Chapter 71: Easy 3

She is a boy

 

updating too much ‘cause writing is my only joy ლ(・﹏・ლ) what a sad life 

let me remind you that this chapter daehyun is dasom, although sometimes when he’s thinking, he’s daehyun… it’s confusing, that’s why I don’t like dasom

 

Chapter 71: Easy 3

“Where do you want to go?” Youngjae asked as he and Dasom went down the corridor.

    “You're the one who asked me out” Daehyun (as Dasom) said, worried that Youngjae found out the truth, since he wasn't ready. He thought that he'd have more time to prepare.

    “I just said the first thing that came to me” he said and stopped dead in his tracks “I was afraid that you ran away again” Daehyun lowered his head under Youngjae's intense gaze and mumbled:

    “I didn't run away”

    “Then where have you been?”

    “I was in Busan..., thinking about us”

    “There's a new traditional Korean restaurant down near here” Youngjae said like he didn't hear what she said.

    “I was thinking about a more private place to talk”

    “There's no one at this hour”

    “Fine by me then” Daehyun said. Suddenly, the editor didn't look happy to see Dasom anymore. He had welcomed her with a tight, strong, long hug, but now he appeared cold and distant, in fact, they went to the new traditional restaurant in silence, keeping the distance and looking away from each other.

 

Youngjae didn't lie when he said the restaurant was empty around that late, Daehyun thought as he looked around, there were a few guys drinking at the bar, but there was no one around, and therefore the distance felt bigger and the silence worse.

    “Good evening” A young man approached them with menus.

    “We'll have bulgogi” Youngjae motioned with his hand before the other could pass him the menu.

    “Pork, beef or both?” he asked and Youngjae gave a look to Dasom.

    “Pork, I like pork” she said, smiling to the waiter, he smiled back at her and left. The food took a few minutes, but since Dasom and Youngjae didn't say anything at all, the waiting felt like an eternity. The waiter set a stove-top griddle on the table carefully and put the plate with marinated slices of pork on the table and some side dishes before leaving again.

    Daehyun didn't want to eat, he had gone there to talk with Youngjae, but Youngjae placed the slices on the stove and soon the delicious smell of the pork raided the place.

    “You want beer or soju?” Youngjae asked as he finished to put the meat on the stove.

    “A very, very cold beer” Daehyun said and Youngjae left for the drinks and by the time he returned, Dasom was already stuffing herself with pork.

    “You...” Youngjae made a face and then scoffed “haven't changed at all” he took a seat and continued “No girl eats like a pig, except you”

    “You called me a pig?”

    “You're never ashamed of being you, you never pretend, that's why I like you” Youngjae shrugged and offered her the beer.

    So you like Dasom, I knew it, Daehyun thought as he chewed his food with effort, suddenly, the tasty meat tasted like rubber. He popped open the beer and drank quickly. Youngjae stared at Dasom in amusement and burst in laughs.

    “What's so funny?” she gave him a murderous look.

    “You really haven’t changed” the younger laughed “You still dress in the dark, hoodie and windbreaker, seriously, you didn't learn how to dress all that time as model”

    “You're wrong, now I know how to put on makeup”

    “You're right, the second time I met you, you had makeup all over your face” (Chapter 3: One Shot)

    “You remember?” Daehyun asked in surprise.

    “Of course” Youngjae shook his head and smiled “I was sleeping quietly in my sleeping bag and you almost gave me a heart attack!!!”

    “Why were you sleeping in a sleeping bag? Your office is like a two-story loft, you have a bed on the second floor.

    “I didn't want to be caught sleeping at work”

    “I almost got a heart attack too, when I approached you, you slept peacefully, but then you opened your eyes, I thought you were going to yell at me, in fact, you did yell at me”

    “I know, sometimes I'm rude, I never thought I'd fall in love with you...”

    Daehyun bit his lower lip, it was clear that Youngjae still loved Dasom, he never stopped loving her. So all the times that he said he loved me it was because I reminded him of Dasom...

    “You're out of this world, you're beautiful, hard worker, smart, fun to be with...”

    Daehyun couldn't bear hearing how Youngjae praised his 'sister' anymore, so he cut him off, still as Dasom.

    “You know, this whole time I've been in Busan, thinking about you, I freaked out when you said you love me, but I've thought it over and I love you too”

    “Uh...” Youngjae's mouth dropped open “You're perfect, from head to toe, and I love you very much, but not that way”

    “How so?”

    “I love Daehyun”

    “You're wrong” Daehyun wasn't sure whether to feel hopeful or confused “You said you love me when he said he loved you”

    “I was scared because he was a man and there wasn't a future in it...”

    “You know, he is still a man” 

    “Can you let me finish? I was afraid that other people think, stare and judge… That’s why I said I loved you… You’re like Daehyun, but you’re a woman, nobody would judge me for dating you… I thought I could get over my feelings for him and be happy with you, after all you both look and behave the same, but it’s not...” Youngjae sighed deeply and bit his upper lip.

    “I don’t want to settle for his female version just because it's easier. I want the real thing. I want him. I love him” 

    “Why don't you tell him what you just told me instead of doing stupid things like getting drunk and embarrassing yourself in front of everybody and rambling about ?”

    “How do you know that?”

    “You know what? I'm off, don't follow me, just grow up” Daehyun (still as Dasom) exhaled deeply, shook his head, got up and left.