Chapter 55: Hope 1

She is a boy

Chapter 55: Hope 1

It was Saturday and Daehyun was on the sidewalk, waiting for Youngjae who was thirty minutes late. The blond sighed and thought whether to call him or not, he didn’t want to seem desperate, and then he heard Jongup’s voice from the gate.

    “He won't come”

    “He will”

    “He's thirty minutes late and don't even have the decency to call”

    “He must be stuck in traffic… He must've forgotten the cellphone somewhere, he sometimes does”

    “You sound like a stupid girl excusing her lousy boyfriend”

    “It's ist to say that women are stupid that excuse their bad boyfriends”

    “You're right, men can be stupid too, you're proof of that!”

    Speaking of the devil, Youngjae showed up with a big smile and pulled the car up in front of the house and then he lost his smile as he saw Jongup.

    “Get in” Youngjae said to Daehyun while ignoring the younger.

    “Not even a sorry” Jongup hissed.

    “What did you say?” Youngjae clenched his jaw.

    “I said not even a sorry for being late”

    “I'm on time”

    “Actually you're late half an hour” Daehyun said.

    “I'm not” Youngjae checked the hour on the cellphone “It's 9:30 a.m.”

    “You said 9:00 a.m.”

    “Yeah, but you said 9:30 a.m.” Youngjae leaned across the seat and held out the cellphone for the other to see. Daehyun blushed as he read their texts; Youngjae did say 9, but he insisted 9:30 and had forgotten about that. Youngjae was about to laugh his off, but Daehyun looked up and said:

    “If you laugh I won't go”

    “I'd never laugh at you” Youngjae bit his tongue to keep from laughing.

    “I'll go too” Jongup suddenly said.

    “Cool, it'll be fun!!!” Daehyun said excitedly.

    “I can, right?” Jongup grinned at Youngjae who chewed the inside of his cheek and forced a smile.

    “Of course you can!!! The more the merrier!!!” Youngjae laughed insincerely “Can I use the bathroom first? I drank a lot of coffee”

    “There's a bathroom passing the living room” Daehyun said and Youngjae got out of the car and went into the house. Once he was out of sight, he took out his cellphone and called Hyoseong.

 

Seoul Grand Park was a very beautiful place, it had a lake surrounded by gardens full of colorful flowers, it had museums, palaces, a zoo and an amusement park, COUPLES always went there to spend time and have fun, Yoo Youngjae was crazy if he thought Jongup was going to leave him alone with Daehyun. Suddenly, Jongup’s cellphone beeped.

    “What is it?” Daehyun asked as Jongup took out his cellphone.

    “It’s a text from Hyoseong, she needs me at a photo-shoot”

    “I thought it’s your day off”

    “It’s my day off, I won’t go”

    “You have to” Daehyun said “She promised you that you’ll be the main photographer for the Tuesday photo-shoot, if you don’t go now that she needs you, she may get mad and break her promise”

    “You're right, but...”

    “Come on, you’ve wanted to be the main photographer for a while, you’ve worked so hard you deserve it!!! Are you going to lose your chance just for a stupid day at the park?!”

    “No day is stupid as long as I’m with you”

    “I want to be with you too, but I want you to go to Ego more” Daehyun shook his head “I'll text you every fifteen minute so it'll be like we're together”

    “Fine” Jongup gave up and smiled.

 

Youngjae came back with a smile since there wasn't Jongup anymore, he had to bribe Hyoseong with new high tech cameras in order to get her to help him to get rid of Jongup, but it was worth it, finally, he was alone with Daehyun as he wanted it.

    “You took your time in the bathroom, are you ok?” Daehyun asked.

    “I'm more than ok” Youngjae said and opened the passenger door for him.

    “Wow, you're such a gentleman” Daehyun made fun and got in.

    “I’m a gentleman” Youngjae closed the door and got behind the wheel “You look like a high school kid that's going to a school trip” he said as Daehyun wore a dark blue sweatshirt, white sneakers and a black backpack.

    “And you look like an ajusshi” Daehyun checked him out as well. The dark-haired man wore a black suit with a gray turtleneck sweater and moccasins “Aren’t you too fancy? We’re going to a zoo, you should wear something comfier”

    “I'm always fancy” Youngjae said as he started the car “I was in a meeting with the partners… You know, lot to catch up after I didn’t go to work during days. I could’ve gone to the apartment and change, but I didn’t want to be late”

    “You could've changed at Himchan's, his studio is full of clothes”

    “I didn't think of that, it's clear that I'm dumb like you”

    “You're dumber” Daehyun chuckled and took the backpack off and put it on his lap.

    “What do you carry there?”

    “My camera, I want to take lots of pics” Daehyun said and took a plastic bag out of the backpack “I also carry this” he shook the bag before the younger’s face “They’re chocolates with cream-filling centers” the blond opened the bag and took out a sheet “It comes with stickers” he took a sticker in the shape of a heart and put it on Youngjae’s hand.

    “You aren't like a high school kid, you're like a kindergarten one” the editor turned his head to look at Daehyun who was smiling big, he couldn’t but sigh, he had missed his smile, it was so beautiful, Daehyun was so beautiful, what the hell was he thinking when he pushed him away?

    “You should look straight ahead” Daehyun snapped him out of his thoughts.

    I WANT TO LOOK AT YOU, Youngjae thought as he turned his head back to the road.

 

There were dozens of people in the park and Youngjae and Daehyun had to wait in line for, like, two hours, however, time passed quickly as they talked and laughed. Youngjae had missed so much Daehyun’s beautiful voice, seriously, what the hell was he thinking when he thought he could live without him? Without his beautiful voice? Without his beautiful laughter?  

    “Wow, is that tiger real?” Daehyun asked in wonder as he entered the park and the first thing he saw was a giant tiger surrounded by vases and vibrant flowers.

    “Of course it’s not!” Youngjae exclaimed in shock “If that thing were real we’d be dead!!!”

    “All I did was ask a question, you don't have to call me stupid”

    “I didn't call you stupid”

    “You thought it”

    “I didn't... Most of the time you are though, but not always”

    Out of nowhere Daehyun flicked his forehead.

    “Ouch!” Youngjae yelped as he touched his forehead “Did you flick me?!”

    In response the photographer flicked his forehead again, harder.

    “You don't really think you'll get away with this!!!”

    “First you have to catch me!!!” Daehyun burst in laughs and ran off.

    “What the!!!” Youngjae ran after him and after a few minutes he reached him and grabbed him by the wrist “I got ya!!!” he said and drew closer, Daehyun closed his eyes and waited for the forehead flick, but Youngjae brushed his sunflower hair from his forehead instead.

    And for the thousandth time Youngjae asked himself why in the hell did he reject Daehyun? He should’ve said I LOVE YOU TOO when Daehyun said I LOVE YOU, he should’ve kissed him when he had the chance, but now Daehyun didn’t feel the same, now Daehyun lived with Jongup, now Daehyun was very happy with Jongup…

    Youngjae felt so stupid, he wanted to cry…

    “Wake up!” Daehyun flicked him “Lately I always find you staring into space like you’re daydreaming” he chuckled “What’s on your mind?”

    YOU, Youngjae thought and forced a smile “Nothing” he shrugged “The nursery is close, I can’t wait to see the baby panda” he said and went to the nursery without letting go of the elder.

 

this inspired me the sticker thing

giphy.gif