screaming now” Jongup hissed as he tried to get off his bike, but Youngjae still grabbed him tightly “You can let me go too” he said and tried to move away, but Youngjae had The Hulk’s superhuman strength thanks to his fear “Man, we’re already here, safe and sound, so let go of me”

    Youngjae still had his eyes shut, he opened one in great fear and looked at the building before them, it was his third time at the newspaper, the first and second time he was looking for Dasom, he thought with a hint of nostalgia.

    “Seriously, take your hands off me” Jongup said as Youngjae's arms still wrapped around him.

    “I can't, I got cramps”

    “You're kidding”

    “Just wait” Youngjae said as he kept hugging Jongup “The cramps in my hands will go away by itself”

    Some women came out of the building and laughed as they saw the two men in that lovey-dovey position.

    “Let me go, let me go!!!” Jongup slapped Youngjae's hands.

    “I said I have cramps!!! It hurts!!!”

    “I don't care!!!” Jongup grabbed the other's hands and pulled them away and struggled to get off the bike.

    “You're mean” Youngjae said as he rubbed his hands and got off too. The younger ignored him and entered the building and headed to the reception where an old lady received him with a bow.

    “Good afternoon, what can I help you with?”

    “Afternoon” Jongup bowed back “I'm looking for Daehyun”

    “He just left with Jaehan for lunch in the cafeteria next to the building. People say its pasta is very good”

    “Thank you” Jongup said and turned around to see that Youngjae was already starting for the exit. He still didn't know why Youngjae was there with him, he sighed and followed him to the cafeteria.

    It was a small place, but comfy, he thought as he and Youngjae watched Daehyun and Jaehan from the outside. They were sitting at a table for two in the very center. Youngjae was the first to enter, Jongup didn't waste time and did the same. Youngjae didn't go straight to Daehyun, he stopped behind a bush and hid, and for some weird reason Jongup hid too.

    “What are you doing?” Jongup asked as he stopped next to him.

    “I'm studying the enemy, it's clear that that Jaehan wants to play house with Daehyun”

    “Play house? Are you a kindergartener?”

    “That Jaehan's hand touched slightly Daehyun's arm from the shoulder to the elbow” Youngjae said, touching Jongup’s shoulder before going down to his elbow.

    “I'm not seeing it” Jongup squinted and slapped his hand away.

    “Oh my God!!! He put his hand on Daehyun's!!!” Youngjae grabbed Jongup’s hand tightly.

    “And?” Jongup said as he saw Jaehan's hand on the blond's.

    “Aren't you jealous?”

    “No”

    “You, liar” the elder scoffed “You're jealous, you're dying of jealousy”

    “The only one who's jealous is you” Jongup said and shook Youngjae’s hand off as he realized that the elder still held his hand “I'm too mature for that”

    As they argued, they were near enough the table to overhear the conversation between Daehyun and his friend.

    “I went to Sunhwa's exhibit and her photographs looked like paintings!!! I want to try that with my photographies, I even asked her about the techniques she used, but I can't do that” Daehyun said blissfully, unaware of Jaeup.

    “Maybe I can help” Jaehan said “I studied photography”

    “Really?!”

    “I thought about doing photojournalism, but in the end I’m better at writing”

    “You're full of surprises!!!”

    Not far from there, Jongup listened with a straight face, but Youngjae could say he was jealous...

    “I knew it, you're jealous that Jaehan is a photographer, it's like you, but taller and hotter, I think he got more muscles than you, I can see his muscles through his tee”

    “Stop calling me small, we’re the same height”

    “That’s not true, I’m at least two inches taller”

    “’Cause you wear elevator shoes”

    “Don’t change the subject” Youngjae puffed his cheeks “Admit you’re jealous!!!”

    Youngjae was right, he was jealous, Jongup thought, but he wasn't going to make him happy. Jaehan was very straightforward with his actions, his hand was still on Daehyun's and used the free one to brush his sunflower hair out of his face, and then he leaned in as if to kiss him, Jongup froze and Youngjae made a face and bent over and grabbed Jongup's foot, before the younger could react, Youngjae took his shoe off and threw it against Jaehan, however, the shoe hit Daehyun's face.

    Daehyun cried out in pain, but Jongup's scream was louder:

    “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!” Jongup yelled at Youngjae after he took his shoe off and hit Daehyun with it.

