Chapter 51: See You Later 1

She is a boy

Chapter 51: See You Later 1

“Good morning!!!” Daehyun said to Jongup who was in the kitchen, eating cereal by the sink.

    “Hi” Jongup replied coldly, still mad about the fact that he and Daehyun fought because of Youngjae. He was so mad he didn’t even ask Daehyun why he had a bump on his forehead “Did you get your cellphone back?”

    “I was on my way to Youngjae’s when it began to rain, so I came back. I'll go after eating something” The blond headed to the fridge, but stopped when he passed the trash can and saw the steak inside “Did you throw it away?”

    “You were in a hurry to your boyfriend’s, so I thought you didn't want it”

    “You could've kept it in the fridge”

    “If I had put it in the fridge again it'd have lost its flavor”

    “So you threw it? How can you? It's food!!!” Daehyun retrieved the steak from the trash.

    “What are you doing?”

    “I'm going to wash it, cook it again and eat it”

    “Are you crazy?” Jongup left his bowl and reached out to take the steak, but Daehyun moved away “You can get sick”

    “I won't”

    “If you want steak so badly, I'll buy more, but throw that away”

    “No!!! It's food!!! You can’t waste food!!!”

    Jongup was about to wrestle Daehyun to get the steak. He wasn't going to let him eat it, however, the doorbell rang and he had to give up for a while to answer. Jongup opened the door and he almost choked with the cereal as he saw Yoo Youngjae standing on the sidewalk. Daehyun said Youngjae was a mess and didn't bath or shave, Daehyun said his hair was glassy and his lips chapped, but the Youngjae before him was flawless, bathed and shaved, in a posh designer suit. The only thing off was the bump on his forehead, and then he remembered Daehyun’s bump. The only difference was that Youngjae’s one was on the left side of his forehead and Daehyun’s on the right.

    “Hi” Youngjae said “Is Daehyun here?”

    “No” Jongup said and closed the door.

    “Who’s this?” Daehyun asked, coming out of the house.

    “Just kids ringing for fun” he said and the doorbell started to ring again.

    “Those brats will see, I’m very scary” Daehyun reached for the door.

    “Let them be, they’re just kids” Jongup got in his way.

    “They deserve their ears pulled!” Daehyun walked past him and opened the door and grabbed the first ear he saw and pulled it “You little prick, it’s rude to ring others’ doorbell for fun!”

    “I’m not ringing the doorbell for fun” Youngjae complained as Daehyun came from nowhere and pulled his ear. The photographer recognized his voice and let go of him “It wasn’t enough you hit me with your cellphone, you want to rip off my ear!”

    Daehyun was speechless, Youngjae was very different from the one he saw yesterday. This Youngjae was neat, smelled like roses, his skin looked smooth and fair instead of saggy and pale sick and there weren't signs of dark circles or dry lips.

    “Aren’t you going to apologize?” the younger rubbed his ear in pain.

    “What are you doing here?” Daehyun replied with another question “How did you know I was here?”

    “Himchan told me” Youngjae took a cellphone out of his coat pocket and held it out “You left it at my apartment”

    “Thank you, I was going to…”

    “Can we talk?”

    “We’re talking”

    “Alone” Youngjae looked at Jongup who looked at him back with distrust. Daehyun turned around to ask to him to leave, but the brown-haired man was already on his way to the house.

    “What do you want to talk about?” Daehyun turned to face Youngjae. Did he check my phone? Did he find out I'm Dasom? I don't think so, he wouldn’t be so calm.

    “I want to apologize for what happened in Busan” A very long awkward silence took over, Daehyun didn't think about that or Youngjae anymore, so why the hell did he bring that back?  

    “I shouldn't have treated you like that just because you said you love me”

    “Since we're both men, I thought you'd freak out and beat the out of me, but you stayed calm and didn’t punch me. You just said you don’t love me, so I guess you treated me okay”  

    “It’s not because you are a man…”

    “It's because I'm not Dasom and you only love her, you made it very clear” Daehyun sighed “You don't have to apologize, everything's water under the bridge. In fact, you were right when you said it's just an infatuation” the blond shrugged “I did what you said, I met people and started hanging out more”

    “I'm always right” 

    “It's not a contest”

    “I know, but if it were, I'd win”

    “You're unbelievable” Daehyun rolled his eyes “I thought you were suffering for Dasom, but I guess you're fine”

    “I was suffering for her” Youngjae said “But like you, I also realized it's an infatuation. I never met someone like her and got a little crazy, but I'm over her now”

    “Are you over her?”

    “Why would I lie?”

    “To get her back”

    “I don't even know where she is”

    “You can look for her”

    “She asked me not to. I thought if she loved me she'd come back. The days went by and she never came back. I guess she never cared, so I'm over her” Youngjae said “And since you're over me, we can be friends again”

    “You want us to be friends again? I'm still not sure if we were friends to begin with”     

    “Of course we were” Youngjae said “I miss to argue with you, I miss your laughter, Himchan doesn't get my jokes and Jooe have to laugh 'cause I pay her, but you always laugh. You're so bright like your hair, like sunshine. I miss your obsession with photography, I've never met someone who loves his work so much, but mostly I miss you eating off my plate, without you eating my food, I’ve gained two pounds”

    “You're the one who eats off my plate!” Daehyun replied “I don't get your jokes, I just laugh at how dumb you look when you think you're saying something fun”

    “All I hear we're friends again”

    “Why not?” Daehyun shrugged “Me and Jongup are going to throw a party for a friend’s birthday, you can come if you want to”

    “I love parties”

    “There aren’t top models or idols, it's just a small thing with friends”

    “I will be here by...”

    “Seven”

    “Seven” Youngjae said and went to his car, Daehyun watched him get in and drive away before closing the door and going back to the house.

    “I made you scrambled eggs with bacon and French toast” Jongup shouted from the kitchen.

    “Thank you” the blond said, entering the kitchen.

    “You said he never leaves his apartment and never showers and looks sick, but from what I saw, he’s more than fine”

    “I swear he was in a very bad shape yesterday”

    “And now he's handsome”

    “He's like always”

    “Handsome”

    “If you say so”

    “Did you tell him the truth?”

    “It wasn't necessary. He's over Dasom”

    “So you didn't tell”

    “Like I said, he's fine. I didn’t see much point to tell him I’m Dasom now that he doesn’t like her anymore”

    “Then what were you talking about?”

    “I told him I never loved him, it was just a silly infatuation and he said we can be friends again and I said why not”

    “You can't be friends with him again. You love him and you'll get hurt again because he doesn't love you”

    “I won’t get hurt, I don't love him”