Chapter 48: Now 2

She is a boy

Chapter 48: Now 2

“Morning” Jongup came in the kitchen, surprised to see Daehyun by the stove.

    “Morning” he turned around to give him a smile before turning around again and focusing on the scrambled egg he was making. Jongup smiled and looked at the table full of plates with cereal, toast, fruit salad, coffee, orange juice, bacon, sandwiches, etc.

    “You did all this?”

    “I wanted to thank you”

    “What for? You didn't accept my gift”

    “I didn't and I won't” Daehyun shook his head “Just return the camera to the store, I don't want you to be in debt” he turned the stove off and served the eggs on a plate and put it on the table “But there's so much to thank you for, letting me live here, taking me to my very first concert, and above all, being the best friend ever”

    “I wanted to cook something for you, but since I don't know what your fave food is, I made a lot of things I hope you like”

    “All this smells and looks delicious, but even if it doesn't, I'd eat all just because you made it”

    “I'm not a great cook, but not a bad one either” Daehyun nudged him “Come on, have breakfast before going to work”

    “Today's my day off”

    “Really? It's my day off too!”

    “What a coincidence!” Jongup said with a big smile “I won a day with the dolphins at the aquarium”

    “You won a day with dolphins?” Daehyun said, surprised “You always win things, you should buy the lottery”

    “I don't think I'm that lucky” Jongup chuckled “You want to join me?”

    “The last time I went to the aquarium was on a school trip and I've never seen dolphins up close, so yes. Yes, yes, yes, I want to go with you!!!”

    After breakfast, they went to the aquarium, the employee, in charge of the dolphins, gave them wetsuits to change into and took them to the pool with the dolphins.

    “They're more beautiful in person than on TV” Daehyun said as he saw two big dolphins jumping out of the water and spinning playfully.

    “We have three dolphins, a family” the trainer said “Ganghan and Gwiyeobda and their baby, Jageun”

    “I can't see the baby” Daehyun said.

    “He's shy, you can see him when you get in the pool”

    “You heard her, let's go” Jongup said and jumped in the pool splashing the elder.

    “You punk” Daehyun said.

    “Come on!” Jongup laughed and splashed water against him. Daehyun backed away and breathed deeply before jumping in the water.

    The adult dolphins swam toward them. Gwiyeobda, stunned by Daehyun's looks, lifted up her head and tried to kiss him.

    “It's their lunchtime, you can feed them” the trainer handed a bucket with small fishes to Jongup and then the baby dolphin showed up when he smelled the food.

    “It's the cutest thing ever” Daehyun said as the small dolphin rubbed his nose against Jongup's hand.

    “You want to feed him?”

    “Hell yeah” Daehyun took a fish and held it out for the little guy to take it, however, the baby dolphin was too shy and dove into the water disappearing “Come back” Daehyun pouted.

    “He's really shy” Jongup said and the other dolphins surrounded him and made lovely noises to get his attention.

    “You two are cute too” Daehyun said and the male grabbed the fish in his hand with his teeth and offered it to his partner “Aaaaaah, that's the cutest thing ever”

    “Dolphins mate for life” the trainer said “Once they find their soulmate they have strong and lasting relationships with one another”

    “I think I found my soulmate already” Jongup said, low, just for Daehyun to hear. The photographer was still surprised that Jongup had feelings for him and hearing those words he could do nothing but blush.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

 

“How about we go to the movies after work?” Daehyun said as he and Jongup got ready to go to their respective work.

    “There's a movie theater in here” Jongup said.

    “I forgot”

    “What movie you want to watch?”

    “I like Horror movies”

    “How about Annabelle: Creation?”

    “I've heard great things about that movie, but I haven't watched it”

    “That's a date, let's meet at the movie theater after work”

 

Daehyun came home by ten, like always he had spent the whole day serving coffee and organizing files, but even if he was exhausted and the only thing he wanted to do was sleep, he hadn't forgotten the date with Jongup. He went straight to the theater, he thought Jongup was already there, his shift always ended earlier, however, there was nobody there.

    Daehyun considered leaving, but the popcorn maker caught his eye, it was big and got many different flavors from the classic butter to the cracked pepper and sea salt he had never tried before. The machine seemed intimidating, however, there were instructions and Daehyun followed them to the letter and picked nacho cheese popcorn. Suddenly the lights went out and the giant screen just magically turned itself on startling him. Daehyun gulped and turned around to see “Annabelle: Creation” playing. Both taken aback and curious he reached for a seat in the front row to watch the movie.

 

Daehyun was watching the scene where Linda shot the ball through the bedroom doorway when he felt a hand grab him by the back of his neck, he had been impassive so far, but with the hand from nowhere, he lost it and screamed his lungs out; he threw the popcorn and closed his eyes, climbed on the chair and screamed like his life depended on it. He screamed until his voice broke and he needed to shut up to catch his breath, and then he heard laughter. Confused, Daehyun opened one eye and turned around to see Jongup sitting behind him.

     “You!!! Moon Jongup!!! I'm gonna kill you!!!” Daehyun grabbed the popcorn spread on the seat next to him and threw them against him “How long have you been here?! You scared the life out of me!!!”

    “You said you like horror movies” he laughed hard as he went to sit by his side.

    “I like to watch them, not to be a part of them!!!”

    “Sorry, when I saw you coming in, I couldn’t help but...”

    “Wait in the dark and give the fright of my life?” Jongup wanted to apologize again, but it was so funny he just laughed “Oh man, this is like when I was younger, I was so scared of horror movies... Though I ended loving them over time”

    “So like horror movies you can love me over time as well” Jongup got serious and looked him in the eyes.

    “With the shock you've lost like a zillion points” Daehyun said and Jongup smiled to himself, because the other didn't say NO, so there was hope for him. Maybe Daehyun would love him in the future.

 

dolphins don't mate for life, they're dirty womanizers LOL

these daeups are like drabbles LOL I think they're cute

I've never seen annabelle: creation, I don't think I will, I got no balls