    Everybody, including Daehyun and Jaehan turned to stare at them with furrowed brows.

    “Jongup?” Daehyun said in confusion “Youngjae?... You hit me... with that?” he asked as he picked the shoe off the ground.

    “It's Jongup’s shoe, it's clear that he hit you, not me” Youngjae bit his thumb.

    “Why did you throw me your shoe?” Daehyun frowned at Jongup.

    “There was a big bee going your way… I threw my shoe to him before he could sting you…, but he dodged it…, and the shoe ended up in your face…”

    “Sir, there’s no bees in here” a waiter said.

    “I’m a witness, the bee was bigger than the shoe” Youngjae shooed the man away.

    Daehyun patted his forehead, it hurt, but seeing Jongup and Youngjae hurt more “What are you doing here?”

    “A friend told me the pasta here is very good” Jongup forced a smile.

    “What friend?”

    Jongup pointed at Youngjae.

    “Since when you two are friends?”

    “Since forever, we love the same thing (Daehyun)” Youngjae giggled.

    “We have to put ice on that before you get a bump” Jaehan said as he ran his fingers across Daehyun’s forehead making the others jealous.

    “He always have excuses to touch him” Youngjae said.

    “You helped, didn't you” Jongup said “Why did you throw my shoe at Daehyun?”

    “I wanted to hit that Jaehan, it's not my fault I'm a bad shooter”

    “Thanks to you, he's very close to Daehyun and touching his forehead” Jongup said as he looked at the lobby where a waiter handed an ice bag to Jaehan who placed it gently on the blond’s forehead “Are you having a ?” he asked as he saw Youngjae in a fugue state.

    “I realized that Youngjae and Jaehan are the same”

    “What you’re saying?”

    “We’re both Jae”

    “It’s not the same”

    “Come on!!! He’s like a ier version of you with my charisma”

    “What charisma? You're a creep that throws other people's shoe against Daehyun, I don't know why he likes you”

    “He likes me?”

    “Of course he does, it’s the only explanation why he hasn't sent you off, YOU’RE CRAZY”

    “I’M CRAZY ABOUT DAEHYUN”

    “This isn't a Korean drama, you're very creepy in real life, such thing like I'm crazy about you deserves a restraining order”

    “Jongup! Youngjae!” a very manly voice called out their names and they turned to see a tall man with dark hair and tattoos everywhere.

    “Yongguk hyung?” Jongup said in confusion.

    “Dasom's bodyguard” Youngjae said as he didn't remember the elder's name.

    “I'm looking for Daehyun, the lady at the reception told me he...”

    “Yongguk hyung!!!” Daehyun said with a big smile as he ran to him and gave him a big hug.

    How many rivals I have? Youngjae thought in shock as he frowned at Yongguk and then at Jongup and then at Jaehan.

    “I'm happy to see you this often” Daehyun said.

    “Sleepy sent me to invite you and Jaehan and all the people at the newspaper to tonight’s restaurant opening since he's still very sorry for making you guys wait, he wants to treat everybody to dinner”

    “Me and Jaehan will happily assist, so will our coworkers”

    “I'll go too” Youngjae raised his hand “I don't work at Noir, but I can go, right?”

    Yongguk didn’t know what to say and looked at Daehyun who shrugged “Uh, I guess you can…”

    “Can I too, hyung?” Jongup asked and the said guy looked at Daehyun again in search of an answer and in reply he shrugged again…

    “Of course you can” Yongguk said, confused. The photographer had explained everything to him; Jongup loved him, Youngjae loved him and by the way Jaehan looked at him, Yongguk could say that he liked the blond too…

 

the original title of this chapter and the previous is “questions” (like zelo’s song) but google translated it as “I want to know”

next chapter crazy drunk youngjae… I can’t believe jongup let youngjae drag him into his mess, thanks to jaehan they’ll be friends ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

daeup pics feat. youngjae to distract you 

yyj: stay away from jongup

tumblr_ptft77b9MI1vh205ko1_250.gif

yyj: I said stay away from jongup

tumblr_ptft77b9MI1vh205ko2_500.jpg

yyj: whatever

tumblr_ptftgyZlUO1vh205ko1_1280.jpg

daehyun making them suffer

tumblr_ptft77b9MI1vh205ko6_400.gif